@Rouge:  That sounds as though you got to Madanach by means of the vanilla quest dialogue, not by means of this mod's extensions.  And if he attacked you as a result of sex... see the 2nd post on debug tips.

Returning to prison should not cause this quest to restart.  Sorry, but returning to jail will be dull.

Glad you liked the 'hello' comments; I find these are a surprisingly effective (and easy) way to improve immersion.

@Ashra: the next version will expand the questline slightly, but Borkul didn't get anything new.  The 'Pirate Prize' quest has been expanded a bit (more risk, and an alternate 'bad end'), and there's a minor follow-up mission to recruit Garvey (Markarth Warrens) for either the Silverbloods or the Forsworn.

Interesting, it played well overall..... I did get to him via the vanilla way of getting him a Shiv, mabey it reverted to vanilla because I didn't ask to remove the blindfold right away, and as a result I left the mod's path so to speak. Would it be possible to make it so that exciting things happen to you any time you are arrested regardless??

@Ashra: the next version will expand the questline slightly, but Borkul didn't get anything new.  The 'Pirate Prize' quest has been expanded a bit (more risk, and an alternate 'bad end'), and there's a minor follow-up mission to recruit Garvey (Markarth Warrens) for either the Silverbloods or the Forsworn.

Aww, poor Borkul!

I haven't yet done the Pirate quest, so I guess I can't actually say I've completed the mod... Thonar died when the Forsworn escaped, and I've cleared the mine of Silverbloods in Karthwasten(sp?), so I'm hoping I set it up right to be ambushed here eventually, it just hasn't happened yet. ^_^

Just did Pirate Prize and that's a brilliant little quest :)

One thing you might want to put in the install instructions is that the Dangerous Nights wilderness setting needs to go to 0% otherwise it can fire off at the same time as this quest starts. It doesn't break anything it just looks a bit odd and DN can be set back to what it was once you're on the ship

The v1.40 update is now available.  Requires new versions of the major dependencies.

Sexlab 1.59 as far as I know is a "beta", with a nice amount of problem, rly we need an unstable beta to apply the update? No thxs XD Great mod but prefer wait until update to 1,59 not mean problems everywhere.

And about he extended Pirate Quest, for those who already finished it in the previous version, need to reset it using console right?

Hooray an update!

I'm kinda wondering if the previous one hasn't stopped working for me or something, but it's possible I've just not gotten 'lucky' with the RNG. I cleared the Silverbloods from the mine and Thonar's dead, but I've been running around doing other quests and still haven't triggered the Pirate quest. Now with this update, I'm hoping even more so that it will trigger. ^_^

Could someone say exactly what is supposed to be different about the pirate quest? I know there is a new ending, but I have been playing it for awhile and I can't figure out how to make them add more devices to me.

The v1.40 update is now available.  Requires new versions of the major dependencies.

Sexlab 1.59 as far as I know is a "beta", with a nice amount of problem, rly we need an unstable beta to apply the update? No thxs XD Great mod but prefer wait until update to 1,59 not mean problems everywhere.

Eh?  SexLab v1.59 went out of beta five days ago, and I haven't seen any new problems associated with it.  And it has new animations which I wanted to use...

Could someone say exactly what is supposed to be different about the pirate quest? I know there is a new ending, but I have been playing it for awhile and I can't figure out how to make them add more devices to me.

There are three dialogue branches that could trigger this:

• "Master, are you ready for me?" while at stage 20: 25% chance of one device added
  • same line, lower priority: 50% chance of piercings (if not already pierced)
  • "Why is the door to the deck locked" at stage >= 10: 100% chance of one device added

Going more than 40 encounters without escape results in a variation of "Master, are you ready" which dumps the character on the beach, among hostile pirates, in an armbinder.  Unlike the main armbinder for this quest, struggle out is possible.  At this point, the quest ends, and this mod makes no further provision for device removal via dialogue (so try really hard not to wind up blindfolded as well).

Note that there are about 5 different followup lines to the "Master, are you ready" prompt, and you cannot tell in advance which response will follow.

Hope that helps.

Hooray an update!

