A-ha! Just had another idea... if the vanilla blacksmith apron (but only the actual apron, not the whole dress), is what you're after... then why not do just that? It should be possible to create a copy of the whole thing and then blank out the red dress in the texture's alpha channel. Then delete the body part from the nif, change the slot (maybe cloak?) and set it up as a new armor. Should work, I suppose? Let me know if you're interested and I'll give it a try.

Yeah, that's what happens every time I try.

Weird. The only possible explanation I can come up with is confused triggers due to script lag. If you're interested in the details, check this post where I explain (in the spoiler) why I built a new race track for version 0.6.

You should be able to "cheat" your win by typing "setstage tir_pr_race01 100" while your're waiting for the other ponies.

Just tested it out and it worked perfectly, thanks for the help

A-ha! Just had another idea... if the vanilla blacksmith apron (but only the actual apron, not the whole dress), is what you're after... then why not do just that? It should be possible to create a copy of the whole thing and then blank out the red dress in the texture's alpha channel. Then delete the body part from the nif, change the slot (maybe cloak?) and set it up as a new armor. Should work, I suppose? Let me know if you're interested and I'll give it a try.

Yep, I had that thought myself, but couldn't get it right. If you're willing to give it a try, please, by all means.

I also tried to just delete all the vertices that don't belong to the actual black leather apron. But unfortunately, the faces don't match the borders of the apron. So one would have to do some more editing to get it right. And of course, that proved too complicated either.

I am having an issue with the rubber parade quests. Everything goes fine until the mistress teleports us to Solitude, the game freezes. I can hear audio but im stuck at the loading screen and cant bring up the console. Any ideas?

I am having an issue with the rubber parade quests. Everything goes fine until the mistress teleports us to Solitude, the game freezes. I can hear audio but im stuck at the loading screen and cant bring up the console. Any ideas?

Hmm... difficult. You could try pre-loading the Solitude cells into the game's cache before you start the quest. Type 'coc SolitudeOrigin' to teleport there, then 'coc tir_Tower' to go back to the Tower and immediately start the quest. Sometimes, that fixes this problem. Otherwise, google for "infinite loading screen skyrim". There's, like, a million and two reports about that. And some possible solutions, ranging from the sensible to the esoteric. Which one might work for you - I don't know.

As I mentioned here: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/37602-trapped-in-rubber-updated-2015-08-02/page-87?do=findComment&comment=1600672

I was doing a speedrun of this mod.

The speedrun is now finished and is available:

Commentary version: youtu.be/si9IBno3Wx0

Non-commentary version: youtu.be/YSlrbj7c6us

I start at Helgen!, so I´m not "cheating" and starting with a high level character and all places discovered beforehand. (high level is bad for speedrunning anyway)

Time approximately: 2hours 17minutes

It is possible to shave off a few more minutes. I think getting 2:10 is possible. If you guys know any significant glitches not used/I´m aware of, post it on YT.

-Kaffekoker

• 2 weeks later...

In order to not spam into Veladarius' thread, let me move this over here.

Duh. Rubber fits to every occasion. Everybody knows that.

I'm obviously completely objective and neutral here and stating only well-proven, established, peer-reviewed, scientific facts: Every mod is better with girls in rubber, latex and (gas)masks.

:P

Oh, I love your mod!
An update would be nice. :D

Unfortunately, that is still far away. So enjoy the rubber ladies in the Captured Dreams shop! ;)

TIR is one of the best mods I ever played for Skyrim and is the only one I never had problems with. Are we any
closer to an update? :D

Yes, we are closer. But we are not close. I added a new quest between the assassin quest and the second pony race (Inspiration struck and I just couldn't help myself). Now I'm at the second pony race, fiddling with the black soulgem detection. Because that had some problems in the old version, so I'm trying to come up with a new method.

Bottom line: I'm still working on it, I haven't given up, and things are progressing steadily. But it's still a long way to go.

Sorry,but I have a problem

In the quest my little pony,the mistress repeatly restore the gear when I talk to her

It seems that I have been stuck there

Is this a bug?

In the quest my little pony,the mistress repeatly restore the gear when I talk to her

Is this a bug?

Is this a bug?

That dialogue appears only when you are missing a device. It checks for the DD keywords for armbinder, gag, boots, harness, anal and vaginal plug, arm- and leg cuffs. If either one is missing, the dialogue is triggered. It's all standard DD, nothing special from my end.

So make sure that:

• You have DD installed properly.
  • You are not wearing anything that may block equipping these in the first place before you even start the quest.
  • You do not have any mods installed that overwrite default DD keywords or behaviour.

I think the problem may be the boots

It looks like that the boots doesn't show on the screen,and my character wears nothing on her feet

I don't know why this happened.

Well, the ponyboots used in the race are copies of the original ones, meant to disable sprinting. But I don't see any problems in the way they're set up. It's basically the original boots with a different enchantment and some more keywords on the rendered device. I just tested them again with the old mod, in case a DDi update had broken them, but they still work as intended on my system.

As a workaround, you could try and remove all DD gear, then manually equip everything (including vanilla pony boots). That should fool the check.

Yeah!Thank you!

i updated the DDx,and the quest can go on correctly.

But it seems that when i put on the pony boots,my character's feet disappeared.

I don't know what's wrong with this?

