Lydia is acting weird, she randomly leaves me after a fight ends and sometimes attacks me while fighting other enemies.

I used the option to reset her in AFT, did some quests and went to Breezhome to recruit her again. Turns out she wasn't inside. For some reason she thinks the Abandoned Shack is her home, I found her there using the player.moveto command.

What could cause these problems, I have no mod that alters her besides this one.

The random leaving and attacking me may be caused by a lot of things but what could change her default home? If it's not this mod then I have to do some deeper look into my load order.

This Mod doesn't do anything with followers.  The only this adds to Lydia, specifically, are Hellos, Goodbye's and the standard Lover options.  Your problems are caused by either the Base Game, or another Mod.

But, since you have come here, let's look at the problems and explore the issues you are having with Lydia.

Women are magical, beautiful creatures but also emotional.  It's possible she's upset with you right now.  Have you done something recently to upset her?  Let's look at her behavior.

Lydia is acting weird, she randomly leaves me after a fight ends

Been in that relationship.  I'm afraid the truth is sometimes painful but it's possible she's just not that in to you.  My guess is she liked you but she has decided, at some point, not as a boyfriend.  It's rotten she didn't have the nerve to tell you sooner and more tactfully.  Have you considerd a chastity belt?  I think you can get one of those in the Captured Dreams Shop.  It might help keep her pure while she sorts this out.

and sometimes attacks me while fighting other enemies

Been in that relationship.  If she is questioning you in front of others or being condescending then it is clear she has lost feelings for you.  She is pushing you away.  If you have also become real dependent and clingy - it will actually pushed her away more.

For some reason she thinks the Abandoned Shack is her home

Been in that relationship.  True story.  She was Bi-Polar.  Look, she's trying to find her own space, somewhere where Lydia can just be Lydia without judgement.  Women need their own area where they can just curl up with a good book and a cup of tea and not have to worry about Thanes with the constant chopping up of enemies followed by clicking the Demand Anal love option.  Give the poor girl a break.

What could cause these problems

er... AFT and the base game, perhaps? 

Or maybe it is the relationship itself that is suffocating poor Lydia.  Maybe she just wants to see other Thanes.  Let her go, gently.  And don't stalk her on Facebook, it will only lead to Heartache.

Jordis still loves you, doesn't she?

You're awesome! :D

I haven't got Jordis yet but that's what I'm gonna do.

I absolutely love this mod! It adds a whole new depth to a lot of the companions that you can get, and even a lot of relatively minor NPCs. When I got it, I wasn't expecting epic quest arcs to be involved, but it was a pleasant surprise. :3

That said, I do think that the Dragonborn's personality is wildly inconsistent across different encounters, to the point where it is sometimes offputting. For clarification on what I mean by that, I would turn your attention to Solitude. Possible spoilers ahead, because I don't know how to hide things in a real "spoiler" thingy!

When you begin the quests in Solitude, your interactions with the Queen all have a furtive, subtle tone. At least at first. And that makes sense, because she's the Queen and there are many armed guards with large, scary implements of DOOM standing around, waiting for the chance to behead lecherous adventurers. Then you go find that bard, and your interactions with her are more overt. Openly flirtatious, playful, and fairly respectful. Then after some time, you're sent to talk to that student in the Bard's college. You know, the one that's a virgin and absolutely doesn't want to to have sex with the patrons for money. This time, the Dragonborn suddenly turns into an intoxicated frat boy and proceeds to shame her into giving up her virginity in the douchiest possible way.

I guarantee you, no-one has ever been seduced by the words, "I will bust your cherry -so- hard, girl!"

I might be paraphrasing. I don't know, I was pretty drunk when I did that part of the quest line. But still, that's the gist of it. Forget period appropriate lingo, but why does my passionately pansexual Dragonborn suddenly remind me of all the guys I wish I had never dated? I know, I know. It's a small issue. But it... bothered me.

Anyway, that stuff aside I think its a great mod! I especially enjoyed the questline for Janessa (that Dark Elf in Whiterun)! <3

Yea that was what I thought would be ideal. You get to have sex with her one time, the next time you can ask for it succesfully is only after you have killed off the red guards

I just thought It was immersion breaking which goes against the grain of the way other quests in this mod was made.

at the end of the day though the quest was still handled very well so its constructive feedback and I'm happy just to see updates to this mod

Thank you for your hardwork!

I think you meant to thank FoxFingers for his hardwork. He's the amazingness behind AmorousAdventures. I'm just a rabid fanboy. :)

Anyone got a way to fix thane of solitude quest?. i still not receive a quest to become the thane even thought i have finished all potema quest and A Widow Too Soon.

after Elisif's Tribute, i am able to purchase Proudspire Manor but i still do not receive the dialogue for becoming a thane. Tending the Flames, Jaree-ra quest, sheogorath quest, Scoundrel's Folly all done.

any possible solution available? thanks.

Anyone got a way to fix thane of solitude quest?. i still not receive a quest to become the thane even thought i have finished all potema quest and A Widow Too Soon.

after Elisif's Tribute, i am able to purchase Proudspire Manor but i still do not receive the dialogue for becoming a thane. Tending the Flames, Jaree-ra quest, sheogorath quest, Scoundrel's Folly all done.

