So I got out of the gag... not sure if correct way. {Attempt to Pickpocket Key from Master} 250 combinations for collar, key in menu ONLY worked on gag. 2nd Attempt, I was freed from collars influence and Leah no longer has sway over pc. Went back to previous save and YAY, Happy that Obeyed Rules check. Will play a little more from here and see if I can further increase disposition. After that, gonna try to marry Leah and see if can have both spouse and master dialog trees concurrently. 

About Leah bug I forgot to mention - again might have already been posted. But when Binder-ed(?) she provides Shopping Quest like many NPCs but when return items - she doesn't take them. So it stays in Questlog (can use Console commands to end quest, I think) and then can't use best Disposition gain of Chained Courier - which I sort of find amusing, NPCs don't try to use you, Obsidian items be damned ;)

After everything I posted about Dominant Followers, all-in-all, having a fun time.

Might post more about Leah, but also having issue bounty-hunting for Dollmaker. These Customers get stuck, sigh (removed CD Shop from my mods).

Smoking Hot...

It would be nice (and symmetrical) if there were an option for a chance of punishment on refusing this.

I play with a very limited key supply, and so I tend to answer "no", but it feels like cheating, in a way.

If I said "yes" to it every time, my entire game would reduce to attempting escape from bondage (I guess some people would say that's awesome, but it's a bit of an all or nothing).

It makes sense you can refuse, because the situation could be inappropriate, quest breaking, not fun, etc.

But what if there was a chance the NPC resents that you rejected them?

They don't want to use violence to try and put you in chains immediately, but they may vow to see you bound eventually, at a time of their choosing...

So, if the punishment isn't triggered, it's exactly as normal, but if it IS:

Elisif: You're smoking hot...

PC: I'd rather not.

Elisif: Dirty little slut, I know you want it. There'll come a time that you regret rejecting me now. 

The dialog ends, with no immediate consequences...

Then, when you next sleep...

You get a rape attack that starts with you being bound according to at least medium level smoking hot,

and some top-left scrolling text about how "Elisif sends her regards and hopes you enjoy the gift."

So the consequences never occur at an out-of-control moment, but there's no escaping them either.

If you somehow get two smoking hot's queued, it could kicks the bondage up to heavy, and perhaps even more queued punishments could up it to one of the hardcore collars.

Or perhaps those escalations could simply be random? But then there'd be more configuration.

This would give the play an incentive to accept at least light bondage in preference to a chance of upsetting the NPC.

Sasha (and other DFs) also block with Smoking Hot sometimes, if you refused Sasha you could get custom code:

You're already collared: you get maximum punishment bondage immediately.

She's collared: the consequences defer until she's free, see below.

Neither collared: she jumps you immediately you enter an inn and collars you.

It's not really a meaningful event with Leon or Leah, and probably shouldn't occur for them - unless they were radically changed.

I genuinely miss the consumable keys feature. I don't get why it was removed from DD4. OK, DD4 is not taking responsibility for how you get or lose keys, that's fine.

DD4 is responsible for animation lengths though, and there's no option for controlling that, and its probably my biggest DD4 gripe, but anway...

So, is consumable keys (and the key break chance) one of those things that could be returned via DCL?

Or are consumable keys still in, but I just can't find the option now?

I used to have moderate key chances and consumable keys, which meant that often I was without a key, but would have a fair chance of finding basic keys within a game day or so, which would be enough to escape my current situation, and no more.

Now I have to use a really low key-loot chance. I often go an entire dungeon without seeing a key, and when I do see one, it's often a (moderately) useless high-security key. (I don't know why as the chances for them are low, but it doesn't seem to work right, may be the RNG has weird streak characteristics).

This makes getting bound a real hazard, which I want, but it's also very much at the mercy of the RNG.

I keep my tiny supply of looted keys in Breezehome, so I have to get back there any time there's an incident, which can be hard, or easy. Obviously no fast travel.

