SD+ claims your character is enslaved or already infected with a Spriggan.  Get free, and / or finish SD's Spriggan quest.  If you believe that those conditions are not in effect, check with Skyrimll on the SD+ forum - maybe the condition variables aren't being reset when they should be.

I cannot start this quest either. Although on console it says the quest is enabled, stage 0, priority 50(I don't understand this part really).  I finished the DBH questline long before I adeed any SL mod. (Which was.. around three days ago. I finished said questline a month ago). Sadly I cannot give a papyrus log so that's out the window. However I did install your other mod Angrim's apprentice along with this mod and finished Angrim's quest line first. (Also did the dibella quest for this mod.) So is it possible that this mod and Angrim's are not compatible? other than that, I am running SD+ but have never gotten enslaved, nor activated the flowering spriggan quest. (Also finished a night to remember before installing both these mods so I don't think that should be a problem. However I can be wrong.)

Is there a way, console-wise to force it into the intro stage? (I don't want to try making up setstage numbers since I don't like causing my game to ctd. xD Had enough of that on the post Miraak fight. >->' )

Sorry to state the same problem as others and I also apologize for not being able to give a log.

@Dina: No, there's no chance that Angrim's interfering with this mod.  A Papyrus log would probably tell us exactly why the quest isn't starting (just search for lines starting 'Spriggans:'), but diagnosing it blind the most likely possibilities are:

• You're involved in a conflicting SD+ quest (or at least SD+ thinks you are).
  • Your Dark Brotherhood entrance quest (DBEntranceQuest) is still running and at stage < 200, despite what you say.
  • You're wearing Devious Devices (belt, gag, blindfold, or armbinder) that would conflict.
  • You're sleeping in crowded locations where the Forsworn won't grab you.
  • You're not getting any uninterrupted sleep, because of some other mod (e.g. Dangerous Nights).

There is no 'setstage' that would force the issue.

Okay. I'm quite glad Angrim's isn't going to conflict. As for the DB. I get a 255? (Console needs to be more informative. >-> ) At some point, yes I was wearing a DD but it was the collar. (Took it off to see if that would fix it. But it didn't.) As for the locations. I tried caves, random hunter camps(hunters who die thanks to a rather... Hircine related matter. *werewolf* ) And No I do not use any mods that do anything to nights or to allow interrupted sleep. I do have a mod called Sleep tight. (Which makes npcs wear robes when they sleep... Because wearing steel armor while sleeping is not immersive..) Also tried disabling that to see if that conflicted anyway. No avail. Last thing I could think of was the fact I was a werewolf. (Restless sleep from vanilla skyrim) So I cured my character to see if that would work. But still no. So.. I have no idea whats going on. xD I'm just thinking skyrim is being skyrim and does what in the oblivion it does when it wants to.

Also before installing this mod. I had disabled in the mcm menu the flowering spriggan quest and enslaved quests but kept the dreams quest in. Right now for this i'm thinking the dream quest could be the factor here. Though I tried in a dummy save, to uninstall it so it would go back to it's default "Not in service to San" but that didn't work out well because skyrim hates me. But hey, at least I tried. lol

The reason why I couldn't give a log is because I don't know how. Do I have to install a program to give a log or is it in-game? o-o (If I knew I might be able to give a log. I'm pretty dense so.. Sorry if you already said how. I just don't understand it and i'm a dummy for that.)

I'll try to start a new game to see if I can get the quest working with a new character. If I can get it working there, then problem solved to me. xD (The save i'm trying it on is just a mod-test save anyway. So it might just be a broken character.) So I'll let you know if it works on a new character. ^^ Thanks for the reply.

Alright it worked on a new toon so the old save was just broken. It worked up till the guardian spriggan. (CTD when I try to enter the cave. I think it's just spriggans in general making me CTD since a ctd also happened after retrieving the sap from the eldergleam and when unfriendly spriggans try to spawns it ctd's. Went with the alternative ending for that quest.) So used console to complete the purify quest. Which worked as well. This mod was pretty good. I liked the tie-in to Froji(sp)'s quests and it was a smooth quest line. ^^

Loved this mode dude! Congrats for the job well done!

Just one thing: Have u ever thought on making different textures for the roots related to the level of spriggan growth? It would be awesome!

Think about it: In the earlier stages of the contamination u could even wear clothes over the roots in an atempt to hide then and so...

Anyways, thank you for this great mod and sorry for my english. Its not my native..

Installing it in mid-game, or after completing Dibella's quest, has not been fully tested.  However, it should work.

The initial condition for the quest is a Story Manager 'change location' event after the character gets the Agent of Dibella reward.  So if the character already has that perk, or gains it via console, then moving around Skyrim a bit and then going to sleep should be enough to  trigger the intro scene.  To check status, try 'sqv spriggan_introquest' in the console.

