actually i finally narrowed the issue down to sl dialogues - the mod in charge of dialogues with owner in sd

its an issue regardless of gags...

edit:

oh, apparently there's already an update for it i missed- really wish the notification system worked better...

Edited by CliftonJD

Just noticed this in the read-me section, Connecting your mod to Simple Slavery, dose that mean i can add this to the new updated SexLab-Submit 23FEB15 1036.7z, i use Defeat for NPC Vs NPC  and Submit for player, and sorry if this has already been covered my time is very limited online and i try to read as many pages as i can before just giving up and asking questions.

Just noticed this in the read-me section, Connecting your mod to Simple Slavery, dose that mean i can add this to the new updated SexLab-Submit 23FEB15 1036.7z, i use Defeat for NPC Vs NPC and Submit for player, and sorry if this has already been covered my time is very limited online and i try to read as many pages as i can before just giving up and asking questions.

unfortunately, none of the versions of Submit are being supported. In order for it to link to SS, the author of Submit would need to add a modevent connection in Submit. I pm'd Jim awhile back, but never heard back.

To be honest, if you do some mod then go away then have the decency to release your mod to the community or give a proper channel of communication so people can ask if they can take over. (end of random rant).

And back to Simple Slavery.

Would it be possible to change the different advertisement introduced by this mod to something a bit more medieval and immersive? You know, a bit more like the one present in the witcher serie (http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Posters). It would require a bit more pictures, less text and smaller in size so they can be put at eye level.

Beside, those posters do not need to advertise the different holds. Just the ones that they are put in: "Falkreath slave market. Open form 8pm to 4am."

The intent from those posters is to advertise a feature in the current city, to tell the travelers or locals that a new game club opened or exists. Or that a renowned bard is singing in the local tavern. If the traveler don't know where the product is situated, he can still ask the local populace. But since these slavery posters are just for show, it wouldn't hurt to make them a bit prettier and varied :)

So like a great many (all?) people, I am spawning outside the Thalmor Embassy in the freezing cold (with Frostfall on). Not fun.

The solution people are offering is to use the teleport to master key, which someone mentioned is on the SD config menu. As far as I can tell, there is no such key on that menu. There is an 'unstick' and a 'reposition' key under the controls menu, neither of which teleports me to an NPC.

EDIT: figured it out. Sometimes you will spawn and not be flagged as enslaved, which means the hotkey does not have anyone to teleport you to. On my third try it worked, but the key is under SD controls, not SD config (END by default).

So like a great many (all?) people, I am spawning outside the Thalmor Embassy in the freezing cold (with Frostfall on). Not fun.

The solution people are offering is to use the teleport to master key, which someone mentioned is on the SD config menu. As far as I can tell, there is no such key on that menu. There is an 'unstick' and a 'reposition' key, neither of which teleports me to an NPC.

Is your Forstfall up to date? Chesko made rules about character freezing levels. They no longer progressively kill the character.

I have been away from Skyrim LE for some time and only had a brief look at it, but I think you could set custom values from MCM. You should be able to cap the progress, so that it makes your life annoying, but does not actually kill you.

I am currently updating my LE mods here, for a new adult game. I have had my share of SE fun for now and started to miss adult mods.

Content Consumer made those. I have no talent for doing that kind of thing myself. If CC (or you, if you're so inclined) wish to make better ones, I'll be happy to put them in. :)

Sadly I can't draw. So unless somehow know how to doodle slave market related pictures, I'm afraid the posters will stay as they are.

I am sadness :(

Ok, after playing around with the mod today, I have some feedback:

>the opening scene is great, I think there was one typo in one of the dialogues, but I can't even remember what it was so meh, who cares. The posters could be a little more lore-friendly...the color saturation and font stand out a bit awkwardly, imo. Maybe make it look a bit more weathered?

>the spawning by the Thalmor Embassy thing is annoying AF. I understand if this is a work in progress, but after reading the long mod description I don't recall anything mentioning that I should have expected this to happen. If it's a common occurrence, mentioning it up front would save people a lot of hassle trying to figure out what is going wrong.

>when you do manage to spawn into the game, and also a master is spawned for you (about half the time I spawn by embassy and no master to teleport to), your owner will usually just wander around on a road somewhere, not going any place in particular. This makes roleplay a bit awkward, especially if the player is using iNeed, frostfall, or other mods that require them to find food, water, and shelter. It would be much better if these owners were always in cities, encampments, or traveling from one city to another with their slave in tow.

>Also, it would be nice if when telling the owner you are hungry/thirsty/cold/tired, s/he was a tad more willing to give the poor slave some clothing (prisoner rags?), food, or actual water (skooma and ale don't actually remove thirst!) so that their property doesn't just die in front of them. I know I can just deactivate survival mods to avoid these problems, but it would be far more fun to use them all at once. It's great when you are starving and your owner shoves cold cabbage stew down your throat - and it's the best thing you've eaten since you are starving! I suppose this functionality is more in SD+'s court, but I thought I'd mention it.

Ok, after playing around with the mod today, I have some feedback:

>the opening scene is great, I think there was one typo in one of the dialogues, but I can't even remember what it was so meh, who cares. The posters could be a little more lore-friendly...the color saturation and font stand out a bit awkwardly, imo. Maybe make it look a bit more weathered?

>the spawning by the Thalmor Embassy thing is annoying AF. I understand if this is a work in progress, but after reading the long mod description I don't recall anything mentioning that I should have expected this to happen. If it's a common occurrence, mentioning it up front would save people a lot of hassle trying to figure out what is going wrong.

