The trigger is a location change event, so it is a fairly broad zone outside the cavern.  If you walked there from, say, the docks then it should be triggering.  If it isn't, something's wrong, but I don't know what.  Wandering around immediately outside won't do much, that whole area is inside the same  location, as far as the game is concerned.

Guys, hate to tell you this, but there's 5 kinds of people on this forum, modlers/animators, "mod" modders, code monkeys, players, trolls, and Cthulhu who counts from 0. With very rare exception, you can pick one of the first three, or any combination of the last three, but that's it. The first three use completely different sets of skills.

AFAIK, stobor is a "mod" modder, stobor takes the stuff other people make, and turns it into something interesting that you can play with in the game. All of the animations here are just the same ones from SD, which are just the basic normal human ones "animators" have made for normal human sex stuff. The only real spriggan specific material anyone has to work with today is the armor someone created, everything else is just a giant heap of imagination and creativity.

I may be wrong, and stobor may turn out to be the patron god of animating, but I'm not holding my breath, though I think he's done a really great job pulling the interesting part of SD out into it's own space. If you really want to see awesome spriggan related animations, please go convince a talented animator with nothing to do to make them for you, or download Blender/Max and try animation yourself.

This was a rather interesting and fun little mod. I do have some suggestions that could potentially expand this mod a bit.

To begin, a way to get the Spriggan armor and abilities back after being completely cured. This ability could just be given to the player after being cured, it would be just a transformation power like how Werewolf or Vampire Lord is. However the player couldn't use the power again to remove the Spriggan Armor, it'll still have to be shaved off by using the Nettlebane and Briar Hearts.

The major differences between having the Spriggan armor forced on you to having it as transformation power after being cured would be lack of the curse and np forced random sex. With no curse the player wouldn't have to worry about the Spriggan armor progressing like with the cursed version from casting spells or just over-time, progressing the armor would be entirely by choice. Perhaps have four different transformation powers, one power would just give you the first level of Spriggan armor plus any asscociated powers with that level while another power could give every piece of armor as well as every ability you'd normally have at that level.

For some downsides in addition to still having to shave off the rootlets when using the transformation powers, restrictions such as the gag effect from having the mask will still be in effect as well. While there wouldn't be forced random sex anymore with the non-cursed version, the player's arousal rate could be increased by 2 or 3 times more than usual so your character would still need to have sex with something often. Hunters and Vigilants would still be hostile to you and Forsworn may still randomly come after you but not as often.

More powers and abilities that Spriggans have based on the level of Spriggan armor you currently have. The Spriggan Spray spell is usable by the player, it just needs some tweaking. The magic effect for Spriggan Spray has no particle effect on the hand like other spells do and the spell itself needs to have a casting perk asscociated with it. The spell also needs to be set to use either hand. All should be doable by just copying the both the magic effect and spell and tweaking both from there. There's actually two versions of Spriggan Spray (three with Dawnguard) that do varying levels of damage. One does 15 poison damage a second, the other 25 while the version from Dawnguard does 35 points of poison damage a second.

You may think the spray spells are powerful however they aren't cheap to cast and they're labeled as poison damage which shouldn't effect the undead. The spray spells could be given to the player starting at the second level of Spriggan armor. The 15 damage/sec version could be given at first then the 25 damage/sec spell could be give at the third level of Spriggan armor. If you want to have Dawnguard as a master then the 35 damage/sec version could be given at the fourth and final level. If you don't want to have Dawnguard as a master then the 15 damage/sec version could be given at level 3 while the 25 damage/sec version would be given at level 4 instead.

Spriggans also get an interesting perk that reduces incoming damage to 10% while self-healing (it's under Perks in the CK, called crSprigganResistDamageWhileRegenerating). Could be an interesting and useful perk to give to the player at the fourth and final level of Spriggan armor.

Sorry if this is messy or inchorent, I'm not the best at explaining things in detail.

On a side note, I had played a short game with this mod plus Druid Essentials and the Wrath of Nature series. all worked well together and was quite fun playing a Druid-type that embraced the Spriggan armor and the powers it gave.

Thanks for the detailed suggestions, though I am unlikely to add a voluntary regrowth any time soon.  The poison spray is a possibility, though I'd create a less powerful version for player characters rather than using any of the vanilla versions.  The Spriggan regen ability would in my opinion be overpowered, so I'm not going to add that.

