I hate to ask this, but I have downloaded this file more than once, and tried many things, and i do not find the Pony boots. I am using the UNPB side of the installation.

I am sure i am doing something stupid, but I do not know what..

I down loaded the 1.1.3a, I can see the .nif files in the Download in the meshes folder I opened them up in nifskope and looked at them.

I am running DDi 2.8.2

I am running DDa 2.8.2

I have finished the Zed quest, so I have all the Expansion recipies.

Yet I have not found the pony boots at the forge, and I caught myself scrolling through the items in Misc one at a time looking for pony boots.

Are they in another menu, like maybe leather, or steel, of ebony.

I have the slave boot's, the regular bolt on, and the lockable, but no pony boots

that dates load order is NMM, acual profile I am using in MO But is pretty much the same with CD  and its update mods turned off on this profile that I am testing on. I upload it to is Plugin.txt file from MO

here is load order, is very lean order

I hate to ask this, but I have downloaded this file more than once, and tried many things, and i..

They should show up under misc at any forge once you have the Devious Smithing perk. I just had a look a the recipe to be sure, and that's all good, so it should be working..

Is there a difference for the mod between CBBE 3.2 and CBBE 3.3 (the current version)

No clue. I don't use either.

I uninstalled, and re installed a couple of times, and even I know will not work on ESM, but made and SEQ for DDx, and for some reason they are there now... Go Figure, I think is a mix up between MO, and NMM, I install most things with NMM if know am going to keep them. I think maybe sometimes MO does not catch difference.

That does not make sense to me, because .ESM, >ESP is not even in MO, so I am Only GUessing.

But they work now, thx you for these, very nice addition.. I am SoRrY for being a pain, and troubling you.

Hi, great mod, appreciate your work. I have been having some problems with all kinds of slave boots and armbinders. My issue is that whenever I equip slave boots , the boots don't render and my feet disappear even though I can see them in my inventory. I understand the officially supported bodies are UNPB and CBBE . I am using CT77 body that comes with CT7's armor pack along with XPMSE 2.06. I even have SKIUI show armor slot addon and that too fails to show armor slots for all devious devices. Whereas for the earlier versions of DDx it use to show armor slots and slave boots and armbinders worked fine.

I tried the following:

1. first I thought hdt high heels  might not be installed properly, so I checked that and made sure it is working as intended as other hdt high heels shoes render properly and work as intended.

2. I re-installed DDa DDi DDx (latest version) and tested it again.

3. I changed my body from CT77 to CBBE bodyslide and also tried the hdt body. Now I understand the supported bodies are CBBE and UNPB, but from my understanding if other bodies worked fine so they should continue to work unless the slot numbers have changed for slave boots and armbinders or there might another thing that I am not aware about. And I am also not using bodyslide assets for dd, just using defaut assets.

4. Apart from DDx and its requirements I am running submit dd-progression 1.70. So I thought maybe that is causing some problem, so I looked through the papyrus log and there are no reported error related to dd or submit. In fact when submit calls for slave boots to be equipped, the log shows them getting equipped without reporting any errors which leads me to believe that it is some sort of rendering problem that I just can't seem to figure out.  And I am using MO if that helps.

It is the same issue with all kinds of armbinders. There might be something I might be doing wrong or might have missed. Any help is much appreciated . Thanks in advance.

That's definately not a problem i can reproduce.

I suppose you should start by checking that the meshes actually got installed right. Go to meshes/devious/devices and check that the 3 "armbinder01" meshes are there. Then meshes/devious/expansion and check that the 3 "ArmbEbonite" and the 2 "ZariaBoot7" files are there.

You should also check that all your dependancies are up to date, SKSE, FNIS, Zap, SL, DDa and DDi and so forth.

But mostly, it sounds like a mod conflict to me, which is sadly difficult to diagnose. Armbinders and the boots use the hand and feet slots, so you should check for any mods that effect those slots in some way, and obviously, you should check that you're not using any outdated/broken mesh-overrides (Bodyslide versions for instance, those replace the meshes included in this mod, and thus i can't vouch for the mod working right if those are used).

Though i wonder if it could be related to that MO issues galgat described above..