However, if Broken Tower has not already been cleared (as it would be, in the course of the Dibella quest), you might find hostile locals interfering.  Likewise, if you cleared it 30 days ago and it has respawned.

Edit: Also note, the quest intro will not start if the character is wearing a chastity device, armbinder, or gag.  Devious collars or cuffs shouldn't pose any problem.

To be sure, - as I finished the Debella quest long ago - I went and cleared broken Tower rebout... I was running dangerous nights, after being raped by a few horses and strangers everytime I slept, So I wised up and turned it off... SD+ is still in my mix too... should be the only thing interrupting sleeping now. 

Anyway, still can't seem to trigger the intro.... 

Am showing on sqv

Quest state.....

Enabled              Yes

State                   Running

Current Stage     0

Priority               50

No log snippet (around a sleep event), nothing I can tell you that hasn't already been covered above.

Hmmm....

[07/15/2014 - 12:03:58AM] ERROR: Unable to call GetOwningQuest - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
[<NULL alias> (0) on <NULL quest> (00000000)].Spriggan_IntroPlayerScr.GetOwningQuest() - "<native>" Line ?
[<NULL alias> (0) on <NULL quest> (00000000)].Spriggan_IntroPlayerScr.OnSleepStop() - "Spriggan_IntroPlayerScr.psc" Line 23
[07/15/2014 - 12:03:58AM] [Zad]: OnSleepStop()
[07/15/2014 - 12:03:58AM] ERROR: Cannot call IsRunning() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[<NULL alias> (0) on <NULL quest> (00000000)].Spriggan_IntroPlayerScr.OnSleepStop() - "Spriggan_IntroPlayerScr.psc" Line 23
[07/15/2014 - 12:03:58AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp1"
stack:
[07/15/2014 - 12:03:58AM] ERROR: Cannot call value() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[<NULL alias> (0) on <NULL quest> (00000000)].Spriggan_PlayerScr.OnSleepStop() - "Spriggan_PlayerScr.psc" Line 135
[07/15/2014 - 12:03:58AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp32"
stack:
[<NULL alias> (0) on <NULL quest> (00000000)].Spriggan_PlayerScr.OnSleepStop() - "Spriggan_PlayerScr.psc" Line 135
[07/15/2014 - 12:03:58AM] Spriggans: player sleep event
[07/15/2014 - 12:03:58AM] [Zad]: CheckAllEvents()
[07/15/2014 - 12:03:58AM] ERROR: Unable to call Dispel - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type

but it looks like....

[07/15/2014 - 12:03:58AM] Spriggans: player is busy with Sanguine, skip tonight.

he's such a pain in the arse .... cause is like every other night loads her with spunk. Even when he does not take her to Dream land... the later rare and usually in combat.

but... am neither Spriggan Infected nor Enslaved so?

;; Also check Sanguine's Debauchery for potential conflicts:
int SanguineSpriggan = StorageUtil.GetIntValue(Game.GetPlayer(), "_SD_iSprigganInfected")
int SanguineEnslaved = StorageUtil.GetIntValue(Game.GetPlayer(), "_SD_iEnslaved")
if ( SanguineSpriggan > 0 || SanguineEnslaved > 0 )
            Debug.Trace( "Spriggans: player is busy with Sanguine, skip tonight." )
return
endIf

why do I get

"[07/15/2014 - 12:42:17AM] Spriggans: player is busy with Sanguine, skip tonight."

repeatedly? Is it because they're null?

Oh I suppose I can go out and get enslaved again and see what those values become? And then escape and see what happens to them after,

I cannot start this quest either. Although on console it says the quest is enabled, stage 0, priority 50(I don't understand this part really).  I finished the DBH questline long before I adeed any SL mod. (Which was.. around three days ago. I finished said questline a month ago). Sadly I cannot give a papyrus log so that's out the window. However I did install your other mod Angrim's apprentice along with this mod and finished Angrim's quest line first. (Also did the dibella quest for this mod.) So is it possible that this mod and Angrim's are not compatible? other than that, I am running SD+ but have never gotten enslaved, nor activated the flowering spriggan quest. (Also finished a night to remember before installing both these mods so I don't think that should be a problem. However I can be wrong.)

Is there a way, console-wise to force it into the intro stage? (I don't want to try making up setstage numbers since I don't like causing my game to ctd. xD Had enough of that on the post Miraak fight. >->' )

Sorry to state the same problem as others and I also apologize for not being able to give a log.

in your games directory ... i.e. .../My Games/Skyrim/  

There will be a "Skyrim.ini"  on that file you just edit these to look like 

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

Normally these values are 0

bEnableLogging=0
bEnableTrace=0
bLoadDebugInformation=0

... as running a continual log will bog the box down over time...

