They do not show up unless you have all 4 pieces of Spriggan armor, so they shouldn't turn up after you're cured.  The odds of attack are 30% by default, when conditions are right, and can be controlled by setting a single variable in console:

set Spriggan_HarvestersChance to 15

would cut the probability in half.

@stobor - Here is a quick solution to a compatibility fix with SD.

If you create flag with papyrusUtil such as this one:

StorageUtil.SetIntValue(Game.GetPlayer(), "_SSPR_iSprigganInfected", 1)

And turn it to 0 or 1 when the armor is off or on, I will be able to catch that and used it to prevent enslavement with other Spriggans.

Same thing on my end, I could create this flag:

StorageUtil.SetIntValue(Game.GetPlayer(), "_SD_iSprigganInfected", 1)

StorageUtil.SetIntValue(Game.GetPlayer(), "_SD_iEnslaved", 1)

and let your mod know if the PC is 1) infected with SD's form of spriggan host and 2) already enslaved to a master (and wearing chains that could interfere with your quest).

Let me know if you are interested. We could fixed compatibility with SD very easily.

@skyrimll: I'll certainly give that some thought.  Another idea I've been toying with is adding a mod event that could be used to trigger this mod's Spriggan infestation from another mod (e.g. a DAYMOYL plugin in general, or SD+ in particular).  That might be a good way to enable alternate intro scenes, while keeping the rest of the mod the same.  Maybe just alter a little dialogue to omit specific references to the scene from Broken Tower...

And since mod events are basically just string literals for SKSE to check, this wouldn't require a hard dependency between the two mods (or even a GetFormFromFile call).

This quest refuses to trigger for me no matter where I sleep, I've tried on old characters with SD+ installed, without it installed, new one and everything in between.
I've tried sleeping in about 20 different dungeons/caves/forts this far and nothing on any of them. Mod installed through NMM and tried the ESP in many different load orders.

Have rescued the girl in all of the saves ofc so I have the "agent of diabella" perk.

Any tips?

I've not touched the dark brotherhood (as in not talked to the kid to kill the orphanage hag) on one save and well into the brotherhoods quests (as way past the initiation quest) on another.

Got Devious Devices 2.7.5, Assets 2.7.5 for CBBE, Zaz animation pack and the Spriggan Armor mod in the requirements section.

When I try typing "getstage Spriggan_IntroQuest" it says "stage 0" and "Setstage Spriggan_IntroQuest 1" does nothing (tried all numbers up to 20).
"player.sqs Spriggan_IntroQuest" does nothing ether, lists no stages.

All other sexlabs mods seem to work perfectly as well. Tried disabling them all aside from the main sexlabs core itself and still nothing.

Existence of the other mods was not the question - if they were missing, you'd have crashes.  The question was: do you have any Devious Devices on your character?  And is the quest enabled and running ('sqv Spriggan_IntroQuest')?  Same question for the Dark Brotherhood entrance quest ('sqv DBEntranceQuest', which will also confirm what stage it is at).

Edit: Also, just for completeness sake - what version of this mod are you running?  One of the old ones had a bug with the DBEntranceQuest check.

Sorry for the late reply, busy day.

Both quests are running.
Spriggan quest is at stage 0 and DB is at stage 20 on my current save.
On a new char where I TP to markarth to get the quest and only do the Dibella quest for the Dibella perk (as in that being the only started quest aside from the main story) it still doesn't work.
Spriggan quest states to be running at stage 0 there as well.

Oh, and I don't have any Devious Devices equipped on my char or in my inventory.

If the quest is running, at stage 0 (the only stage it has), then that is normal.  If DBEntranceQuest is running, and at stage < 200, that will prevent this quest from proceeding.  Other mods that interrupt sleep (e.g. Dangerous Nights) could also interfere.  Upload a zipped Papyrus log covering your newly-started test character (not the one in DBEntranceQuest stage 20) going to sleep in some lonely location.  Look for log lines starting with 'Spriggans'.

Just a quick question:

After bathing in the Eldergleam sanctuary, my inner-spriggan is quiescent for 70 hours... it seem like that's 70 hours of REAL gameplay time, not in-game time. If that's intentional, it means bathing your spriggan to sleep keeps it away for a REALLY long time, effectively reducing the mod's impact on game-play to nothing for quite a while. 

My question is whether this was the intent or whether there's something wrong with my install. If this was the intention, that's easy enough to fix, I just won't bathe in the Eldergleam sanctuary so I can continue to manage my Spriggan-ness as a Vampire / Werewolf alternative. If not, and if Eldergleam bathing is meant to be more of a shorter-term temporary fix, I'll try to figure out what's wrong so I can use the option if I anticipate a lot of time spent in civilized parts of the world. 

Uploaded v1.32, with some compatibility checks to minimize conflicts with Sanguine's Debauchery, and a fix for the duration of the 'Contented Spriggan' effect (from bathing in Eldergleam Sanctuary).  This should be safe to upgrade on an existing save.

I shave off all spriggan roots, bathe in eldergleam sanctuary, immediately go to the place with the guardian spriggan, but it doesn't spawn. The quest arrow just points to a spot on the ground. I tried spawning the guardian spriggan and killing it, but the quest doesnt update. Setting the quest stage to 100 doesn't fix it either.

Is there a specific stage of the quest that will force the scripts to cleanse the infection?

How did you go to the cavern?  Not teleport by 'coc' command, I hope?  The trigger for spawning the guardian Spriggan is outside the cavern, and I'm not 100% certain that fast-travel to that spot would cause it to fire either.  When I tested it, I fast-traveled to Solitude stables and walked from there.

There is not currently a 'setstage' that will force the issue.  I'll move the relevant script command from the Guardian's OnDeath event to the script fragment for stage 100, so that this failsafe will be there in a future version.  But it isn't there now.

I fell in by the entrance from above the first time, I just reloaded and tried walking in from the road but it still didn't spawn. Wolves aren't hostile after shaving everything off, is that supposed to happen?

Well, they might still be non-hostile for other reasons (Voice of the Sky perk, for example).  But no, normally they should be hostile at anything but stage 4 (full Spriggan armor).  That would suggest that something has gotten messed up in this save.

Guest Long John

Could you please add some new animations. Using FNIS (available from Skyrim Nexus) which allows the addition of new animations. It may be possible for you to create custom animations for this modification.

Edited by Long John

Could you please add some new animations. Using FNIS (available from Skyrim Nexus) which allows the addition of new animations. It may be possible for you to create custom animations for this modification.

Feel free to suggest some, but I am utterly hopeless as an animator.

Guest Long John

You could see if there are some growing animations which can be used for Spriggans one potential source,

check with SD and/or SD+ (to see if you can get permission from the authors to use some or if they could be modified).

Alternatively you could see if any of the animators on the forum could help with some custom animations.

• 2 weeks later...

How did you go to the cavern?  Not teleport by 'coc' command, I hope?  The trigger for spawning the guardian Spriggan is outside the cavern, and I'm not 100% certain that fast-travel to that spot would cause it to fire either.  When I tested it, I fast-traveled to Solitude stables and walked from there.

There is not currently a 'setstage' that will force the issue.  I'll move the relevant script command from the Guardian's OnDeath event to the script fragment for stage 100, so that this failsafe will be there in a future version.  But it isn't there now.

Where exactly is this trigger. I'm running around the outside of the cave hoping to find it. Everytime I get that green fuzzy feeling I go back in the cave to watch my pc fiddle with her self then I run up to find no guardian and repeat. I keep thinking "This time! This time! This time! This time! This time! This time! This time! This time!" Like a bee trying go through a window. :(