22 hours ago, RandomPhail said:

Any chance for an AE version of this mod like EstrusForSkryim has? ^^

EC+ does not need a specific AE version as it does not contain any DLLs - The SE version of EC+ should work fine in AE.

Edited by Bane Master
On 4/11/2022 at 2:50 PM, Bane Master said:

EC+ does not need a specific AE version as it does not contain any DLLs - The SE version of EC+ should work fine in AE.

Ohh, I see. Maybe this mod doesn't work alongside Nemesis? Ooor, any number of other mods in the Tsukiro modpack from Wabbajack xD I've been trying to get EstrusForSkryim and Estrus Chaurus to work with the Tsukiro modpack for days now.

Something about the mods (or maybe how I'm installing Estrus and running fnis+Nemesis) is causing the game to just crash before the title screen can load x.x

13 hours ago, RandomPhail said:

Ohh, I see. Maybe this mod doesn't work alongside Nemesis? Ooor, any number of other mods in the Tsukiro modpack from Wabbajack xD I've been trying to get EstrusForSkryim and Estrus Chaurus to work with the Tsukiro modpack for days now.

Something about the mods (or maybe how I'm installing Estrus and running fnis+Nemesis) is causing the game to just crash before the title screen can load x.x

A crash just as the Skyrim logo appears is usually a missing master. EC does not need Estrus to be running, just it's resources so try deactivating the zzEstrus.esp plugin file  (but leave all the files installed) and see if that makes any difference.

15 hours ago, Bane Master said:

A crash just as the Skyrim logo appears is usually a missing master. EC does not need Estrus to be running, just it's resources so try deactivating the zzEstrus.esp plugin file  (but leave all the files installed) and see if that makes any difference.

Oh my Gooooood that was actually the issue causing it not to load, lol. Thank you so much xD I never would've thought to turn off the Estrus for Skyrim mod

7 hours ago, Nslash999 said:

Is EC+ not compatible with the latest iteration of FNIS creature pack and SKEE tool? version check seems to be failing on both of them and as such 0 tentacle attacks are proccing

Not had any other reports of this as yet - it should be fine, anyone else seeing it?

Which versions exactly are you using?

17 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Not had any other reports of this as yet - it should be fine, anyone else seeing it?

Which versions exactly are you using?

I was using the latest FNIS, but I looked back through the thread for someone with a similar issue out of desperation, and the fnis edit given fixed the issue. SKEE still shows as broken but animations still play correctly. Also, I'm on LE, with the LE version of the mod, some I'm not exactly sure why it is searching for SKEE in the first place.

Edited by Nslash999
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, kuro123456789 said:

The enable/disable pregnancy option seemed to do nothing when I clicked on it and pregnancy doesn't trigger even after the tentacle animation, did I some how messed up something? Does anyone experience the same problem as me?

Pregnancy has a chance to happen (if enabled), and I think even the maximum chance (MCM configurable) is 25%. Simply get more tentacle attacks.

On 4/29/2022 at 4:24 AM, thedarkone1234 said:

Pregnancy has a chance to happen (if enabled), and I think even the maximum chance (MCM configurable) is 25%. Simply get more tentacle attacks.

The check box for enable/disable pregnancy is always unchecked no matter how many times I clicked on it so I have no idea if it's enabled or not. Am I missing some other mod that it depends on?

• 4 weeks later...
anyone know why estrusforskyrim the most recent 2022 version will break my animations?no matter what i do whenever i enable it it breaks my animations and i have no clue why. im trying to get estrus chaurus to work and estrusforskyrim is a req i have the plugin off and deleted the DLL but for some reason my animations break every time i add it then run fnis
28 minutes ago, Vylade said:
anyone know why estrusforskyrim the most recent 2022 version will break my animations?no matter what i do whenever i enable it it breaks my animations and i have no clue why. im trying to get estrus chaurus to work and estrusforskyrim is a req i have the plugin off and deleted the DLL but for some reason my animations break every time i add it then run fnis

You do know that you should probably keep the dll, but 'not activate/disable' the esp in the load order?   (I suppose it depends on which mod manager you are using but that's how you do it in MO2)

That's what I have done since forever, and it always works fine

• 2 weeks later...

Heyho,

small question: would it be possible to switch from XPMSE node scaling to NiO morph scaling?

