Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

I don't get it.

Every time I try to install this mod, it works fine until I try to load my next save - which never loads.

It seems to only happen with SLA/SLA-R. It happens every single time I try to use it without fail.

Am I the only one having this issue? Could it be an issue with SOS erection states in saves? I am running the latest (3.0) SOS (and have also tried 2.x) and SLA-R (latest).

Thousands use this mod without issue.

Give us some more details as to your problem and I can try and help.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah I know many people use this mod without issues. That is why I am left scratching my head.

The issue is that after I install the mod each time all future saves don't load - endless loading screen. If I remove SLA afterwards, I can load the saves. So the issue could be with something SLA does on game load in it's scripts?

Pap log shows nothing about SOS or SLA when I have the endless loading screens. Is it possible that the script is getting stuck in a loop (due to an unusual value)? ... like I say, it happens only at game load - the mod works fine for 1 session each time. Then it's always broken when I load the save the next time I load skyrim. My best guess is that some loop that runs on startup is not exiting.

I am not sure, but I have a feeling that this issue may have started when the cloak effect was removed (maybe 6 months ago now?). Versions of the mod that I ran last year worked fine. I really would love to be able to use SLA again :)

Try loading a level 1 game and then load the save you really want.  It is a common problem that Skyrim crashes on large saves.

If that does not work, try loading the original SLA, then load the save.  Then, in a small cell, turn off cloaking, wait a minute, save and exit.  Then, reload Redux and try again.

I've been having very good luck using 'coc unownedcell' from the main menu which saves me trying to find that early save which is way down the list.

I dont know if its a problem with this mod or Sexlab completely, but I cant get aroused or SL to target my PC, (for the puppet thing or SL diary) I have changed my player name, gender and race a few times on the save though...

Normally, if you target nothing with the N key, the PC is targeted.

would it be possible to use for females the sexlab gender to play the masturbation animations? otherwise females with schlongs are using the female animation.

I dont know if its a problem with this mod or Sexlab completely, but I cant get aroused or SL to target my PC, (for the puppet thing or SL diary) I have changed my player name, gender and race a few times on the save though...

I'm gonna go through my mod list and try a new save to figure it out. Do you need puppet master installed or somthing for it to work though?

I'm gonna go through my mod list and try a new save to figure it out. Do you need puppet master installed or somthing for it to work though?

No, puppet master is not required.  I have never ever had it installed.  However, it is possible that it might conflict.

would it be possible to use for females the sexlab gender to play the masturbation animations? otherwise females with schlongs are using the female animation.

We call the generic Sexlab masterbation script that is not gender based.  It picks the gender based on your sex.  I think there are ways to change things to your taste, but I am not sure.

I suggest changing the name of that section of the MCM (the "puppet master" section).  It does seem to confuse some people, thinking that it relates to the PuppetMaster mod (not as much as it once did, but still...).  Maybe just "Individual Settings", or something like that.

Just to note, when I had PM installed, it never seem to conflict with either the old Aroused or this Redux (New & Improved!!) version.

I suggest changing the name of that section of the MCM (the "puppet master" section).  It does seem to confuse some people, thinking that it relates to the PuppetMaster mod (not as much as it once did, but still...).  Maybe just "Individual Settings", or something like that.

Just to note, when I had PM installed, it never seem to conflict with either the old Aroused or this Redux (New & Improved!!) version.

Or maybe Arousal Controls.

Or maybe Arousal Controls.

Good ideas both. 

Dumb question I'm sure but, Is there any way to have the scenes not interrupt what I'm doing? 

Example:

I'm crafting new armor pieces and an NPC decides to have their way. It completely shuts me out of what ever I'm doing until the animations are finished.

I've checked all the settings in Sexlab and aroused and can't seem to find a check box for this.

Dumb question I'm sure but, Is there any way to have the scenes not interrupt what I'm doing? 

Example:

I'm crafting new armor pieces and an NPC decides to have their way. It completely shuts me out of what ever I'm doing until the animations are finished.

I've checked all the settings in Sexlab and aroused and can't seem to find a check box for this.

Neither SexLab nor Aroused actually trigger animations by themselves - except for Aroused triggering masturbation if you hold down the check arousal hotkey. They generally require other mods to plug in and call animations. If NPCs are spontaneously having their way with you it's because another mod is set up for that feature, so I'd look at the MCMs of any SexLab plug-in mods you're using.

