Yeah I'm playing a paladin alright, a werewolf paladin who's also been a vampire lord (got the transformation still, got both), I'm wearing nothing but daedric artifacts (Ebony Mail, Spellbreaker, Dawnbreaker, Mace of Molag Bal, Ring of Namira, Masque of Clavicus Vile), and I have a hotkeyed rape-button if I run into a really cute looking bandit I'd rather not kill.

There's a lot of different definitions of paladins, from the lawful stupid D&D type, to the more historically accurate type who were not nice guys at all.

Paladin defnition;

noun
any one of the 12 legendary peers or knightly champions in attendance on Charlemagne.
any knightly or heroic champion.
any determined advocate or defender of a noble cause

So I'm the dragonborn, destined to kill Alduin and save the world. Plus I save a lot of ther people, end the civil war, defeat the vampires, vanquish a whole horde of evil bastards in the process. Sound good for knightly or heroic champion who's a defender of a noble cause. And you can bet that none of Chalremagne's kngihts would have said no to some nookie. Maybe not even the unwillign type, depending on what eye you want to look at history with. Other equivalent are the Crusaders, and those were horrible people, fanatics, plunderers, rapists, mass murderers, a whole part of the world has a very different memory of the Crusaders than the west does. It's really just the D&D type of Paladin who's quite as Grail Knight romantic fantasy type, and Elder Scrolls has way too much gray in it for those to fit in perfectly.

Sure.

And the D&D White Knight holy grail type Paladin is the type I like to play.  Just because historically, actual knights were pretty much complete assholes doesn't mean I have to follow in those footsteps when I'm playing. It's a game, we play it for fun.

Entertainingly, I have weird ways of playing. You can read a lot of my Skyrim adventures here: http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/author/elf-princess/and you can laugh at me because I'm ridiculous.

I also tend to side with the Empire during the civil war, but take care to murderkill every Thalmor I come across (because we all know that it's just a matter of time until the Empire does that, so I'm just helping them along). Though even then, when I run into Thalmor on the road, I make sure to stand close to them long enough for them to draw weapons on me.

Because obviously I wouldn't attack them first. That would not be very Paragon of me.

ETA: http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/143757/saddest-skyrim-story-ever-told/This is one of my favorite ridiculous stories about a Skyrim playthrough of mine :P

....http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/140612/died-starvation-skyrim-dont-like-tomatoes/Or then there was the time I died of starvation because I don't like tomatoes. Not "I was playing a character who doesn't like tomatoes". No no. *I* don't like tomatoes.

Thing with Saadia is that even those of us who have done both sides of that several times, there's still not that clear who's in the right. However Saadia claims that she's on the run from assassins from the Aldmeri dominion because she spoke out against them, Hammerfell is basically the only provice that actually managed to kick out the Aldmeri, so if mercenaries were hunting her for that it would have been Thalmor mercenaries. INstead they're Alik'r that claimed she's a former noblewoman who was caught collaborating with the Thalmor, when you complete the quest for Saadia she gives you some of the wealth she managed to sneak out of hammerfell, when you complete the quest for Kemaatu he just captures Saadia and brings her back to Hammerfell. Overall only circumstantial stuff, there's no way to know for absolutely sure, but from this I'd say there's at least a 90 % chance Kemaatu is the one in the right.

On the other hand Saadia is hot, so oops, Kemaatu ended up headless. :P Just claim ignorance after, and make sure to actually use her like a whore and you got all your bases covered.

Same with Ulfric, he may have a point really about the whole situation, but there's a lot of circumstantial stuff, like how he treats non-Nords in his own city, how he slaughtered women and children when he retook Markarth (both Forsworn and Nords, basically if they weren't on Ulfric's side then they were the enemy and had to die), he ordered a massacre at Karthwasten, all in all that puts together than Ulfric just not a nice guy at all. And Skyrim alone would never defeat the Thalmor, but a united Empire could. Note also that you find a Thalmor Dossier on Ulfric outlining him as an asset (dormant and ucooperative, but he's still turned by them), and that the Thalmor wants the civil war in SKyrim to continue ever on, they don't want either side to win.

