I'm totally stuck with the pirate thing. I don't want to start enabling and disabling mods just because things are hard, but I feel like I might have to... I'm using Requiem, Frostfall  and Realistic Needs, and even after filling up on food and drink before my capture I arrive at the ship Starving. I'm a level 15 non-combat mage (conjuration/restoration/illusion) with no followers (I was on my way to recruit Erik), and the pirates, when they catch me trying to pickpocket (which is always since my skill is only 16) can kill me with a single hit.

I've got about 15 minutes before I die. 10 minutes once the rape-train has run its course. I can't eat or drink, I can't beg for mercy or talk to anyone, I can't cast any spells, and I can't even pickpocket a single lockpick. I have no clue what to do. If I give in and stop Realistic Needs temporarily, can I even service the pirates enough that they take the gag off at some point?

@TheCaptn: If Realistic Needs causes you to arrive in starving condition, I'd have to assume that it is treating this as fast travel and penalizing you accordingly.  That's out of my control; check if there are settings that you can tweak that would allow you more leeway.

Once that basic time constraint is taken care of, make sure you have the Zenetx gagged dialogue overhaul - this is a requirement for this scenario, as stated in the original post.  You are intended to be able to talk to the pirates (with difficulty), and from your comments I infer that you cannot.

Also with RND you can change the rate that you get hungry and thirsty. You could try dropping hunger and thirst to half their values before starting this quest, as opposed to shutting it down all together. That would give you some more time to sort out your situation with the pirates. I normally play SL with RND needs cut in half these days ... get hungry often enough to keep things interesting, but not so quickly that I often get into conflict with what all these interesting SL want to do to me.

Oh excellent, I missed the gag talk one... And yeah, RN treats it like fast travel.

Another comment, and I'm pretty sure this is a Requiem thing (NPCs do high damage to each other) Madanach and Thonar will both die if you exit the mine with the Forsworn. They're both the primary target of the opposing faction and die almost instantly. I couldn't find a way to keep Madanach in particular alive since every guard in the city tries to shoot him.

Once that basic time constraint is taken care of, make sure you have the Zenetx gagged dialogue overhaul - this is a requirement for this scenario, as stated in the original post. 

Would DD Restrained work? For some reason I have problems to get Zentex's mod to work properly. I probably will in time - not used to fail with these kinds of things -, but DD Restrained already works flawlessly in my game.

You can try with DD Restrained, but I really would recommend Zenetx's mod for this.

I understand. First one aims to remove the gag. Latter makes it a less of a game changer.

Thing is, that it loads last in both of my MO panels. There are no other speech related mods (while I am testing it), but it does absolutely nothing.

Oh well. I will bother the author that mod with this. Not you. :)

Thank you for your answer.

-------

Edit: Fixed it; of course right after I had complained that I couldn't get it to work. :D

Excellent mod, should have tried it sooner.

Had one hiccup.  When I went to talk to Madanach (sp?) I get the message that the part of the quest, talk to Madanach, failed.  After the dialogue and the sex he attacks me as do the rest of the inmates.

Had one hiccup.  When I went to talk to Madanach (sp?) I get the message that the part of the quest, talk to Madanach, failed.  After the dialogue and the sex he attacks me as do the rest of the inmates.

See the 'Debug Tips' section, 2nd post.

For some reason, I can only get the 'default' response to the 'Master, are you ready for me?' line.  Tried setting the pirate count (which I assume is the correct variable?) to 20 manually, but no luck.  It does trigger the end at stage 40, however.

Am I doing something wrong?

Had one hiccup. When I went to talk to Madanach (sp?) I get the message that the part of the quest, talk to Madanach, failed. After the dialogue and the sex he attacks me as do the rest of the inmates.

You have the stop sex in combat mod or some similar mod that makes DC think you have a weapon equipped.

For some reason, I can only get the 'default' response to the 'Master, are you ready for me?' line.  Tried setting the pirate count (which I assume is the correct variable?) to 20 manually, but no luck.  It does trigger the end at stage 40, however.

Am I doing something wrong?

