XP32 Maximum Skeleton (Special) Extended - XPMS(S)E

Most likely this is a texture and mesh issue, not a skeleton issue. With Racemenu it should be possible to make the legs short without makign them deformed, and Bodyslide shows quite a lot can be done with textures and sliders. Most likely the sliders for making dwarf-like legs isn't invented yet and you would be best off making the whole body and the skin in another program, but that's beyond my own expertise.

Greetings everyone!

XP32 is the best skeleton for Skyrim ever! And I think the best experts gathered here, so I decided to ask a question here as well.

How to make a shorter leg bones without seams?

I tried to move the bones in the NIFSkope, or by using the RaceMenu sliders. As a result I get seams at the joints, because I need a very short legs.

I tried to scale the thigh bone. Result - is not acceptable - very small feet and the whole leg gets too thin. But I need a very short legs, not thin. Like a midget legs.

It seems that translation\scale methods are not suitable for my task.

The ideal solution would be scaling leg bones on the Z-axis, and as I understand it is not possible to scale the axes in .NIF files.

Therefore it is necessary to somehow change the length of the bone. But it seems no one on in the internet does not do so. All just move and scale the bones. All resigned to the situation, but in my case the seams too conspicuous, it's terrible.

Describe the objectives simple sentence:

I need a short, but not thin legs like a midget, legs without seams at the joints.

Please tell me how to do this, or tell me where to ask?

Do i need recompile, reskin or somehow redone whole skeleton to reach my goal? How? It is even possible (for one person)?

Show the direction in which I have to move.

If it doesn't work with racemenu it  will probably not work manually, racemenu sliders of XPMSE are already made as robust as it can be so the mesh can't break quickly, and the sliders are also just a gui for manipulating bones in a way like you could do it in nifskope. If the mesh breaks if you make the leg shorter with a translation or with a scale, the mesh will also break when you do the same in nifskope manually.

Depending on what body you are I would try scaling with UUNP\CBBE and SAM who have the most advanced skinning at the moment and are still in development means if you have skinning problems because of scales\translations you can still talk to someone, UUNP\CBBE is cell\BringTheNoise and SAM is VectorPlexus at ladymoiraine forum.

Like I said if the mesh is skinned bad it breaks regardless what you do, reskinning to a different scaled skeleton doesn't help much because armors and stuff has also to be reskinned and it is just more work that needs to be done, get a body mesh that is well skinned and you should not have a problem with it, my leg length sliders worked with an old UUNP version and SAM for the max negative value if I remember correctly.

Probably still too early to ask, but with the new FNIS out now I'm guessing we have a new skeleton or Racemenu plugin with alternate animations on the way soonish? No rush, one I got works fine, but switching animation style in game will just be so cool.

Probably still too early to ask, but with the new FNIS out now I'm guessing we have a new skeleton or Racemenu plugin with alternate animations on the way soonish? No rush, one I got works fine, but switching animation style in game will just be so cool.

Nope 5.3 is animdriven events my stuff comes in the version after 5.3.

By the way I'm having a minor annoyance partially because of the skeleton but only because that was what enabled the mods to work together in the first place. With both Deadly Mutilation and Schlongs of SKyrim active, if I do a killmove that cut a male in two i frequently get a panty-shaped part of the corpse lyign there  looking very out of place and untocuhed in all the gore. I'm guessing most likely that nothing can be done about that because of how those mods work? Just checking here really if it's something I've overlooked. As said this is a minor annoyance that I can live with without problems.

By the way I'm having a minor annoyance partially because of the skeleton but only because that was what enabled the mods to work together in the first place. With both Deadly Mutilation and Schlongs of SKyrim active, if I do a killmove that cut a male in two i frequently get a panty-shaped part of the corpse lyign there  looking very out of place and untocuhed in all the gore. I'm guessing most likely that nothing can be done about that because of how those mods work? Just checking here really if it's something I've overlooked. As said this is a minor annoyance that I can live with without problems.

I can't help you with mods I don't use, SoS and DM are from the body skinning totally incompatible that is the only thing I know for sure.

Groovtama,

I read the OP. I know 2.50 is HDT-SMP compatible, but do I have to select a special skeleton rig for HDT-SMP, or just leave at default?

PE compatible rig map = SMP compatible rig map, just follow the descriptions of the options. Default and Default + CBE are PE compatible rig maps.

I don't understand, the option to have the quiver at the hip has been removed yet the option is there to have the animations. But the animations are already bundled with the mod Belt-Fastened Quivers which you still need to download in order to have the quiver attached to your hip.

I don't understand, the option to have the quiver at the hip has been removed yet the option is there to have the animations. But the animations are already bundled with the mod Belt-Fastened Quivers which you still need to download in order to have the quiver attached to your hip.

As johann said, you use RaceMenu for most weapon/quiver positions. You pick your animations in the XMPSE installer then choose your weapon positions under the Weapons tab in RaceMenu. Each weapon type has a Style slider that will determine where it's positioned on the body.

As johann said, you use RaceMenu for most weapon/quiver positions. You pick your animations in the XMPSE installer then choose your weapon positions under the Weapons tab in RaceMenu. Each weapon type has a Style slider that will determine where it's positioned on the body.

I did not know this.

Now I know.

And knowing is half the battle.

So, I'm having a problem with this skeleton and racemenu.

The thumb and index finger length slider is not working ( the other fingers are working fine)

I'm guessing this is a skeleton issue and not racemenu. Does anyone else have problems with those two sliders?

The thumb and index finger length slider is not working ( the other fingers are working fine)

I'm guessing this is a skeleton issue and not racemenu. Does anyone else have problems with those two sliders?

Already saw the error on the racemenu page, already found the bug just haven't had the time to recompile and reupload a fixed version.

Already saw the error on the racemenu page, already found the bug just haven't had the time to recompile and reupload a fixed version.

Alright, great stuff :)

Alright, great stuff :)

2.51 should fix the problem.