Anyway, Then you run the game and... In that same ".../My Games/Skyrim/" directory will be a "Log" directory you may find the .log files in afterwords.

@eflat0: I'm confused.  You talk about the Sanguine exclusions, but your log snippet is full of messages that indicate that the 'sleep' events are being checked on quests that seem to be defunct (GetOwningQuest is failing).  I don't see the 'busy with Sanguine' log message, at least not in the context of the whole sleep event. 

Aside from that weirdness, is it possible that SD+ is not resetting those StorageUtil values to zero properly?  If you feel up to a bit of minor script surgery, you might add some 'Debug.Trace' messages to actually print out the values you got back from StorageUtil.

@eflat0: I'm confused.  You talk about the Sanguine exclusions, but your log snippet is full of messages that indicate that the 'sleep' events are being checked on quests that seem to be defunct (GetOwningQuest is failing).  I don't see the 'busy with Sanguine' log message, at least not in the context of the whole sleep event. 

Aside from that weirdness, is it possible that SD+ is not resetting those StorageUtil values to zero properly?  If you feel up to a bit of minor script surgery, you might add some 'Debug.Trace' messages to actually print out the values you got back from StorageUtil.

I do get the message... This is from the log

[07/15/2014 - 01:15:21AM] Spriggans: player is busy with Sanguine, skip tonight. 

I receive it every time I sleep. So, I purposely went off and got enslaved and un-enslaved? again... couple things to note, am faction with the mistwatch tower bandits,,, was factioned with spriggans temporarily - had done SD+'s spriggan quest.

I do not know if Sanquine intervention somehow leaves the value set... I remember I once escaped captivity while enslaved, by going  to sleep - he called me to dream world and returned me somewhere else, a guard undid my bonds when I was walking into Falkrieth, But that is why I went through getting enslaved again and escaping as I said,

[07/15/2014 - 01:15:20AM] -- SexLab -- NOTICE: ValidateActor(Fjona North-Wind) -- TRUE -- Cache HIT

[07/15/2014 - 01:15:20AM] ERROR: Unable to call GetTimeElapsed - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type

stack:

[alias _SDRA_slave on quest _SD_enslavement (3700182D)]._sdras_slave.OnUpdate() - "_SDRAS_slave.psc" Line ?

[07/15/2014 - 01:15:20AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp118"

stack:

[alias _SDRA_slave on quest _SD_enslavement (3700182D)]._sdras_slave.OnUpdate() - "_SDRAS_slave.psc" Line ?

[07/15/2014 - 01:15:21AM] ERROR: Unable to call GetTimeElapsed - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type

stack:

[07/15/2014 - 01:15:21AM] Spriggans: player is busy with Sanguine, skip tonight.

Those 'SDRA' errors sure look like SD+ thinks you're involved in an enslavement 'quest'.  In which case, the message from the Spriggans mod is 100% correct.

Except she is not currently enslaved... nor in any enslaved actions. The enslaved quest is not active atm, as you may see.

post-449004-0-97441800-1405512791_thumb.jpg

.... but what I am thinking is that those enslavement values being checked by Spriggan_IntroPlayerScr are left set when she left enslavement by joining her slaver's faction to get out of enslavement.

Which seems quite possible because SD+ does not clean up values after being enslaved as it wants to give you time to leave the slavers - usually aggressive npc's - area. 

i.e. The global values still are _SD_const_demerits = -60 and  _SD_demerits = -88 even after she's been released from slavery, Which was actually many weeks ago in game-time. i.e. she's done about ten vanilla quests and spent a two weeks on vacation with her wife... spent time prostituting at inns...  and then some since her last enslavement and are still _SD_const_demerits = -60 and  _SD_demerits = -88. So it's obvious SD+ does not do very good housekeeping,

I do not know if values Spriggan_IntroPlayerScr use are really  a reliable check then?

It seems SD clears the enslaved quest but I'm not very sure it cleans up everything related as I'm showing here.

So... I'm thinking I may have to console a "slave collar" onto her (she does not have one it was removed when her last mistress left her go) and then "ask for a strong hand" to get enslaved again and then run away from the slaver to see if those values then change?

Hi, I have a problem where I crash whenever I try to enter the final room of broken tower redoubt. It's after being infected by sprigganism, I've shaved off all the rootlets, got the 3 day immunity thing and decided to try and get my gear back. No dice.

Would greatly appreciate help since I was stupid enough to save after starting the quest and haven't got backups.

Edit: Using the console command tai solves the crash.

Those 'SDRA' errors sure look like SD+ thinks you're involved in an enslavement 'quest'.  In which case, the message from the Spriggans mod is 100% correct.

Except she is not currently enslaved... nor in any enslaved actions. The enslaved quest is not active atm, as you may see.