This info is available on the front page of the Mod.  Most questions will be answered by looking at the front page or the Walk Throughs.

IMPORTANT: After completing Elisif's Tribute she will have a dialogue option to start the Base Game quest to become Thane of Haafingar http://www.uesp.net/...ne_of_Haafingar

Make sure you get that dialogue option and the quest. It is triggered on Change Location, so if you don't see it in her dialogue options then fast travel to Dragons Bridge or something and back to Solitude and talk to her again.

I was thinking, why of all locations in skyrim, Lydia went to the Abandoned Shack? Is it possible that somehow the data for her default home got lost and she went to the first location in the game alphabetically?

Got me.  Never seen that behavior before, myself.

Thanks!

I absolutely love this mod! It adds a whole new depth to a lot of the companions that you can get, and even a lot of relatively minor NPCs. When I got it, I wasn't expecting epic quest arcs to be involved, but it was a pleasant surprise. :3

That said, I do think that the Dragonborn's personality is wildly inconsistent across different encounters, to the point where it is sometimes offputting. For clarification on what I mean by that, I would turn your attention to Solitude. Possible spoilers ahead, because I don't know how to hide things in a real "spoiler" thingy!

When you begin the quests in Solitude, your interactions with the Queen all have a furtive, subtle tone. At least at first. And that makes sense, because she's the Queen and there are many armed guards with large, scary implements of DOOM standing around, waiting for the chance to behead lecherous adventurers. Then you go find that bard, and your interactions with her are more overt. Openly flirtatious, playful, and fairly respectful. Then after some time, you're sent to talk to that student in the Bard's college. You know, the one that's a virgin and absolutely doesn't want to to have sex with the patrons for money. This time, the Dragonborn suddenly turns into an intoxicated frat boy and proceeds to shame her into giving up her virginity in the douchiest possible way.

I guarantee you, no-one has ever been seduced by the words, "I will bust your cherry -so- hard, girl!"

I might be paraphrasing. I don't know, I was pretty drunk when I did that part of the quest line. But still, that's the gist of it. Forget period appropriate lingo, but why does my passionately pansexual Dragonborn suddenly remind me of all the guys I wish I had never dated? I know, I know. It's a small issue. But it... bothered me.

Anyway, that stuff aside I think its a great mod! I especially enjoyed the questline for Janessa (that Dark Elf in Whiterun)! <3

Thanks for trying the Mod out.

Yeah, it's not really possible to please everyone's sensibilities about everthing.  Everyone has their own complaints about how this or that in the Mod should have been done to fit their view of it.

The pages of the thread are filled with it.  It's too hard, it's too soft, it's funny, I'm offended... on and on.  It's simply not possible to please X thousands of people all the time in a Mod of this size and scope.

My reccomendation to people is to open it up in the Creation Kit and edit it to their tastes if there's something they want to change.

My best case scenario is that Most people will like Most the content Most the time.  That's all I can shoot for.

Thanks!

This mod is a work of art! I absolutely love it. It's completely immersive and one of the best quest mods i've tried so far. Finally i know why Ysolda wants that mammoth tusk so badly ;) . And the voices / voice acting was well done too (however you managed that). It's a shame the other site does not allow content like this. I bet this mod would be widely popular over there, too  :D

This is actually a vanilla issue caused by something that could have happened on an unmodded console game even. Most likely you have a very large quest journal with a lot of quests active right? That's your problem, one of those quests is conflicting with the thane process and stopping the dialogue from appearing, so go out and complete as many of those quests as you can. It's not going to be the big questlines (main quest, guild quest, DLC quest), it's going to be one of the smaller ones, or even the ones in misc category, particularily fetch quests or kill the bandit leader quests. I know because I had the exact problem you have now twice on two playthroughs, and it was the same issue both times, I jsut went out and finished a few more quests, came back periodically and about after 6-7 done quests and the third time I visited her I got the dialogue option to become Thane.

Closing up on the end of Amorous Serana (I had to Blackreach and all of that, we just got the Bow, I'm going to delay things and do Civil War until I've gotten more Burning done), just checking, is there any plans for making Elisif marriable like her final dialogue seemed to indicate (presumably once Civil War is done and Alduin is dead), or should I just go ahead and marry Serana?

Closing up on the end of Amorous Serana (I had to Blackreach and all of that, we just got the Bow, I'm going to delay things and do Civil War until I've gotten more Burning done), just checking, is there any plans for making Elisif marriable like her final dialogue seemed to indicate (presumably once Civil War is done and Alduin is dead), or should I just go ahead and marry Serana?

This Mod won't do anything to make Elisif marriagable. 

If you want to marry Elisif you'd have to get one of those Marry Anyone mods off the Nexus.  You need a Mod to marry Serana as well, so same difference I guess.

I'm pretty tired of modding.  My only plans are to phone in a final content update and call it done.

Thanks!

This Mod won't do anything to make Elisif marriagable. 