There are five separate variations on that response, it goes down the list in order and uses the first one whose conditions match:

1. "You're panting for it, aren't you?" (First Mate, if you don't have the door key)
  2. "I am, but you're not" (25% chance - adds one device at random)
  3. "Hmm, something's missing" (50% chance, if player not pierced - adds piercings)
  4. "Unfortunately, you're getting too worn" (pirate count > 40 - bad end)
  5. "Can't get enough, can you?" (default response if nothing else matched)

So it is mostly random, but also varies based on what you're already wearing and who you're talking to.

See the 'Debug Tips' section, 2nd post.

I'll give that a try, thanks but I don't think I was clear with my first message.

The "Quest Failed" message comes up before any sex.  Literally pops up as you are speaking to him, which is funny because it states, "Talk to Maradach failed"  As I walk up he starts talking, repeats himself when I click on him to start conversation, just before that though you can hear the attack music start.  If you don't engage him in conversation right away he will simply attack.  Even if you do start the conversation during the dialogue the "Quest Failed" message pops up long before any sexy-time bidness.

That's the vanilla quest failing (not this one, though obviously they are interdependent).  And it sounds like a variation on the theme - some other mod in your game is causing the prisoners to become hostile.  The usual cause is a magic effect (e.g. something implemented as a 'cloak' spell) that is not properly flagged as harmless; the game interprets that as an attack.  It need not be an actual spell - lots of mods use hidden 'spells' to implement other things under the covers.

The example of that problem which has been reported most frequently is due to SexLab Stop Combat (which casts a 'calm' effect during sex).  But that is by no means the only example.

Thanks, stobor.

I had a feeling it was most likely another mod.  I do have quite a few mods running at the moment, mostly they get along.  I decided to kill Madarach and proceed with the quest that way but my original intent was to join the Forsworn.

So after about an hour of Trying to get Pirate Prize quest to work correctly i have given Up. I have achieved all conditions for the quest to start i have slept in all the most isolated places like Alchemists shack. I have attempted to start the quest using the StartQuest command Which when done this way next time i go sleep the first mate spawns next to me and Starts a conversation  but then attacks me. I have Done multiple Clean saves and multiple mod conflict checks. I just don't know what wrong with it. My log's are on my post.

Clean save with same as load as last log

Load order change with only this mod and req's loaded

Initial no changes to load order

To all the people having problems starting the pirate prize quest, are you sure you have done the quest to kill the mercenaries at karthwasten and not just killed them without the quest? I did this first and that was my problem.

To all the people having problems starting the pirate prize quest, are you sure you have done the quest to kill the mercenaries at karthwasten and not just killed them without the quest? I did this first and that was my problem.

I've done it both ways still nothing but I'll try again just be sure but I really don't thinks it's that

I've done it both ways still nothing but I'll try again just be sure but I really don't thinks it's that

Same problem here. 

Those of you having problems, do me a favor: try creating a brand NEW character, then start DvCidhna_DaintySload via console.  I'm seeing a ton of initialization errors in your Papyrus logs that aren't present in mine, and I'm wondering if they're a result of upgrading in place.

The other possibility that occurs to me: do you have Deviously Helpless installed?  Maybe the compatibility check has created a harder dependency than intended...

After a bit of experimentation, I'm increasingly convinced that the problem (in at least some cases) is that the player hasn't got Deviously Helpless installed.  The ESP for Helpless does not need to be active - but the scripts need to exist, or bad things happen.  May have to go back to the drawing board with Srende on the compatibility mechanism.

After a bit of experimentation, I'm increasingly convinced that the problem (in at least some cases) is that the player hasn't got Deviously Helpless installed.  The ESP for Helpless does not need to be active - but the scripts need to exist, or bad things happen.  

Huh.. from the OP I got that Deviously Helpless shouldn't be installed.

The 'Confusion to the Forsworn' and 'Pirate Prize' quests would normally conflict with Deviously Helpless; the latest version automatically disables Deviously Helpless for the duration of these quests (requires v1.14 of Helpless as well)

I didn't know the scrips of Deviously Helpless were a requirement. Will install it now. 

I didn't know the scrips of Deviously Helpless were a requirement. Will install it now. 

Neither did I.  But in hindsight, the check to disable DH depends on one of those scripts... so now I have an unintended hard dependency.

I'll need to play around and see if factoring out that dependency into a different script will let it fail more gracefully when the dependency isn't around.  Or maybe just make it a hard dependency and be done.