I'd just like to say thank you!  My game is silky smooth now, compared to using the old SLAroused.  I swear my load times are better and there is definitely less "hiccuping" when moving around NPC's.  I'm no expert, but this is clearly improving my game stability.  Thanks again.

I'd just like to say thank you!  My game is silky smooth now, compared to using the old SLAroused.  I swear my load times are better and there is definitely less "hiccuping" when moving around NPC's.  I'm no expert, but this is clearly improving my game stability.  Thanks again.

Thanks for the kind words.  Maybe someday I can convince everyone to get rid of those stupid cloaking spells.

Thanks for the kind words.  Maybe someday I can convince everyone to get rid of those stupid cloaking spells.

Im completely clueless on this but -- Why is cloaking spells bad? Redux is using aliases and scripts isntead of cloaking spells right? But scripts can be quite dangerous as well

About scripts, I found a nifty quote from Apollodown (here) that sums the script thing up nicely. Allow me to paraphrase:

"Everybody says scripted mods are bad for your game.  AND WTF THERE'S LIKE 900 SCRIPTS IN HERE!  IS THIS A VIRUS??"

Stop listening to random people on the internet.  They are wrong... Scripts are simply an aspect of how Skyrim is coded.  The vanilla game uses thousands of scripts to do everything from fire spells to being your perks to making quests go.  Hell, even the FIREBOLT spell has 2 scripts attached to it.  The reason why people are superstitious about scripts is because they come with two drawbacks: a: removing or changing a script while it is running can cause awfulness under certain conditions and b: scripts are more powerful, and allow the modder to access lower level functions and work with them on a larger basis than they can from an esp.  If the modder breaks something in the script, it does have the potential to demolish Skyrim.  A: is not a problem if you exercise best modding practices such as using a new game when you install a new mod, or upgrade... b: is not a problem if you trust the modder's skill to be above the level of complexity of what he or she is coding.  Now please, stop listening to random people on the internet.  Bad things could happen to you as a result.

In short, scripts are not dangerous unless you do something like remove a mod mid-game and don't clean your save. Just because a mod has scripts doesn't make it unstable in the slightest. Reward Your Followers has over 200 scripts in it, and only two (three, if you count the MCM script) have any impact on your game. Vanilla Skyrim (including all DLC) has over 10,000 scripts - that's just how the game is made.

Cloaking spells, in themselves, are also not necessarily bad. A lot of vanilla Skyrim stuff uses cloak spells (such as the cloak spells, haha). The trouble with cloak spells is how easy they are to improperly create, in such a way as to make them have unintended impacts on the game. Just as a small example, if you want to, say, detect how close you are to the nearest NPC, a cloak spell might seem like the easiest way to do it... but if you set it up incorrectly, it can be flagged as a hostile spell, meaning that whenever it goes off it counts as an attack on any NPC it touches. There are other potential issues as well.

About scripts, I found a nifty quote from Apollodown (here) that sums the script thing up nicely. Allow me to paraphrase:

"Everybody says scripted mods are bad for your game.  AND WTF THERE'S LIKE 900 SCRIPTS IN HERE!  IS THIS A VIRUS??"

Stop listening to random people on the internet.  They are wrong... Scripts are simply an aspect of how Skyrim is coded.  The vanilla game uses thousands of scripts to do everything from fire spells to being your perks to making quests go.  Hell, even the FIREBOLT spell has 2 scripts attached to it.  The reason why people are superstitious about scripts is because they come with two drawbacks: a: removing or changing a script while it is running can cause awfulness under certain conditions and b: scripts are more powerful, and allow the modder to access lower level functions and work with them on a larger basis than they can from an esp.  If the modder breaks something in the script, it does have the potential to demolish Skyrim.  A: is not a problem if you exercise best modding practices such as using a new game when you install a new mod, or upgrade... b: is not a problem if you trust the modder's skill to be above the level of complexity of what he or she is coding.  Now please, stop listening to random people on the internet.  Bad things could happen to you as a result.

In short, scripts are not dangerous unless you do something like remove a mod mid-game and don't clean your save. Just because a mod has scripts doesn't make it unstable in the slightest. Reward Your Followers has over 200 scripts in it, and only two (three, if you count the MCM script) have any impact on your game. Vanilla Skyrim (including all DLC) has over 10,000 scripts - that's just how the game is made.