Shaky Hands won't do quite what I want, as it is also random.

This has turned my old gameplay of "hunt for keys" into "get back to Whiterun", which is less fun most of the time.

The lower you set any chances, the more that tiny variations in the RNG sequence lead to uneven game-play, so any situation where that can be avoided is better, I think.

Also, I think Shaky Hands should be under Escape, not Misc options. It's just the logical place to look for key-related things.

Spoiler
7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I genuinely miss the consumable keys feature. I don't get why it was removed from DD4. OK, DD4 is not taking responsibility for how you get or lose keys, that's fine.

DD4 is responsible for animation lengths though, and there's no option for controlling that, and its probably my biggest DD4 gripe, but anway...

So, is consumable keys (and the key break chance) one of those things that could be returned via DCL?

Or are consumable keys still in, but I just can't find the option now?

I used to have moderate key chances and consumable keys, which meant that often I was without a key, but would have a fair chance of finding basic keys within a game day or so, which would be enough to escape my current situation, and no more.

Now I have to use a really low key-loot chance. I often go an entire dungeon without seeing a key, and when I do see one, it's often a (moderately) useless high-security key. (I don't know why as the chances for them are low, but it doesn't seem to work right, may be the RNG has weird streak characteristics).

This makes getting bound a real hazard, which I want, but it's also very much at the mercy of the RNG.

I keep my tiny supply of looted keys in Breezehome, so I have to get back there any time there's an incident, which can be hard, or easy. Obviously no fast travel.

Shaky Hands won't do quite what I want, as it is also random.

This has turned my old gameplay of "hunt for keys" into "get back to Whiterun", which is less fun most of the time.

The lower you set any chances, the more that tiny variations in the RNG sequence lead to uneven game-play, so any situation where that can be avoided is better, I think.

Also, I think Shaky Hands should be under Escape, not Misc options. It's just the logical place to look for key-related things.

Why do you play with keys than? Just play with the bunch of keys needed for the heavy bondage and use the struggle or pick lock feature. Depending on how hard you set the escape options the keys are not nesesscary. If you want bondage a hazard in game play, just don´t rely on keys. From the immersion point of view it would be the best thing to do. Why in the world should someone put a key in a plant? The only explanation would be, all bondage equipment is magical and the keys are the same random magic.

Just my two cent, because you are complaining about a feature you obviously don´t want to have: too much keys. Consumable keys are just that: too much keys, so you want some of them to disapear.

I had the same problem. Standard bondage was to easy to escape, because there are always keys around. But I want the chance to escape a restraint if I raid a crypt. The easiest setting was no fun to play. The standard setting to annoying. The middle is just great. I have dozens of keys. But sometimes I can´t reach the lock, the key breaks or whatever...

Now bondage is a significant hazard. Armbinders are the biggest fear now. Losing the weapon is now resulting in the hazard of being enslaved or sold. I can tell you, my toon knows some Skooma brothels from the inside by now.

There was never a bigger variety of playing around with the difficulty level than now. I think you just underestimate the features given. It fits so damn well in a playthrough.

Just try some adjustments. ;)

Regards

Rogwar

I think what's being said is that I should set keys to drop frequently, and turn the difficulty up in DD?

It's not at all the same. See below.

It's like you're saying "Oh, don't play the game your way, play it my way." More charitably, "make keys a certainty, and turn up the difficulty". Why do we even have keys then? It's not the same path, it's not a better path, and it plays differently. I'm opposed to it on ground of personal taste and simple lack of ability to suspend disbelief for something so silly. Unlocking your own armbinder is also silly, but that's an entirely separate issue.

The difficulty system is simply not a replacement for consumable keys; it's a replacement for escape chances. We had escape chances in DD3. That DD4 difficulty also makes a key fallible, or breakable, also only echoes options that were explicit in DD3, and none of them are to do with reliable consumption of a key that is used to successfully unlock a device.

