Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

Thanks  PervyPotter,

Now I see my error - aroused is not about naturally increasing arousal level, it is all about arousal decay. Pity. I thought it was similar to needs mods. 

As for Lovers Comfort and other mods, I use them, but then I can't see why I need arousal system then. The whole point of using Asoused was to have more "realistic" approach to sex between NPCs. If I've to use totally random sex mods, like Lovers Comfort or Eager NPC's that means they instigate Aroused and what is more important Aroused will not work without player interruption, or some random sex mod. It is strange to use random sex mod to get aroused work to have aroused based mods work to have random sex. 

And by the way, the whole point is not about having orgies - for that purpose you may have matchmaker, mass matchmaker and whole bunch of mods - but to have NPC's have sex based on some reasonable needs, which as it turns out have nothing to do with aroused.

Thanks for clarification. Now I will remove Aroused and dependent mods. Unfortunately they still prove to be useless - for me, at least.

Thanks everybody, Bye.

aroused is more like a framework that other mods uses so that the same level of arousal is used by all the mods.

i hope you find what you look for ^^,

fishburger67

Please I have several questions:

1. Should arousal increase as time passes without any naked scenes? I thought the whole point of arousal system was to create something similar to needs - like hunger, thrust  etc.  Am I wrong?

2. Should arousal increase when PC is not wearing any cloth? I've tried several times, but it seems does not affect NPC's arousal at all.

3. Arousal drops to zero every time I enter location (not totally new). For example I've sold some weapons in Whiterun, traveled Riften, returned after several days and voila - everybody's arousal is 0! Should it be that way? Or may be there are some mod conflicts?

And finally suggestion  - I understand how Skyrim scripting works, but why instead of updating arousal all time (that would make game unplayable), or resetting arousal to 0 not generate some random numbers for NPC's the moment player arrives location? If Aroused worked that way, you had not to spend time waiting arousal cross some threshold, because some NPCs (randomly) would already have sufficient arousal. That would allow dependent mods to work and do something. Why not? Realism? LOL. 

P.S. And by the way, what is more realistic everybody start from different level of arousal, or everybody start from 0, as they had a big orgy just moment before you arrival?

Some mods really depend on that system how it works now. As the post above describes in the correct setup arousal can becom difficult to manage.

Thanks  PervyPotter,

As for Lovers Comfort and other mods, I use them, but then I can't see why I need arousal system at all.

Where do you think that mod and quite a few others get the arousal state info from?

You'd be surprised how many mods rely on this one for arousal states of both player and npcs, as barak43 says, think of this mod a a framework working in a similar way to the main SexLabFramework by allowing other mods to have the functions that they need in order to work.

The main point with this mod is to have a system that isn't all about just casting a spell like massmatchmaker or the rape spell, although once you activate the rape spell it it can be quite amusing as it's not just you that can cast it, the npcs can cast it on you as well as on each other........ :dodgy:

Arousal does not drop to zero when entering a new location.  Every NPC starts at 0 and so when you enter a new location it is at zero.

I have a question about that. What does SLAR actually consider as a location? Is it the main location like Whiterun, or sublocation like Dragonsreach?

I am asking, because of following observation. My character took sword from Adrianne to her father in Dragonsreach. All was calm, when I entered. Then she picked up Frostsalts from Faengar and took them to Arcadia. I ran her back to Dragonsreach after that, because I had forgot to raid their kitchen (new game, trade mods, needs mod - the usual reasons to get in to trouble.)

Hrongar got immediately busy with a character from Hydragorgon's Slave Girls, when I entered. Faengar picked a servant girl soon after that. This made me to wonder, if SLAR counts Dragonsreach and Whiterun general to one location, or just did not clear arousal during my visits.

Definitely not a problem. Just a question. smile.png 

PervyPotter

Thanks for reminding me Lover's comfort is aroused dependent too. Deleted it too.

Glad I've removed those inactive pieces of shit from my game.

I am thinking that you may have either a load order or resource priority conflict in your game. SLAR and Further Lover's Comfort work well in my game, so it is quite possible that something is just being messed up in your end and not in any way related to these mods themselves.

PervyPotter

Thanks for reminding me Lover's comfort is aroused dependent too. Deleted it too.

Glad I've removed those inactive pieces of shit from my game.

I am thinking that you may have either a load order or resource priority conflict in your game. SLAR and Further Lover's Comfort work well in my game, so it is quite possible that something is just being messed up in your end and not in any way related to these mods themselves.

yes, the problem visibly comes from Makumba666... from his game, and him. pieces of shit, really ??? smh

Arousal does not drop to zero when entering a new location.  Every NPC starts at 0 and so when you enter a new location it is at zero.

I have a question about that. What does SLAR actually consider as a location? Is it the main location like Whiterun, or sublocation like Dragonsreach?

I am asking, because of following observation. My character took sword from Adrianne to her father in Dragonsreach. All was calm, when I entered. Then she picked up Frostsalts from Faengar and took them to Arcadia. I ran her back to Dragonsreach after that, because I had forgot to raid their kitchen (new game, trade mods, needs mod - the usual reasons to get in to trouble.)