And of course on the other hand Elisif is smoking hot, so I got myself a Ulfric Stormcloak undead Thall. :P

Well put. 

It's one of the strengths of the Elder Scrolls games that, when the writing is at its best, there's often not a clear Good Guy or Bad Guy. Even the Thalmor, evil bastards that they are, think that destroying the world is a good thing for everyone (because all of Nirn will be able to re-unite with the divine, Elves first). 

Of course, even my True Hero type characters tend to take a nibble of a human heart now and then, strictly to learn its alchemical properties you understand, so I've pretty much accepted that even my Dragonborns who want to be good guys are doing it wrong. :)

Bringing it back to Amorous Adventures, I'm very happy that it's written so that you can be a Good Guy and still play it through. True, when your lovers ask for a commitment you end up telling them that a playa has got to play and moving on, but hey, at least you're honest. 

It's all good. It is not designed for you. :-) Can't please everyone.

Yeah, I'd rather just enable, resurrect her and add her as a follower and/or lover faction. Just like I did with Susanna the Wicked.

Oh, well we may have something that's more your cup of tea coming up. RealCardia had submitted a small unmarked quest for Susanna the Wicked i'll probably put in next update. Once I figure out how to deal with her that is. She's kind of complicated in a way because of how the game handles her while she is alive.

Oh! Susanna is coming? Great. I haven't been here for a while, so thanks again for all your work FoxFingers (and also RealCardia).

I've always thought that Susanna was one of the few nice characters in Windhelm, so I have done a mod to avoid the dead of Susanna (catching the Butcher before he kills her). I don't know if that could help or just the oposite for the development of Susanna's plot in Amorous Adventures... You can use anything you need from there, for Susanna's sake :P

Yeah, I'd rather just enable, resurrect her and add her as a follower and/or lover faction. Just like I did with Susanna the Wicked.

Oh, well we may have something that's more your cup of tea coming up. RealCardia had submitted a small unmarked quest for Susanna the Wicked i'll probably put in next update. Once I figure out how to deal with her that is. She's kind of complicated in a way because of how the game handles her while she is alive.

Oh! Susanna is coming? Great. I haven't been here for a while, so thanks again for all your work FoxFingers (and also RealCardia).

I've always thought that Susanna was one of the few nice characters in Windhelm, so I have done a mod to avoid the dead of Susanna (catching the Butcher before he kills her). I don't know if that could help or just the opossite for the development of Susanna's plot in Amorous Adventures... You can use anything you need from there, for Susanna's sake :P

I had never known that mod existed, but now I'm super happy. Thank you!

hmm i am kinda playing somewhat similar pc charachters as sacremas ;) elisef side naturally and in amorous adventures very gentemanly behavior to lovers and i use eager npc:s and sexlife together to get some bandits XD maybe ill use defeat mod nextime with succubus twins XD . i left defeat this time out and try play vampire overlod who has his own morals ;) nice to ladies and every man unfortunat enough to insult him living nightmare XD .

amorous adventures has come permanent mod to load at my games ever since it was released and i have enjoyed every update in it especially elisef , serana  options to get lover .

I've always thought that Susanna was one of the few nice characters in Windhelm, so I have done a mod to avoid the dead of Susanna (catching the Butcher before he kills her). I don't know if that could help or just the opossite for the development of Susanna's plot in Amorous Adventures... You can use anything you need from there, for Susanna's sake :P

I had never known that mod existed, but now I'm super happy. Thank you!

That's Because It Only Came Out Recently, As In 3 Weeks Ago Recently, But Yeah That Mod Is Awesome!

when i do saadia's quest, i always betray her and then use "placeatme" to make her my lover again :P

I want to bring her back. when I did that quest I chose to give her up too. but now I want her as a lover. I reset the quest, ms08, and set staged it all properly the other way so I killed Kamatu and saved her. but even when I type placeatme 000d7505 or recycle 00d7505 or enable 000d7505 she never appears.  can anyone help?

when i do saadia's quest, i always betray her and then use "placeatme" to make her my lover again :P

I want to bring her back. when I did that quest I chose to give her up too. but now I want her as a lover. I reset the quest, ms08, and set staged it all properly the other way so I killed Kamatu and saved her. but even when I type placeatme 000d7505 or recycle 00d7505 or enable 000d7505 she never appears.  can anyone help?

