Quick recap: I see the items fine in the inventory, I get the message that they are being equipped, but anything other than the plain ddassets show up on the body.

This sounds very much like a case of the game not being able to find the .nif files to actually render. I'm pretty sure that you can see the inventory objects and some DDa items on your body because these are the files that get installed directly, without needing Bodyslide to match your body. I'd say it's likely that something went wrong with the Bodyslide process. Things that I can think of:

- did you pick the right choice (CBBE/UUNP) from the installers?

- are you using MO? if so, the shapes might have ended up in a wrong folder -- happens to me a lot when I forget to hold Ctrl before pressing Batch Build.

Here's a few folder/filenames of meshes with which you can check if Bodyslide did its thing correctly and that the files ended up in the right place:

Meshes\Devious\Expansion\EbRestrictiveCorsetBelt_1.nif

Meshes\Devious\devices\kimydress_eb_1.nif

Meshes\Devious\Heretic\Piercings\HR_Piercing01_1.nif

These are just three examples of dozens, but none of these three will be present right after installing the three DD mods through any mod manager. They will only appear after building all the DD related items in Bodyslide.

Other mods like schlongs of skyrim and kyne's blessing are having similar issues now.

This makes it even more puzzling to me, but makes me guess again that the culprit is likely somewhere around Bodyslide, a wrong setting, folder, whatever? I don't know, I'm using UUNP myself but I do know that others are using CBBE with all these mods so the issue probably has got to be something on your PC, not the mods themselves.

Thank you very much Duderino, seems you may be correct as I keep forgetting to use ctrl before batch build. I did go replace the files manually however, but perhaps something in this whole process is wrong.

As for the other mods I find it equally puzzling. I realized last night that USLEEP was for some reason at the bottom of my priority list in MO. This made it impossible for me to equip armor mods as well and I hadn't realized! So I'll keep fiddling and let y'all know later tonight.

Thanks for the assistance!

so I have no idea what to do at this point with this mod and assets most of the outfits when I put them on make the respective part of the body invisible also I don't see texture files for the hobble skirt and others can an one help me find out what I'm doing wrong also i don't have a lot of knowledge with the outfit studio. so any help would be greatly appreciated.

so I have no idea what to do at this point with this mod and assets most of the outfits when I put them on make the respective part of the body invisible also I don't see texture files for the hobble skirt and others can an one help me find out what I'm doing wrong also i don't have a lot of knowledge with the outfit studio. so any help would be greatly appreciated.

This guide should help: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/71481-tutorial-building-dd-items-in-bodyslide-nmmmo/?view=findpost&p=2021495&hl=bodyslide

This guide should help: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/71481-tutorial-building-dd-items-in-bodyslide-nmmmo/?view=findpost&p=2021495&hl=bodyslide

i think i fixed it by running it through my mod manager and not manual startup like i did with fnis

ok so it's fixed but my characters breasts are flattened and no matter how I change it, it stays the same do you know a fix or do i need to reinstall calients beautiful bods

If this is with chastity bras, you may need to look for the breast node setting in the devious devices menu ingame.

Are there any mods that add more visual bondage-themed gear or objects? Seems like few of the mods here have gotten any content updates in quite some time, so I figured I'd ask if anyone has some other mods they run alongside the Devious series.

ok so it's fixed but my characters breasts are flattened and no matter how I change it, it stays the same do you know a fix or do i need to reinstall calients beautiful bods

If this is with chastity bras, you may need to look for the breast node setting in the devious devices menu ingame.

it isn't it is when I wear the dd clothes with exposed breasts and in the nude  like with the harness do I need to delete the cbbe file and reconstruct it

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Zenoz said:

i try to download and innstal Devious Devices (assets) and Expansion but i onley get a zip-file folder... what are i going to do with that.... so i can get it instaled.

I use Nexus 

just click on the green plus on the left and then navigate and select the zip file

• 3 weeks later...

