Seem to e having a problem. I got back from Saathal but I can't complete this stage with Mhoram (just getting the I don't have any books dialogue - go buy some). I tried getting a skill to 30 but still the same thing. Also made sure I had a spell in each school as well

Am I missing something here or do I have a problem (nexus version)?

EDIT:

Found the problem by going back a save.

You have to speak to Mhoram before speaking to the Arch Mage to finish the Saathal mission and getting Hitting the Books.

Definitely needs a better way to handle this, as the waymarker for Mhoram doesn't show and if you complete Saathal and get Hitting the Books it means the mod cannot be advanced.

Hmm...that's odd. I didn't think I had blocks on CDW advancing. I'll look at that, thanks.

conflict with another mod here on nexus... 'devious devices integration' two of the npc's are central to gaining the ability to craft various items required by the mod (and its multitude of other mods)...  the bookshelf still spawns (Hard to get at, as there's another bookshelf ontop of it, but you still can) but.. the quest starting triggers don't trigger anymore, likely overwritten. any chance at a possible fix?

conflict with another mod here on nexus... 'devious devices integration' two of the npc's are central to gaining the ability to craft various items required by the mod (and its multitude of other mods)...  the bookshelf still spawns (Hard to get at, as there's another bookshelf ontop of it, but you still can) but.. the quest starting triggers don't trigger anymore, likely overwritten. any chance at a possible fix?

Sounds like you have Immersive College of Winterhold. It removes DDI's secret bookshelf. you'll have to console the book.

edit: or, apparently, you were able to get to the secret bookshelf. I never could. Anyway, Immersive College is your culprit.

aha. 's a shame. i really like the look and feel of it a lot better. but the quest isn't triggering... that's also immersive college?

I don't think DDI's quest affects the vanilla questline, which is the only way I could think that CDW might affect DDI. Find out DDI's quest name and force start it via the console.

Sounds like you have Immersive College of Winterhold. It removes DDI's secret bookshelf. you'll have to console the book.

edit: or, apparently, you were able to get to the secret bookshelf. I never could. Anyway, Immersive College is your culprit.

Heh... I know that in "console the book" you mean "get the book through console code," but when I first read that I couldn't help but picture my mage sitting in the library, petting and soothing the book. "There there, just because your last reader left you before finishing the last page, doesn't mean it will always be like that. There are plenty more readers out there. Someday you'll find the right one for you."

The secret bookshelf is set in exactly the same spot as the vanilla bookshelf for me... getting to it requires standing at an oblique angle and finding just the right spot to place my cursor to open it.

Heh... I know that in "console the book" you mean "get the book through console code," but when I first read that I couldn't help but picture my mage sitting in the library, petting and soothing the book. "There there, just because your last reader left you before finishing the last page, doesn't mean it will always be like that. There are plenty more readers out there. Someday you'll find the right one for you."

The secret bookshelf is set in exactly the same spot as the vanilla bookshelf for me... getting to it requires standing at an oblique angle and finding just the right spot to place my cursor to open it.

XD

post-155791-0-86815000-1411915104_thumb.jpg

This is one of those brilliant mods that adds a lot to the game, particularly in conjunction with Defeat and the DD mods

I was saving up for my second semester and had a bit of a *cough* accident in Swindlers Den and Deviously Helpless kicked in. After I'd cleared the area I went back to loot up and couldn't find the damned body so was down to my last 50 gold.

Thank you for giving gold some meaning and looting some purpose :)

This is one of those brilliant mods that adds a lot to the game, particularly in conjunction with Defeat and the DD mods

I was saving up for my second semester and had a bit of a *cough* accident in Swindlers Den and Deviously Helpless kicked in. After I'd cleared the area I went back to loot up and couldn't find the damned body so was down to my last 50 gold.

Hehe. Glad to hear you say that. There are some who feel the pay-for-education model is lore-breaking.

Hehe. Glad to hear you say that. There are some who feel the pay-for-education model is lore-breaking.

Well, so is having enough gold pieces in my inventory to purchase the entire world three times over.

It all depends on how you define "lore."

And no, I don't want to actually get into that discussion. I just like to post comments out there that trigger flame wars and then disappear into the night, snickering softly to myself.

Well, nothing you said seems very inflammatory to me. Some feel the college is an everyone-helps-everyone, free-knowledge-sharing commune. I say those people are ignoring basic human (or humanoid, in Skyrim's case) nature. Chacun a son gout.

I definitely agree, having to save up to pay for the next year is a good part of the mod.

"I think that the price is just right..." Nimmi, alteration student, while casting trasmute spells over piles of iron ore ;)

Ha! The entire Tamriel economy is doomed.

It was doomed the instant I downloaded a mod that let me smelt down crafted items back into ingots.

