OUTDATED OFFSPRING PAGE - PLEASE DELETE

• 2 months later...

I am having a problem the child race that comes after the babby has full growen body size like adult with hieght scale set to 1.0000 for some reason is there a way to fix this? Because just dose not look right with a child head.

Probably not, it depends on why it's broken for you and not others. I'm too busy doing a Pregnancy rewrite at moment to get involved in sorting old bugs out.
  • 1 month later...

I DO love this mod thus far, but I was hoping I could name my offspring rather than just looking at "Hispanic offspring" all the time. I figured out that I could temporarily name them through the command prompt "setname", but it would revert back next time I started the game. I figure this could be a very simple feature to implement, but I don't know what i'm doing. Could someone give me a hand here?

Halstrom perhaps a small script that has say 100 names or so for Male and 100 or so for Female. The names can then be automatically added. Same could be for other creatures in the future. Generic names randomly assigned so long as they don't repeat during a game ( that is unless the first one dies)..

Let the parent name them.  I have a script that does just that using setnameex.  I haven't noticed any trouble with it yet.

scn RenameScript

ref rPlayer
ref rMsgA
ref rMsgB
ref rTarget
int bMenu
int sAdded

Begin OnAdd
    set rTarget to GetContainer
    set rPlayer to Player
    set rMsgA to NameMsgA
    set rMsgB to NameMsgB
    SetNameEx "%n" rPlayer rMsgA
    SetNameEx "%n" rTarget rPlayer
    GetPlayerName
    set sAdded to 1
End

Begin GameMode
    if (0 == sAdded)
        Return
    endif

if (1 == bMenu)
        SetNameEx "%n" rPlayer rMsgB
        rTarget.SetActorFullName NameMsgB
        PlayerREF.SetActorFullName NameMsgA
        RemoveMe
    endif
End

Begin MenuMode 1051
    set bMenu to 1
End

NameMsgA/B being a blank message of the same name.  The rename field pops up and the player can type in whatever name they want.

The only way is to have a mod with nn children if you want nn different children.

It's easy to do but need a lot of time to create the NPC and patch SPv3 for now cause scripts are duplicated for each race. Ideally I dream Halstrom introducing a function call like 'giveMeAChildrenRef { motherrace, fathertrace }' in replacement of the placeAtMe in the scripts :P

For now, as SPv3 dont memorise the parents, parameter for father would be 'null'

Like this, only one function may be to replace in mods which would manage the creation of the children and it would resolve too an other problem, for non-vanilla races. For now all unknow races produces caucasian, if mother is given, mods can manage that on birth.

I too have been waiting a while for tracking parentage.  But lately I've been wondering if it's really needed?  For my purposes, I really only need to track possible fathers.  The mother is the easy part.  My reasoning is, unless you're going to implement some kind of DNA test, does it really need to be more accurate than deductive reasoning?

Depends of your needs. If genetic mother is the NPC having the ova yes it's evident to find. If you want to have a mod with genetic manipulations, you are out.

Secondly, it's very easy to adapt the child face to the parents and if you know the 2 parents it's better, else you can only make it looking like the NPC which did give birth.

Third, for example I play with 'Fallout Character Overhaul' which give a great diversity of faces to the NPC but using new races. When I produce a child after sex between an asian male and an american-african women I get a caucasian child, it breaks the dream a little :D

Let the parent name them.  I have a script that does just that using setnameex.  I haven't noticed any trouble with it yet.

scn RenameScript

ref rPlayer
ref rMsgA
ref rMsgB
ref rTarget
int bMenu
int sAdded

Begin OnAdd
    set rPlayer to Player
    set rMsgA to NameMsgA
    set rMsgB to NameMsgB
    GetPlayerName
    set sAdded to 1
End

Begin GameMode
    if (0 == sAdded)
        Return
    endif

if (1 == bMenu)
        RemoveMe
    endif
End

Begin MenuMode 1051
    set bMenu to 1
End

NameMsgA/B being a blank message of the same name.  The rename field pops up and the player can type in whatever name they want.

So I could just add this to each offsprings script and it would pop up on their first appearance in world?

