Can someone explain why people like UNP and 7base over CBBE?

Sabres

None of those just simply fits the vanilla armors to the body or, if feminized, are still practical.

Looks like UNP/7base is for pinup girls but not fighters.

Wait...are you talking about 7B or UNP & 7B? While 7B has arguably more "sexy" armors than "protective" ones (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37946/?) if you think that standart UNP has only armors for pinup girls you can't have been searching for more than 5 seconds.

None of those just simply fits the vanilla armors to the body or, if feminized, are still practical.

Why don't you use vanilla armors ? they cover the whole body,you won't get any "seams" (unless they show skin) and there you have, protective armors suited for fighters.

Why don't you use vanilla armors ? they cover the whole body,you won't get any "seams" (unless they show skin) and there you have, protective armors suited for fighters.

Yeah, and don't UNP textures work on vanilla bodies or vice-versa?

Some of those armor replacers I linked actually do appear to have practical armors in there as well. But who wants those in a fantasy game anyway? :s

Yeah, and don't UNP textures work on vanilla bodies or vice-versa?

Some of those armor replacers I linked actually do appear to have practical armors in there as well. But who wants those in a fantasy game anyway? :s

Unlike CBBE, the UNP body has the same uv-map as the vanilla body. 

Also, there are lots of people who prefer practical armors in their fantasy game, jussayin'.

EDIT: @Someone92 you could use this and this.

So, I've read the whole thread now, and the only negative point about CBBE is apparently the vertex count (the fact that there are "no" good textures existing isn't only CBBE's fault).

Caliente still has the raw HQ meshes on her PC... ;)

PS: UNP and the others aren't realistic either

that's a good sign, CBBE needs a bit of an upgrade; it is the only mesh I use because it can be customized to look 'realistic' compared to the barbie doll options. 

Having spent the last few weeks playing with weight-paints and cleaning up paint on the calientebody.nif for HDT physics I've discovered something obvious: lack of poly count at critical areas where mesh deformation looks too angular for the physics potential; lack of quads/polys are leaving 'chisel' marks, and fleshy parts 'hinge' sharply rather than deform gracefully for lack of vertex count at transition areas. Though, HDT isn't quite out of the garage yet as there are still issues getting physics to form, react and not spazz out.

Would be awesome to see a higher poly mesh option for CBBE BS2, I would take full advantage of it... [and a few more weight-painting brushes; blend, multiply etc.] Though it would make all the other body-mesh options [see above posts] redundant. 

w.i.p: [needs older skelly with vagina hkx intact]CalienteBody.nif

... edit, just saw response that there will be a new mesh, cool beans. :)

I personally have both bodies installed and running at the same time in my Skyrim. Saying both bodies is an understatement however... In terms of vertexes, textures, fps loss/gain, cookies, vertex coordinates and what have you, Neither body has any form of advantage for me. They both run in my game perfectly without a fault in terms of performance.

In my Skyrim...

The base NPC population plays with the standard unp body with no additional modifications other than having the normal unp or unpb based armor replacer and SG skin. My followers/companions are normally hand-made with a body and outfit tailored though a customized cbbe and/or some unp variants bodies to fit their personalities and make them more unique. With that in mind, I do personally prefer male companions to female followers... My current character of two+ years running (and still going strong. :D) itself runs a customized cbbe that I prefer. 

On top of having multiple (4-5+) sets of every vanilla armor, That being said, my base "practical" armors are more masculine in nature, other than the occasional skin on some armors, you probably couldn't tell the difference in my game between the base bodies. Only when you see non-vanilla characters does a more stylized nature of armor appear in my game. I also go though great lengths in the CK and modelling outputs just to even the number. Primarily due to my ever reigning supreme OCD, but still, I like having options despite not using them the majority of the time. On top of all this, I do use body change as well for some 7B conversions that seem simply impossible to convert correctly. The unp bodyslides output results tend to be horrible and is generally not very functional for me, therefore I do not use it that much. In terms of modelling preference, base UNP does tend to be be easier for me to work with, at least in my horribly dysfunctional blender setup. Skyrim has made me hate blender with a passion as of late. :P

Bottom line for me, due to my own life events, I personally do prefer the Cbbe body myself for MY character, especially with Bodyslide. I try to make the best out of what is available simply because while armor conversions I can do, making my own body though modelling is just something I can not do, and will not do in my current skill capacity as it is literally impossible for me to do so, therefore I give the utmost respect to both base creators as well as to all their variants and tool creators.

