I would appreciate your assistance in solving a dilemma I have with Simple Slavery.  First of all, I have the current SKSE, FNIS has been run, I have all of the Devious files, Defeat, Sexlab, well you get the picture.  I manually installed into the data folder of my skyrim, it does show up in the list of mods in my NMM.  However when I have SS activated the game crashes once you get the first screen but before the options to continue/load etc occur.  I have deselected everything and just put the activation in the SS file as well as Skyrim/Update.  Same problem happens.  Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Primed5

Have you tried re-installing through nmm directly instead of manually? also, load order/mod list would be useful to try to help diagnose this. usually when the game crashes on the first screen like that it's because either something was removed, not installed properly or heavily conflicting.

I am not knowledgeableenough to know how to install a mod using NMM without that auto button that lets me do that easily.  Can you direct me to a guide if it is not too much trouble? I used the "purge" function in NMM and now the game comes up with SS activated but it lost alot of files so I have a great deal of rebuilding to do.  

just press the green plus in the top left part of the screen and then pick the mod from wherever you downloaded it (i always save them to my desktop).

post-155791-0-48566200-1481864144_thumb.png

Hello

When pc stands on the platform during the auction, she may walk around and this is... little immersive. How about adding optional choice of locking pc into bdsm furniture for the bidding?

I tried that, nothing happened. I'm not good with working with the Zaz equipmnt. I'm not sure what mod breaks that - usually all control is taken from the player, but sometimes something happens and the player regains control

Hello

When pc stands on the platform during the auction, she may walk around and this is... little immersive. How about adding optional choice of locking pc into bdsm furniture for the bidding?

I tried that, nothing happened. I'm not good with working with the Zaz equipmnt. I'm not sure what mod breaks that - usually all control is taken from the player, but sometimes something happens and the player regains control

oh

So it isn't normal xD

I use Your mod for I don't know how long (3 years perhaps?) and I have always could walk around xD

Typically, when you go to the action because of Defeat, you can't walk around or anything. The last update has that a little wonky, and I am using a combination of DA and Defeat, and am not sure which mod is shunting me to the auction (DA or the Defeat deferred from DA). This is when the double up conversation started and more often than not the ability to walk around as the bidding commences.

I am not sure what you did, but some of the fixes were worth some of the immersion breaking controls (or not having the lack of).

Hello

I always could walk around and interact with stuff though. IIRC zaz items do not restrict the player, or at least they never did for me. So maybe the DDi/DDa/DDx disable some zaz features?

Make sure you have Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice installed

i do along with the other essentials:) I'm using wolfclub, S.L.U.T.S, Captured dreams, and heroine in distress mods.. Like i get to the cell talk to everyone then talk to the guard and he tells me im up next then it teleports me up there and says some dialog, but then just sits there. Its gotten as far as getting one bid before but then nothing. I'm wondering if its cause i have defeat and afterlife. Maby there conflicting with the quest triggers or something? Really new to modding but yeah lol. Also the mod has a great idea of how its suppose to work. I really like how its set up to trigger these other fun mods through it:)

If you're using Nexus manager, it used to have an irritating habit of sometimes not activating plugins after you install mods. I always close and relaunch it just to double check.

I have just had exactly the same issues. It's a bit weird huh.

Hey, man. Devious Framework is reporting the SS auction house as "Temple of Mara" in Riften. This is with V4.6. Just thought that I would pass this along.

yeah, that's because the auction cell is a copy of the Temple of Mara. I thought i changed the name a long time ago, but apparently not. Thanks for letting me know.

Hello

I always could walk around and interact with stuff though. IIRC zaz items do not restrict the player, or at least they never did for me. So maybe the DDi/DDa/DDx disable some zaz features?

could be. I haven't been able to track down the cause because it doesn't happen all the time.

Double post to report that most of the presumed masters are idling in Nightingale Inn, in the basement. That may be why they don't appear near the player?

Anyhow, if the issue still persist why not move the player in the world then do a "placeatme MASTERBASEID" and send a modevent to make sd+ enslave the player?

I am trying to use this mod. Love the concept. 