VERSION 4.0

- Added: Straitjackets and new struggle animations for them. 26 variants in total, including open (breast exposed) and closed top, variants with legbinder and two hobble-dress/straitjacket combos!
- Added: Handcuffs worn in front and new struggle animations for them.
- Added: Breast bondage yoke. This yoke variant will lock on a subject's breasts instead of her neck.
- Added: 30 new pony items: Bitgags and pony harnesses.
- Added: A very strict version of the armbinder that binds the arms of a subject so tight that her elbows will touch inside the glove. This item is very hard to escape without help. Six new variants.
- Added: Silver and gold variants of chastity gear. 12 new items.
- Added: Many items from the Cursed Loot item library have been backported to the base framework to make them available for a broader audience. Catsuits, gloves, boots, hoods, yokes, ankle shackles. 105 new items.
- Added: New escape system. Players can now try to escape a device by struggling, lockpicking or cutting it open. The difficulty can now be set by the modder on a device level! One escape attempt can be performed once in a given period, also defined on the device level. If no local statements are made, default values are used. Players can now also attempt to repair jammed locks. The old (legacy) escape system is no longer selectable in MCM and has
been disabled. Global settings affecting escape difficulty have also been removed. Custom messages can also be defined on the device level, overriding standard framework message, if desired.
- Added:  New key break and jam lock mechanics. Key break and lock jam probabilities are now also set on the device level. By default, keys do not break until the item creator sets this value to higher than zero. Also, the modder can now set a property that will destroy the device and/or the keys upon removal. This does not affect removal by scripting. The corresponding global MCM controls have been removed.
- Added: New system for handling quest devices. DD quest devices are now much harder to remove by 3rd party mods, even when trying to brute force them off via standard API calls instead of the DDI API. This function should break all existing features that allow removal of such items. Yes, that's intentional.
- Added: New debug function that can be triggered by the user, which will remove -all- DD devices, including quest devices. This function will also send a new ModEvent DDI_Quest_SigTerm to signal content mods to terminate their quests. DD modders should register to that event and call the appropriate functions on their end, to allow the user to cleanly end DD quest, if they so desire.
- Added: A library function for selecting DD-aware sex animations: sslBaseAnimation[] function SelectValidDDAnimations(Actor[] actors, int count, bool forceaggressive = false, string includetag = "") DD mods can now use this to pick SexLab animations valid for the devices worn (e.g. armbinders and chastity gear). Animations returned by this function are guaranteed to be valid and will not be overridden by the DDI animation filter. DD modders are encouraged to use this function to select sex animation, as it will improve user experience when playing with bondage items. Note: This function works for DD devices only. It will not recognizes items from other bondage packs, e.g. ZAP.
- Added "Manipulate Locks" feature. Players can now chose to disable a generic DD device's locking mechanism when voluntarily equipping a device. This means they can remove it at any time they wish. Modders can override the feature, and it will not work for quest/custom devices. Also added a new API function ForceEquipDevice() to zadlibs, that will NOT fail if a device of the same type is already worn, but attempt to remove the conflicting item instead. This will work for generic devices ONLY. Quest items will not get removed by this function.
- Added: New chastity belt idles: These idles are now getting played during regular belt events, instead of them just displaying a text. There is a new API function in zadlibs to trigger the feature directly, too.
- Added:  Added difficulty modifer to MCM. Users can now pick a modifier to influence device difficullty for all generic devices and custom/quest devices if their creator enabled this feature for them. The modifer (max of +/- 75% on the values set by the device) affects: all escape methods (struggle, cut, lockpick), Escape cooldown, Unlock cooldown, Repair cooldown, Lockshield timer, Key break chance, Jam lock chance, Repair chance. In return, all individual MCM controls affecting the escape system have been removed.
- Added: Ability to pass generic tags to OnDDIEquipDevice()
- Added: Easier registration of custom events and fixed reset of custom events registry on load.

- Changed: Removed ZaZ Animation Pack as a master for Devious Devices. All functionality formerly handled by ZAP is now done by DD itself. Some bound animations developed for DD but distributed via ZAP have been moved to DD.
- Changed: The animation filter no longer recognizes ZAP items.
- Changed: DD devices are no longer tagged with their corresponding ZAP device keywords. As a consequence, mods using ZAP but not DD will no longer be able to recognize DD devices.
- Changed: New implementation of wrist restraints. This makes it much easier to implement new wrist restraints. No more extra quests and extra effect scripts modders have to deal with! Wrist restraints now use the exact same code every other restraint is using. They no longer prevent viewing the inventory, but you still cannot equip weapons or armor while wearing one. This gives wrist restraints much more flexibility, as they now also can use the standard escape system, allowing things like lockable armbinders or cutting out of them, even. Old devices should still work the old way. The only change to them is that they also allow inventory access. All wrist restraints now use the standard keyword zad_DeviousHeavyBondage. Their exact type can be determined with secondary keywords, such as zad_DeviousArmbinder or zad_DeviousYoke. Modders may need to adjust their code, as zad_DeviousHeavyBondage is now the main device keyword for these devices.
- Changed: Disabled the standard yoke/armbinder "Help Me" dialogues, as they were not compatible with the new wrist restraint implementation, and are redundant with numerous similar features in DD content mods.
- Changed: It is now impossible to struggle out of restraints other than wrist restraints with tied hands.
- Changed: Removed obsolete SkRe compatibility patch.
- Changed: Equipping chastity belts will no longer start a device quest.
- Changed: Replaced global lock shield feature with a device-based one. Defaults to a value between 1 and 5 hours, which is very tame and shouldn't break anything. I guess? Scripts bypass the check anyway.
- Changed: Removed "Hardcore Effects" toggle from MCM. All devices now use hardcore effects.
- Changed: Most items had their item weights adjusted.
- Changed: Removed the Devious Deviants submod and related quests, due to it being seriously outdated and bugged.

- Fixed: Bound NPCs should no longer execute sandbox packages breaking their animations.
- Fixed: Prevented event processing while the player is in a SexLab scene.
- Fixed: NPC can no longer remove items when they shouldn't.
- Fixed: Panel gag message not having a "Carry on" option.
- Fixed: Armbinder not hiding the ring slot
- Fixed: Plugs not having a "Put in" option.

I know everybody hates this type of question and I'm sorry for being "That Guy"... But how strict is the requirement for a new game to use 4.0+? Is upgrading from a previous version just not recommended/supported? Or will it 100% just ruin everything and break my game? I've just restarted for the second time in the last few months and finally got everything set up how I like/stable and would really prefer not doing it again. :confounded:

26 minutes ago, Silenceyoursword said:

I don't seem to be able to remove any items in the new version, I just get the message 'you choose to put <x> on' when I click equipped items in the inventory. Is there a new method of interacting with them or something?

EDIT: Also, I get the error message shown in attached screencap when I do put something on or safeword it off

Spoiler

20171216005740_1.jpg

Did you remember to update DDi as well? (and start a new game)

3 minutes ago, Silenceyoursword said:

I started a new game, I may have forgotten DDi. I'll double-check that. Thanks :smile:

I have same problem (tested with old good armibinder and stright jacket) finaly my PC is in correct pose but all another is unlocked (inventory, compat etc)

Im looking for reason. wait few minutes :P

16 minutes ago, Silenceyoursword said:

I started a new game, I may have forgotten DDi. I'll double-check that. Thanks :smile:

It seems that one of mod in your mod manager overwrite file like: zadLibs.pex
I found one in SLIF (sexlab inflation framework) - check it please and remove it then run all install procedure once again