Cloaking spells, in themselves, are also not necessarily bad. A lot of vanilla Skyrim stuff uses cloak spells (such as the cloak spells, haha). The trouble with cloak spells is how easy they are to improperly create, in such a way as to make them have unintended impacts on the game. Just as a small example, if you want to, say, detect how close you are to the nearest NPC, a cloak spell might seem like the easiest way to do it... but if you set it up incorrectly, it can be flagged as a hostile spell, meaning that whenever it goes off it counts as an attack on any NPC it touches. There are other potential issues as well.

Agreed, scripts are not bad.  Sex Slaves has like 200.  99% of them fire once to so something and go away.  Cloaking spells too are not inherently evil.  However, they have been used in many mods in such a way as to essentially cripple a players game.  I can think of at least 10 well known mods that use them like this and if you use these mods, your game is ruined.

Im completely clueless on this but -- Why is cloaking spells bad? Redux is using aliases and scripts isntead of cloaking spells right? But scripts can be quite dangerous as well

Another common problem people keep having with cloak spells in Skyrim is with brawl events (there have been several patches created to address this issue, and every now and then I still get a problem)... if a cloak spell fires off during a brawl, it counts as a spell, which your average jock drunken-fistfighter Nord considers cheating. I can't really think of any event that is specifically designed to fail if a certain script is called.

Agreed, scripts are not bad.  Sex Slaves has like 200.  99% of them fire once to so something and go away.  Cloaking spells too are not inherently evil.  However, they have been used in many mods in such a way as to essentially cripple a players game.  I can think of at least 10 well known mods that use them like this and if you use these mods, your game is ruined.

Please tell: Witch mods....?

In short, scripts are not dangerous

many have problems with the helgen start

that's because the horse turn at marker x

and when the carriage arrive at marker y, cpu is busy (script overload), carriage get the order to turn too late, and since it is linked to the horse, carriage go crazy

scripts overload can do that too

quDUIG1.jpg

had to go back to an earlier save some weeks ago because i end up with negative resists

problem is a requiem script that's can break things if it fail

never saw that with perkus or sperg, and my perkus profile was a big mess with logs full of dump stack (some were above 100mo)

have that from time to time too with the alchemy storage of breezhome fully upgradable

X5IvBQM.jpg

no problem with the forge or enchanting storage, don't know why that one break

Oh, I'm not saying that all scripts are harmless (um, actually, I did kind of say just that, but I shouldn't have :) ). Just that people often (wrongly) tend to associate the word "script" with "bad for your game." Like I said, scripts in and of themselves cannot be bad for the game, because vanilla Skyrim has over ten thousand of them, and if they were really that awful, the game probably wouldn't even boot up (insert boilerplate Bethesda-games-are-full-of-bugs-joke here, and note that anecdotes about how this very thing happened to you in a specific instance are unnecessary, I'm speaking in generalities here).

It depends on how the script is written, really, and what other things are also trying to do the same or similar things at the same time. All a script is, is a set of instructions handed to the computer. If the instructions are poorly written, you're gonna have a bad time. Even if the instructions are good, if they are attempting to do something that either cannot be done or shouldn't be done or doing something completely innocuous that something else is overwriting or altering, there can be problems there too.

And overload - how often it is called.

ANY script can have a huge impact on your game if it is called too often... for example, if you apply a cloak effect that fires off a script every single second, it is considered a "heavy load" on your game. Even if it's a very simple script, if it is running ALL THE TIME it can be a bit of a problem.

But in general, even constantly-called scripts aren't necessarily bad, depending on what they actually do.

Consider the following three scripts (pseudocode):

SCRIPT 1:

add item "Sword of Power" to player

This script does something very simple. It has zero impact on your game because all it does is one thing, then it goes away.

If it is called over and over and over again, it will add a bit more load to your game, but hopefully not too much (we're ignoring the fact that it's adding an item each time it's called ;) )

SCRIPT 2:

if player is a Nord, add item "Sword of the North" to player

if player is not a Nord, add item "Sword of the South" to player

This script is very slightly more complex. It does only one thing, but it first asks Skyrim a question - whether or not your character is a Nord.

It also has a negligible impact on your game... about 4x 3x as much as Script 1 above. Calling it repeatedly will, in turn, add 4x 3x as much load to your game as the script above.

