problem with nexus?

By the way' date=' does anyone knows why deserts of Anequina was removed?

[/quote']

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1367333-elsweyr-anequina-mod-gone-for-good-this-time/page__view__findpost__p__20647034'>http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1367333-elsweyr-anequina-mod-gone-for-good-this-time/page__view__findpost__p__20647034

Ah. I see that he decided to quit the Nexus but anyone knows why?

By the way' date=' does anyone knows why deserts of Anequina was removed?

[/quote']

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1367333-elsweyr-anequina-mod-gone-for-good-this-time/page__view__findpost__p__20647034

Off topic, but I have the "Elsweyr Deserts of Anequina" mod. It's also on 4shared. I was going to upload it as an additional mirror but I can't find anywhere to take such a big file. I have my own 4shared account but it's been crapping out with big uploads lately. If anyone has a suggestion on a good file host for big files please let me know.

The 4shared link: http://www.4shared.com/rar/uQn1piDW/Elsweyr_Deserts_of_Anequina.html

Just out of curisoity... does this "ban" on mentioning loverslab extend to the BethBoards as well?

No. I just did a search and LL links show up fine.

If you simply create a tinyurl it works on the Nazzus too. for now...

*site not allowed* was what peaked my interest! Others were getting that when trying to type "Loverslab" so were running with "site not allowed" as jokingly referring to LL. But it was a PM that supplied me with the actual name and link to here. Now' date=' you're saying that Nexus even autoblocks it in PM's?

[/quote']

ah yes, I was trying to give a link to here, but then it turns to site not allowed word, it looks like nexus trying to watch everyone PMs now, that's scary now. :)

*site not allowed* was what peaked my interest! Others were getting that when trying to type "Loverslab" so were running with "site not allowed" as jokingly referring to LL. But it was a PM that supplied me with the actual name and link to here. Now' date=' you're saying that Nexus even autoblocks it in PM's?

[/quote']

ah yes, I was trying to give a link to here, but then it turns to site not allowed word, it looks like nexus trying to watch everyone PMs now, that's scary now. :)

Back before my ban from Nexus, I asked about the floating accusation that Nexus will read member PM's:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/582647-do-nexus-admins-read-pms-between-members/

I call that confirmation.

Well what I meant earlier is that Bethboards don't allow discussion of The Engineering Guild (Giskards site for those of you not in the know)' date=' does that pseudo-ban over there apply to loverslab as well?

[/quote']

As I said, I logged in and searched the words "Lovers Lab" and got plenty of uncensored links in return. The thing with Giskard was because he acted like a fruitcake and they didn't want to deal with him.

Well what I meant earlier is that Bethboards don't allow discussion of The Engineering Guild (Giskards site for those of you not in the know)' date=' does that pseudo-ban over there apply to loverslab as well?

[/quote']

Wait isn't he the guy that did that great Kvatch rebuilt mod ?

It's still on the internets ?

Wait isn't he the guy that did that great Kvatch rebuilt mod ?

It's still on the internets ?

Kvatch Aftermath (and more recently Kvatch Rising, though that's still a long time ago.). And yes it still is around on the engineering guild.

Kvatch Rebuilt was created by Zaldiir and was another mod entirely.

A rather common mistake.

Giskard made some rather fantastic mods. His the Elder Council and the Origins of the Mages Guild are just as good as the Kvatch Aftermath mod. The Temple of the One and the Fighters Guild Contracts are pretty good as well.

As to the nexus vs Giskard deal.......I don't know enough info to make any judgment and I intend to remain ignorant in this case! Ignorance after all can be bliss...... :)

As to the nexus vs Giskard deal.......I don't know enough info to make any judgment and I intend to remain ignorant in this case! Ignorance after all can be bliss...... :)

Personally I don't really care, but I refuse to use any of his mods after I tried one of them and was hit with a popup message in the game that basically stated how people who use mods are scum and oh, please donate.

I don't like in-game messages from mod authors as a general rule because it breaks immersion. I especially don't like messages where what is said is just nasty and disrespectful.

Seriously? Got a SS of that?

I did some popups after the quest is done to remind players to deactivate CLS when the story is finished. I did that because even with a clear manual and readme stating that we DO NOT support post quest CLS, some of them were still complaining but there's a gap between doing that and a popup with my paypal account...

I totally agree with you, they break immersion big time but I guess maybe Giskard had his own troll tribe to deal with?

I'm curious about what he did. Although reading those posts I guess he's not so nice...

Cheers!

Seriously? Got a SS of that?

I'd love to be able to prove it to you' date=' but this was years ago when his mods were still on the Nexus. I'm pretty sure it was a (probably really old now) version of that mod where you can become the emperor. It may have been removed from more recent versions. If you don't believe me feel free to find out for yourself, but the attitude in this area of his site pretty much covers what I saw in the popup.

Anyways... /offtopic. Carry on, mon amis.

Actually, I was there when allt his shit started. most of that is because some people on Nexus "Borrowed" his stuff and it went downhill from there, Nexus took the side of the "Borrowers." And he went..thermonuclear.

By borrow, I mean for their own mod.

Yeah I semi remember that too cron, were a number of smaller modders that left at that time too due to that horse shit.

As good as giskard is, I gotta say all those smaller modders were the bigger loss, considering the odds of a few of them teaming up or solo making some great huge mods.

If I remember right, one of the dumber cases I remember, a mod had a edited version of some vanilla clothing, and it got banned for being 'stolen' from some other buggy mod (read: 50 mod dependencies) clothing mod that simply edited most vanilla clothes to have tits and boners protruding.

I was half-tempted to put a pic of the 2011 snarf with a big brother caption underneath, but I just couldn't bring it on myself to compare the little bugger to the Nexus.

I've kept visiting there, and stayed silent, and frankly the place keeps feeling as if the staff has a pistol at your head, just asking for you to even bat an eyelash.

And then there's the fact that they abuse the hell out of the "thou shalt not question the actions of the staff in public, even if it is a legitimate concern. I understand that it's his site and his rules, but Dark0ne does not seem to understand just how much of a cesspool that place seems to be. too big of a community, too few moderators, and said moderators pretend to want to help, but likely just want to swing the banhammer around like a golf club.

I also don't get his used of failure-prone systems like three strikes and zero tolerance. they do not distinguish between the repeat offenders and the people that are just having a bad day. When you have a bad day, you tend to make stupid decisions. The fact that they don't make that sort of distinction seems almost sociopathic to me, and almost looks like a lack of empathy or something to that effect. They don't care about you, just their precious sites. If someone is scouting here for the nexus, send them this thread and let's see if they actually use their heads and lighten up. They seem to think that a tight ship is a good ship, but a tight ship is no good when it's so tight that you can't breathe.

I also don't get his used of failure-prone systems like three strikes and zero tolerance. they do not distinguish between the repeat offenders and the people that are just having a bad day. When you have a bad day' date=' you tend to make stupid decisions. The fact that they don't make that sort of distinction seems almost sociopathic to me, and almost looks like a lack of empathy or something to that effect. They don't care about you, just their precious sites. If someone is scouting here for the nexus, send them this thread and let's see if they actually use their heads and lighten up. They seem to think that a tight ship is a good ship, but a tight ship is no good when it's so tight that you can't breathe.

[/quote']

I like how this description in general is applicable to far more than just the nexus. :)