why dont you use basic hair ?

I don't like their look and I want to make Thaena look more unique.

Have you tried Superior Lore Friendly hair? Still the same vanilla hairstyles but improved textures. Might help make the NPC more interesting in your eyes and still keeping it vanilla.

My idea for the Chaurus quest:

You hear about a lone falmer witch living in a cave. She is civilized, but still falmer, so not exactly a nice lady. She sells chaurus meat to some nearby town to survive, perhaps. 

She agrees to sell you a chaarus for your shows, but there is a problem. Her stock is rather weak and small, and really wouldn't be suitable for your purposes. So, she gives you a quest to go to some area for a super special breed of chaarus egg. You get the egg, and return it to her. The hitch, which she failed to tell you(and starts laughing about): In order to actually be tame around humans, its going to have to be inundated with human scent from the moment it is fertilized, which means this egg is going to have to be implanted in you(she might also give you a potion that makes this physically possible!). Now your task is to get it fertilized, and for that only one chaarus will do. You'll have to deal with other falmer to get to it, though, so you're given a special token that makes you non-aggro with falmer, and you go down to some dungeon(blackreach, maybe). You 'convince' the falmer there to let you into their breeding pens where a prize chaarus is kept, do your business with it, and head back. For maximum effect you could add a pregnancy mod as a soft dependency. 

sky - there are great hairs on Nexus and they do not interfere with body. just check under Hair category.

The problem is, can I use them in my mod? Asking about using it is a little bit strange given the subject of the mod. I mean what if someone asks what's my mod about? I'm sure there's lots of people who don't like the subject of the mod and wouldn't let me use their stuff.

Some creators left the note about free using of their mod, but to give them a credit. So, you just need to surf and see what hairstayle suites you best and if it free for use for own purposes.

Off topic :

Germanicus, if you want to use the 'spoiler' thing for your banner in your sig, you have to make 2 'brackets' :

like this :

[

spoiler

]

blablabla

[/

spoiler

]

(used the 'return' key to make it visible for you, don't use it in your brackets)

When using it correctly here is the result :

blablabla

dje34 -Thank you. This might sound strange to you but I needed weeks to learn the simple thing as adding picture to my signature using spoiler. And three people gave me simple instructions, just like you did now, and I couldn't make it work. Do you want do this for me? :) I'm serious. I fyou do that, I still wanted to have my lovely elf girls on my sigh. :P

I'm still unhappy with the hairstyles. Does anyone know a mod where I could borrow some assets from without getting into trouble for it?

Use whichever ones ya want, if peeps want to use ya mod they should be prepared to install requirements

I've got appachii skyhair and SG hair installed with the SG patch and not had any troubles so dont quite understand the complaining tbh.

The reason why is because Apachii puts a massive amount of strain on the game regardless of the fix--there are still plenty of people out there who use both it and the fix and still have crashes whenever they attempt to use the mod.  On top of that, having an additional plugin for only a single character is unnecessary and adds to the mod limit of the game for no truly justifiable reason.

I'm still unhappy with the hairstyles. Does anyone know a mod where I could borrow some assets from without getting into trouble for it?

Use whichever ones ya want, if peeps want to use ya mod they should be prepared to install requirements

I've got appachii skyhair and SG hair installed with the SG patch and not had any troubles so dont quite understand the complaining tbh.

The reason why is because Apachii puts a massive amount of strain on the game regardless of the fix--there are still plenty of people out there who use both it and the fix and still have crashes whenever they attempt to use the mod.  On top of that, having an additional plugin for only a single character is unnecessary and adds to the mod limit of the game for no truly justifiable reason.

Err think you mean SG hair since theres so many of them (thats the one you need the fix to prevent the crash from it loading them all at once) but as to apachii i downloaded it as its a requirement for sexlab alicia. I went i saw requirements i got and i played (hmm not quite as poetic as i came i saw i conquered but...)

