OUTDATED OFFSPRING PAGE - PLEASE DELETE

File Name: OUTDATED OFFSPRING PAGE - PLEASE DELETE

File Submitter: Halstrom

File Submitted: 07 Feb 2014

File Category: Sex Effects

Requires: SexoutCommonResources, SexoutPregnancy

Welcome to Sexout OffSpring

What I have done is split the management of offspring from SexoutPregnancy into it's own ESM. So Pregnancy plops an egg or baby into the world and Offspring manages the growth of the eggs/babies/pups/young/mature Offspring from there onwards. The growth speeds and follower options are still in the Pregnancy MCM menu.

This means other modders have the option to do their own offspring handling for behaviour etc. Or this now gives the option to completely replace Offspring with their own mod. The Offspring eggs, creatures and children etc remain in SCR so this shouldn't effect any mods using them. SexoutOffspring only contains the control scripting and behaviour package stuff. So if you don't install this, or another OffSpring replacement, Offspring will still be born but will not grow or do anything except random sandbox behaviour. Eggs will not hatch. Larve will not grow.

I have made a few improvements to the follower control aspect, but don't have a lot of interest in doing much more with this other than bug fixes.

SexoutOffspring requires SCR and Pregnancy versions 20140124.1 or higher

SexoutOffspring needs to be below SCR & SexoutPregnancy in Load Order so Load Order is

Sexout.esm
SexoutCommonResources.esm
SexoutPregnancyV3.esmSexoutOffSpring.esm
http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/746-sexoutoffspring/[/size]

download.png
Click here to download this file

Are eggs, babies and so produced in the mother's inventory ?

Most of them I think I was having a lot of issues with eggs and babies disappearing when dropped into the world, as far as I remember all babies go straight to the mothers inventory, not sure about all the eggs.

If we don't use offspring, does that cause the birth of mannequins?

LOL, no the offspring will appear as normal because their main assets are SCR, but they won't have any growth or behaviour scripting from Offspring. Eggs will not hatch. Larve will not grow. I think they have default random sandbox wandering.

LOL, no the offspring will appear as normal because their main assets are SCR, but they won't have any growth or behaviour scripting from Offspring. Eggs will not hatch. Larve will not grow. I think they have default random sandbox wandering.

Eggs and larvae that can sandbox?? Inconceivable!!! :lol:

Eggs and larvae that can sandbox?? Inconceivable!!! :lol:

<BOOM> <TISH>

Give that alien +1 internet cookie! :)

Um, yeah only the young Offspring will move :)

I have an idea that might be a nice addition however don't' have any skill to do it. The larvae have "squirm" animations add to them? Perhaps?

Imagine the creepiness of watching some larvae squirming on the grown when dropped...

Perhaps a squirm forward, sidewards, and a one end raising. Three animations that can run randomly. Could cause them to even move from the location they have been dropped. Sort of a sandbox effect...

Did I say creepy?

I have an idea that might be a nice addition however don't' have any skill to do it. The larvae have "squirm" animations add to them? Perhaps?

Imagine the creepiness of watching some larvae squirming on the grown when dropped...

Perhaps a squirm forward, sidewards, and a one end raising. Three animations that can run randomly. Could cause them to even move from the location they have been dropped. Sort of a sandbox effect...

Did I say creepy?

Yeah I got some animations from Sexus already in one of the data packs for larve, just got to get around to trying them.

So this allow us to use another creature mesh like from the monster mod on nexus as the offspring?

Well um that's possible for a modder to do without this, the intention of this is to give other modders the option to change growth and behaviour of Offspring.

so i'm guessing this is for modders?

It'd be cool if there could be a more detailed offspring growth like they will use kid mesh when adolescent and then use the adult mesh when fully grown.

In adolescent stage you can affect what kind of adult they could grow up to be like a merc/bandit/medic/raider/scientist ect.

And they can follow you, can use weapons/armor. Just like a normal companion when fully grown.

Well actually I thought I was using an adult mesh for the mature offspring already.

This is for player use it is a required resource for pregnancy, but if anyone wants to improve it or replace it, they are welcome to do so, I just don't have the time myself to get into doing much more with it other than bugfixes.

Well actually I thought I was using an adult mesh for the mature offspring already.

This is for player use it is a required resource for pregnancy, but if anyone wants to improve it or replace it, they are welcome to do so, I just don't have the time myself to get into doing much more with it other than bugfixes.