Pitty their aren't any string commands so I could do "Veronica's kid" etc for NPC's Offspring.

scn RenameScript

ref rPlayer
ref rMsgA
ref rMsgB
ref rTarget
int bMenu
int sAdded

Begin OnAdd
    set rPlayer to Player
    set rMsgA to NameMsgA
    set rMsgB to NameMsgB
    GetPlayerName
    set sAdded to 1
End

Begin GameMode
    if (0 == sAdded)
        Return
    endif

if (1 == bMenu)
        RemoveMe
    endif
End

Begin MenuMode 1051
    set bMenu to 1
End

This has been working for me so far.  I only use it to name generics (I block named NPCs from it).  But I have several renamed NPCs in a few save games and I have yet to see a single dupe, or problem for that matter.

Yes I just attach it to a token and hand it out via dialog.  Maybe a say once dialog? [Name Your Brat]

Third, for example I play with 'Fallout Character Overhaul' which give a great diversity of faces to the NPC but using new races. When I produce a child after sex between an asian male and an american-african women I get a caucasian child, it breaks the dream a little :D

Hmm that shouldn't happen because the childs race is supposed to be randomly determined as either the Father or Mothers race depending on the MCM slider, set at 50% I think.

lol  Good points.  I too use FCO, and would love to see them inherit mixed traits.  Sounds like a ton of work though.  Oblivion did this fairly well (forget which mod, it's been ages).

It's Hiyoko and TamagoClub and it works very well, it's better from day to day.

It's exactly the solution I said, the pregancy manager fire an event asking for a child and other mods send it a ref on a new NPCs they create.

It can be done too in Skyrim (I did) but NVSE don't fire events so the only solution I see is encapsulation in a function that can be replaced by other mods.

The second difference is that OBSE did permit to base form by cloning. In Fallout and Skyrim you can't and you need to have 'nn' forms in a mod to have 'nn' different children.

Hmm that shouldn't happen because the childs race is supposed to be randomly determined as either the Father or Mothers race depending on the MCM slider, set at 50% I think.

In Sexout Preg v3 stable, I think the fertilized ova is determined by this slider at conception and if parent races are unknown the fertilized ova is caucasian. Later the child race is determined by the fertilized ova, or I did miss something?

In Sexout Preg v3 stable, I think the fertilized ova is determined by this slider at conception and if parent races are unknown the fertilized ova is caucasian. Later the child race is determined by the fertilized ova, or I did miss something?

Pretty much so, it hasn't changed for a while, it's still the same in the beta too.

The fertility script decides when to add an unfertilised ova and how many are needed, there is a different Ova for each race, it will add an ova of the mothers race unless the mothers race is unknown in which case it defaults to a Caucasian Ova. I left it open so Ova of other races could be added by some fertilisation experiment if required, as I'm planning to add creature Ova's eventually, Ghouls & Supermutants are already there. A Ghoul race mother should produce Ghoul Ova, and if Mutation is set high enough and Creature Pregnancies are enabled, mothers with high radiation levels could produce Ghoul or SuperMutant Ova too.

The basically there's a slider in MCM set to 50% for Humans, and another set to 80% for Creatures.

The Ova uses those sliders against a 1-100 random number to determine the race of the gestating offspring as the Ova's race or the Winning Sperms Race. Eventually I should be also able to pull the Fathers ref info from the Spunk Array too and store it somehow with the Gestating OffSpring.

So I could just add this to each offsprings script and it would pop up on their first appearance in world?

Pitty their aren't any string commands so I could do "Veronica's kid" etc for NPC's Offspring.

So I can expect this soon then? ATM, it's this naming thing (along with a few other tweaks that need to be made) and gyno chair meshes and animations that I'm waiting on, but that's not you, that prideslayer's burden. 

I'm a bit busy with just getting Pregnancy going again and moving into new house in next 3 weeks, but you are welcome to grab SexoutOffSpring beta from the Pregnancy thread and give it a go, Sexout Offspring is up for adoption if anyone want's it.

I'm a bit busy with just getting Pregnancy going again and moving into new house in next 3 weeks, but you are welcome to grab SexoutOffSpring beta from the Pregnancy thread and give it a go, Sexout Offspring is up for adoption if anyone want's it.

haha! Offspring is up for adoption. 

Jokes aside, I might look into getting geck. Haven't modded before and suppose it would be simple enough.

I think you could workaround multiple names for NPC instances by storing an offspring's name as an NX var, then dynamically change it when you look at them, using a quest script:

ref WhosThis
string_var name

Begin GameMode

let WhosThis := GetCrossHairRef
   if WhosThis
        let name := WhosThis.NX_GetEVSt "Offspring:Name"
        if eval name
            SetNameEx "%z" name, WhosThis
        endif
    endif
End