Can someone explain why people like UNP and 7base over CBBE?

Sabres

I don't understand the 7B craze either. It's a nice community and the modders behind it have done solid stuff otherwise, but yeah the boobs. Not even the cheapest plastic surgeon would call the 7B breasts a good job. Too high, too spherical and too close together; and if I recall, the nipples are misplaced as well. I can understand the UNP interest though, although for some it seems to be for the higher poly count, as if you can tell. CBBE's main problem is actually bodyslide and its lack of adoption by armor modders. Not perfectly happy with CBBE's groin and hips area mesh either, but there you go. With UNP you know exactly what you get, all armor will fit as it was intended.

I don't understand the 7B craze either. It's a nice community and the modders behind it have done solid stuff otherwise, but yeah the boobs. Not even the cheapest plastic surgeon would call the 7B breasts a good job. Too high, too spherical and too close together; and if I recall, the nipples are misplaced as well. I can understand the UNP interest though, although for some it seems to be for the higher poly count, as if you can tell. CBBE's main problem is actually bodyslide and its lack of adoption by armor modders. Not perfectly happy with CBBE's groin and hips area mesh either, but there you go. With UNP you know exactly what you get, all armor will fit as it was intended.

7B is all about dem thighs xP

The boobs being too high up can be remedied with HDT physics, tbh. HDT's simulated gravity brings them down to a more acceptable level, at least from my own observations they do.

The boobs being too high up can be remedied with HDT physics, tbh. HDT's simulated gravity brings them down to a more acceptable level, at least from my own observations they do.

You know, I wondered about this.  If gravity was being simulated accurately, then it stood to reason that the ideal "neutral" position for breasts intended for such a system would be something more along the lines of 7B's unnatural "push up" position.

Got any screenshots or video?

Guest corespore

I used Calientes CBBE body almost from the start of my Skyrim modding, i kept the body type vanilla and i loved the textures. It wasn't until i switched to mod organizer that i discovered the rather dark fact that it had a fo-mod installer that was nexus dependant. Basically unless you're using NMM it will never install properly. It was something of a wicked blow to switch to UNP but after the fact i feel like an ass for not going UNP in the first place. The choice of textures are vast, the choice of body types covers about every taste, and best of all NO fo-mod installers. And the choice of armors for UNP is almost always more and better quality. CBBE isn't bad, but, in the end UNP and its variants get my thumbs up. 

Who knows OP

LOL here's a guy who used CHSBHC,ADEC,UNP,UNPB,Ladybody,CBBE I've tried them all wanna guess what body I'm using now......CBBE I don't give a damn If you know what you're doing with the right textures this body can look just as good as all the other bodies so in reality it doesn't matter use whatever body you like we all got different taste.

Signed

A CBBE pleb HAHAHA!!

Also some critique of UNP - I've never liked the strange light shade underneath the breasts in UNP, and it's really even more apparent with UNPB. On the other hand, it does show off better abs when you use normals with something like that.

I'll do some screenies of my current CBBE character.

post-233356-0-40472800-1390443336_thumb.jpg

post-233356-0-91157100-1390443341_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't call it horrible. And that's with the old Navetsea textures. Apologies for jaggies, that's jpg compression and Bethesda's idea of shadows.

I used Calientes CBBE body almost from the start of my Skyrim modding, i kept the body type vanilla and i loved the textures. It wasn't until i switched to mod organizer that i discovered the rather dark fact that it had a fo-mod installer that was nexus dependant. Basically unless you're using NMM it will never install properly.

Okay, I don't want to derail this topic or anything, but I guess I just don't quite understand the various mod install methods for Skyrim.  In New Vegas, there were basically two ways of installing an .esp or .bsa or .fomod: Nexus Mod Manager, or the older but still clearly functional Fallout Mod Manager (FOMM).  I used the latter, because the thought of letting some combination webpage+app control certain aspects of things out of sight didn't sit well with me.  Never had a problem with FOMM.

With Skyrim, I gather the situation has changed?  Every mod I've grabbed from Nexus has had a manual download option and I've always picked it.  I've been assuming that when the time comes, I'll just need to grab the Skyrim equivalent of FOMM and start activating .esps.  But I've read people talk about "Nexus-only mods" before, and now this thing about a mod being "Nexus dependent".  Really?  So like, you literally cannot install the assets of certain mods without it first doing something like asking Nexus for permission?  Are these mods not basically just data that gets shoved into the data folder?

Terrible confusion here. ;p

As I mentioned on the first page, I like Sevenbase Bombshell because of the legs. All Sevenbase bodies have the same, great thighs (quads AND hamstrings), but only Bombshell has the more defined calves.

Now, if your major dislike with the body is the boobs, Sevenbase Natural looks less "boob job"-y. My ideal body would actually have Natural boobs with Bombshell legs.

I used Calientes CBBE body almost from the start of my Skyrim modding, i kept the body type vanilla and i loved the textures. It wasn't until i switched to mod organizer that i discovered the rather dark fact that it had a fo-mod installer that was nexus dependant. Basically unless you're using NMM it will never install properly.