Is there a difference for the mod between CBBE 3.2 and CBBE 3.3 (the current version)

The Items fit the same on both versions of CBBE.

EDIT I have not had a problem with the Pony Boots not showing in the crafting Menu, I use CBBE and Wrye Bash. I just forged a pair on a character.

Hello, i have been having a certain problem with DDx for a while now. I have reinstalled DDx multiple times, even removed all the Devious devices mods i have and reinstalled them all with DDi 2.8.2 and DDa 2.8.2 first, as i believe them to be the core of DD, then DDx 1.1.3 after that and all addons last (not sure if order matters).

Whenever i try to equip slave boots (or pony boots with 1.1.3) my feet dissapear.

When i try to equip an ebonite harness (black, white or red), only the collar shows up, the rest seems to be invisible.

Ebonite armbinders put my arms behind my back and make my wrists dissapear, but no armbinder actually shows up.

Posture collars seem to work, just like i am able to see the "collar" part of harnesses i mentioned above. Gags work too.

It seems everything from the neck upwards works.

The items are equipped though, as i still get the appropriate message when i try to struggle or unequip something.

The body i use is UNPB 2.5.2, and i have all requirements for DDI, DDA and HDT-HHS installed.

DDI (with DDA) works fine for me, including all other DD related mods i run alongside it.

Sorry for the long rant, trying to give you (hopefully) as much usable info as possible, and thanks in advance for any info you might have.

Sounds like you are missing the UNPB meshes (you have the shared meshes, collars, gags, inventory models aswell i'd guess), but not the body-specific ones.

Try doing a manual install of the "01 UNPB" folder contained in the download file, it contains all the UNPB specific meshes. All the meshes contained in that folder needs to end up in /data/meshes/devious/expansion to work.

That's definately not a problem i can reproduce.

I suppose you should start by checking that the meshes actually got installed right. Go to meshes/devious/devices and check that the 3 "armbinder01" meshes are there. Then meshes/devious/expansion and check that the 3 "ArmbEbonite" and the 2 "ZariaBoot7" files are there.

You should also check that all your dependancies are up to date, SKSE, FNIS, Zap, SL, DDa and DDi and so forth.

But mostly, it sounds like a mod conflict to me, which is sadly difficult to diagnose. Armbinders and the boots use the hand and feet slots, so you should check for any mods that effect those slots in some way, and obviously, you should check that you're not using any outdated/broken mesh-overrides (Bodyslide versions for instance, those replace the meshes included in this mod, and thus i can't vouch for the mod working right if those are used).

Though i wonder if it could be related to that MO issues galgat described above..

Thanks for the help Coopervane, you were right, it was a mod conflict that was causing the slaveboots and armbinders to not render. It turned out to be my overwrite mod in MO that was causing the issue. So I deleted it and made a new one and also switched to  HDT body and hdt dd assets and everything seems to work fine. And also I can confirm that your custom harness fix works.

I ran into a a minor issue with armbinder with hdt body and hdt assets where the armbinder was not rendering but the ebonite armbinder was working. I fixed that by making CT77's armbinder in bodyslide using CT77 bodyslide assets. Thanks.

Sounds like you are missing the UNPB meshes (you have the shared meshes, collars, gags, inventory models aswell i'd guess), but not the body-specific ones.

Try doing a manual install of the "01 UNPB" folder contained in the download file, it contains all the UNPB specific meshes. All the meshes contained in that folder needs to end up in /data/meshes/devious/expansion to work.

Yeah i guess i messed something up in ModOrganiser. I had it pick "00 Core" as its "Data" folder, so it didnt look at the UNPB or CBBE folder for meshes.

As i would like to keep my Skyrim folder clean, and have Mod Organiser "manage" everything, would it cause any conflicts to your knowledge if i copied all UNPB meshes into the Core meshes folder? they lead to the same directory anyway.

Regardless, thanks for your time :) and thanks for the solution.

Thanks for the help Coopervane, you were right, it was a mod conflict that was causing the slaveboots and armbinders to not render. It turned out to be my overwrite mod in MO that was causing the issue. So I deleted it and made a new one and also switched to  HDT body and hdt dd assets and everything seems to work fine. And also I can confirm that your custom harness fix works.