You would also be able to use the new hairs on your PC's so its not like they would have no other ability and if an author wants to use something out of it then thats enough of a reason as its their mod, peeps that wanted to use estru chaurus needed to go get estru peeps that want to use SD+ needed to go get death alternative, peeps that want to use prison overhaul needed to go get ZAZ animation pack etc etc

You weren't listening to what I said.  As I said earlier: Apachii can and will cause people's games to crash just by trying to switch to the female gender on the race menu, fix or no fix.  It is too large of a strain for most people to accept if it's only being used to change a single character's hairstyle.  So people requested that it wasn't made a requirement, because it was too large of a mod for too small of a change.

You weren't listening to what I said.  As I said earlier: Apachii can and will cause people's games to crash just by trying to switch to the female gender on the race menu, fix or no fix.  It is too large of a strain for most people to accept if it's only being used to change a single character's hairstyle.  So people requested that it wasn't made a requirement,

because it was too large of a mod for too small of a change.

And I'd like to add to that, that the crashes are caused by the workload that Mod places on the System, not only does it have to render all individual hairs, but also their shadows, and most older PC's just can't handle it

You weren't listening to what I said.  As I said earlier: Apachii can and will cause people's games to crash just by trying to switch to the female gender on the race menu, fix or no fix.  It is too large of a strain for most people to accept if it's only being used to change a single character's hairstyle.  So people requested that it wasn't made a requirement, because it was too large of a mod for too small of a change.

I have literally never heard this from anyone or experienced this personally since precache killer became a thing.

Are you sure your rig isn't just ancient? There's really no reason a PC that can play a relatively vanilla Skyrim at a decent quality should have any trouble whatsoever with Apachii. My rig chokes on the simplest ENB but I can run Apachii fine alongside SG and one or two smaller ones I forget the names of.

I have literally never heard this from anyone or experienced this personally since precache killer became a thing.

Are you sure your rig isn't just ancient? There's really no reason a PC that can play a relatively vanilla Skyrim at a decent quality should have any trouble whatsoever with Apachii. My rig chokes on the simplest ENB but I can run Apachii fine alongside SG and one or two smaller ones I forget the names of.

My rig is more than capable of running Skyrim and a bunch of mods, but I am not the one experiencing these issues.  Several poeple--including people from this very site!--have reported being unable to utilize Apachii or similar mods even with the precache killer installed.  Do not assume that just because your machine can run it fine means that everyone can.

Found some "dirty edits" in the latest version:
- added the keyword "AnimalShowChair" to all vanilla chairs with the EditoriD "NobleChair01".

- deleted a bunch of stuff from the cell "PinemoonCaveLocation" w/o actually adding something.

I like that you moved the mansion to Falkreath! It's out in nature, in an actually secluded spot, and the more I think about it, besides the uncaring jarl, there is also a quest with a werewolf in it, and another quest to find the blacksmith's (or really Cavicus vile's) missing  dog; the black smith even refers to it as a loyal companion, to which the dog laughs at.. if I remember correctly. Anyway all of those beast related quests just in the vanilla game alone, it was practically begging for the mansion to be there.

I have install the Berry Bushes Overhaul mod and now the Animal Mansion in Falkreath is just over one of the BBO bush!

PLEAZ CHANGE! BBO is POPULAR. MAKE A PATCH PLEAZ! 

BBO?... what the heck is BBO?

HOW CAN U NOT HAVE BBO FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFCYKA

LOL, poor sky-mds. he simply doesn't have a place for his mansion in Skyrim. Everyone has some property on some place and veryone's been pushing him away from current locations. LOL. I guess that the best place for his mansion would be in Sovengaard, since I haven't seen anybody built anything there yet. :D

I have install the Berry Bushes Overhaul mod and now the Animal Mansion in Falkreath is just over one of the BBO bush!

PLEAZ CHANGE! BBO is POPULAR. MAKE A PATCH PLEAZ! 

I am really sorry to hear that. In the next version the mansion will be near high hrothgar to avoid the berry bushes. There will also be a patch for the “tasty yellow snow“ mod so i don't expect complications there.