SCRIPT 3:

if player is level 1, add item "The Small Sword" to player

if player is level 2, add item "The Small Sword" to player

if player is level 3, add item "The Small Sword" to player

if player is level 4, add item "The Small Sword" to player

if player is level 5, add item "The Small Sword" to player

if player is level 6, add item "The Small Sword" to player

if player is level 7, add item "The Small Sword" to player

if player is level 8, add item "The Small Sword" to player

if player is level 9, add item "The Small Sword" to player

if player is level 10, add item "The Small Sword" to player

if player is level 11, add item "The Small Sword" to player

if player is level 12, add item "The Small Sword" to player

if player is level 13, add item "The Small Sword" to player

if player is level 14, add item "The Small Sword" to player

if player is level 15, add item "The Small Sword" to player

if player is level 16, add item "The Small Sword" to player

if player is level 17, add item "The Small Sword" to player

if player is level 18, add item "The Small Sword" to player

if player is level 19, add item "The Small Sword" to player

if player is level 20, add item "The Small Sword" to player

if player is level 21, add item "The Medium Sword" to player

if player is level 22, add item "The Medium Sword" to player

if player is level 23, add item "The Medium Sword" to player

if player is level 24, add item "The Medium Sword" to player

if player is level 25, add item "The Medium Sword" to player

if player is level 26, add item "The Medium Sword" to player

if player is level 27, add item "The Medium Sword" to player

if player is level 28, add item "The Medium Sword" to player

if player is level 29, add item "The Medium Sword" to player

if player is level 30, add item "The Medium Sword" to player

if player is level 31, add item "The Medium Sword" to player

if player is level 32, add item "The Medium Sword" to player

if player is level 33, add item "The Medium Sword" to player

if player is level 34, add item "The Medium Sword" to player

if player is level 35, add item "The Medium Sword" to player

if player is level 36, add item "The Medium Sword" to player

if player is level 37, add item "The Medium Sword" to player

if player is level 38, add item "The Medium Sword" to player

if player is level 39, add item "The Medium Sword" to player

if player is level 40, add item "The Medium Sword" to player

if player is level 41, add item "The Large Sword" to player

if player is level 42, add item "The Large Sword" to player

if player is level 43, add item "The Large Sword" to player

if player is level 44, add item "The Large Sword" to player

if player is level 45, add item "The Large Sword" to player

if player is level 46, add item "The Large Sword" to player

if player is level 47, add item "The Large Sword" to player

if player is level 48, add item "The Large Sword" to player

if player is level 49, add item "The Large Sword" to player

if player is level 50, add item "The Large Sword" to player

if player is level 51, add item "The Large Sword" to player

if player is level 52, add item "The Large Sword" to player

if player is level 53, add item "The Large Sword" to player

if player is level 54, add item "The Large Sword" to player

if player is level 55, add item "The Large Sword" to player

if player is level 56, add item "The Large Sword" to player

if player is level 57, add item "The Large Sword" to player

if player is level 58, add item "The Large Sword" to player

if player is level 59, add item "The Large Sword" to player

if player is level 60, add item "The Large Sword" to player

if player is level 61, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

if player is level 62, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

if player is level 63, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

if player is level 64, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

if player is level 65, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

if player is level 66, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

if player is level 67, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

if player is level 68, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

if player is level 69, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

if player is level 70, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

if player is level 71, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

if player is level 72, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

if player is level 73, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

if player is level 74, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

if player is level 75, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

if player is level 76, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

if player is level 77, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

if player is level 78, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

if player is level 79, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

if player is level 80, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

This script is a bit of a problem, though. If you're level 1, Skyrim is only asked one question (nitpickers: yes I know it's actually asked them all, I didn't include any elses, this is pseudocode, get off my back).

But suppose you're level 80? The same basic question is asked 79 times before it gets a response. And this is a pretty simple (if badly constructed) script, so it too has very little impact on the game, but you see where I'm going with this? The more complex the script, the more load it adds to your game.

This particular script is 160 81 times as problematic as Script 1 above, so if this one is called frequently, it can seriously cause problems.

Heavy script load ideally won't actually do anything harmful to your game, except maybe slow it down. But that's in a perfect world. In practice, scripts that fire frequently CAN interfere with each other or other necessary parts of the game.

Consider these two:

Script 4:

Every ten seconds, check to see if a player is pregnant.

If the player is pregnant, roll a random number between 1 and 100.

If the number is 30 or above, start lactation spell effect.

By my fake made-up "this script is x amount heavier on your game than this other script" estimate above, this one is ~5x the "load" of Script 1 above.

