Can someone explain why people like UNP and 7base over CBBE?

Sabres

I've started with CBBE becouse ( holy crap so many endorsements its must be a great body-replacer ). I was using it for a quite long time before I've found other alternatives.

Then I've found 7base and my journey has ended. . . . ( dem thighs, reminds me of GUTS body )

CBBE did a great job at paving the way for other body-replacers as a one of the first body-replacers  , now its time to pass the leadership ( or wait for some bigger CBBE body update ).

But again everyone have its own tasties when it comes to body-replacers.

Sevenbase bombshell VS CBBE

Ok these are just the base body's from this follower, I could make cbbe's legs and butt mimic the sevenbase but other than that the cbbe has much better boobs. The butt could also be replicated in CBBE. I just don't feel like going through all that. Was hard enough getting her to stand in the same spot lol. I don't see huge vertice issue making cbbe ugly...

Why not do that then? It might be hard but that way,you, the OP, could prove that CBBE / bodyslide can do a 7B replica'. I've seen a lot of users claim that Bodyslide can do a 7B version, yet no one posted any pictures with a 7B preset that really looks like 7B and not some fat ass with other imperfections. Threads like this are uselss,everyone will defend their prefered body, however you asked why people like UNP over CBBE, do you understand from all the replies here why?

IF someone manages to do a 7B preset, that really looks like a sevenbase body, thats it, I'll resign. But that ain't gonna make me switch to CBBE simply because someone did that, I like my amazonian / silicone body because its perfect for me, I don't want to change it in any way, I like it how it is, thats why I don't use CBBE or other tools to modify it, because I already like what Sevennity & the team did with the body, here is my explanation to your question why I like this over that.

Here, I'm sure it's pretty close and I wasn't using a reference either (I mean the thighs, I didn't try the calves, and the boobs I didn't want to turn into unyielding plastic :P) Both are using vampire textures.  It's easy tor recognize which is which since you've done lots of conversions with 7base.  Pretty sure with a bit of tweaking, I can reach the same proportions.  In case you're wondering, I'm using a ThighsPlus slider from Venus body to tweak the thighs, I didn't raise it too far cause in bodyslide, the shape tends to look slightly different than the actual body and I worried it'll make the thighs a bit too fat.  With the standard thigh sliders, you generally can't get that close to a 7base leg shape.  It's not going to be perfect.  As you can see, the extra slider's effect is more spread out while the 7base body leaves space around the knee unaltered.

attachicon.gif2014-01-24_00001.jpgattachicon.gif2014-01-24_00002.jpgattachicon.gif2014-01-24_00003.jpgattachicon.gif2014-01-24_00004.jpg

The case of course is that it's a matter of sliders.  If you have more sliders, you have more options.  To a good extent, the good part of 7base can be replicated.  Sure, my initial tweak is not identical, and normally I doubt it'll be, unless I tweak the other thing and legs sliders, too, but it's already close enough without using a reference for it.

And tomorrow morning, I might want a base UNP shape, 5 minutes to convert my body and all compatible outfits to that instead of mod-hunting for conversions.

im no expert but you might want to get your eyes checked

I'm afraid my eyes are 20/20, so said medical science so that's kinda indisputable, which makes that argument busted.

I thought 0/0 was the perfect sight :D anyways, i fail to see the point of this topic, just use the body you like the most, and thats it :P i mean we could have the same discussion with Cannon & Nikon or Apple & Android...

Here, I'm sure it's pretty close and I wasn't using a reference either (I mean the thighs, I didn't try the calves, and the boobs I didn't want to turn into unyielding plastic :P) Both are using vampire textures.  It's easy tor recognize which is which since you've done lots of conversions with 7base.  Pretty sure with a bit of tweaking, I can reach the same proportions.  In case you're wondering, I'm using a ThighsPlus slider from Venus body to tweak the thighs, I didn't raise it too far cause in bodyslide, the shape tends to look slightly different than the actual body and I worried it'll make the thighs a bit too fat.  With the standard thigh sliders, you generally can't get that close to a 7base leg shape.  It's not going to be perfect.  As you can see, the extra slider's effect is more spread out while the 7base body leaves space around the knee unaltered.

attachicon.gif2014-01-24_00001.jpgattachicon.gif2014-01-24_00002.jpgattachicon.gif2014-01-24_00003.jpgattachicon.gif2014-01-24_00004.jpg

The case of course is that it's a matter of sliders.  If you have more sliders, you have more options.  To a good extent, the good part of 7base can be replicated.  Sure, my initial tweak is not identical, and normally I doubt it'll be, unless I tweak the other thing and legs sliders, too, but it's already close enough without using a reference for it.

And tomorrow morning, I might want a base UNP shape, 5 minutes to convert my body and all compatible outfits to that instead of mod-hunting for conversions.