Another Nexus mod which works well with this is the Nature magic portion of Forgotten Magic Redone.

The trigger is a location change event, so it is a fairly broad zone outside the cavern.  If you walked there from, say, the docks then it should be triggering.  If it isn't, something's wrong, but I don't know what.  Wandering around immediately outside won't do much, that whole area is inside the same  location, as far as the game is concerned.

Thank you for the response. I will try to walk a lot further away from the cave to see if i can get the trigger event but I did clear the cave already. Do you think that would have any effect to the guardian spawning?

I just want to jump in and say this mod is the smoothest experience I've had from anything on this site.  It's good, it's complete, it integrates well into the rest of the game, and it just works.  Very very lore friendly, and I love how it starts, which is something I can't say about a lot of things here.

I really like how you've added an interesting element to gameplay.  The spriggan transformation is clearly somewhat bad (it's worse than my regular armor), and the full transformation makes questing much more challenging... but not too hard.  It also interacts with the Civil War questline (I use CWO) because you can no longer wear faction armor to disguise yourself, so half the map becomes very hostile territory.  I also love how peoples' reactions are tweaked to reflect how weird you look.

For those of us not using fast travel, it creates real dilemmas with briarhearts being on one side of the map (and pretty rare) and the Eldergleam Sanctuary way over on the other.  I did actually find myself questing differently because of the limitations on speaking.

There's only one major suggestion I have.

It's possible to be ready for a growth phase but go a LONG time without it actually happening, if you stay away from civilization.  It might be better if there were more debilitating effects for not triggering growth.  I know magicka regen is disabled, but mods and items can give lots of ways to regenerate magicka other than by waiting so that had little effect on me.

What if you imitated some of the Devious Devices plugs, and had the armor trigger arousal at inconvenient times if the player delays a growth phase for too long?

That's not a bad idea for an extra incentive to get the growth phase over with, though I wouldn't want it to be quite as crippling as the Cursed Plugs in the Devious Forbidden Tome quest (for a mage, anyway).  Personally, I usually find the visual effect (reddish blur) to be a pretty strong incentive, but that can be dispelled (e.g. by certain shouts) so perhaps it isn't enough.  I'll add that to my todo list (post #2).

By the way, at stage 4 (full armor) you have a pretty good chance of encountering a briarheart up to once per day in the Reach and neighboring areas.  So they're not all that rare.  Of course, they come with 3-4 friends, so at low-to-middling levels they're rather hard to kill...

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but having walked/ridden/fast-travelled from Eldergleam Sanctuary to Shadowngreen Cavern I am unable to trigger the appearance of the Spriggan Spirit.  I bathe in the waters, before shaving the rootlets completely, so maybe I should try this the other way around?  I also travel with companions (UFO mod from Nexus), could this be interfering?

That's not a bad idea for an extra incentive to get the growth phase over with, though I wouldn't want it to be quite as crippling as the Cursed Plugs in the Devious Forbidden Tome quest (for a mage, anyway).  Personally, I usually find the visual effect (reddish blur) to be a pretty strong incentive, but that can be dispelled (e.g. by certain shouts) so perhaps it isn't enough.  I'll add that to my todo list (post #2).

By the way, at stage 4 (full armor) you have a pretty good chance of encountering a briarheart up to once per day in the Reach and neighboring areas.  So they're not all that rare.  Of course, they come with 3-4 friends, so at low-to-middling levels they're rather hard to kill...

Oh, I didn't know the blur effect was supposed to stick around.  It always seemed to be kind of temporary to me and I wasn't using any shouts.  I wasn't looking out for anything specific that got rid of it... but I don't remember it disappearing during a fight.  I have things like Death Alternative bleedout/blackout kicking in fairly frequently though.

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but having walked/ridden/fast-travelled from Eldergleam Sanctuary to Shadowngreen Cavern I am unable to trigger the appearance of the Spriggan Spirit.  I bathe in the waters, before shaving the rootlets completely, so maybe I should try this the other way around?  I also travel with companions (UFO mod from Nexus), could this be interfering?

Don't know any reason why UFO would affect it either way.  Is a mystery.

Don't know any reason why UFO would affect it either way.  Is a mystery.

facing the same problem, have UFO installed. Dont think thats the problem though. Is there a way we can force the quest to finish (through setstage). I tried shaving completely and then bathing.. That didnt work as well. Could it otherwise be a load order issue. Maybe UFO loaded after this mod could somehow trigger the problem?

