Hi Grey

I read your last post and I was thinking, why not make the second pony race have only one outcome to ? 

For example: Velnar win's whit Carla what ever happens and if the player decides to expose Velnar than the judge at the end of the race could disqualify Carla from the race for cheating, and because of Velnar's cheating the other Mistresses and Masters would decide to repeat the race at an other date ( of course whit out inviting Velnar to he race).

This could then start the repeatable pony race quests, and give one more motive for Velnar to help Enaron to take down the Mistress.

And maybe this could make your job easier ? 

[...]

And maybe this could make your job easier ?

I don't see how. First, I'd have to completely rewrite the idea the idea of how to expose Velnar's cheating. The current situation is: You can't say anything during the race, because you're gagged. You can't do anything (except run), because you're bound. And even if you could say something, it would be the word of a slave against the word of a master. The beauty of sabotaging his teleport crystal between the races is that it provides irrefutable proof.

And if I pick up you idea of repeatable pony races without Velnar - well, that would just shift the workload. Then I'd have to balance those races properly and have different reactions for different outcomes.

How about adding training sidequests. You can talk with other rubber slaves and they will help prepare you for the run - by testing the vibrator, making the player more resistant to it. Enough small content to prepare for the second race, so that the chance of failure wold be greatly reduced, but still feel rewarding.

How about adding training sidequests. You can talk with other rubber slaves and they will help prepare you for the run - by testing the vibrator, making the player more resistant to it. Enough small content to prepare for the second race, so that the chance of failure wold be greatly reduced, but still feel rewarding.

It's a good idea for some future version. Right now, the last thing I need is another gameplay vector to balance out. :s

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with Rubber Epilog (Mistress). The letter never came. I've played this mod on two different computers and this bug happened both times. Is there a work around?

Thank you.

Go back one page, last post on the bottom. Follow the link.

I have a slight problem: when I get to the Vale the mistress isn't there. When I remove the armbinder and open my map it shows she is at the tower. Upon further investigation I found her in the party room at the tower (had to use the console to open the door.)

Edit: I forgot to mention I did see the missing npc post on the first page and moved the mistress to the vale to continue the quest after finding out where she was. Just thought I would mention this as a bug report.

I have a problem with Rubber Epilog (Mistress). The letter never came. I've played this mod on two different computers and this bug happened both times. Is there a work around?

Thank you.

Go back one page, last post on the bottom. Follow the link.

Thank you, mate. I'll try that.

Hello, I have a slight problem. When I visit the tower first time and I talk to the servant, she says she's going to get the Mistress, but she actually doesn't do so. The servant just stays inside the lobby and cleans and never actually goes to the door. Any fix?

You could check if the fetch quest is really running. I think the name is "tir_twr_fetchmistress". I'm not on my TIR development system right now, so I can't look it up.

'sqv <questname>' will tell you if the quest is running or aliases are missing. You can try to forcefully restart it with 'resetquest <questname>' and 'startquest <questname>'.

If that doesn't work, you may also try to check the troubleshooting section on the first page about missing NPCs.

Word of warning: It's possible that what you're experiencing is the result of a conflict or broken installation. If that's the case, you'll likely run into more problems further down the road.

Ok, people, good news. After slvsaris put me in contact with PinkSky (thanks again) for permission regarding his Mujin outfit, PinkSky offered to create a new version of the English riding outfit, just for us.

attachicon.giftirriding01.jpg attachicon.giftirriding02.jpg attachicon.giftirriding03.jpg attachicon.giftirriding04.jpg attachicon.giftirriding05.jpg

As you can see, he is very talented and managed to really capture the style of the outfit. When I sent him descriptions, I told him I really liked the cravat with a little brooch in one of the pictures from the internet. And he really delivered on that. It's a really nice, elegant detail, befitting the Mistress when she goes to the pony races. I like this outfit very much.

You can find the non-rubber version, along with some much better looking screenshots, here, in his blog: http://reachthepinksky.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-125.html

The rubberized version will, of course, be included in the next update of TIR (which is still months away, in case you were wondering).

Let's all take a moment to thank PinkSky, who made this beautiful outfit especially for us!

Glad to be of assistance!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I have just killed enaron and finished the Rubber finale quest, but I do not get the letter to start the Epilog.

I tried to use the solution you gave a few pages ago, but when ever i use the console, it just says: compiled script not saved! above what I just wrote and Expected end of line under it.

I am assuming, that I am doing something wrong, as I have never really used console commands before.

So, I have just killed enaron and finished the Rubber finale quest, but I do not get the letter to start the Epilog.