Meaning, instead of 

XPMSELib.SetNodeScale(Actor akActor, bool isFemale, string nodeName, float value, string modkey)

you could use 

NiOverride.SetBodyMorph(ObjectReference ref, string morphName, string keyName, float value)

morphName - the name of a body morph, the same as the BodySlide slider name (eg "PrgenancyBelly")

keyName - a unique key to identify and differ your manipulation of that morph, so it can interchange with other manipulations of the same morph

Example:

; instead of
XPMSELib.SetNodeScale(akActor, isFemale, NINODE_BELLY, value, EC_KEY)
; you write
NiOverride.SetBodyMorph(akActor, "PregnancyBelly", EC_Key, value)

What are the advantages?

- no (direct) dependency for XPMSE anymore, leaving only RaceMenu

- you scale by using morphs instead of bones directly, better compatibility with things like animation mods (at least I've found this statement, didn't validate it)

- no need for something like SL Inflation Framework anymore, as people can change this in their racemenu.ini / skee.ini

- better weight painting on bodies, as there are morphs like PregnancyBelly, specially designed for such purpose

- more modern approach (?)

Edited by Mister X
On 6/1/2022 at 11:49 AM, Mister X said:

would it be possible to switch from XPMSE node scaling to NiO morph scaling?

Well - I'm happy to take a look though I have to admit I know next to nothing about scaling,  XPMSE and NIO in general.

So my only question is will this have any negative impact in terms of compatibility - for SLIF users or anyone else?

10 minutes ago, Bane Master said:

So my only question is will this have any negative impact in terms of compatibility - for SLIF users or anyone else?

Not as far as I can tell.

It's just the use of NiOverride (= RaceMenu) instead of XPMSE functions. One uses bones, the other uses morphs. Anyone who uses BodySlide has a small tick "Build Morphs". When this is ticked, the functions will work for that outfit. The names to use for body alteration ingame then are the names of the sliders within BodySlide.

So no, I won't see any negative impact for compatibility, except those VERY few armors that have no BodySlide AND don't provide morph (.tri) files themselves.

There's an advantage though: morph scaling has a "built-in" SLIF: within the Racemenu.ini (Oldrim) / skee.ini (SE/AE), there are two settings:

[General]
; Determines scaling mode
; 0 - Multiplicative
; 1 - Averaged
; 2 - Additive
; 3 - Maximum
iScaleMode=0

; Determines key merging method (when there are two body morph keys for the same morph)
; 0 - Additive
; 1 - Averaged
; 2 - Maximum
iBodyMorphMode=2

The first one I'm not totally sure myself, I think it tells how to interpret the values for a morph key (meaning 5.0 for "PregnancyBelly" -> 5 times bigger when multiplicative)

But the second one is a built-in SLIF for morph scaling, when set to maximum, only the highest number for "PregnancyBelly" will win. So, eg. your mod and Soulgem Oven both manipulate "PregnancyBelly", one with 4.0 and one with 5.0, the belly will only be 5 times bigger and not 9 times ;) 

Edited by Mister X
43 minutes ago, Bane Master said:

Which begs the question - what is the equivalent of

XPMSELib.HasNode(kTarget, NINODE_*)  ?

That I should use?

NiOverride.HasBodyMorphName(ObjectReference ref, string keyName)

Or you can use

NiOverride.GetMorphNames(ObjectReference ref)

to retrieve an array of strings with all possible names for the given reference

Oh, and one thing I forgot:

after setting a morph value for an actor, you need to call the following function to apply the changes:

NiOverride.UpdateModelWeight(ObjectReference ref)

Edited by Mister X
1 hour ago, Mister X said:

NiOverride.HasBodyMorphName(ObjectReference ref, string keyName)

Or you can use

NiOverride.GetMorphNames(ObjectReference ref)

to retrieve an array of strings with all possible names for the given reference

Oh, and one thing I forgot:

after setting a morph value for an actor, you need to call the following function to apply the changes:

NiOverride.UpdateModelWeight(ObjectReference ref)

OK - here is a quick and dirty test script patch with the  XPMSELib.SetNodeScale functions changed to NiOverride.SetBodyMorph.

Don't install this while you have actors infected with EC.

Important:  This patch is for test purposes only - don't ruin your current playthrough with it!

If EC users would be kind enough to test the patch without SLIF and let me know how it goes that would be great!

Estrus Chaurus V4.390 SE NIO Test Patch.7z

46 minutes ago, Bane Master said:

If EC users would be kind enough to test the patch without SLIF and let me know how it goes that would be great!

Don't know about you guys - but it seems to me there is a huge difference in scaling between the two methods with the patch producing huge (in comparison to the XPMSE function) changes even with the MCM size limits set below 1.0, not sure how to account for that.

Edited by Bane Master