That's usually a sign that a mesh is missing. The pony boots use the default DDx meshes for the ebonite pony boots (Data\meshes\devious\expansion\XinEbPonyBoot_1.nif). Make sure those are there.

Is there a GitHub page for Trapped in Rubber?

So that users can submit reports, suggestions, fixes and generally view progress.

Nope. I thought about it but ultimately decided against it. Reasons:

• I'm working on this alone, so there's no real need for a central repository.
  • When I have assets with unclear license, I have to ask for permission. And with some modders, it can be weeks or even months before they get back to me. If the assets aren't critical, I just use them in private and keep working. If I get permission before release, everything's fine. If not, I can still look for a replacement then. Overall, it saves time. But I'm not comfortable uploading assets with unclear license to the internet (where GitHub & Co. are rumored to be located).
  • There are things in the mod that I would like to keep secret for now. Stuff I want to surprise you with.
  • The bugtracker is nice, but alone not enough to outweigh the other points. And so far, the forum has been sufficient for me to keep track of everything.

Is there a GitHub page for Trapped in Rubber?

So that users can submit reports, suggestions, fixes and generally view progress.

Nope. I thought about it but ultimately decided against it. Reasons:

• I'm working on this alone, so there's no real need for a central repository.
  • When I have assets with unclear license, I have to ask for permission. And with some modders, it can be weeks or even months before they get back to me. If the assets aren't critical, I just use them in private and keep working. If I get permission before release, everything's fine. If not, I can still look for a replacement then. Overall, it saves time. But I'm not comfortable uploading assets with unclear license to the internet (where GitHub & Co. are rumored to be located).
  • There are things in the mod that I would like to keep secret for now. Stuff I want to surprise you with.
  • The bugtracker is nice, but alone not enough to outweigh the other points. And so far, the forum has been sufficient for me to keep track of everything.

There's a lot of small fixes that would be so much easier for me to submit through GitHub's Pull Request feature than to upload an ESP and a dozen modified NIF files on this forum.

Point being it would be counterproductive for me to offer a version 0.53 ESP with small changes if you already have an esp of your own you've been working on.

There's a lot of small fixes that would be so much easier for me to submit through GitHub's Pull Request feature than to upload an ESP and a dozen modified NIF files on this forum.

Any time I may save that way would then most likely be consumed twice over by giving support to anyone who doesn't know how to correctly apply those individual changes to the installed mod on their PC. The one big archive isn't actually that bad. Sure, upload takes a while, but I don't have to sit there and watch the progress bar move. I can do something else in the meantime. And users can just install it via their mod manager and be done. The more complicated something is, the more likely it is people will mess it up somehow. Then they ask for help in the forum, because I may have documented everything (which would also take time) but who actually reads the README?

Same with bug reports. With single package distribution, either the user has the newest version or he doesn't. With differential updates, I have to account for the fact that some noob may have skipped an intermediary update, or chose not to overwrite when he should have, or has some wild mix of versions that were never intended to work together (e.g. "Well, version 42 is the newest but version 41 had that nice glitch I liked to exploit, so I'm just going to install the diff update to 41 over 42 and get the most recent update plus the old glitch." - and yes, that is how some users actually think).

I can't seem to be able to install it correctly. Mod Manager keeps freaking out saying there is no game data on the surface, and i cant get the mod to start. Lady isn't there. Am I doing something wrong? 

That's a common issue with MO, I think. When installing the mod, simply follow the "set data folder" instructions in MO. It will display the contents of the zip file of the mod in a pop up window, in which you then select the Data folder. MO will display a message "looks good" if it contains an .esp or .esm and the mod will install correctly now and you can activate and play it.

I can't seem to be able to install it correctly. Mod Manager keeps freaking out saying there is no game data on the surface, and i cant get the mod to start. Lady isn't there. Am I doing something wrong? 

That's a common issue with MO, I think. When installing the mod, simply follow the "set data folder" instructions in MO. It will display the contents of the zip file of the mod in a pop up window, in which you then select the Data folder. MO will display a message "looks good" if it contains an .esp or .esm and the mod will install correctly now and you can activate and play it.

Thanks, this seems to have worked. The lady now shows up, but it seems the meshes for the suite are missing and the proper dialogue is not playing. I will mess around with some things to see if it works.

its been almost 2 years damn time surely does fly sheesh

well anyway how is it going greyspammer

The second pony race is still in the works. It's a bit more complex because of the many possible outcomes (cheating exposed/not exposed, player won/lost). The first race just had one result: You lose, because Velnar is cheating.

There's also the balancing of the race. Once the cheating is exposed, you still have to run a regular race against 3 other ponies. If I make that race perfectly fair, then only 25% of all players will ever win the second race (because all things being equal, it comes down to the vibrator events which strike randomly). But that's kind of low odds and might not be fun. So I need to give the player an advantage.

If the advantage is too small, it won't make much of a difference. If I make the advantage too big, you'll quickly leave the other ponies behind and win by a landslide, which kills the suspense. So the advantage must be tweaked in a way that the race is winnable by everyone, but still challenging.

Meaning I've been sitting here the last week or two (in my free time only, of course), running the race for what feels like a million times, always going back and tweaking the settings, then running again to see the impact. It gets a bit boring after a while, so I took the weekend off from modding.