I was perfectly happy with how it used to work, and so I'm frustrated that mode of play was taken away. It seems reasonable to request it return as a DCL option, as it has been decided that DD4 should not define those behaviours (which is fine). It can be denied, but Kimy has asked what people believe is genuinely missing from bondage options, and consumable keys appear to be genuinely missing.

The addition of a bunch of "difficulty levels" that only communicate minimal information about what they do, doesn't replace consumable keys. Does one of them consume successfully used key? If so, DD4 needs to tell me.

If nothing is communicated about what those difficulty levels do, where is the incentive to try them? As that process is time consuming, nobody is going to turn the difficulty up if the amount of fiddling about simply to unlock an armbinder is atrocious even at the easiest level. Are they really going to think, "well it's too tiresome on easy, it will be less tiresome on hard", are they? No, no, they are not. Difficulty levels in themselves are not a problem, but there could be more clarity on what they modify.

Endlessly repeating the struggle animation is not particularly fun, or interesting, or varied, and you can do it in a closed room, without going anywhere, and without any risk. DCL can be the easiest way out of an armbinder, if you set it up that way, but armbinders are completely tangential to consumable keys, and I don't see the relevance to my cavil. In DD3 armbinders were awkward enough, but I have no problems with DD4 armbinders other than they often don't work properly on NPCs, and they have an absurdly long struggle animation now. Or it's not as good as the old one. The old one was perfect.

Any "problems" with DD3 consumable keys revolved entirely around the special keys required for the less common items. Those problems, as they existed in DD3 + DCL 6.1 could have been remedied by adding an option for consumption of rare keys distinct from regular restraint keys.

I don't have keys in plants, and I never did. The only thing I want from plants is EC+ attacks. It's possible to make keys reasonably available without turning on plants.

As for issues of how defeat options are managed, those are a completely separate matter too.

DD4 works nicely to quiet player complaints that some tick box wasn't working as intended, because now nobody knows what is supposed to happen at any given setting.

If you set it on easy, is it supposed to take over 20 levels to get an inflatable plug out of you? How long is the plug supposed to stay in on hard?

120? I'm not sure that most modded savegames can survive that long without breaking, or that I even want to play to that level. It certainly doesn't strike me as 120 levels of extra fun. Being stuck with the same plug that long is boring. What I can't say, is that it was wrong, or a bug, because the behaviour is undocumented, and can't be questioned.

But the real problem can't be fixed in DD anyway: mod authors insist on locking items on characters and assuming nobody can remove them, and DD4 encourages and enables this "total game blocker" mindset. When this happens one of the mods involved in a conflict is forced to fail. That hasn't changed in DD4, it's just changed how the fail happens.

The answer is simple. Stop assuming they can't be removed! Build an easy check for item removal into the DD API, so a mod can easily tell if a player has removed (or tampered with) an item that the mod thinks should be on them. Lots of ways to do this and make it easy for mod authors to call.

Dear all, I am new to the community and have never modded Skyrim before. I am running Skyrim Special Edition and am wondering if I can use this mod on SE? I have already downloaded nexus mod, but dont know how to use it. 

If so, is there a step by step guide on installing this mod for beginners? Thank you very much. Looking forward to using this mod.

1 hour ago, kingaffluence said:

Dear all, I am new to the community and have never modded Skyrim before. I am running Skyrim Special Edition and am wondering if I can use this mod on SE? I have already downloaded nexus mod, but dont know how to use it. 

If so, is there a step by step guide on installing this mod for beginners? Thank you very much. Looking forward to using this mod.

It is not recommended to use this with Skyrim SE.

There is a high chance you'll encounter problems.

You'll also probably won't get much help since, you're one of only a few people who use it with Skyrim SE.

8 hours ago, ralphk11 said:

I too missed some of the features after changing to DD4, I find this mod is quite good at giving alternatives.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/93521-devious-device-helpers-beta/

22 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Smoking Hot...