Placeatme just creates a copy of her. I don't think resetting the quest will work. I never choose to turn her in so I don't know how the game handles her but try loading a save before turning her in, select her in the console, load your actual save and type enable.

moveto player <BaseID> then rez her. That's the original Saadia and not a clon.

Is it specifically Saadia we are talking about? Because, no, there's no way I could do that in most cases. Those quests have long dialogue chains that cement the attitude of the NPC towards the player based on the help provided.

Saadia is kind of a unique case though.

I mean, the cops are after her. She pulls a knife on you. She could be a bad person, you don't know. Some would say she definately is. The whole thing is very Pulp Fiction. I went the the Vincent Vega route on it.

She's a character that could have a seperate option where the character goes full-tilt white knight up front.

If that's the only character we are talking about, then something could be done maybe.

Actually since we are on this topic. I Notice saadia becomes a lover even before you kill the redguards. It would feel more immersive if sexual rewards were only given after you complete their request since it would give a larger incentive to finish them. thats just my suggestion for future add ons :)

Actually since we are on this topic. I Notice saadia becomes a lover even before you kill the redguards. It would feel more immersive if sexual rewards were only given after you complete their request since it would give a larger incentive to finish them. thats just my suggestion for future add ons :)

I think the reason it was implemented this way is to open choice for anyone who will favor Kamatu route.  :P

True, while more appropriate like Aranea has been changed to only become a lover after the Black Star is done, except for using consoles to add factions lover the whole thing we've discussed now with resurrecting her and respawning her after going the Kemaatu way would be harder then. Perhaps better to leave her as she is.

I think the reason it was implemented this way is to open choice for anyone who will favor Kamatu route. :P

That's the thing! Having the cake and being able to eat it devalues the cake in my opinion. Case in point, in mass effect 1, players had to choose between Ashley and Kaiden, the choice made a huge emotional impact because you can't save both of them.

In this case, there are a lot of hints that point saadia was an altmer spy (If I remembered correctly) , thus this force the player to choose between his ethics and his wants and its this choices that make games much more fun imo.

I'm a huge altmer hater but I can't resist that sweet chocolate and that's what makes the gameplay so much enjoyable. The way it makes you reconsider your principles, the way that provokes you is what makes games impactful and personal.

Right, but you are asking for the mod to be changed to fit your feeling of the game, when the only way to exploit and have the cake both ways as of now is to cheat via console. You can still do that after this it'll just take another couple of lines to type. Little point to it then, just don't place her at you, if you don't use console then you lose her as a lover if you turn her in. As for her sleepign with you before you save her, that's just her playing you and trying to stack the odds in the chances you'll help her out rather than turn her in.

Hi Folks,

i have a question, maybe someone here can help me.

I try to install amourus adventures 2.05 via MO. MO show a failure with :

can not open output file C:\blahblahblahblahblah\voice\Sexlab-AmourusAdventures.esp\MaleDarkElf\ButtheNordswantednonofit.fuz

Same with the version 2.04

any idea what's my failure is? Sry for the bad english, 

Hi Folks,

i have a question, maybe someone here can help me.

I try to install amourus adventures 2.05 via MO. MO show a failure with :

can not open output file C:\blahblahblahblahblah\voice\Sexlab-AmourusAdventures.esp\MaleDarkElf\ButtheNordswantednonofit.fuz

Same with the version 2.04

any idea what's my failure is? Sry for the bad english, 

Try deleting these files in the Mod

...\Sound\Voice\SexLab-AmorousAdventures.esp\MaleDarkElf\But the Nords wanted none of it. Couldn't tolerate it. So I wasn't exactly surprised.fuz

...\Sound\Voice\SexLab-AmorousAdventures.esp\MaleDarkElf\\Otherwise, if you bedded her, you'd be dead already.fuz

Seems I accidentally left a couple of edit fragments in when I fuzed.

Anyways, Odd error.  They are not used so should be ignored.

Thanks!