I've replaced some of the creature offspring with some others, I don't think I'm aloud to share it unless dogtown gives the ok. Is there a way to have multiple creature meshes for one creature, so that the offspring's mesh is just picked from a "random" pool?

I've replaced some of the creature offspring with some others, I don't think I'm aloud to share it unless dogtown gives the ok. Is there a way to have multiple creature meshes for one creature, so that the offspring's mesh is just picked from a "random" pool?

No unfortunately,  have to create an Offspring for each mesh then add them to the random system, I had planned to do this for dogs and geckos at some stage but there's too many bigger fish to fry.

Could that be added by another mod? If it isn't too difficult I could look into doing it.

If you can't do that in SexoutOffspring I would be very interested by such a mod you would do for SexoutSlavers 2 cause I did plan to do it myself as I've done in SexoutSlavers 1 and it would avoid me to waste time on that.

Not that the solution is very simple and the mod can be done for more than one. If a formlist exists for example in SexoutPregnancy and SexoutSlavers for each race, you just have to add your new NPCs in these lists.

The other solution is to have in your mod a formlist for each race, containing your NPCs, and other mods will be able to access these lists :)

@Halstrom : don't want to make you angry and if this post is missplaced I'll delete it.

Could that be added by another mod? If it isn't too difficult I could look into doing it.

If you can't do that in SexoutOffspring I would be very interested by such a mod you would do for SexoutSlavers 2 cause I did plan to do it myself as I've done in SexoutSlavers 1 and it would avoid me to waste time on that.

Not that the solution is very simple and the mod can be done for more than one. If a formlist exists for example in SexoutPregnancy and SexoutSlavers for each race, you just have to add your new NPCs in these lists.

The other solution is to have in your mod a formlist for each race, containing your NPCs, and other mods will be able to access these lists :)

@Halstrom : don't want to make you angry and if this post is missplaced I'll delete it.

I would be willing to do it, but I'm not sure how.

No, is cool, I could add some formlists into SCR for each race of Offspring so people could work off those, would probably make things a lot more expandable while keeping core pregnancy functional. I'm a bit snowed with RL work for a couple of days but will see if I can get it done over the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

No, is cool, I could add some formlists into SCR for each race of Offspring so people could work off those, would probably make things a lot more expandable while keeping core pregnancy functional. I'm a bit snowed with RL work for a couple of days but will see if I can get it done over the weekend.

There seems to be an issue with bloatfly offspring.

All is fine up to the point where the bloatfly offspring matures. Bloatfly offspring matures into Caucasian Male.

Tried this on a clean save, same result.

This is dangerous to permit other mods to acces directly to lists by race, you'll have many problems like this one if a modder make a mistake.

The solution I'll use in SS2 will be to give access to a temporary list I'll dispatch myself in my lists after some controls.

Did some more testing, results:

Name            ID used        Conception        Offspring    Adult    comment

Rat                000e8e95     O                 O             O           scale needs to be increased, offspring is almost invisible, adults are the size of pups
NightStalker    00156788     O                 -             -         birth animation loops forever
MoleRat            0001cf9f    O                 O             O
Dog                0001cf9c    O                 O             O
Coyote            000e584e    O                 O             O         offspring are dogs, not coyote
Centaur            000e9491    O                 O             X         mature message is displayed, however offspring does not get the (adult) tag in the name
Brahmin            0001cfa2    -                 -             -         unable to test
BigHorner        001445a7    O                 O             O
Cazador            000e584d    O                 O             O
BloatFly        0009189c    O                 O             X         offspring matures into male Caucasian offspring
SporePlant        000fe036    O                 O             O
RadScorpion        00135ba0     O                 O             O
RadRoach        00168d0c    O                 O             O
Mantis            000f3d53    O                 O             O
LakeLurk        00156784    O                 O             O
LakeLurkKing    00145eda    O                 O             O
Gecko            0010cd73    O                 O             O         offspring scale is too small
DeathClaw        0014f42c    O                 O             O
AntWorker        00102aae     O                 O             O
AntSolider        0001cf80     O                 O             O         offspring is worker ant (test sample was small, see queen)
AntQueen        0015e908     O                 O             O         offspring is mixed workers and soldiers
SporeCarrier    000e5860     O                 O             O
Alien            001690ac     -                 -             -         unable to test