I looked back through a couple of months' postings and didn't see this mentioned, apologies if I've missed the solution.

In a new game with the SLStories Red Wave as the only slavery option installed, using Defeat post assault and the latest version of SS w/ fomod:

everything seems to go just right until I get to the actual auction - I show up in the cage, speak to the guard, he speaks, ftb to move to the 'block' ... and then, nothing. there are bidders, everything seems to be in place, just no bidding.

help and hints appreciated. TIA

The thing about the posters for me is they are some kind of paper which should just fall off the wall when it rains. The posters should be framed and there should even be some kind of imperial seal on the corners in some kind of metal embroidery work as if to say the empire allows such things to happen and considers the auctions legal. The only way to use paper and not worry about rain destroying it would be to have some kind of roofed structure covering some kind of bulletin board thing kind of like a kiosk and people can gather around it as if to show interest or to see what else is posted on the bulletin boards. There could be some other kinds of public messages or propaganda there too related to slavery and slave restraint supplies adverts hey captured dreams shop adverts could go there. Would be nice to have some sex furniture near the kiosk so if the player gets locked into one of them it is even more humiliating and getting locked into one of those things could be an outcome of simple slavery! Instead of being sold off the player is used as a form of advertisement. Maybe put some barker npc there next to the player and at some random time another npc comes along and buys the player from the barker. This barker works for the auction house and they have to clear out slaves that didn't sell for a while.The player could be bought from there or just rented for a one night stand and then let go because some npcs don't want to pay the upkeep for a slave.

I forgot to mention, having this stuff on a bulletin board instead of on some wall means it can be moved around to adjust for other mods that might change the walls or layout of the areas where the posters are used. Now the posters in the auction house can be on the wall sure but anything outside would be better placed on these bulletin boards. Of course don't forget to put some small posters inside on some of the walls at the inns advertising the whore services of each inn saying ask the specific npc or inn owner about a good time etc.

So, did a mockup of one poster, i'm thinking of doing several along this style, let me know your opinions (whoever's looking) at this point anything can be changed.

Auction1.png

Why is the auction guaranteed to be free of disease?  :)

Apologies for being a Grammar Nazi.  Old habits die hard, as when I went to primary school, each evening's spelling etc homework was tested in class next day, and you received a corporal punishment if you made an error.  :(   I never did....

More seriously, I like the style and it into fits the epoch quite nicely.  And it looks reasonably like vellum... so it should last fairly well!  LOL

So, more like that, please.... :)

I looked back through a couple of months' postings and didn't see this mentioned, apologies if I've missed the solution.

In a new game with the SLStories Red Wave as the only slavery option installed, using Defeat post assault and the latest version of SS w/ fomod:

everything seems to go just right until I get to the actual auction - I show up in the cage, speak to the guard, he speaks, ftb to move to the 'block' ... and then, nothing. there are bidders, everything seems to be in place, just no bidding.

help and hints appreciated. TIA

sounds like you don't have Fuz ro do Silent Voice installed. That's been the issue every time that happens.

So, did a mockup of one poster, i'm thinking of doing several along this style, let me know your opinions (whoever's looking) at this point anything can be changed.

Auction1.png

that is bloody amazing. More please! And thanks!

Auction1.png

Thanks for your time and skills, that looks awesome.

A bit of criticism on the slave's features though. Her head seems somewhat too chubby in contrast with the rest of her body, once I noticed it I couldn't unsee it. The jointure between her shoulders are her head also seems a bit off, maybe due to the collar being too high? Otherwise yeah, that's what I'm talking about! Last observation though: people that use paper to advertise goods or events are usually wealthy. Meaning that the paper used shouldn't be torn up (or at least not that much), and at best possess some ornament.

About the rain and paper is that the posters aren't meant to be permanent. It's just a temporary advertisement. If you wanted something that last longer, you'd use another medium. But yeah, you basically take the paper and nail it to some wooden structure.

Exactly because anything like slavery not only being accepted by a large portion or even ALL of the people in skyrim but also not declared illegal or illicit by the empire either just means it is there to stay but was probably something recent that came along after a major event. I like to think that before the dam thalmor defeated the empire that slavery was something only seen in dunmer elf and dark elf lands harking back to oblivion times with ayleid peoples. The lore of elves and thalmor is pretty brutal stuff so it seems natural they started the slavery thing after getting their way with the empire. The emperor just turns a blind eye to it because what can he do anyway and I'm sure they don't mind the money made from buying and selling people. Money the empire needs to recoup and attempt to push out the thalmor later on. Probably makes finding talos worshipers easier too and instead of killing them the elves and whoever else just use them as slaves.