I have an issue with it; the auction never seems to start. I get to the platform and they say smile for the crowd. Then it just sits there. I checked in console, and it says it got to objective 40. When I manually set it to 120, it completes the quest, but then stays there. Scene never stops. I have tried it with both no linked mods and multiple mods like SLUTS. Same behavior either way. 

Not sure if people are monitoring this still, but would love to get an answer. 

Also, I checked the code, seems ok. Rather simple call branch, so I can't see what could be causing it. Is there any way to turn on debugging to see what it is choking on?

I am trying to use this mod. Love the concept.

I have an issue with it; the auction never seems to start. I get to the platform and they say smile for the crowd. Then it just sits there. I checked in console, and it says it got to objective 40. When I manually set it to 120, it completes the quest, but then stays there. Scene never stops. I have tried it with both no linked mods and multiple mods like SLUTS. Same behavior either way.

Not sure if people are monitoring this still, but would love to get an answer.

Also, I checked the code, seems ok. Rather simple call branch, so I can't see what could be causing it. Is there any way to turn on debugging to see what it is choking on?

make sure you have Fuz ro dah Silent Voice installed. That's the issue 90% of the time.
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update! I went ahead and tried it out with the new SD+ settings, but seem to have encountered a new issue. After the bidding's over, it fades to black with the dialogue windows from this mod, but when I come to it doesn't seem to have handed me over correctly. None of the apparent owners in the area are named appropriately, and I'm still in generic zaz gear with my full inventory (basically, SD+ doesn't seem to have kicked in at all after Simple Slavery completes). I like the idea of what it's trying to do though.

On an unrelated note, something I wouldn't mind seeing is an option to check for possibly ending up with the default/free scenario. Not sure if it really fits the theme of this mod, but I liked the idea of it when I tried it out, and think it could make things interesting if you have the hope and/or fear that you'll be rescued by the freedmen this time. Might not be worth trying to implement which is fine, but I figured I'd go ahead and ask just in case.

Thanks for the update! I went ahead and tried it out with the new SD+ settings, but seem to have encountered a new issue. After the bidding's over, it fades to black with the dialogue windows from this mod, but when I come to it doesn't seem to have handed me over correctly. None of the apparent owners in the area are named appropriately, and I'm still in generic zaz gear with my full inventory (basically, SD+ doesn't seem to have kicked in at all after Simple Slavery completes). I like the idea of what it's trying to do though.

On an unrelated note, something I wouldn't mind seeing is an option to check for possibly ending up with the default/free scenario. Not sure if it really fits the theme of this mod, but I liked the idea of it when I tried it out, and think it could make things interesting if you have the hope and/or fear that you'll be rescued by the freedmen this time. Might not be worth trying to implement which is fine, but I figured I'd go ahead and ask just in case.

I hadn't thought to make that an option, thank you for the suggestion. In my tests, the SD connection only worked on a new game. Which, in retrospect, I should have said in the description. Try a clean save and, if that doesn't work, try on a new game

SD settings: make sure the "start after the Sam quest" option is off and set potential owners to either gender.

I hadn't thought to make that an option, thank you for the suggestion. In my tests, the SD connection only worked on a new game. Which, in retrospect, I should have said in the description. Try a clean save and, if that doesn't work, try on a new game

SD settings: make sure the "start after the Sam quest" option is off and set potential owners to either gender.

Sure enough, I tried it on a new save and it worked just fine! Thanks again. :)

Guest joe5678

Is 4.7 meant to be installed over the top of 4.6 or do you remove 4.6 completely then install 4.7 or remove 4.6 and make a "clean save" then install 4.7?

Thanks!

Is 4.7 meant to be installed over the top of 4.6 or do you remove 4.6 completely then install 4.7 or remove 4.6 and make a "clean save" then install 4.7?

Thanks!

this replaces 4.6. do not try to use both.

Do you know if there are any issues upgrading 4.6 to 4.7 or should this be played in a new game?

the new SD connection does not seem to work on existing saves.

Does that mean I just can update directly, when not using SD+?

a clean save, inasmuch as such a thing truly exists, is always recommended, but it should be safe to upgrade mid-save.