>when you do manage to spawn into the game, and also a master is spawned for you (about half the time I spawn by embassy and no master to teleport to), your owner will usually just wander around on a road somewhere, not going any place in particular. This makes roleplay a bit awkward, especially if the player is using iNeed, frostfall, or other mods that require them to find food, water, and shelter. It would be much better if these owners were always in cities, encampments, or traveling from one city to another with their slave in tow.

>Also, it would be nice if when telling the owner you are hungry/thirsty/cold/tired, s/he was a tad more willing to give the poor slave some clothing (prisoner rags?), food, or actual water (skooma and ale don't actually remove thirst!) so that their property doesn't just die in front of them. I know I can just deactivate survival mods to avoid these problems, but it would be far more fun to use them all at once. It's great when you are starving and your owner shoves cold cabbage stew down your throat - and it's the best thing you've eaten since you are starving! I suppose this functionality is more in SD+'s court, but I thought I'd mention it.

thank you for the feedback! As mentioned in the post a couple above yours, I have no talent for textures or art, so I cannot make the signs look different. if you happen to be good at that kind of thing, I will happily add it. I am going to fix the SD owner location thing soon. The last two parts, as you suggested, are all SD functionality. Once the player leaves the auction, SS releases complete control to the mod to which the player was sent.

I'm not any good with texturing either, that's why those are crappy.

I could maybe try to de-saturate them, maybe that will help... but I'm no artist. :)

It's more about getting lower size poster, not about the color or texture. As it is, you get giant posters high up on walls. And you need to read to be able to comprehend what on those. A simple picture of a slave or slave related object and the text "auction" should be enough to convey the message.

My inability comes with the pictures: I don't don't have any doddle that would fit in.

It's more about getting lower size poster, not about the color or texture. As it is, you get giant posters high up on walls. And you need to read to be able to comprehend what on those. A simple picture of a slave or slave related object and the text "auction" should be enough to convey the message.

My inability comes with the pictures: I don't don't have any doddle that would fit in.

If it's just the size that's the problem, they can be scaled down in the CK.

And you need to read to be able to comprehend what on those. A simple picture of a slave or slave related object and the text "auction" should be enough to convey the message.

It sounds more like you're talking about something like a sign hanging outside a shop? The slave market doesn't actually have a physical location in the world, though...

But I agree, something that looks better, with pictures, would be nice. :)

To be honest, if you do some mod then go away then have the decency to release your mod to the community or give a proper channel of communication so people can ask if they can take over. (end of random rant).

And back to Simple Slavery.

Would it be possible to change the different advertisement introduced by this mod to something a bit more medieval and immersive? You know, a bit more like the one present in the witcher serie (http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Posters). It would require a bit more pictures, less text and smaller in size so they can be put at eye level.

Beside, those posters do not need to advertise the different holds. Just the ones that they are put in: "Falkreath slave market. Open form 8pm to 4am."

The intent from those posters is to advertise a feature in the current city, to tell the travelers or locals that a new game club opened or exists. Or that a renowned bard is singing in the local tavern. If the traveler don't know where the product is situated, he can still ask the local populace. But since these slavery posters are just for show, it wouldn't hurt to make them a bit prettier and varied :)

If it's just the size that's the problem, they can be scaled down in the CK.

And you need to read to be able to comprehend what on those. A simple picture of a slave or slave related object and the text "auction" should be enough to convey the message.

It sounds more like you're talking about something like a sign hanging outside a shop? The slave market doesn't actually have a physical location in the world, though...

But I agree, something that looks better, with pictures, would be nice. :)

ya, that's the impression i got with his above post

its as tho he's refering to each hold with their own local market

I know there isn't a location, and those posters are cosmetic only. I'm just saying that they are out of place by their sizes, the amount of text on them and their positions. Beside, there are locations advertised in the posters. It's a bit silly. If you are going to advertise for a kind of market, then do it for the local folks. Gilda from Falkreath don't really care if there is a market for blue flowers in Windhelm, or if a bard is singing for a tavern in Solitude. Am I not explaining myself properly?

So if you want to advertise something, you get a piece of paper, parchment or other. Put some pretty picture and enough information on it, then attach it somewhere folks are going. Like the marketplace or near a tavern, but always at eye level.

Given the emulated time period, it makes sense to have pictures since the assumption would be that most of the population would be illiterate. I like the posters - I think they're funny - but you're right that they don't really blend into a gritty style playthrough. The market will have a real location very soon.

Given the emulated time period, it makes sense to have pictures since the assumption would be that most of the population would be illiterate. I like the posters - I think they're funny - but you're right that they don't really blend into a gritty style playthrough. The market will have a real location very soon.

Well then, I can't wait to see it. ヽ( ★ω★)ノ

I haven't looked at any of the submits in awhile. If any give blanket permission to use their code, I might just add it myself.

That would be great if possible in any future update, it says full permission at the bottom of the page, http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/247-sexlab-submit-01sep14-1133/  but i am using WaxenFigure updated version on page 235 post #4692 and  its working perfectly with all updated sexlab mods, thanks for a great mod.

I haven't looked at any of the submits in awhile. If any give blanket permission to use their code, I might just add it myself.

That would be great if possible in any future update, it says full permission at the bottom of the page, http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/247-sexlab-submit-01sep14-1133/  but i am using WaxenFigure updated version on page 235 post #4692 and  its working perfectly with all updated sexlab mods, thanks for a great mod.

I saw that, thanks for pointing me to the update. I'm going to look it over