What do people use to make there oblivion characters to look beautiful.

Im heading back over to oblivion due to my lack of ability to run modded skyrim with very good fps and im wondering HOW DO YOU PEOPLE MAKE YOUR CHARACTERS LOOK SO DAMN GOOD?!?! *Clears throat* Sorry about that, its extremely weird even with race mods my face morphs are kinda weird i just dont get it so. What mod are you using: Textures, Races and others to create the best character and if you dont mind post a screenshot to give me a bit of a peek of whats in store

THANK YOU!

Just picture what you think is cute/beautiful/pretty/etc. And put that into oblivion, Getting some race mods on the Nexus does't hurt either, Also look here if your 100% sure that you cannot craft a beautiful Character, plus reads the descriptions of these save files, some of them require mods: http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/searchresults/?src_cat=43

Edit: Also get some hair mods and other things, a character with a beautiful face look's can be ruined by a hair style that doesn't compliment the Face. (Problem is that Custom Hair mods main not work with Custom race mods if they are not supported, if you ever need adding custom hairs to a custom race google a tutorial or I can do it for you.

if you have any other questions just ask :P

Another thing, to be quite honest you're never really "Done" with your character, you always going to be changing a few sliders around, changing the Hair style and other things. For example before My character had short hair and before I was like "Swexy! xD" and now I'm like "Meh" so I changed it,This was my character: http://imgur.com/1dIFShp and now, this is my character: http://imgur.com/JPwyx7y

Another thing to add is that a lot of screenshots use lighting or even Photoshop to achieve ridiculously good results, don't expect to always get what you see.

lol I just took that screenshot right now and the old one is from a long while back, I don't even own Photoshop, what you see in my screens is what you get in the Game, I can promise you that Mr. Woodenstick!

Another thing to add is that a lot of screenshots use lighting or even Photoshop to achieve ridiculously good results, don't expect to always get what you see.

lol I just took that screenshot right now and the old one is from a long while back, I don't even own Photoshop, what you see in my screens is what you get in the Game, I can promise you that Mr. Woodenstick!

Not talking about yours, check out some of these moonshadow elves in this gallery. I have never made one that looked nearly as good as any of these photos, they really know how to use lighting and poses to make characters look good.

http://g.e-hentai.org/g/309888/c97fecc218/

Oh and trywhat's stuff

ScreenShot688.jpg?d=a1

ScreenShot775.jpg?d=a1

Too bad he doesn't like sharing... :(

Do realize that they probably spent hours perfecting the faces, not saying your wrong but they do look possible xD

Not with my patience/lack of modding skill LOL

honestly I just use the default FFrace face or default moonshadow, too lazy for anything else :P

I know how you feel, that's why you should do it in increments. xD

Make nose smaller and slightly thinner than original.
Adjust jawline
Make chin around same halfway forward of nose lenght and bit less manly.
Adjust nose concave/convex (one of those made eyes smaller and other altered nose/mouth gap)

You can make pretty decent out-of-preset face with these. Works best with Head06 (which is pretty much everything now) but FFhead behaves about as good.
Sulwha/Corean/etc.. is.. well not my trump card xD 

Also, textures do play a big part. Some are just 512*  maps and to have something thats onpar with skyrim requires 2048* maps.

Like I said, Making the Perfect Character should be taken in Increments. If you are atleast Somewhat Normal, after fiddling around with the Character creation Screen for about 10 minutes you going to get mad, frustrated, and Impatient. Thus you'll be running to the Save files section at the Nexus at any moment. If you do it slowly, your perception of beauty may change and thus you'd feel free to edit your character. If you make your "Perfect" character all in one go and your like "Yep here's my super hot character, I ain't changing her from here on!" you'll probably feel that way because you spent hours trying to make the perfect character and now all you want to do is play the game and your tired of the Race menu Screen. Therefore if your perception of beauty ever changes your still not going to want to edit your Character. If you do it in increments you will feel better making more edits over time because you aren't Creation screen'd out xD

You see, Something "Beautiful" right now, isn't going to be beautiful to you a year from now For example, Last year This was my character (I even had a different Loverslab account , _Saraj_ I think it was...and my Nexus account was Sarakzk tho I got banned with that account so yeah :(http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/43143/? <--- I thought That was beautiful last year, but I don't really like that character anymore tbh, to trianglish xD. If you scroll up a bit and look and my other links those are my characters now which I think are ten times more cute/pretty/beautiful than my old character.

