encountered a bug:

When you get the staff of magnus and get back to winterhold to defeat ancano, the quest NPC, Attacks ancano before the dialogue start making impossible to continue with the quest (both ancano and eye are invulnerable).

(console /kill on NPC before opening the door prevents it to happens and you can continue the quest regularly)

encountered a bug:

When you get the staff of magnus and get back to winterhold to defeat ancano, the quest NPC, Attacks ancano before the dialogue start making impossible to continue with the quest (both ancano and eye are invulnerable).

(console /kill on NPC before opening the door prevents it to happens and you can continue the quest regularly)

I can confirm that one as well, I just ended up advancing the quest stage via the console.

encountered a bug:

I can confirm that one as well, I just ended up advancing the quest stage via the console.

thats been a problem for awhile supposedly fixed in the newest version but we will have to wait and see for the Sexlab version.

How do I go about updating this mod from 3.3v?

If you're wanting the sexlab version, wait a while... the sexlab version isn't updated yet.

Jfraser, I love ya dearly for these, and thank you for maintaining two different versions of a mod at the same time... but I gotta say, you sure set yourself up for a lot more work that way. :)

Too true. I'm not looking forward to duplicating either the work I did last night or the work I did adding Sexlab animations. Ah well, I'll have to pick one.

Apparently that bastard Mhoram is ignoring his movement package. Sigh.

Might it be easier to keep him permanently in the arcanaeum arcaneum library?

Then rather than having him grab students attention as they walk in the door, you could ensure that students must speak to him before anything else by simply locking the inner gate in the hall of the elements until they speak to him at least once...?

Then rather than having him grab students attention as they walk in the door, you could ensure that students must speak to him before anything else by simply locking the inner gate in the hall of the elements until they speak to him at least once...?

I've thought of that. The only problem is there is a Vanilla script that sends the other students through that door the first time the player enters the college, so it can't be locked at that time. I could put him outside the front door, but it seems strange to have him standing around in the snow. I don't want to add things for him to do there because I don't want it conflicting with mods that change the college.

Did the command RA (Reset Actor) allow him to go on with his package ?

Usualy it fixe all worry of this type, even if it is quite immersion breaking.

Also :

His reference should be made persistent. There is no checkbox for this in the CK, though.

Is his base record flagged as "Unique"? If it isn't, make it so and then edit the reference in some way.

If that doesn't work, get TES5Edit and edit the flags on the reference so that "QuestItem Persistent <and so on>" is checked.

Or you can make a quest with a ReferenceAlias and put him in it. That'll make him persistent too.

I've thought of that. The only problem is there is a Vanilla script that sends the other students through that door the first time the player enters the college, so it can't be locked at that time. I could put him outside the front door, but it seems strange to have him standing around in the snow. I don't want to add things for him to do there because I don't want it conflicting with mods that change the college.

Hmm... is it possible to make the students phase through the gate without unlocking it somehow?

I dunno, I just agree that having him stand outside is kind of  weird, and having him stand in the hall of the elements is leading to problems...

If you really wanted to make more work for yourself, you could make a brand new gatehouse - an interior cell - that separates the bridge and the college, and put him there.

post-462261-0-88835700-1411664724_thumb.jpg

Of course, I don't know if that then will affect certain other quests, like the thieves guild one where Enthir is at the inn, or anyone else who walks back and forth between the college and the town.

BTW - I just tried starting a brand new game, then coc to winterholdcollegehalloftheelements, and all three students are there. They proceed to walk OUT to their dorms and then back IN to the hall of the elements. I wonder if it would be possible to just cut out that part of their vanilla script?

Or you could stick him in the students bunk house...possibly second floor if you are afraid of him stopping the dragonborn on his / her tour.  him being in the hall of elements always felt like he was trying to extort me for cash instead of actually paying to go school. I say this because everyone else is already treating me as a student, and then I run in to this guy demanding money..... Having him be the second person you encounter would me more immersive ( the first person being the person who tests you at the bridge) but as you said... he is out in the cold...

I guess what I am saying is... putting him in the hall of elements doesn't feel right to begin with. I think putting him in the court yard "greeting" people with the demand for money before they can talk to the ...what's her name... the one that gives the tour would be good...

I dunno, Just my thoughts on the whole thing.

I guess what I am saying is... putting him in the hall of elements doesn't feel right to begin with. I think putting him in the court yard "greeting" people with the demand for money before they can talk to the ...what's her name... the one that gives the tour would be good...

Mirabelle is who you're thinking of. I agree though what you are saying makes sense in terms of the flow of the game

Mirabelle is who you're thinking of. I agree though what you are saying makes sense in terms of the flow of the game
I also agree, which is why he is now the first person you meet after Faralda's test. The dialogue has been changed to account for it too - he will now send you on to mirabelle.

I don't want him in the dorms because the player needs to see him before seeing Tolfdir and most people who have played for awhile just skip the tour at this point. He has to be on the line from the gate to the hall of elements.

I also don't want to build new parts to the college because I don't want to interfere with mods that edit the college grounds. That leaves him stuck outside.

I should make him a nord who despises heat so he stays outside as much as possible.

I'll make him naked and rename him Gray Fillibuster.

I'll make him naked and rename him Gray Fillibuster.

As Long as you make him specced for Frost Magic, that will work fine for everyone.

On Another Note...

The Quest seems to be bugged slightly (at least for my first play through) The 'Learn the Expert Spells' stage never seems to complete, although it does allow me to proceed to the 'Get Personal with the Masters' stage (although that didn't complete either, despite Tofdir tellimg me he buggered off at the end of the Main College quest)

And now for something completely different:

After reading about it here I installed Immersive Winterhold, and realize that for many of the instructors, sleeping with them is now redundant/recreational, as the Morning Tutorial classes in IW hand out lots of School specific Skill XP. Perhaps integrating Sky UI, and Adding a Checkbox Flag in the MCM that allows us to indicate the Presence of IW to change the bonus we get from our 'Private Lessons' to a Xp multiplier to gains in that school for a day? 20-25% bonus? Similar to what the Mages Stone hands out, but restricted to a specific School of Magic.

in Parting:

Excellent Mod All round, hope that Mhoram jerk starts behaving (could we sleep with him for a break on our tuition?)

The "Learn the Expert Spells" stage never completing has been reported by a couple of people (including me), so it does seem to be a legitimate problem.

Yeah, I completely revamped all of the stages. Each school of magic has its own tree; the old system doesn't even fire anymore. I thought that wouldn't be a problem. I'll check it again, thanks for the info. :)

edit: I probably just forgot to cap the stage at the beginning of the next stage.

Yeah, I completely revamped all of the stages. Each school of magic has its own tree; the old system doesn't even fire anymore. I thought that wouldn't be a problem. I'll check it again, thanks for the info. :)

edit: I probably just forgot to cap the stage at the beginning of the next stage.

Does this cause any gameplay issues as I'm about to start the College quests, so I'll hold off until the next update if it does (I'm using the nexus version btw)

Seem to e having a problem. I got back from Saathal but I can't complete this stage with Mhoram (just getting the I don't have any books dialogue - go buy some). I tried getting a skill to 30 but still the same thing. Also made sure I had a spell in each school as well

Am I missing something here or do I have a problem (nexus version)?

EDIT:

Found the problem by going back a save.

You have to speak to Mhoram before speaking to the Arch Mage to finish the Saathal mission and getting Hitting the Books.

Definitely needs a better way to handle this, as the waymarker for Mhoram doesn't show and if you complete Saathal and get Hitting the Books it means the mod cannot be advanced.