It would be nice (and symmetrical) if there were an option for a chance of punishment on refusing this.

I play with a very limited key supply, and so I tend to answer "no", but it feels like cheating, in a way.

If I said "yes" to it every time, my entire game would reduce to attempting escape from bondage (I guess some people would say that's awesome, but it's a bit of an all or nothing).

It makes sense you can refuse, because the situation could be inappropriate, quest breaking, not fun, etc.

But what if there was a chance the NPC resents that you rejected them?

They don't want to use violence to try and put you in chains immediately, but they may vow to see you bound eventually, at a time of their choosing...

So, if the punishment isn't triggered, it's exactly as normal, but if it IS:

Elisif: You're smoking hot...

PC: I'd rather not.

Elisif: Dirty little slut, I know you want it. There'll come a time that you regret rejecting me now. 

The dialog ends, with no immediate consequences...

Then, when you next sleep...

You get a rape attack that starts with you being bound according to at least medium level smoking hot,

and some top-left scrolling text about how "Elisif sends her regards and hopes you enjoy the gift."

So the consequences never occur at an out-of-control moment, but there's no escaping them either.

If you somehow get two smoking hot's queued, it could kicks the bondage up to heavy, and perhaps even more queued punishments could up it to one of the hardcore collars.

Or perhaps those escalations could simply be random? But then there'd be more configuration.

This would give the play an incentive to accept at least light bondage in preference to a chance of upsetting the NPC.

Sasha (and other DFs) also block with Smoking Hot sometimes, if you refused Sasha you could get custom code:

You're already collared: you get maximum punishment bondage immediately.

She's collared: the consequences defer until she's free, see below.

Neither collared: she jumps you immediately you enter an inn and collars you.

It's not really a meaningful event with Leon or Leah, and probably shouldn't occur for them - unless they were radically changed.

YES!!!!!

Smoking hot would love, have the random wake up rape, yet never had an equip afterwards with either of my 2 PCs. Just installed Helpers, which complements DCLs Bondage Lover feature well, I think. At same time is clear that, it can't be used with Leah/Leon's Obsidian Slave Gear. After Rubber Doll, haven't touched much of Dollmaker, except for purchasing Sasha. I also like that Follower can randomly jump and bind - but will let you free after a set amount of time. Smoking Hot would be great with that and would like that less "Interactive" NPCs can order a Bondage Hit on toon. Like that tool in College after being freed from Queen Sarah set.

On 4/7/2018 at 7:45 AM, Lupine00 said:

Smoking Hot...

I'm not sold on the idea myself.

For me, the 'smoking hot' dialog is a mildly inconvenient side effect of the full 'device dialog' functionality which triggers when I speak to someone whilst Deviced.

i use DCL to make dungeons more 'interesting'. Step 1) Go to dungeon & get quests, loot, and amusing curses. Step 2) Escape dungeon & escape devices etc.

Just spawning rape/devices for hanging around town and talking to people rather than from questing/dungeons isn't quite why I have DCL in my game.

1 hour ago, Lostdreamer said:

For me, the 'smoking hot' dialog is a mildly inconvenient side effect of the full 'device dialog' functionality which triggers when I speak to someone whilst Deviced.

You don't have to be deviced to get Smoking Hot.

But if you didn't want consequences, you could not enable them, just like not enabling misogyny.

Not that there's anything to not enable right now, it's just a dream.

DCL supports so many different styles. It's giant MCM is very "inclusive".

Personally, I'm tending to disable events on dungeon containers in my game now. With key drops turned down to almost nothing, I would be stuck too often. Combat defeat is the main way to get bound, followed by quests with devious support.

I wasn't playing like that a few months ago, but DD4 has significantly turned me off dungeon bondage, and besides, been there, done that. Random hazards aren't as interesting as more interesting combat failures.