Okay, I don't want to derail this topic or anything, but I guess I just don't quite understand the various mod install methods for Skyrim.  In New Vegas, there were basically two ways of installing an .esp or .bsa or .fomod: Nexus Mod Manager, or the older but still clearly functional Fallout Mod Manager (FOMM).  I used the latter, because the thought of letting some combination webpage+app control certain aspects of things out of sight didn't sit well with me.  Never had a problem with FOMM.

With Skyrim, I gather the situation has changed?  Every mod I've grabbed from Nexus has had a manual download option and I've always picked it.  I've been assuming that when the time comes, I'll just need to grab the Skyrim equivalent of FOMM and start activating .esps.  But I've read people talk about "Nexus-only mods" before, and now this thing about a mod being "Nexus dependent".  Really?  So like, you literally cannot install the assets of certain mods without it first doing something like asking Nexus for permission?  Are these mods not basically just data that gets shoved into the data folder?

Terrible confusion here. ;p

Not sure what sort of problem he had with the CBBE installer, I use MO and it's installing fine.  Many mods on nexus only come with a nexus installer, they're on nexus, it's to be expected.  Pretty sure you can do a manual installation with these anyway.

And CBBE I can make this :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXzSoB2rlYE

You could make the previous one, too, lol :P  But yeah, one reason I don't like UNP is the small boobs and the stick legs.  7base and UNPBO though, yeah, those are yummy, wish 7base didn't have fake boobs and UNPBO supported weight slider...  Then again, I'm bored easily so I'd be swapping them all the time, too xP But yeah, I'd only consider these for switching to something UNP-based.

In the interest of conducting research for myself  I decided to go back to CBBE last night - first time I've even looked at a CBBE body in a year. What I did was set up two of my custom races using essentially the same method.

So the first was CBBE TBBP initially with stock textures and a body I built in BS2 using (good old) HGEC as a template but tweaked.Then I overwrote the textures with CBBE SG Texture Renewal plus it's 4k options like wet skin,defined scars etc. Finally I used it's msn file as a base in Fitness Body blender to create as muscular a map as I could.

The other was 7B, initially using UNP Blessed Body Redux textures, again I overwrote with SG and it's UNP options, then again created the same muscular map using it's msn. 

Now it was late by the time I set it up so I didn't remember to take screenshots. But then I don't think that's useful anyway, you have to see it all in game, wobbling away with hdt physics, real time variation in environmental lighting etc.

The very first thing I thought when running the CBBE model was, yep that's the CBBE I remember, all soft edged, rounded curves, kind of vinyl doll looking, and no real sense of the kind of detail I'm now well used to seeing in my game. When I loaded 7B it was AH! That's better, a body with some definition in all those little places (like around the stomach for instance) that sell the idea of a physical form rather than overwhelmingly a video game rendition of one

Sure, this is nothing more than a coke test, hardly scientific and not intended to convince anyone else, just me - because it's all about the eye of the beholder. But what it was useful for was to remind me  of why it is I don't personally care for CBBE all the time there are  imo better looking options. And I'm willing to give up BS2 because of it. 

EDIT: okay, it's just not good enough fobbing you guys off with "I didnae get no screenies", and I still had the files set up so here they are, as close to each other as I could manage.

CBBE CBBE.jpg

7B7B.jpg

I do maintain that a screenshot isn't very useful to me in judging what I prefer, and actually CBBE looks great in this grab (I partcularly love it's feet and ass but it's not in the shot). But even so I still prefer how 7B appears here. 

Oh, and  here's Dream Girl from an older shot. I understand she's similarly as vertices challenged as CBBE compared to UNP (or am I wrong there?) but it's a great example of how good a real labour of love ground up hand sculptured body can look, and even if it's overall shape is not to  taste I think it's technical quality is self evident in game. I could maybe approximate a silhouette of this in BS2, but that's about it. 

DGScreenShot1606.jpg

My personal conclusion is that yeah, CBBE is a huge boost on vanilla, and BS2 makes it incredibly versatile. But there are some virtuoso purpose built body mods out there that make a good case for going for what I think of as the Saville Row professional tailor route. 

I like more that there's premade UNPB/ADEC/7B etc etc in file folders on the various body mods download page. Easier that way to drag and drop them into a custom races folder so I can have one race that's 7B, one that's UNPB, one thats CHSBC etc etc.

Much harder to perform said file shuffling using only the body slide utility.

For me it's the outfits. I really liked Bodyslide with CBBE, but I don't have the time or know how to convert all my favorite outfits in the new studio.

UNPB has worked wonders for all my clothing mods as I get no clipping or missing textures on the body.

Sadly CBBE doesn't like the outfits I've downloaded.

I plan to try my hand at the Bodyslide Studio again one day because I do miss all those options.

Now if SG Textures renewal was only compatible with CBBE, I'd have to revert, but luckily the author provided great options for both types.

It's not all about Original  or Bombshell's round, high tits. Natural has a rack similar to UNP-BBP but retains those wonderful thighs, calves and shoulders. From what I recall the objective was to create a Sports Ilustrated style athletic, hard bodied, well endowed figure. That's a sweet spot for many of us and they nailed it. 

Archived