But it only happens every ten seconds, so it's not a problem.

Script 5:

Every three seconds, check to see if a player is pregnant.

If the player is pregnant, roll a random number between 1 and 2.

If the number is 1, stop lactation effect.

This script is also not much of a problem. Yes, it happens much more often, but it also doesn't do much.

The problem then might happen every thirty seconds, when both scripts fire off simultaneously.

Imagine a scenario where you've got a dozen scripts, all very complex (the most complex scripts out there are WAY bigger than #3 above), and they all happen at once... which one happens first? What if, by the time one finishes, time has advanced another second and all the other scritps haven't fired yet? Do they fire now, do they wait until the next available opportunity, do they pause the game for a bit until everything is finished? What if they have conflicting effects? What if A is supposed to happen before B but after C, and C is never called, did the scriptwriter add in a check to see if that happens and stop B from being called? What if a condition was never added to handle default cases (i.e. if you're level 81 in #3 above)? In #5, it says to stop an effect, but what if the effect isn't on yet, will it break or just ignore the problem? Etcetera etcetera etcetera.

This is all basically OS stuff, but it is important to the game, and scriptwriters should keep it in mind.

The problem with cloak spells is, much of this is also true for cloak spells, with the added problem that cloak spells often are used to attach scripts to NPCs or objects. The original Aroused, for example, constantly fires off cloak spells that attach scripts to NPCs that set arousal levels. So not only is the cloak spell adding load to the game and causing potential brawl-bug issues, but it is adding scripts to NPCs that sometimes don't get cleaned up properly, adding permanent save game bloat.

SCRIPT 3:

if player is level 1, add item "The Small Sword" to player
if player is level 2, add item "The Small Sword" to player
if player is level 3, add item "The Small Sword" to player
if player is level 4, add item "The Small Sword" to player
if player is level 5, add item "The Small Sword" to player
if player is level 6, add item "The Small Sword" to player
if player is level 7, add item "The Small Sword" to player
if player is level 8, add item "The Small Sword" to player
if player is level 9, add item "The Small Sword" to player
if player is level 10, add item "The Small Sword" to player
if player is level 11, add item "The Small Sword" to player
if player is level 12, add item "The Small Sword" to player
if player is level 13, add item "The Small Sword" to player
if player is level 14, add item "The Small Sword" to player
if player is level 15, add item "The Small Sword" to player
if player is level 16, add item "The Small Sword" to player
if player is level 17, add item "The Small Sword" to player
if player is level 18, add item "The Small Sword" to player
if player is level 19, add item "The Small Sword" to player
if player is level 20, add item "The Small Sword" to player
if player is level 21, add item "The Medium Sword" to player
if player is level 22, add item "The Medium Sword" to player
if player is level 23, add item "The Medium Sword" to player
if player is level 24, add item "The Medium Sword" to player
if player is level 25, add item "The Medium Sword" to player
if player is level 26, add item "The Medium Sword" to player
if player is level 27, add item "The Medium Sword" to player
if player is level 28, add item "The Medium Sword" to player
if player is level 29, add item "The Medium Sword" to player
if player is level 30, add item "The Medium Sword" to player
if player is level 31, add item "The Medium Sword" to player
if player is level 32, add item "The Medium Sword" to player
if player is level 33, add item "The Medium Sword" to player
if player is level 34, add item "The Medium Sword" to player
if player is level 35, add item "The Medium Sword" to player
if player is level 36, add item "The Medium Sword" to player
if player is level 37, add item "The Medium Sword" to player
if player is level 38, add item "The Medium Sword" to player
if player is level 39, add item "The Medium Sword" to player
if player is level 40, add item "The Medium Sword" to player
if player is level 41, add item "The Large Sword" to player
if player is level 42, add item "The Large Sword" to player
if player is level 43, add item "The Large Sword" to player
if player is level 44, add item "The Large Sword" to player
if player is level 45, add item "The Large Sword" to player
if player is level 46, add item "The Large Sword" to player
if player is level 47, add item "The Large Sword" to player
if player is level 48, add item "The Large Sword" to player
if player is level 49, add item "The Large Sword" to player
if player is level 50, add item "The Large Sword" to player
if player is level 51, add item "The Large Sword" to player
if player is level 52, add item "The Large Sword" to player
if player is level 53, add item "The Large Sword" to player
if player is level 54, add item "The Large Sword" to player
if player is level 55, add item "The Large Sword" to player
if player is level 56, add item "The Large Sword" to player
if player is level 57, add item "The Large Sword" to player
if player is level 58, add item "The Large Sword" to player
if player is level 59, add item "The Large Sword" to player
if player is level 60, add item "The Large Sword" to player
if player is level 61, add item "The Huge Sword" to player
if player is level 62, add item "The Huge Sword" to player
if player is level 63, add item "The Huge Sword" to player
if player is level 64, add item "The Huge Sword" to player
if player is level 65, add item "The Huge Sword" to player
if player is level 66, add item "The Huge Sword" to player
if player is level 67, add item "The Huge Sword" to player
if player is level 68, add item "The Huge Sword" to player
if player is level 69, add item "The Huge Sword" to player
if player is level 70, add item "The Huge Sword" to player
if player is level 71, add item "The Huge Sword" to player
if player is level 72, add item "The Huge Sword" to player
if player is level 73, add item "The Huge Sword" to player
if player is level 74, add item "The Huge Sword" to player
if player is level 75, add item "The Huge Sword" to player
if player is level 76, add item "The Huge Sword" to player
if player is level 77, add item "The Huge Sword" to player
if player is level 78, add item "The Huge Sword" to player
if player is level 79, add item "The Huge Sword" to player
if player is level 80, add item "The Huge Sword" to player