Hrongar got immediately busy with a character from Hydragorgon's Slave Girls, when I entered. Faengar picked a servant girl soon after that. This made me to wonder, if SLAR counts Dragonsreach and Whiterun general to one location, or just did not clear arousal during my visits.

Definitely not a problem. Just a question. smile.png

The "location" is a 1024 unit radius around the PC. If you are in Whiterun proper, that would not include any of the interior cells.

What is this

"slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line 137
[sla_Internal (11083137)].slainternalscr.UpdateActorTimeRate() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line 174
[sla_Internal (11083137)].slainternalscr.UpdateActorOrgasmDate() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line 383
[sla_Main (11042D62)].slamainscr.OnAnimationEnd() - "slaMainScr.psc" Line 669
[12/28/2015 - 03:32:56AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Andurs]  - Resetting!
[12/28/2015 - 03:32:56AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Hanna]  - Resetting!
[12/28/2015 - 03:32:56AM] ERROR: Cannot call DefaultExposureRate() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[sla_Internal (11083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorExposureRate() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line 196
[sla_Internal (11083137)].slainternalscr.UpdateActorExposure() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line 309
[sla_Main (11042D62)].slamainscr.OnAnimationEnd() - "slaMainScr.psc" Line 670
[12/28/2015 - 03:32:56AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp32"
stack:
[sla_Internal (11083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorExposureRate() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line 196
[sla_Internal (11083137)].slainternalscr.UpdateActorExposure() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line 309
[12/28/2015 - 03:32:56AM] ERROR: Cannot call TimeRateHalfLife() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[sla_Internal (11083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorTimeRate() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line 137
[sla_Internal (11083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorArousal() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line 455
[sla_Internal (11083137)].slainternalscr.UpdateActorExposure() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line 334
[12/28/2015 - 03:32:56AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp17"
stack:
[sla_Internal

I have the last version and start new game.

What is this

"slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line 137

[sla_Internal (11083137)].slainternalscr.UpdateActorTimeRate() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line 174

[sla_Internal (11083137)].slainternalscr.UpdateActorOrgasmDate() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line 383

[sla_Main (11042D62)].slamainscr.OnAnimationEnd() - "slaMainScr.psc" Line 669

[12/28/2015 - 03:32:56AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Andurs]  - Resetting!

[12/28/2015 - 03:32:56AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Hanna]  - Resetting!

[12/28/2015 - 03:32:56AM] ERROR: Cannot call DefaultExposureRate() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

[12/28/2015 - 03:32:56AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp32"

stack:

[12/28/2015 - 03:32:56AM] ERROR: Cannot call TimeRateHalfLife() on a None object, aborting function call

stack:

[sla_Internal (11083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorTimeRate() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line 137

[sla_Internal (11083137)].slainternalscr.GetActorArousal() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line 455

[sla_Internal (11083137)].slainternalscr.UpdateActorExposure() - "slaFrameworkScr.psc" Line 334

[12/28/2015 - 03:32:56AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp17"

stack:

[sla_Internal

I have the last version and start new game.

You have a bad installation.  Most likely, you installed the bsa version over top of an old loose version.   The easiest way to fix this is to uninstall the version you have and then download and install the loose version.

If you insist on the bsa version.  Uninstall the version you have, then visit data\scripts and data\scripts\source and delete sla*.pex and sla*.psc

Then, install the bsa version.

Note that there is another mod that has files that start with sla, but I don't recall which, so be careful what you delete.  There is a complete list of the individual files on the home page.

If you install the loose version, make sure there is no SLAroused.bsa in the Data directory.

Is there any way you could add the ability to the MCM to set at what arousal npc's play the aroused animation? I would much prefer it if it was like 80-90 rather than 50.

Also for the one guy saying that this mod is useless, you are just wrong lol.

This mod works fine and does exactly what it says it does. Several mods work of this system and also work fine. There is nothing useless about this mod.

I added the EroticArmor keyword to all SOS Revealing Armors. I also made all revealing armor .esp's dependent on SLA. 

I expected to see some difference in the MCM when someone is wearing a revealing armor. But there's nothing. Does this keyword tag really work? Or am I doing something wrong?

Just a new year reminder ... :)

1. There is still the problem that the Greybeards are considered by Aroused as naked, due to the bad programming of bethesda's idiots. They make my arousal exposition to raise like a rocket every time I go in High Hrotgar.

2. We still need the loose file slamainscript.pex (I think) that becomes from:  http://www.loverslab.com/topic/54617-animation-appropriate-arousal-adjustments/ to have the right arousement lowering effect for some lesbian action. Why not include it directly in this mod, even into the bsa version?

Do I need to install the old mod first and then follow the install instruction or is it fine to install this directly?