This does give me a feeling of sevenbase IF I were to see it from far away, but once I get closer it dosen't look appealing to me or nowhere to 7b, it looks just like a fat body.....I don't know why, but thats how I see it. Thing is, as far as I know,  people say they can make UNP/B/O/7B bodies in Bodyslider USING CBBE BODY, thats just impossible, think about it, you are modifing a body that IS NOT designed to look like UNP, no matter how hard you try, it will always give you a feeling of CBBE,I'm pretty sure UNP,just like CBBE was made in 3DS MAX / BLENDER, those tools are specialized in those things, unless you edit them in those tools, you will never be able to get nowhere near UNP family bodies or the other way around, simply because CBBE/UNP is designed to look different. Now the tittie' part of CBBE, I don't think you edited that one one out so I won't comment on that, but I'm using 7B because of the boobies and not because of the thighs as many users do, I like natural boobies, but I also like silicone boobies, heck, even my gf has them these days. Now as you noticed, I'm converting armors to 7B, so I know what i'm talking about, I know every part of that body just like my account passwords.

Take the examples you posted there, look at the legs in the first picture -> CBBE, then look at the legs in the 3rd picture -> SevenBase. From my point of view,CBBE legs look like THIS , including the pelvis area.  Now i'm not saying that CBBE is bad and no one should use it, Caliente did a good job and I respect her/him for that, its just that people don't understand that everyone has different view when it comes to body types and they create tons of useless topics as this one just to ask everyone "Who is the best", If I say for example that UNP looks more natural, some CBBE/CHSBHC users will disagree, why? I'll let you think of an answer.

P.S Don't mind my Engrish

Here, I'm sure it's pretty close and I wasn't using a reference either (I mean the thighs, I didn't try the calves, and the boobs I didn't want to turn into unyielding plastic :P)

Sorry Bob, I'm just not seeing what you're seeing. Maybe I need to have some of what you've had and then I will?  :P

edit: to be less unkind and on reflection it's not a bad effort at all mate, those thighs are distinct from general CBBE bodies I see. I still say that it's one thing to create a passingly similar 'silhouette' of a shape, and quite another to see it properly in action. That's what I find quite frustrating about these claims that body slide 2 has no limitations. It does - CBBE.

Ok these are just the base body's from this follower, I could make cbbe's legs and butt mimic the sevenbase but other than that the cbbe has much better boobs. The butt could also be replicated in CBBE. I just don't feel like going through all that. Was hard enough getting her to stand in the same spot lol. I don't see huge vertice issue making cbbe ugly...

Well I genuinely applaud you for the valiant effort Sabres, but if the objective was to mimic 7B even passingly well, sorry mate but it's a miss in the defining areas. What we have left is more natural boobs. I'd suggest you try going up against 7B natural, though it also has significantly more shapely thighs than you've managed here. And you might not feel like doing it, but you don't get muscular powerful thighs and a flabby ass generally so yeah, work that ass  :D

And while you're desperately wrestling with your sliders, trying to do the equivalent of turning lead into gold I'll just download 6 nifs and put them in a folder and crack on with gaming. Just as well this isn't an MMO and you and i aren't in the same raiding party, we'd be waiting all day for you to turn up :)

lol, I can't believe this is still going. I feel that some of you guys spend way too much time on the forums, and way too little time playing the game.

Some people like watermelon breasts, some like elephant thighs, and some, such as myself, prefer slender and delicate physique, while others prefer thick and muscular builds.

If you are happy with the bodytype you are using, then stick with it, but stop trying to convince others that the one you use is superior - because it isn't.

Let's put an end to this pointless debate, and revel in the fact that thanks to all the amazing modders, the end users have a multitude of choices when it comes to bodytypes - and choice is never a bad thing.

Here's a picture of 1000 dead trolls, for your consideration.

cl8yll0lw7eyx2wg3.jpg

Well I genuinely applaud you for the valiant effort Sabres, but if the objective was to mimic 7B even passingly well, sorry mate but it's a miss in the defining areas. What we have left is more natural boobs. I'd suggest you try going up against 7B natural, though it also has significantly more shapely thighs than you've managed here. And you might not feel like doing it, but you don't get muscular powerful thighs and a flabby ass generally so yeah, work that ass  :D

And while you're desperately wrestling with your sliders, trying to do the equivalent of turning lead into gold I'll just download 6 nifs and put them in a folder and crack on with gaming. Just as well this isn't an MMO and you and i aren't in the same raiding party, we'd be waiting all day for you to turn up :)

Oh, I guess I should have mentioned I didn't even touch the body's. They were both base stock. I didn't even try to match the 7b. Was just posting it as a reference. Especially the boobs, the boobs on the 7base are way out of wack lol.

lol, I can't believe this is still going. I feel that some of you guys spend way too much time on the forums, and way too little time playing the game.

Some people like watermelon breasts, some like elephant thighs, and some, such as myself, prefer slender and delicate physique, while others prefer thick and muscular builds.

If you are happy with the bodytype you are using, then stick with it, but stop trying to convince others that the one you use is superior - because it isn't.

Let's put an end to this pointless debate, and revel in the fact that thanks to all the amazing modders, the end users have a multitude of choices when it comes to bodytypes - and choice is never a bad thing.

