• 2 weeks later...
Guest Long John

How about the possibility of a bad ending? For an example see the spoiler tag below.

Stuck as a Spriggan for the rest of the game as you have been as full Spriggan for too long. In other words if you make a funny face you could get stuck like it, or the curse has progressed too far. Not enough of your original form left to allow for you to be cured! You can still get revenge but can't cure yourself so have to stay away from civilisation (in game).

An optional additional insult to injury as a consequence of the curse an example:-

The player character's mind could start to go and gradually become more an more like the creature's (vanilla spriggan).

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I started the quest and had the dialogue with Mag (Or whatever the hagraven is called) and my screen gets the purple blur. But the Briarheart doesn't do anything to me and i'm not restricted at all afterwards. Checking my Magic menu showed I was under the effects of the spriggan growth.

I walked outside (after resetting a stuck kneeling animation. and tried to advance the spriggan growth through waiting and console to no effect. I have everything updated and installed that is needed for this. I think this may have to do with Sexlab Submit because after surrenduring to a bandit or what-have-you they knock my character down and do nothing more.

Is there something wrong with Sexlab itself or do I need 'Devious Devices for the Masses' ?

At a guess, your SexLab is out of date or otherwise broken.  Without an error log and mod list (of the dependencies and their versions at least), there's no hope of me debugging it for you.

Well, turns out a MCM 'Clean and Restart' of Zaz and Sexlab did it. Never had that happens before but it figures that it was something simple.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an idea for one final evolution. After getting the mask you can evolve one more time and when you do your heart and your internal organs finally turn into a Taproot and Spriggan organs and you gain even more magical resistance, Fantastic Magicka Regen, your punch attacks are reanimated into Spriggan claw attacks and then fingertips of the claws glow green with spriggan poison which you inflict on each unarmed attack.

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know if it was this mod or Corpse Preparation, but I cant initiate conversation with most people, even after having the requisite materials for 'speech writing' spell, and of course casting it.  A few will interact with me, such as my follower or the blacksmith's apprentice in Markarth, but I cant talk to Ghorza for instance to turn in her book.  Most everybody actually says "Get away from me" when I am nearby.

I will mention that I was carrying the body of a hireling who had died going after Red Eagle, as I was roleplaying returning the body to the Markarth catacombs, only after dumping the body people still wont have anything to do with me.

Edit:

And another thing.  If I'm going to be writing crap out on paper there is NO room for misunderstanding.  There are plenty of actually mute people in the world who get by with paper.  Therefore, the whole 'cast a spell to write' thing should have no bearing on the whole 'talking around the gag' skill mechanic, and as such I shouldn't have to cast the spell in order to attempt to improve the skill.  Issue's involving the writing should be limited to the expressed penalty due to writing with claws, and the question of the character's own literacy.

Not to say that the barter penalty is without merit, as without the ability to speak clearly you lose the initiative as well as the ability to pace your arguments to your advantage.