One bandit fort cleared + fifty dead wolves and bears = one thousand iron daggers dumped into the shops in Whiterun.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=209508101

v3.0.0

Just the title of this mod is self-explanatory. This mod gives you the ability to craft gold coins. You don't need any perks what so ever. Further you get your smithing level up, more gold you can craft. You can turn gold ingot into gold coins at any forge throughout Skyrim and you can turn gold ore at any smelter throughtout Skyrim.

NO LEVEL REQUIREMENTS

- 1 Gold Ingot = 180 gold coins.
- 1 Gold Ore = 60 gold coins

SMITHING LEVEL 25

- 1 Gold Ingot = 450 gold coins
- 1 Gold Ore = 150 gold coins.

SMITHING LEVEL 50

- 1 Gold Ingot = 720 gold coins
- 1 Gold Ore = 320 gold coins

SMITHING LEVEL 75

- 1 Gold Ingot = 1000 gold coins
- 1 Gold Ore = 500 gold coins

SMITHING LEVEL 100

- 1 Gold Ingot = 1200 gold coins
- 1 Gold Ore = 720 gold coins

You can make them at any forge or smelter throughout Skyrim. Whether that be at the comfort of your own home or the SkyForge in Whiterun. It doesn't matter.

So match a 100 smithing with the transmute spell and one stop in a iron mine and you'll be able to pay for college and the house in solitude...

Hmmm one mine gives you close to 45 iron ore (the one close to whiterun), and that turns into 45 gold ore with the transute spell book that is in the same mine... and at a 100 smithing that would be 45x720 so 32.4k... so maybe 2 mines and you can own the house in solitude (25k purchase) and pay for all 3 years at the college.

So match a 100 smithing with the transmute spell and one stop in a iron mine and you'll be able to pay for college and the house in solitude...

But why, if someone wants to cheat then just use the console.

Personally I've never seen the point of these mods, the same for playing in God mode. There's no point in playing at all because nothing means anything.

But why, if someone wants to cheat then just use the console.

Personally I've never seen the point of these mods, the same for playing in God mode. There's no point in playing at all because nothing means anything.

I'm not sure it's about cheating... I think it's more about beating the game at its own game, if you will.

The cheat code is there (player.additem f 2147483647) and I've used it a time or two to test things (just get me the damn money already so I can advance to the next semester and see if everything's working)... but for those people who minmax, or people that find loopholes or exploits, or download mods that "break" the game by adding in godly content... I think it's all about becoming master over the game more than just beating it as a god.

It's never appealed to me as a play style, but I tend to think that it's more about exploring the mechanics rather than enjoying the game as the designers intended. And that I do understand.

I dunno... different strokes.

I agree. But I also understand. When I was younger I loved being overpowered and just crushing my way through things. Perhaps we all just have latent anger issues stemming from adolescence and need someone to take them out on before we can really reach maturity. 

Catharsis - it's what's for dinner.

I agree. But I also understand. When I was younger I loved being overpowered and just crushing my way through things. Perhaps we all just have latent anger issues stemming from adolescence and need someone to take them out on before we can really reach maturity. 

Catharsis - it's what's for dinner.

There have been several games I've just turned god mode on and slammed my way through, just for the hell of it.

A lot of times I'll turn on god mode until I get to a certain point and then turn it off, just to play that area/level/whatever.

ex:

I play a lot of Starcraft 2 (single player). I will frequently start a game and turn on god mode then colonize the entire map, building massive defensive fortifications while sticking the enemy in his original starting zone, and cheating the hell out of the game.

After about an hour of setup and building, I'll turn off god mode and let the AI just play against me as I do nothing, just sit there and watch.

I like to pretend that I'm some sort of general hearing battle reports as the enemy forces advance and crush my military positions one at a time and there's nothing I can do to reinforce the poor doomed soldiers on the front lines.

So not exactly beating the game, but I think the principle is the same...

Well each to their own, but the point I was getting at was why install a mod that charges you to progress (like CDW) and then install a mod that gives you the gold to pay the first mod, it just seems self defeating to me :)

It works for me because I put in a secret code - every time someone pays Mhoram in the game, 2% of the amount is secretly deducted from the player's bank account and transferred to my Payal. Don't tell anyone and I'll cut you in. ;)

Well each to their own, but the point I was getting at was why install a mod that charges you to progress (like CDW) and then install a mod that gives you the gold to pay the first mod, it just seems self defeating to me :)

It works for me because I put in a secret code - every time someone pays Mhoram in the game, 2% of the amount is secretly deducted from the player's bank account and transferred to my Payal. Don't tell anyone and I'll cut you in. ;)

I was wondering what that part of your code was all about.

And that explains the section of the script that says "if (modem.unplugged) { plug_in(modem) }" and the other part that says "telephone.call(for_pizza)".