I tried to use the solution you gave a few pages ago, but when ever i use the console, it just says: compiled script not saved! above what I just wrote and Expected end of line under it.

I am assuming, that I am doing something wrong, as I have never really used console commands before.

That compiled script message usually means that the command wasn't executed because of an error. But the actual error should be printed above that. For example, if you made a typo when starting a quest ('startquest tur_twr_epilog01') then it'll say something like "Item tur_twr_epilog01 does not exist for parameter quest", followed by "Compiled script not saved".

The "real" error is the "expected end of line", which means that you didn't type in the command properly. You added something that wasn't supposed to be there. For example:

startquest tir_twr_epilog01

should work. But:

startquest tir_twr_epilog01 joe

will not work because 'startquest' only expects one parameter. The quest name. If you give it an additional parameter ("joe", in this case), it doesn't know what to do with that.

Make sure you type commands exactly as given. Replace only those character that you are explicitly told to replace with something. And do not type  any spaces where they shouldn't be.

That compiled script message usually means that the command wasn't executed because of an error. But the actual error should be printed above that. For example, if you made a typo when starting a quest ('startquest tur_twr_epilog01') then it'll say something like "Item tur_twr_epilog01 does not exist for parameter quest", followed by "Compiled script not saved".

The "real" error is the "expected end of line", which means that you didn't type in the command properly. You added something that wasn't supposed to be there. For example:

startquest tir_twr_epilog01

should work. But:

startquest tir_twr_epilog01 joe

will not work because 'startquest' only expects one parameter. The quest name. If you give it an additional parameter ("joe", in this case), it doesn't know what to do with that.

Make sure you type commands exactly as given. Replace only those character that you are explicitly told to replace with something. And do not type  any spaces where they shouldn't be.

I got it to work. Thanks for the help.

The mod has been amazing!

how have you been doing greyspammer?

Slow and steady. I finally got the pony race balanced with a nice algorithm. Basically, I'm using the plug events to keep the field of racers together. Whoever is in the lead gets hit the most with plug events. Whoever is last in the race gets hit the least. This prevents the field from spreading out too much and keeps the race interesting the whole time. Along with a small speed advantage, it's still winnable. Tried it 10 times and never lost, though some races were really close calls.

Since then, I implemented 3 more quests and am now working on the interrogation quest with Raynila.

Have you implented the earlier things you mentioned yet? Such as futa and rubber sounds support?

Those are going to be my favorite things you add :)

Yep, they're in. Unless I later discover some sort of problem that requires me to remove it again, they will be included in the next release.

how have you been doing greyspammer?

Slow and steady. I finally got the pony race balanced with a nice algorithm. Basically, I'm using the plug events to keep the field of racers together. Whoever is in the lead gets hit the most with plug events. Whoever is last in the race gets hit the least. This prevents the field from spreading out too much and keeps the race interesting the whole time. Along with a small speed advantage, it's still winnable. Tried it 10 times and never lost, though some races were really close calls.

Since then, I implemented 3 more quests and am now working on the interrogation quest with Raynila.

Interesting solution. Now that I think of it, some race games seems to have a similar solution implemented. I always had a feeling that when I messed up in a race the other cars at the front slowed down.

How many more quests are yet to be implemented ? Seems like you made large progress since your last update.

(...) I finally got the pony race balanced with a nice algorithm. Basically, I'm using the plug events to keep the field of racers together. Whoever is in the lead gets hit the most with plug events. Whoever is last in the race gets hit the least. (...)

Interesting solution. Now that I think of it, some race games seems to have a similar solution implemented. I always had a feeling that when I messed up in a race the other cars at the front slowed down.

(...)

I've read about about this AI-player mechanism being referred to as "rubber banding" in car racing games, a term which appears even more appropriate for this very mod then. :cool:

How many more quests are yet to be implemented ? Seems like you made large progress since your last update.

Depending on how you count them, 5-8 from the original mod. I don't yet know how many the new story line will take up.

But keep in mind that the number of implemented quests from the old version is not a "mod completion counter".

• Some quests are more complex than others, which means it'll take longer to implement them. Hence, the quest counter does not scale linearly with my progress.
  • As I said, there will be additional quests that weren't in the currently released version. Particularly quests relating to the surprise I won't talk about.
  • Once everything is implemented, there will be the dreaded testing phase. Where you play through the whole mod again and again to fix at least the most obvious bugs. This is where most developers have problems with their customers. It seems like everything is done and the developer is just dragging his heels because he may have only fixed 2 bugs in 4 weeks. The customer doesn't know that this one little bug required the developer to tear the whole program apart to fix it.