I think the reason it was implemented this way is to open choice for anyone who will favor Kamatu route.  :P

Look at it from Saadia's point of view. For all her tough talk, she's afraid. You could blow her cover, and you're probably heavily armed and armored, with a reputation as a dragon slayer. Versus a fleeing woman armed with a dagger. She knows she can't kill you. So, she offers you sex. Sex before you help her, to show you what she can do for you, and the promise of more sex after. It's a deal humans who desperately need allies have been making forever. 

From her point of view, it's plenty immersive. :)

I think the reason it was implemented this way is to open choice for anyone who will favor Kamatu route. :P

Look at it from Saadia's point of view. For all her tough talk, she's afraid. You could blow her cover, and you're probably heavily armed and armored, with a reputation as a dragon slayer. Versus a fleeing woman armed with a dagger. She knows she can't kill you. So, she offers you sex. Sex before you help her, to show you what she can do for you, and the promise of more sex after. It's a deal humans who desperately need allies have been making forever.

From her point of view, it's plenty immersive. :)

Yea that was what I thought would be ideal. You get to have sex with her one time, the next time you can ask for it succesfully is only after you have killed off the red guards

I just thought It was immersion breaking which goes against the grain of the way other quests in this mod was made.

at the end of the day though the quest was still handled very well so its constructive feedback and I'm happy just to see updates to this mod

Thank you for your hardwork!

Lydia is acting weird, she randomly leaves me after a fight ends and sometimes attacks me while fighting other enemies.

I used the option to reset her in AFT, did some quests and went to Breezhome to recruit her again. Turns out she wasn't inside. For some reason she thinks the Abandoned Shack is her home, I found her there using the player.moveto command.

What could cause these problems, I have no mod that alters her besides this one.

The random leaving and attacking me may be caused by a lot of things but what could change her default home? If it's not this mod then I have to do some deeper look into my load order.

Lydia is acting weird, she randomly leaves me after a fight ends and sometimes attacks me while fighting other enemies.

I used the option to reset her in AFT, did some quests and went to Breezhome to recruit her again. Turns out she wasn't inside. For some reason she thinks the Abandoned Shack is her home, I found her there using the player.moveto command.

What could cause these problems, I have no mod that alters her besides this one.

The random leaving and attacking me may be caused by a lot of things but what could change her default home? If it's not this mod then I have to do some deeper look into my load order.

This Mod doesn't do anything with followers.  The only this adds to Lydia, specifically, are Hellos, Goodbye's and the standard Lover options.  Your problems are caused by either the Base Game, or another Mod.

But, since you have come here, let's look at the problems and explore the issues you are having with Lydia.

Women are magical, beautiful creatures but also emotional.  It's possible she's upset with you right now.  Have you done something recently to upset her?  Let's look at her behavior.

Lydia is acting weird, she randomly leaves me after a fight ends

Been in that relationship.  I'm afraid the truth is sometimes painful but it's possible she's just not that in to you.  My guess is she liked you but she has decided, at some point, not as a boyfriend.  It's rotten she didn't have the nerve to tell you sooner and more tactfully.  Have you considerd a chastity belt?  I think you can get one of those in the Captured Dreams Shop.  It might help keep her pure while she sorts this out.

and sometimes attacks me while fighting other enemies

Been in that relationship.  If she is questioning you in front of others or being condescending then it is clear she has lost feelings for you.  She is pushing you away.  If you have also become real dependent and clingy - it will actually pushed her away more.

For some reason she thinks the Abandoned Shack is her home

Been in that relationship.  True story.  She was Bi-Polar.  Look, she's trying to find her own space, somewhere where Lydia can just be Lydia without judgement.  Women need their own area where they can just curl up with a good book and a cup of tea and not have to worry about Thanes with the constant chopping up of enemies followed by clicking the Demand Anal love option.  Give the poor girl a break.

What could cause these problems

er... AFT and the base game, perhaps? 

Or maybe it is the relationship itself that is suffocating poor Lydia.  Maybe she just wants to see other Thanes.  Let her go, gently.  And don't stalk her on Facebook, it will only lead to Heartache.

Jordis still loves you, doesn't she?