Custom texture

Head 06

Custom race

Custom eyes

Lots and lots of hours looking and correcting details

A very resilient save to immortalize your progress with Wrye bash

Patience, patience and more patience

Custom everything

Tips in chargen: (mines at least)

-Smaller chin

-smaller nose

-nose tilt up

-convex nose area for that cute little squirrel effect

-bigger eyes

-adjust chin/jawlines to make face round and pointy, while a squared chin is more manly

• 4 weeks later...

i think you would want to try our races, because we actually had done all the slider work for you. the result - good looking and unique face for each race.

example:

i don`t have screenshots of female characters neither time for making them. have a male character example

45281-1-1408980421.jpg

I can only add what I do whenever I try to create a character. Risray is totally right about CUSTOM TEXTURES. They make all the difference. But if you can't use those, there are still ways to make unique faces. Here most advice has already been mentioned: narrow chin, longer nose etc etc.

The very first thing I'd do whenever working with a custom race is:

Open the race esp in the CS and get rid of the face presets. IMPORTANT.  Especially the Moonshadow Elf presets restrict the variety of possible faces HORRIBLY. 90 % of the moonshadows outthere look similar because of that. 

When making a face ingame...I tend to spam the random face button after deleting the face presets in the CS. A nice random face is a good place to start from.

1.) start with making the entire face wide®. A too narrow face looks weird, even if you want your character to seem super thin.

2.) the eyes should be set wide apart too, eyes that are close together sometimes look cross eyed and make the character look older.

2.) Of corse it's pretty if the alianasal wings (is that the right word? xD) are narrow - but the nose bridge should be wide to highten the distance between the eyes.

And from that point on it's a series of tiny adjustments. Save, quit racemenu, look at character, "nope", openracemenu, edit again, repeat.

Open the race esp in the CS and get rid of the face presets. IMPORTANT.  Especially the Moonshadow Elf presets restrict the variety of possible faces HORRIBLY. 90 % of the moonshadows outthere look similar because of that. 

I created Cris starting from one of the presets, that's probably why I keep mistaking other people's characters for her XD.

Learning how the infuriating sliders work, and which ones to not touch. Race mods. Just experimenting and saving. Adding mods that change NPCs to look better, then using Wrye Bash to copy that look to your character, then changing it some more to look better. If it works, you save, if it doesn't, you re-load. Anyways that's what I've always done :)

• 1 month later...

Sorry for reviving old thread, but for me, Facegen modeller all the way.  I wasn't really into custom races(except a few), and I often played as tall Nord girls(yeah, yeah, you know...).  I used Facegen modeller demo to make a face, then copy the shape to new character save(using Facegen to Oblivion or something).  It works best for stock human head.

I've been asking Aurasoma over at Nexus for some time to share some of his character's. Or at least the mods he used to make them. Bastion and Kittie where high on the list and he recently gave in and shared Kitties files. Well some of them, He messaged me that he was keeping the tattooed skin file so you can tell which Urd has the goddess stamp.

Then had to explain that joke

I really do like what hes done with the Nec01 Mystic high elf race. Its second on my list of characters I'd like to play. First is Dark Elves third is Mystic Elves. assuming you can make them look a little less girly.

In times when I used to visit Nexus sites and show my characters, a lot of people were asking me to share them. But my saves have always been messy, and basically I avoided sharing them.

Then my friend Dustin came up with a brilliant solution - he showed me how to make beautiful faces in the Construction Set's race window rather than in-game.

That's why all the races and characters we were making lately together with Dustin have very beautiful and unique faces. And they aren't dependant on saves any more.

Our races can be downloaded here http://www.maxheartflan.com/search/label/races