7 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Err, yes. Exactly. Which is why I don't particularly want it triggering sex scenes etc.

But if you didn't want consequences, you could not enable them, just like not enabling misogyny.

Except, as mentioned, I DO want the rest of the 'device dialog' functionality. So I have to live with having to say 'no' to people every so often.

16 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I'm opposed to it on ground of personal taste and simple lack of ability to suspend disbelief for something so silly. Unlocking your own armbinder is also silly, but that's an entirely separate issue.

*nod*

It can be denied, but Kimy has asked what people believe is genuinely missing from bondage options, and consumable keys appear to be genuinely missing.

*nod again*

Difficulty levels in themselves are not a problem, but there could be more clarity on what they modify.

*nod nod nod*

The answer is simple. Stop assuming they can't be removed! Build an easy check for item removal into the DD API, so a mod can easily tell if a player has removed (or tampered with) an item that the mod thinks should be on them. Lots of ways to do this and make it easy for mod authors to call.

I think I get your opinion.

Hopefully you didn´t write the post crestfallen, because I just wanted to give food for thought. I like the way you comment on mods. If I would be able to publish a mod, I would like your comments. If the things your are suggesting are possible to implement or not, is ... damn... in german I would write "steht auf der anderen Seite der Medaille" But leo.org can´t translate it proper. ... If the things you are suggesting are possible or not, I can´t judge...bad translation. but I hope you get the meaning.

This could be an endless thread about things that are good in DD4, DD3, DCL etc in general, but for the sake of Kimy and all others let´s say:

Your are right (in many things and in some not :tongue::smiley:)  and I respect your opinion and hopefully you smile now as I do as I read your post.

Now I´ll grab my bike and make use of the blue sky and the shining sun.

Have a nice weekend

Rogwar

consumable keys appear to be genuinely missing.

...interesting.

I don't get this.

I tend to have quite high key drop rates, but I also have it set so that I lose all keys when I trigger an event and can't hand them off to followers, leave them in boxes etc.

So what happens is the event goes off, I get deviced - and any keys I'm carrying evaporate. I'm stuck until I can find/make another key(s).

Yes, that key might unlock more than one device - but they are still very much consumable items. It might break in use, a lock might jam etc - but...it's more likely that they will just evaporate the moment I need them.

I'm not saying this is how you should run your game - one of the things I like about DCL is that it is SO customiseable and you can make it do what you want, rather than what someone thinks you want. It's just interesting to see the sheer scope and variety of this mod sometimes.

Now, I always want keys stolen on bondage because otherwise what would be the point of putting on the devices?

But in the past, with dungeon events a common occurrence, sometimes not losing keys was a "phew, close shave" kind of thing. Coupled with consumable keys, you might not always be able to remove everything, so it was still somewhat meaningful, and it meant you could keep the event probabilities up higher, which tended towards better distributions.

But talking of Lostdreamer's experience...

Let's say you were back on DD3.

High key rate, high trap rate, keys taken on event.

You get deviced, now you are looking for keys...

With non-consumable keys, you find a key, you can probably remove everything.

With consumable keys, you can remove ONE thing, and you're back looking for keys again. Rinse, repeat.

You might get down to some arm and leg cuffs and give up explicitly searching for keys, leaving them in place, because they're not that big a deal, and you may find a key accidentally soon anyway.

Consumable keys make you think differently, and play differently. Random key breakage is just not the same, because you could find a key three times and still get nothing, then find one, and open everything with it. Very different.

In DD4, there is no experience like that, and the order of device removal tends to be more constrained. Probably, in DD4 with non basic difficulty, your lock jams or something, so you're totally screwed.

14 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

You get deviced, now you are looking for keys...

With non-consumable keys, you find a key, you can probably remove everything.

Well, yes. And no.

One key won't get you out of both an armbinder and chasity belt for example.