I'm kinda wondering if the previous one hasn't stopped working for me or something, but it's possible I've just not gotten 'lucky' with the RNG. I cleared the Silverbloods from the mine and Thonar's dead, but I've been running around doing other quests and still haven't triggered the Pirate quest. Now with this update, I'm hoping even more so that it will trigger. ^_^

If you've met the conditions, check log for messages starting "DvCidhna".  Or just start this quest via console; it is perfectly safe to do so (I do it for testing purposes all the time).

One thing you might want to put in the install instructions is that the Dangerous Nights wilderness setting needs to go to 0% otherwise it can fire off at the same time as this quest starts. It doesn't break anything it just looks a bit odd and DN can be set back to what it was once you're on the ship

Thanks.  The 'Pirate Prize' quest is one of my favorites.  I've been toying with the idea of also making this quest accessible as a Death Alternative (DAYMOYL) plugin, since it is less tightly linked to the others.  If I ever do that, it will be as a separate download (not adding new dependencies to this mod).

I'll add a note to the 'debug tips' post about other sleep-interrupt mods and potential conflicts.  I've already included some conflict-avoidance code for certain common ones.

Thanks.  The 'Pirate Prize' quest is one of my favorites.  I've been toying with the idea of also making this quest accessible as a Death Alternative (DAYMOYL) plugin, since it is less tightly linked to the others.  If I ever do that, it will be as a separate download (not adding new dependencies to this mod).

I'll add a note to the 'debug tips' post about other sleep-interrupt mods and potential conflicts.  I've already included some conflict-avoidance code for certain common ones.

Maybe not the best idea - there are a lot of people who really dislike DA.

I know.  Hence the notion that the DA integration would be a separate download (if I do it at all).

Oh, I see. You don't mean you would remove it from this mod. Thus the word "also" that I didn't notice before. ;)

Right.  My thought is that a DA plugin that provided an alternate trigger for 'Pirate Prize' would still rely on this mod for the quest itself.

For that matter, this quest could be externally triggered by most any mod that wanted to reuse it.  Death Alternative is only one possibility.  Being able to mix and match quests gives players more flexibility than a fixed story arc (though this mod's 'story' isn't particularly rigid to begin with).

I may have found a bug in the 'Pirate Prize' quest:

Since my character had already visited the Dainty Sloan before starting this quest i had the 'Dainty Sloan Footlocker Key' in my posession when i started it. This would block the normal pirate dialogue and always initialize the 'Thieving whore!' dialogue. Removing the key via console before starting the quest fixed that issue.

The other problem i had seems to be more random: When starting the same quest the first mate could sometimes be missing, realoading did not help, however restarting the game and restarting the quest from the same save game fixes it.

One last question: Is there a way to get your gear back after finishing the 'Pirate Prize'?

Edit: Forget that question, i found it

If you've already visited the Dainty Sload (e.g. for the Thieves Guild reputation quest), yes that might leave things in a weird state.  Putting the key away in some container ahead of time would avoid it (without resort to the console).  If you've previously killed all the pirates, that would also cause problems.  :cool:

I've seen that random problem with the first mate not appearing exactly once in testing.  No idea what could cause it - he hasn't got anyplace else he is supposed to be.

Stolen gear is in the footlocker (minus Devious keys and gold); you can go back in after it, by stealth or force, as long as the cell  hasn't had time to respawn.

Hey, I never got around to saying that, but I've been using this mod for quite some time and it's really great - it always worked perfectly fine for me, it gives me the reason to go through a vanilla quest again from time to time, and the followup scenarios keep things fresh (I still haven't gone through all of them). I wish more people were making mods like this - it's pretty much essential for all my "devious" games.

Thanks for your hard work and keep up the good job! ;)

The pirate prize quest doesn't seem to start for me. I have been sleeping in a few isolated places for days now. 

I tried starting the quest manually with Startquest Dvcidhna_daintysload, after using that command the first mate appears and after some talking he attacks me. 

Also I Thonar and the silver bloods in karthwasten mine are death. 

I assume I'm not using the right command. Can anyone tell me how to start this quest with console commands?

@windu190: That sounds like two separate problems:

1. The quest apparently isn't getting kicked off properly.  Check papyrus log for messages starting DvCidhna; they might shed some light on the reason.  Likely possibilities: you're wearing some Devious gear that would conflict.
  2. If you manually start the quest, something is making the pirates hostile, despite this mod adding the character to the BanditAllyFaction temporarily.  Log files would be helpful here too, and you can also confirm via console that the character is in the BanditAllyFaction.