I ran into a a minor issue with armbinder with hdt body and hdt assets where the armbinder was not rendering but the ebonite armbinder was working. I fixed that by making CT77's armbinder in bodyslide using CT77 bodyslide assets. Thanks.

There's likely to be some problems with HDT/CT77 bodies and all the rest of the variants and off-shoots, the assets were made for bog-standard UNPB and CBBE, so using anything else is at own risk, i can't really provide direct support for it (even less so considdering i don't use CBBE and have little understanding of Bodyslide). But i'm glad you got it sorted and that the harness fix works.

Yeah i guess i messed something up in ModOrganiser. I had it pick "00 Core" as its "Data" folder, so it didnt look at the UNPB or CBBE folder for meshes.

As i would like to keep my Skyrim folder clean, and have Mod Organiser "manage" everything, would it cause any conflicts to your knowledge if i copied all UNPB meshes into the Core meshes folder? they lead to the same directory anyway.

Regardless, thanks for your time :) and thanks for the solution.

They are part of the same mod, so yes, you should install the 01_UNPB meshes in the same place you installed the 00_Core content.

The Items fit the same on both versions of CBBE.

EDIT I have not had a problem with the Pony Boots not showing in the crafting Menu, I use CBBE and Wrye Bash. I just forged a pair on a character.

Cool i've not had any problems myself with CBBE 3.3 but figured i'd ask if there was major breakage in future for me.

using frostfall i tried to put on some shoes by mistake while wearing slave boots and it gave me the exposure protection and didn't put on the shoes so now i have a permanent exposure protection.  is there a fix for this somewhere?

i didnt save it but i dont want to do that by mistake

maybe i should do it again and see if restarting frostfall is all i need to do. lol

Might just be me, but CustomHarnessSingle_x.nif (both 0 and 1) have their BSDismemberSkinInstance biped entries set to 52, but the AA entry "zadx_harnessAA" is set to 58.

Unless I still have an old version somehow.

Using bodyslide per chance? There are atleast two body-slide conversions covering this mod, but neither of them has been updated for ages it seems, not since DDx v1.1.1, and so they are overwriting DDx meshes with broken ones (using wrong slot-data, it's been changed in DDx since v1.1.2).

Is there a way to equip these devices on NPCs using the console? I've tried the usual additem, equipitem methods but the meshes don't show. When I open the NPCs' inventories after that it says they have the devices equipped, even though they still aren't wearing them. I can't get followers to wear the gear by talking to them and putting it in their inventory, either.

Not sure if a right topic, but, Cooper, could  you please explain the effects of slave boots in detail? I use them with cursed loot, but I have a feeling they are not working properly.

They'll slow you down and prevent spriting. Pony boots won't prevent springting however. Both will block equipping any other boots.

Bootalicious details, for the locking boots:

* They lock in place and are subject to all common DD rules of restraints (they are opened by a restraint-key, or they can be opened if you have maxed out skills in lockpicking or a school of magic, just like all the other items that use restraint-keys).

* They employ the ZAP "Slow-Move" keyword, which is ment to slow player movement down by the amount set in the ZAP MCM menu (you walk and run a bit slower).

* They employ the ZAP "No-Sprint" keyword, which is ment to make you unable to sprint.

* They apply the "high-heel" magic effect, which is used by the HDT-HHS plugin to lift the player slightly to prevent the heels from sinking into the ground.

* They are clothing items that cannot be sold to normal vendors, just like the rest of the DD stuff.

* They employ the ZAP "No-Sprint" keyword, which is ment to make you unable to sprint.

Does this mean that using srpint button or activating always running mode  would have no result whatsoever? Or you still have two movement speeds(walking and running) It may sound obvious but if the former is how it is supposed to work  then the mod is bugging on me

Skyrim has 3 speeds (on a PC keyboard, not counting analog control with a 360 pad). Walk, Run, Sprint (slowest, medium, fastest).

The Slave-boots allow for the first 2 (slow and medium), but won't let you sprint (no fastest, pressing the sprint key should do nothing), and slows down all movement speeds a little.

So, if for some reason you cannot walk or run, or you can still sprint, then i'll need more details on what is going on in your game to figure out why that might be.

/Edit: Clarified a bit.