...and until you do find that key? You may well be stuck sneaking around the dungeon defenseless in said armbinder or a blindfold or whatever. And after you do? You still have to get the soulgem plug out of your ass so you can cast spells without being staggered. Etc.

Yes, you might get lucky and just get some arm cuffs.

Or you might get unlucky and get locked into something that needs three separate rare keys - Even with a high drop rate, the chance of you getting three of the right type before you trigger an event and loose the ones you have collected so far is...not good.

And it's that constant 'what happens now' tension that I enjoy about DCL, not having to constantly scrat around the world searching sacks for keys. I want to go on adventures and kill dragons, damnit.

...i'm just no complaining if some random sex and bondage happens along the way.

First, just want to say, big fan of this mod.

Second, I've been looking into papyrus scripting lately, going through script sources to learn stuff, mostly to make personal changes(like making keys one time use). Going through some of your files i think i stumbled over some bugs so here is a...

BUG REPORT#

File:  dcur_library.psc

1. Ballgag selection

function dcur_equiprandomballgag(actor a, int theme)
	int pickone = 0
	if !a.WornHasKeyword(Libs.zad_DeviousGag)
		if theme == set_rdleather
			pickone = Utility.RandomInt(11,12)
		elseif theme == set_rdebonite
			pickone = Utility.RandomInt(9,0)

I believe the 0 in the last line here should be a 10.
0 being the peargag and 10 being red ebonite ballgag with strap.

2. Duplicate items when equipped with a dress/jacket/mitten from events

Function dcur_equiprandombondagemittens(...)
Function dcur_equiprandomhobbledress(...)
Function dcur_equiprandomstraitjacket(...)

In these three functions, all the following if statements have equipDevice first, then additem:

If pickone == 1
	libs.equipDevice(a, dcumenu.dcur_bondagemittens, dcumenu.dcur_bondagemittensRendered, libs.zad_DeviousGloves, skipevents = false, skipmutex = true)
	if !dcumenu.useitemsfrominventory
		a.additem(dcumenu.dcur_bondagemittens, 1, true)
	endif

while in all older equiprandomitem functions the order is reversed(and correct), additem first, then equipDevice(this one taken from dcur_equiprandomrestrictiveboots):

if pickone == 1
	if !dcumenu.useitemsfrominventory
		a.additem(xlibs.restrictiveBoots, 1, true)
	endif
	libs.equipDevice(a, xlibs.restrictiveBoots, xlibs.restrictiveBootsRendered, libs.Zad_DeviousBoots, skipevents = false, skipmutex = true)

Changing the order of operations in mittens/dress/jacket to match that of older functions seems to fix this issue (it did for me, I recompiled and tested this fix, no more extra hobbledresses in my inventory).

Again, love all the Devious mods, thanks for all the hard work, and I hope this report is helpful.

It was an OPTION in DD3, and if you install DD3, it still is. It's on the first tab: Destroy Key, a checkbox, unchecked by default.

Perhaps I'm the only person who liked this option, and there's no point restoring it. Never mind then.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

It was an OPTION in DD3, and if you install DD3, it still is. It's on the first tab: Destroy Key, a checkbox, unchecked by default.

Perhaps I'm the only person who liked this option, and there's no point restoring it. Never mind then.

It's one of the reasons I've stayed with DD3, the key finding and key breaking is for me a major part of my game. So no, you're not the only one that likes that option.

5 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

The thing is, that you specifically have to not be wearing any devices to get "smoking hot", because it triggers as part of the device-comment system when you're not wearing devices.

So with the current menu, you can't choose one or the other, you can only have both or none.

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I removed it because it was broken, the way it was written. The function obviously assumed that there would be no keys other than the standard framework ones, ever. When enabled, this function destroyed ALL keys, no matter if it was a generic one, or one that had only one copy in the entire game world. If you check my older scripts, I had to write a LOT of workaround code to prevent this function from breaking quests left and right.

I might bring it back one day, in a way that's safe not to break quests.