So yeah there should be some fancy display of these adverts here and there it would look much better than some paper thrown on a wall.

Auction1.png

Thanks for your time and skills, that looks awesome.

A bit of criticism on the slave's features though. Her head seems somewhat too chubby in contrast with the rest of her body, once I noticed it I couldn't unsee it. The jointure between her shoulders are her head also seems a bit off, maybe due to the collar being too high? Otherwise yeah, that's what I'm talking about! Last observation though: people that use paper to advertise goods or events are usually wealthy. Meaning that the paper used shouldn't be torn up (or at least not that much), and at best possess some ornament.

About the rain and paper is that the posters aren't meant to be permanent. It's just a temporary advertisement. If you wanted something that last longer, you'd use another medium. But yeah, you basically take the paper and nail it to some wooden structure.

Noted! I was thinking of thinning her face anyway. I'll reduce the tearing of the paper while i'm at it. i got a little tear-happy when i was making the mockup XD

I would appreciate your assistance in solving a dilemma I have with Simple Slavery.  First of all, I have the current SKSE, FNIS has been run, I have all of the Devious files, Defeat, Sexlab, well you get the picture.  I manually installed into the data folder of my skyrim, it does show up in the list of mods in my NMM.  However when I have SS activated the game crashes once you get the first screen but before the options to continue/load etc occur.  I have deselected everything and just put the activation in the SS file as well as Skyrim/Update.  Same problem happens.  Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Primed58

I would appreciate your assistance in solving a dilemma I have with Simple Slavery.  First of all, I have the current SKSE, FNIS has been run, I have all of the Devious files, Defeat, Sexlab, well you get the picture.  I manually installed into the data folder of my skyrim, it does show up in the list of mods in my NMM.  However when I have SS activated the game crashes once you get the first screen but before the options to continue/load etc occur.  I have deselected everything and just put the activation in the SS file as well as Skyrim/Update.  Same problem happens.  Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

Primed5

Have you tried re-installing through nmm directly instead of manually? also, load order/mod list would be useful to try to help diagnose this. usually when the game crashes on the first screen like that it's because either something was removed, not installed properly or heavily conflicting.

Just an after though on the poster thing:

@Halleaon: if you have some skills in calligraphy, it would be nice to get rid of the machine-style text. Like people say: the devil is in the details. Having a modern font on the poster will act as a foreign agent for the most astute mind.

I know that it would just add on your workload, which is why this should considered of low importance.

Just an after though on the poster thing:

@Halleaon: if you have some skills in calligraphy, it would be nice to get rid of the machine-style text. Like people say: the devil is in the details. Having a modern font on the poster will act as a foreign agent for the most astute mind.

I know that it would just add on your workload, which is why this should considered of low importance.

I wish I had calligraphy skills, I have the world's most unreadable handwriting. sometimes I can't even read it lol. I'll try to find a font that looks a bit more old/natural.

Auction1.png

Perhaps some variants with different races (khajiit, argonians) too?

Hey I was thinking, you guys add the auction house barker npcs I talked about earlier in various cities and then with the maria eden mod we can set them as slavers and then with the devious framework mod they will attempt to leash and enslave the player then toss the player in some nearby sex furniture which is already added by devious framework mod.

Thanks in advance

Primed5

Have you tried re-installing through nmm directly instead of manually? also, load order/mod list would be useful to try to help diagnose this. usually when the game crashes on the first screen like that it's because either something was removed, not installed properly or heavily conflicting.

I am not knowledgeableenough to know how to install a mod using NMM without that auto button that lets me do that easily.  Can you direct me to a guide if it is not too much trouble? I used the "purge" function in NMM and now the game comes up with SS activated but it lost alot of files so I have a great deal of rebuilding to do.  

Manually installing mods is super easy just put things in the same folders they came in and remember that everything starts out from the DATA folder so if something from a mod is outside the DATA folder it is probably in the wrong place. ANY .esp file always goes inside the DATA folder even if it is stored outside of that folder from a downloaded mod.