It's a complete replacement, so you don't need the old one.  However, if upgrading from a saved game that uses the old one, follow these instructions from the original post:

1. Start up a save and turn off the cloak spell in MCM, wait a full minute, then save your game.

2. Exit Skyrim and uninstall the old Aroused.

3. Install the new Aroused and run LOOT or similar

4. Reload your save and wait a few minutes after the message "SexLab Aroused upgraded to version xxx" and off you go.

Since the beginnings of the original mod I have a problem understanding the mechanisms. 

The arousal gets up all right, but it never gets down again. I'd expect the PC's and the NPC's arousal to go down considerably after they had sex. But that's just not happening. It always stays at 100 or 99. That's it. And I have all settings on their default value. 

Is there something I' missing here? I don't want to run around with a boner all the time :)

@Grestorn

I'm not terribly sure about the real mechanics but I can describe two observations from my own gameplay:

Let's imagine to use a mod like https://www.loverslab.com/topic/50094-radiant-prostitution-322-29-oct-2015/ to have vaginal intercourse, so we should have an orgasm for both.

1. If I fast forward through the different stages of the animations the arousal usually doesn't drop very much even though the orgasm stage was reached.. astonishingly for both actors
  2. If I wait for the whole animation durations to complete, the arousal is set back .. even from 100 to 0 .. again for both actors

So if your arousal never drops, I would first have a look if the installation is in the way as it should be.. or maybe you have remains of previous versions? If so, they possibly mess up with your current version?

@Grestorn

I'm not terribly sure about the real mechanics but I can describe two observations from my own gameplay:

Let's imagine to use a mod like https://www.loverslab.com/topic/50094-radiant-prostitution-322-29-oct-2015/ to have vaginal intercourse, so we should have an orgasm for both.

1. If I fast forward through the different stages of the animations the arousal usually doesn't drop very much even though the orgasm stage was reached.. astonishingly for both actors
  2. If I wait for the whole animation durations to complete, the arousal is set back .. even from 100 to 0 .. again for both actors

So if your arousal never drops, I would first have a look if the installation is in the way as it should be.. or maybe you have remains of previous versions? If so, they possibly mess up with your current version?

A couple of other things to look for, although an installation problem is more likely:

1) At least one mod (QAYL) puts on an effect that keeps your arousal at 100%.  Check the magical effects affecting your character.

2) There's an MCM option in SLAR called, I think, "Arousal Lock".  Make sure you haven't accidentally turned that on, or your arousal will be locked at whatever it was when it was turned on.

Hello, the mod is workng partially for me ,whenever I got a high arousal level and try to engage sex it does not work, the npc gets naked with a blue light.but nothing happen.I even can move the player like if no animation is scripted, I already run fnis with sexlab , romance , defeat, and creatures are working.

Does this mod needs to load before the mentioned scripts?

Edit: After a reinstall of some mods on a test mod organizer and some research I realized that the text for sex it wasn't for that it was just the "Hey stud" belong to SOS wich apparently it was only meant to take the npc clothes off, so sorry for the inconvinience.

I will have to search for some good mods to convine with Aroused redux then.Thanks.

Arousal decays as time passes, that's why you noticed the drop when you returned, it's not a mod conflict and it's not this mod resetting it to 0, this mod isn't resetting anything.

Your own arousal would drop too if you stayed in an interior cell for a few days on your own.

Try having some followers with you on your travels, you'll soon find their arousal rising, eventually the more sex you have with them their arousal increase (and yours too) will be happening at such a fast pace that  you'll have trouble keeping it low, especially if you're running other mods that tie in to this mod, Further Lovers Comfort for example, or Eager NPCS which will allow you to turn just about anyone into a lover.

Run those mods like I do and you can find that your followers end up masturbating or having group sex with each other if you can' satisfy them, and you'll be adversely affected if your own arousal rate gets too high.

God Damn.. Thanks so much for this post bloke.. This has been causing a lot of grief in my game, NOT understanding how arousal is actually Raised and Lowered..*shakes head*

I also use Eager NPC's and have a tendency to outfit my PC & Followers in a mash up of armour that leaves the best bits exposed, and as such, I usually can NOT reduce arousal for very long at all, that does eventually break my game  :(..

Honestly, a simple foot note on the mod page explaining this Simple Priority, (something like: AROUSAL is Basically Governed by BEING NAKED!)  would likely benefit the next 10,000 noobs like MYSELF immensely..

Anywayz, End Rant..

and again Thank You!!! ;)

Fish,

See the post right above this one?

I'm afraid he's right, after all this time the OP here really should be updated to include the information about the mod about what it does and how it works that exists on the original mod. Especially since the OP for that mod now recommends everyone come here to use this version.

BTW, thank you for the great work you've done on this mod.

With Monstaah here..thanks to PervyPotter for that explanation.

Although lately i'm having issue with my PC arousal is kept on rising and pretty fast too (SLAR V.21, all settings is default). So i did a small test last night. After PC masturbated, stayed at interior cell (Rayeks end) with fully clothed (mage robe) just wandering around eating, sleeping, smithing, enchanting yada yada yada and less than 24 hour my PC was already in 87 threshold. Is it normal? Will be back to post my papylog.