This script is a bit of a problem, though. If you're level 1, Skyrim is only asked one question (nitpickers: yes I know it's actually asked them all, I didn't include any elses, this is pseudocode, get off my back).
But suppose you're level 80? The same basic question is asked 79 times before it gets a response. And this is a pretty simple (if badly constructed) script, so it too has very little impact on the game, but you see where I'm going with this? The more complex the script, the more load it adds to your game.
This particular script is 160 times as problematic as Script 1 above, so if THIS ONE is called frequently, it can seriously cause problems.

if reqattribute=0 and health > 10 and stamina > 10, fortify a

if reqattribute=0 and health > 30 and stamina > 30, fortify b

if reqattribute=0 and health > 50 and stamina > 50, fortify c

if reqattribute=0 and health > 70 and stamina > 70, fortify d

etc etc

my avtwohandedmod was put to -151 when that requiem spell broke

Thanks for the posts. Just trying to understand more about this. It has shed much more light on me, cheers :)

Another question is -- I know scripts aren't ALL that bad(But it doesn't hurt to be cautious :P), but what are the ones that I should be really looking for and be careful with? I know Onupdate() ones have the potential of being quite nasty, but anything else I should be a bit more careful with?

Thanks for the posts. Just trying to understand more about this. It has shed much more light on me, cheers :)

Another question is -- I know scripts aren't ALL that bad(But it doesn't hurt to be cautious :P), but what are the ones that I should be really looking for and be careful with? I know Onupdate() ones have the potential of being quite nasty, but anything else I should be a bit more careful with?

Just make sure that you don't end up with too many polling effects, or some of them start failing and crash your game.

That said, I have (updated) Wet and Cold, Frostfall, Hunterborn (working reservs script time), Deviously Cursed Loot, Deviously Enslaved, SexLab Aroused Redux + several other mods in my game. My computer is a fluepump, but game runs fine, even during Civil War Overhaul quests - although I tend to close some adult mod features away from MCM, before running against endless enemy hordes.

It's about balance. I can't include Deviously Helpless to my game. Not that there is anything wrong with the mod, but my game fires enough polling effects around at it is. Including DH will make it fail and crash my game. My game ran just fine with DH, before I had moved to use certain other mods.

If you suspect that mod you are installing is too much, then it probably is. Vanilla Civil War is already a good comparison. If you don't think that your game cant handle that, then you are installing too many mods with polling effects to your game.

Don't know if someone already mentioned this (not gonna read 48 pages of forums to find out) but after removing SLA and installing SLA Redux, everything was great for about 2 hours.  Then slowly, I got more and more CTD's even though I hadn't changed anything about my Skyrim.  I read somewhere on one of the earlier forum pages about Schlongs of Skyrim having some issues with redux being installed after it.  So I went into the MCM for SOS and "cleaned schlongified armors" and restarted SOS.  Everything is back to smooth as glass and no CTD's after playing for about 6 hours so far today.  That's the longest I've played without a CTD in forever.  Hope this helps you if you're experiencing the same problem.