.... but what I am thinking is that those enslavement values being checked by Spriggan_IntroPlayerScr are left set when she left enslavement by joining her slaver's faction to get out of enslavement.

Which seems quite possible because SD+ does not clean up values after being enslaved as it wants to give you time to leave the slavers - usually aggressive npc's - area. 

i.e. The global values still are _SD_const_demerits = -60 and  _SD_demerits = -88 even after she's been released from slavery, Which was actually many weeks ago in game-time. i.e. she's done about ten vanilla quests and spent a two weeks on vacation with her wife... spent time prostituting at inns...  and then some since her last enslavement and are still _SD_const_demerits = -60 and  _SD_demerits = -88. So it's obvious SD+ does not do very good housekeeping,

I do not know if values Spriggan_IntroPlayerScr use are really  a reliable check then?

It seems SD clears the enslaved quest but I'm not very sure it cleans up everything related as I'm showing here.

So... I'm thinking I may have to console a "slave collar" onto her (she does not have one it was removed when her last mistress left her go) and then "ask for a strong hand" to get enslaved again and then run away from the slaver to see if those values then change?

and the result after being "enslaved" again and escaping via stealing the key from my master, killing him, then running away... and sleeping in an empty cave... IS...

[07/16/2014 - 10:04:59AM] -- SexLab -- Import: Animation Profile #1 imported with (101) values...

[07/16/2014 - 10:04:59AM] SexLab Loaded CurrentVerison: 15700

[07/16/2014 - 10:05:02AM] VM is freezing...

[07/16/2014 - 10:05:02AM] VM is frozen

[07/16/2014 - 10:05:04AM] Saving game...

[07/16/2014 - 10:05:04AM] VM is thawing...

[07/16/2014 - 10:05:12AM] [Zad]: OnSleepStop()

[07/16/2014 - 10:05:12AM] Spriggans: player sleep event

[07/16/2014 - 10:05:12AM] [Zad]: CheckAllEvents()

[07/16/2014 - 10:05:12AM] [Zad]: ZadNpc::OnUpdateGameTime()

[07/16/2014 - 10:05:12AM] ERROR: Unable to call GetTimeElapsed - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type

stack:

[07/16/2014 - 10:05:12AM] Spriggans: player is busy with Sanguine, skip tonight.

[07/16/2014 - 10:05:12AM] ERROR: Unable to call GetTimeElapsed - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type

stack:

... which stands to reason. I think SD+ does not clear the variable "_SD_iEnslaved" after your initial enslavement maybe as a sign that Sanguine "owns you"? 

I will also note the global... _SD_const_demerits = -30 and  _SD_demerits = 2   reflect my last enslavement.

BUT... I am no longer enslaved yet it is quite apparent  SD+ does not seem to "Housekeep" these player values resetting them, it only clears the "Enslaved" and "Flowering Spriggan" Quest flags... as you may see

post-449004-0-38569300-1405521868_thumb.jpg

Which means I cannot start Sacrificial Spriggan after I've started SD+ quest-lines?

I am not sure I may give a recommend for this to play nice with SD+ or even suggest advice but I would run  the spriggan_introplayerscr.psc check 

;; Also check Sanguine's Debauchery for potential conflicts:
int SanguineSpriggan = StorageUtil.GetIntValue(Game.GetPlayer(), "_SD_iSprigganInfected")
int SanguineEnslaved = StorageUtil.GetIntValue(Game.GetPlayer(), "_SD_iEnslaved")
if ( SanguineSpriggan > 0 || SanguineEnslaved > 0 )
    Debug.Trace( "Spriggans: player is busy with Sanguine, skip tonight." )
    return
endIf

not on the "_SD_iSprigganInfected" or "_SD_iEnslaved" values but the quest stage active flags contained within SD+ if the quest is present, I don't know, I suppose he should be clearing them if that's what he claims to use. 

Will be posting this to SD+ thread so he'll knows the issues.

@eflat0: There's a reason why we use StorageUtils to communicate between mods - we don't want them to have hard dependencies on one another.  Depending on quest stages would defeat the purpose.   Hopefully, it is just a bug in SD+ (not clearing flags when they're supposed to be), and Skyrimll will fix it.

@eflat0: There's a reason why we use StorageUtils to communicate between mods - we don't want them to have hard dependencies on one another.  Depending on quest stages would defeat the purpose.   Hopefully, it is just a bug in SD+ (not clearing flags when they're supposed to be), and Skyrimll will fix it.

Well yes I figured that to start... I posted to Skyrimill and he's looking into it.

I think i know how to make this mod compatible With SD+

im not sure if it works 

All you have to do is to use Wrye Bash to make Bashed patch and then use SUM to Merge them all

I'm pretty sure SD+ just is not cleaning things up in every case.... so really should be fixed there.