OUTDATED OFFSPRING PAGE - PLEASE DELETE

Yeah that might work too, I just haven't the time to focus on offspring, it needs so much work, I've got more than I can handle just sorting Prgenancy.

And I sorta lack interest in managing the offspring as I play Pregnancy as an undesired consequence rather than a "add more followers" mod myself :)

Yeah so if anyone wants it go for it, I could then probably look into the Pregnancy end more for recording fathers etc.

@Odessa

Your solution will work but perhaps a little computer consuming and solve only ne name problem, I think a more global way may be better to manage completly the offsprings.

Remember I did give a try on this thread . I will not continue for now cause I work on SS3 and it is too heavy to do with SPv3 as it is for now, but it can give some tips for modders.

If you want a mod (or many) managing completly the offpsprings their creation MUST be isolated in SPv3 and for now there are 2 problems :

• The children creation is done by a placeAtMe in the middle of bigs scripts (at least 6) for each races and if you patch these script, any update of these scripts in future versions of SP break your mod.
  • You must have SexoutPreg as a master just to intercept the 'placeAtMe'. Let childre live alone !!! :P

The solution I did use was replacing the 'placeAtMe' by a function call :

set theChildTypeIDidChoose to ....................
set myNewChild to mother.placeAtMe theChildTypeIDidChoose

replaced by :

;set theChildTypeIDidChoose to ....................
let theChildTypeIDidChoose := call giveMeAChildRef mother apple theChildTypeIDidChoose
;set mother.placeAtMe theChildTypeIDidChoose
---------------
scn giveMeAChildRef
ref rMother
ref rFather
ref rChildTypeByDefault
ref rNewChild

begin function { rMother rFather rChildTypeByDefault}
   if rFather==apple
      set rFather to playerRef
   endif
   ;-------------------------------------------------------------- Create a child

;Original version in SPv3
   set rNewChild to rMother.placeAtMe rChildTypeByDefault

;-------------------------------------------------------------- Create a child 
   setFunctionReturn rNewChild
end

So, your mod need only to intercept and modify the new function and do what it want on the child creation.

If you need something added to the birthing scripts in Pregnancy for Offspring, just let me know what you want added, that I can do.

Also most of the time it's actually adding the baby to inventory as I found PlaceAtMe often drops them below the ground somewhere.

Halstrom I did speak of the offsprings poping, not the birth of the babies, this part is perfect with the baby on the back of the mother ;)

Ah sorry got confused, I could move all the scripts for Babies into Offspring too, that would give SexoutOffSpring complete control from birthing, not sure why I haven't done it already.

Hmm I have done it already, it's been that way for a while I think, The egg/larve/baby is a SCR asset that Pregnancy just adds to the mothers inventory, there are scripts in SexoutOffspring for each baby type so if anyone want's to add naming offspring into SexoutOffSpring they can do so, I don't think there were any changes in the baby scripts between the stable and current beta in the Pregnancy beta thread but either way it's there for anyone who wants to give it a go as well as fixing offspring to follow, trade, patrol etc, I just can't get them to work, I am near useless at dialogue and packages by the looks.

I think Strec has already done a lot of this with Hair colors etc and naming for one of his mods as a patch for SexoutOffSpring, looking though it quickly a can't see why it shouldn't be merged in as a part of SexoutOffSpring except I don't know if there is anything in there that would be a problem for people not using his NPC mods.

This is the current beta but it only works with the SCR & Pregnancy betas

Let the parent name them.  I have a script that does just that using setnameex.  I haven't noticed any trouble with it yet.

scn RenameScript

ref rPlayer
ref rMsgA
ref rMsgB
ref rTarget
int bMenu
int sAdded

Begin OnAdd
    set rTarget to GetContainer
    set rPlayer to Player
    set rMsgA to NameMsgA
    set rMsgB to NameMsgB
    SetNameEx "%n" rPlayer rMsgA
    SetNameEx "%n" rTarget rPlayer
    GetPlayerName
    set sAdded to 1
End

Begin GameMode
    if (0 == sAdded)
        Return
    endif

if (1 == bMenu)
        SetNameEx "%n" rPlayer rMsgB
        rTarget.SetActorFullName NameMsgB
        PlayerREF.SetActorFullName NameMsgA
        RemoveMe
    endif
End

Begin MenuMode 1051
    set bMenu to 1
End

NameMsgA/B being a blank message of the same name.  The rename field pops up and the player can type in whatever name they want.

Tried this sort a work but didn't rename the offspring, I think I have messages wrong

post-12141-0-07294800-1417302199_thumb.jpg

Tried this sort a work but didn't rename the offspring, I think I have messages wrong

Roger that.  They must be completely blank.  No title, nothing in the message text, message box checked like you have it, no auto display.  ie. New message, type in the id, hit OK, done.

EDIT: The blank messages are never actually displayed.  They are just used to copy the name around.  The player upon activation, will see the name field pop up just like when they name their char.  It will have the NPCs old name already in the field, just like it does for 'Courier'.  They'll type in the new name, hit OK, done.  The crosshairs should then report the new name.

Edited by t3589

Roger that.  They must be completely blank.  No title, nothing in the message text, message box checked like you have it, no auto display.  ie. New message, type in the id, hit OK, done.

EDIT: The blank messages are never actually displayed.  They are just used to copy the name around.  The player upon activation, will see the name field pop up just like when they name their char.  It will have the NPCs old name already in the field, just like it does for 'Courier'.  They'll type in the new name, hit OK, done.  The crosshairs should then report the new name.

Cool that worked :)
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...