Let's just be honest here. There is no perfect or even nearly perfect body mod. The best we can go with right now is something acceptable for our individual tastes ATM. CBBE can be customized far and beyond what others can right now, but the model could use a few tweaks even if it does result in a higher poly count. There are blocky sections that are very noticeable at times. UNP has the better mesh in some of CBBE's problem area's which is one of the reasons I use UNP. But all UNP's and 7B etc have pretty much flesh covered balloons posing as breasts. Take the weight up or down and the breast stays exactly the same shape. CBBE is superior there because using bodyslide you can adjust nipple angle etc for low weight and high weight. So your B-cup beauties can have the much more realistic perkiness they should have while your DD's (++++ for some people :P ) can be set to have some droop as they should have. Then you do have to consider the available skin textures. I'm sorry but some of the massive breasts people make with CBBE using skin textures obviously designed for C-D cup sizes just look like stretch mark city mixed with very very bad plastic surgery with a few industrial accidents thrown in. I know some people really like those body shapes, but honestly, "realistic" skin textures will never work properly for those unless the breasts were a separate body part skinned by itself. Even 4k textures don't contain nearly enough pixels to be stretched that much and not distort.  I do not consider clothing to be a valid consideration anymore since now unlike a year ago, you can fairly easily either find the armor you want for which ever, ask one of the very friendly and helpful people here on LL if they could convert it for you, or convert it yourself.

Here's hoping we get a block-free bodyslide compatible mesh so we can customize from A-ZZ or just go standard for simplicity. Cheers and peace out!

I used to use CBBE all the time because of the customization and never gave UNP a chance, but when I saw SeveNBase's legs, I just had to switch because I try so many time to recreate the same legs in CBBE but couldn't be done with the simple tools.  And since SeveNBase is based on UNP I think, I can use any UNP skin textures I want.

I used to use CBBE all the time because of the customization and never gave UNP a chance, but when I saw SeveNBase's legs, I just had to switch because I try so many time to recreate the same legs in CBBE but couldn't be done with the simple tools.  And since SeveNBase is based on UNP I think, I can use any UNP skin textures I want.

Do you mean

output_b_QYJYe.gif

these legs?

:P

edit: GAH, I posted here again! I gotta stop doing this... I apologize for prolonging this debate thread.

Do you mean

output_b_QYJYe.gif

these legs?

edit: GAH, I posted here again! I gotta stop doing this... I apologize for prolonging this debate thread.

Hey nice work. Do share? :D

Do you mean

output_b_QYJYe.gif

these legs?

Hey nice work. Do share? :D

Hehe, they've been up for the past week on my thread under the tweak section, I just checked and noticed not even 1 person downloaded them xD!

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25180-unofficial-bodyslide-2outfit-studio-tutorials/?p=634515

Anyway, they are just .bsd files for the moment, they'll be integrated into my HDT weighted Body when I get the chance. I might try doing some armor conversions to them at some point.

All Credit goes to Cell I just ripped his transformed CBBE to 7Base body for the sliders in OS.

edit: fixed for semantic issues :)

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25180-unofficial-bodyslide-2outfit-studio-tutorials/?p=634515

Anyway, they are just .bsd files for the moment, they'll be integrated into my HDT weighted Body when I get the chance. I might try doing some armor conversions to them at some point.

All Credit goes to Caliente I just ripped her transformed CBBE to 7Base body for the sliders in OS.

I made the CalienteBody7BShape.nif and the others. ;)

Yes, basically you can use any of the "CalienteBody<insert any shape here>.nif" to make all kinds of sliders, like 7B legs, DreamGirl butt, etc. Poly count can be an issue, but most of the time it isn't.

All Credit goes to Caliente I just ripped her transformed CBBE to 7Base body for the sliders in OS.

I made the CalienteBody7BShape.nif and the others. ;)

Yes, basically you can use any of the "CalienteBody<insert any shape here>.nif" to make all kinds of sliders, like 7B legs, DreamGirl butt, etc. Poly count can be an issue, but most of the time it isn't.

Cool.

I would suggest/request to include those sliders by default in bodyslide... :o

LMAO!!! This is still an actual Debate? I figured 3, maybe 4 pages at most then everyone would give up and move on... at least there is some good information packed into these pages... repeated information, but info nonetheless... at least now I know what body to use :P

LMAO!!! This is still an actual Debate? I figured 3, maybe 4 pages at most then everyone would give up and move on... at least there is some good information packed into these pages... repeated information, but info nonetheless... at least now I know what body to use :P

Don't say which one, or it will never end.  :angel:

• 3 months later...

To me - 7B just looks better overall without needing to fitter with it.

I'd like some more skin texture options and could use some modifications to the body but overall - I'm "happy" with 7B (and much of the armour conversions).

I might be able to get the same result from CBBE/bodyslider but the time I'll need to spend getting that 'perfect' look I could use for playing with 7B to begin with.

Archived