On a general note, browsing these last pages and the previews ... nice to see you back in business, Dayelyte!

:D  Thanks. 

Now for some bad news. 

The standing draugr holding an inverted partner isn't going to work well.  The biggest issue is that both shoulders on the inverted actor collapse down ( the mesh isn't really designed for this extreme of a position ) and looks completely ridiculous in game.  I don't see a realistic fix for it, so will probably scrap the standing anim and look into another position instead. 

Ahhhh . . . the joys of animating for a game engine :P

On a general note, browsing these last pages and the previews ... nice to see you back in business, Dayelyte!

Now for some bad news. 

The standing draugr holding an inverted partner isn't going to work well.  The biggest issue is that both shoulders on the inverted actor collapse down ( the mesh isn't really designed for this extreme of a position ) and looks completely ridiculous in game.  I don't see a realistic fix for it, so will probably scrap the standing anim and look into another position instead. 

Sorry for being a retard but...can we have a picture of the issue? I, for some reason, can't get the picture in my head and I don't want this idea to go into the shelf so quick. :c

I'll try and do an ingame shot tomorrow so you all can see what I'm talking about.  I just laughed when I saw it :D

( ~5 hours of animating lost for that O.o )

The best way to describe it without a picture is this:

Hold your arms at a forty five degree angle above your head.  Now take your armpit and the top of your shoulder and pinch them together so it's about half as thick as normal.  It looks quite silly :P

Now for some bad news. 

Those new animations look great. Really looking forward to getting my hands on them :blush:

On the shoulder problem: why not place the hands upwards holding on to the legs of the draugr?

Would be a pitty if you had to scrap this stage 2 because it really looks cool and we have nothing looking like this yet!

Chuckle. 

I'm trying to salvage it, but no guarantees on it.   Here's the image I promised to show you all what I refer to:

post-103460-0-67662500-1435761661_thumb.jpg

How about try girl on top or a simple missionary? It's good you're attempting all these crazy ideas but if they do not work out, just go for the simple more functioning poses we'll understand.

Oh I can. . . . but crazy is more fun to do :D

Would a fix be possible by updating the xp32 skeleton? Since it's a player race and not a creature maybe it'd work. I don't recall ragdoll physics producing that type of distortion with dead NPCs though.

Also, maybe a female draugr on male animation. It'd be non-consentual probably much like one with a hag raven. :-)

Just tossing out idea's feel free to ignore them since you might know already it won't work. But what about having her put her arms back and push against his legs. What I mean is her elbows against his knee's roughly and hands on his thighs. Tilting her torso slightly up and away, like she is trying to push herself away or him away that way. I am thinking that would keep the shoulders from distorting possibly.

how about the girl grabbing the draugr's ass... like pushing it in :o

This was the route I'm considering as a fix, though I have to modify the Draugr's knee movements so they don't intersect with her back. 

Would a fix be possible by updating the xp32 skeleton? Since it's a player race and not a creature maybe it'd work. I don't recall ragdoll physics producing that type of distortion with dead NPCs though.

Also, maybe a female draugr on male animation. It'd be non-consentual probably much like one with a hag raven. :-)

The skeleton I'm using is the XP32 skeleton.  For whatever reason, the XPMSE does not play well with meshes in Max.   I've tried CBBE, UNP and even Citrus meshes with the "E" skeleton and something just isn't right there.  The meshes distort like a wet noodle for lack of a better way to describe it.

Yeah I've seen that shoulder issue with quite a few animations, mainly the *cue horror stings* Animated Prostitution animations. *pukes*

But it wouldn't be called Dayelyte's Unnatural Animations if he didn't go for the crazy stuff now would it? :3

The AP animations were some of the first forays into this process.  At the time, it showed what could be done.  Now if we had an animation expert who was a master of all things Max, imagine the possibilites.  The tough part is what you want to do isn't always possible not because of the animators skill, but rather the mesh and / or game engine limitations. 

You would laugh if you saw me during an animating session.  I'll end up standing in my office going through the motions myself to get a mental picture of what it should look like on screen.  Hilarious stuff sometimes. . . . .

Just tossing out idea's feel free to ignore them since you might know already it won't work. But what about having her put her arms back and push against his legs. What I mean is her elbows against his knee's roughly and hands on his thighs. Tilting her torso slightly up and away, like she is trying to push herself away or him away that way. I am thinking that would keep the shoulders from distorting possibly.

As long as the actors hands don't go above their shoulders, ( or too far behind their back ) the mesh usually plays along.  There is a fine line, however, where the mesh looks normal and where it goes all horror film monster on me in a hurry. 

The problem with tilting her torso up too much is it tends to throw the alignments off for other things and can be a bit more complicated than you think.  For example, her feet, the primary COM bone and an IK control point are all position constrained to the Draugr's hands.  This basically means when the Drauger raises his hands by six inches, her body also raises by six inches to match it. 

This normally locks those bones from being moved on their own, but you can assign multiple position constraint targets to them and allow them percentages of movement independent of one another.  ( Fe:  Draugr hands = 100% movement, additional controls 25%, etc ) In other words, while the Draugr's hands move the body, you can still move it independently as well at the risk of throwing off all the alignments you've done . . . .

( Doesn't animation just sound thrilling ?   :|    )

I'll play with various position tweaks to see if this particular stage can be saved or not. 

I really like the first draugr animation. The second one with the shoulder issue is pretty common with Skyrim animation.

Maybe turn the character around so she is facing the draugr with her arms trying to push him away.

Or leave her facing the other way but ANOTHER draugr on his knees pumping her mouth and she is trying to push that one away instead! What could go wrong! :P

You would laugh if you saw me during an animating session.  I'll end up standing in my office going through the motions myself to get a mental picture of what it should look like on screen.  Hilarious stuff sometimes. . . . .

That my friends, is what true devotion looks like

I get it, in the general terms. Thats why I just called it tossing out idea's that might not work. :)

Heh.  Ideas are great.  Sometimes they pan out, sometimes they don't.  But you never know till you try one. :D

i think the draugh animation is great but need to be fixed, maybe more like pound or more like rough rape animation

If you've ever noted any of my previous animations you may have spotted a common theme.  Everything I've done thus far is more or less consensual stuff.  I try to stay on that side of the line if at all possible.  The Draugr animation is already pushing those boundaries so I'm keeping that in mind during its creation. 

Nice looking aimations, They are just perfect for my Femme Werewolf playthrough.

Dumb question though: can i just install these and use Matchmaker to make them play? Does sexlab recognize these?

Thanks.  Unfortunately, I do only the animation part of things as I am not fond of coding. I can do it to some degree, I just hate it.  lol

Some folks will try to replace the existing bear animations with the new ones, but the originals utilize software derived offsets in order to position the actors, whereas mine do not.  Thus, trying to do a drop in replacement will result in major alignment problems.  ( The short answer is SexLab doesn't recognize them yet :D )

You need more nasty critters to use these animations

Dentarr's mod MNC is the only one I'm aware of that currently implements them.  Unless you are comfortable with modifying the SL scripts and generating the behavior files, MNC is about the only option currently.  I am unsure if the bears will ever make it into SL core tbh. 

So I saw this listed as a new feature of SL 1.60 beta "Animations can now be made to use a mix of different creature types." Any plans to make use of this? I have always hoped to see werewolf and real wolf animations or something along those lines. Another idea is 2 person 1 critter animations, maybe using a follower as a foot stool to have your way with a horse :D