If you want to marry Elisif you'd have to get one of those Marry Anyone mods off the Nexus.  You need a Mod to marry Serana as well, so same difference I guess.

I'm pretty tired of modding.  My only plans are to phone in a final content update and call it done.

Thanks!

Why do I suspect that your version of phoning it in will still be way better than what anyone else is doing?

Anyway, let's see if Skyrim vampires are able to enter chapels...

Question about this mod (and sorry if it's been answered before) -- does it make the characters who get romances essential automatically? I have seen the dialog option for turning them essential, but have found a number of occasions where it seems they are already essential without me having invoked that dialog option. Is the option on by default and the dialog turns it off?

(I prefer to not have them be essential to keep the game from being too easy.)

Very good mod, by the way. Thoroughly enjoying it. 

Question about this mod (and sorry if it's been answered before) -- does it make the characters who get romances essential automatically? I have seen the dialog option for turning them essential, but have found a number of occasions where it seems they are already essential without me having invoked that dialog option. Is the option on by default and the dialog turns it off?

(I prefer to not have them be essential to keep the game from being too easy.)

Very good mod, by the way. Thoroughly enjoying it. 

They are essential until you complete their quest.  Then they are not unless you set the Lover Essential option.

However, note that many, many characters are essential in the base game all on their own - or are made essential during the base game until you complete some base game quest.

Also, they can be made Essential by other Mods. 

Thanks!

Many companion overhaul mods like Amazing Follower Tweaks makes all companions essential by default, this in AFT's case can be toggled off in it's dialogue options per character. Some overhauls - notably Requiem - turns this off for not only companions but most other characters as well. Some characters like Elisif and Serana (obviously) and Ysolda and Senna (same reason; daedric quest sets them both essential because they're needed for that, base game does not toggle it off either, same goes with the whole Circle of Companions, but Njada can still die) are already essential. Others like Gerdur, Taarie, Adrienne and such are not however and have to be manually set once their quests are done, all three of these are likely to get killed by vampires or dragons in the course of a game if you don't set them. Others like Sybille, Stylgja and Endaarie never leave their homes and so are safe unless you kill them yourself. With Unoffical Skyrim Patch Camilla might be caught wandering between the Riverwood Trader and Sleeping Giant (without it or with unpatched Bijin Wives she stays in the Trader forever), so make sure to set her essential if you've updated her.

With Unoffical Skyrim Patch Camilla might be caught wandering between the Riverwood Trader and Sleeping Giant (without it or with unpatched Bijin Wives she stays in the Trader forever), so make sure to set her essential if you've updated her.

Bijin Wives has that kind of issue?  Huh.  How would I go about patching it, or finding a patch for it?

Just load up Bijin Wives + Warmaidens + Unofficial patches in TES5Edit, open each girl in BIjin - Non Player Characters, they'll be red. Drag and drop over Ysolda's Belethor Goods part, Lydia's Breezehome sandbox script, Uthgerdt's sandbox script (without it she never goes home, she just stays at the inn getting drunk all day and night), Camilla's sandbox script, and anything else you want. Feel free while you're in there giving Aela a Marksman skill of 75 since she's Expert trainer in Marksmanship (maybe swap out her bow and arrows with Nord Hero while you're at it), same with Njada with Block, etc.

If you're using ASIS or a merge patch or something like PAtchus Maximus or Requiem for the Indifferent make sure to remake those patches, or they'll keep the old values.

I've come across a bit of a quirk with Love and Death in Riften.  Saphire has another quest as you come into town (she's shaking down the stable hand); and on several occasions when I've handled that one first, she took off for the back room of the underground hangout before I got back to her and never came out again.  This made finishing Love and Death impossible without joining the thieves guild.  The last play through I managed to catch her just outside the ratway door; the L&D conversation fired normally, then she went underground.

I'm guessing that Love and Death parks her there after her initial conversation regarding the curse, but that move is being fired without the conversation by the other quest.

This is actually a vanilla issue caused by something that could have happened on an unmodded console game even. Most likely you have a very large quest journal with a lot of quests active right? That's your problem, one of those quests is conflicting with the thane process and stopping the dialogue from appearing, so go out and complete as many of those quests as you can. It's not going to be the big questlines (main quest, guild quest, DLC quest), it's going to be one of the smaller ones, or even the ones in misc category, particularily fetch quests or kill the bandit leader quests. I know because I had the exact problem you have now twice on two playthroughs, and it was the same issue both times, I jsut went out and finished a few more quests, came back periodically and about after 6-7 done quests and the third time I visited her I got the dialogue option to become Thane.

I think some mod may have cause these issues, i still cannot become thane of solitude and now markath also has the same problem.

Farkas and Vilkas Purity quest still not received even though i had done multiple quests for them.I manage to finish up totems of Hircine.

I played an very old save when i am level 25 to become thane of solitude still has the some problem eventhough there is only 3 misc quests. I tried console command setstage favor252 15, apparent it still set to 0. is there any way to become thane via console command?

Below is my quests that i left please help to see which maybe conflicting the thane quest?

http://imgur.com/4M5asi7