Damn, I'm also seeing the guardian fail to spawn.

Papyrus log says:

[06/19/2014 - 01:11:51PM] Spriggans: player entered Shadowgreen Cavern without cleansing.
[06/19/2014 - 01:11:53PM] Spriggans: player entered Shadowgreen Cavern without cleansing.
[06/19/2014 - 01:12:08PM] Spriggans: being near a Spriggan grove makes your inner Spriggan frisky.

However, I'm damn sure I cleansed and had no Spriggan showing.  I coc'd to Eldergleam Sanctuary, swam, got the blue glow and the message that the spriggan was sleeping.  Then I used coc to the Statue of Meridia, and ran straight to the cave without casting any spells, getting wet, or taking any damage (I used tgm to get past some enemies without using magic).

After clearing the cavern I tried going coc'ing back a second time to cleanse, then coming back to the cavern.  Same log message, tells me I didn't cleanse.

Hi Stobor ! I would like to ask you again if you could write your mod for male too. I did a conversion of Nalim armor to make sure it was possible.

Here's the link if you're interessted, it would be really nice of you ;)

Spriggan Armor for Males

The armor works with a SOS regular body.

It's still a wip only because the mask is not compatible for beast races, and the boots have a few bugs for me. It should be fixed soon though.

For folks having problems with the Guardian Spriggan not spawning: the conditions are:

if ( PlayerRef.HasMagicEffect( Spriggan_SootheEff ) && Spriggan_Stage.Value < 1 )
            Debug.Trace( "Spriggans: player entered Shadowgreen Cavern." )
            GuardianQuestScr.InitGuardian()
        else
            Debug.Trace( "Spriggans: player entered Shadowgreen Cavern without cleansing." )
        endIf

So if you're seeing the latter message in your Papyrus log, it means that either the Spriggan_SootheEff (aka 'Contented Spriggan') has worn off, or the Spriggan_Stage (number of armor pieces) is non-zero.  You should be able to check either of those from the console:

help "Contented Spriggan"

... note the MGEF ID ...

player.hasMagicEffect MGEF_ID

help spriggan_stage

If the problem is the Spriggan_Stage variable, you can set it manually:

set spriggan_stage to 0

So if you're seeing the latter message in your Papyrus log, it means that either the Spriggan_SootheEff (aka 'Contented Spriggan') has worn off, or the Spriggan_Stage (number of armor pieces) is non-zero.  You should be able to check either of those from the console:

help "Contented Spriggan"

... note the MGEF ID ...

player.hasMagicEffect MGEF_ID

help spriggan_stage

If the problem is the Spriggan_Stage variable, you can set it manually:

set spriggan_stage to 0

It looks like bathing in the Eldergleam Sanctuary isn't setting that magic effect on my character.  I get the message that the Spriggan is lulled to sleep, and a blue light shows above my character, but hasMagicEffect returns 0.00.  The spriggan_stage is also 0.00.

Now that I think of it, bathing in the Sanctuary never did seem to prevent growth stages from happening fairly quickly, so it may never have been working for me.

Could it be that we have to wait for a full transformation to happen. Because my PC has not had a full transformation, but I have received the guardian quest and have eliminated all enemies in the shadowgreen cavern except for the guardian spriggan who does not seem to appear...

Could it be that we have to wait for a full transformation to happen. Because my PC has not had a full transformation, but I have received the guardian quest and have eliminated all enemies in the shadowgreen cavern except for the guardian spriggan who does not seem to appear...

No, the conditions for spawning the Guardian Spriggan are exactly (and only) what I posted above.  That's a cut & paste from the script.

I have two questions:

1, How do I bodyslide the armor? I can't seem to find it in bodyslide. If it's even bodyslide compatible, otherwise just say it's not.

2. What happens to your stuff? Is it gone for good? I seem to remember reading something to that effect.

1. The original isn't, but there are bodyslide settings for it available.  I don't recall where I found them though, so I can't provide a link.  Try bodyslide topics here on LL, search around.

2. The hag keeps your stuff.

No, the conditions for spawning the Guardian Spriggan are exactly (and only) what I posted above.  That's a cut & paste from the script.

hmmm... this is most puzzling. Although I dont mind staying in the spriggan outfit and cutting it off every once in a while. However is there a way to force the spriggan out and end the quest through some console commands?

Regards,

ruroken