Here's a picture of 1000 dead trolls, for your consideration.

Im not trying to convince everyone I was just wondering and the thread got crazy lol.

Ok now, a more important issue at hand. I know these are yours and I want them haha.

Well, it all depends on the situation. You can get away with a lot of things when playing at, say, 1080p, but when playing at 4k resolution, things that would otherwise look decent suddenly look terrible.

Same distance from the body as the daedric armor above:

cl5uklgmp8nprytoj.jpg

Even closer shot, w/o any noticeable blockiness/aliasing (except for jpeg compression artifacts):

cl5uklh34gpw0qx1f.jpg

Again, it's just a matter of personal choice. Do I need 8k skin textures instead of 4k? Definitely not. But do I want it? Of course.

Aegis, please share this. I don't ask for much in life and would love this outfit :( You have private messages turned off. Would be great if you can send me a message, thanks for any help.

They are of better quality, higher poly count than CBBE, and also remember that even though BodySlide has been out for a while, until Outfit Studio was released you still needed to convert the armors the complicated way, which was a pain in the ass. Now, CBBE is able to do anything the other mods do, you can literally make an UNP body in Bodyslide and tweak all your armors accordingly, but that has been true for less than a month.

Personally, I hope eventually everything ends united in BodySlide, but who knows.

Not quite, you were able to do that before with CB++, which is now integrated in Bodyslide 2.

The only difference is that it is now "official" possible.

I think a lot of the modders still have no idea about the possibilitys with Bodyslide and now Version 2 and Outfit Studio.

So spread that the next time you see someone wants a conversion for a certain body type. A lot of the users still requesting CBBE conversions too, which is kind of bullshit. It's really just due to the fact that a lot of them simply don't know about it yet.

Oh, I guess I should have mentioned I didn't even touch the body's. They were both base stock. I didn't even try to match the 7b. Was just posting it as a reference. Especially the boobs, the boobs on the 7base are way out of wack lol.

Oh...right....good. Carry on then.  :huh:

It looks like  you only want affirmation afterall Sabres. Seeing as you'll always get that from people agree with you, but won't from those who don't, it begs the question:

What's the point?whatsthepoint.jpg

Whats the point? Opinions, suggestions, conversation, criticism, awareness, inspiration.

Modders see it, normal users see it. It can give modders ideas on fixes and others views of their bodys. I can give normal users a base to look at when choosing bodys....

Is that good enough for you or anyone else stating the topic is useless or whats the point?

You can never have to much information.

Like Shocky, I'm unconvinced that CBBE can replicate Sevenbase's legs. As I said earlier, it isn't just the quads; it's the hamstrings. The Sevenbase upper legs all have developed hamstrings so that if you look at the body from the side (not front/back), you'll see that the legs appear "full."

Now, following up on what others have already said, it's a great thing that the community has provided so many options such that no matter what your taste is, there's a body that's close to, if not exactly, what you like. Thank you dimon, Caliente, AcDale, Sevennity and everyone else who made major contributions. I like Amazons, so I like Sevenbase, but not everyone does. No problem. If you like more petite women, UNP and its variants (Skinny, UNPetite, etc.) are available. If you're more tits and ass and less so legs, I've never thought CBBE was a bad body, and I also think ADEC is nice too.

The title of this thread should say "why some people likes UNP/7Base over CB" in any case. I just recommend to do what I do, switch to MO, and have diferent savegame profiles with diferent mods. I use UNP Bodyslide, and used a lot 7Base too. And yes, I can confirm that it's impossible to reproduce 7Base thighs in CB Bodyslide. There's only two sliders for the thighs and none of them alters the shape in the way 7Base is made. Also, if you want 7Base shape, use use 7Base... There's plenty of armors made by Stocky and other modders. Currently, the only reason I use UNP/7Base in separate mod profiles / savegames is because the damn UV map. I wish it was as easy to have diferent outfit meshes/texture per follower/race/npc's as nude replacers. I would use everything in a single save... However at the moment I stick CB Bodyslide in my main for that purpose, and there's no texture issues.

Ok now, a more important issue at hand. I know these are yours and I want them haha.

Well, it all depends on the situation. You can get away with a lot of things when playing at, say, 1080p, but when playing at 4k resolution, things that would otherwise look decent suddenly look terrible.

Same distance from the body as the daedric armor above:

cl5uklgmp8nprytoj.jpg

Even closer shot, w/o any noticeable blockiness/aliasing (except for jpeg compression artifacts):

cl5uklh34gpw0qx1f.jpg

Again, it's just a matter of personal choice. Do I need 8k skin textures instead of 4k? Definitely not. But do I want it? Of course.

Aegis, please share this. I don't ask for much in life and would love this outfit :( You have private messages turned off. Would be great if you can send me a message, thanks for any help.

Not gonna happen. Doesn't matter whether it's a Daz3D/Poser port or a mod that the author just doesn't want in the public but Aegis already said (not in this thread) that he/she can't share it.

Alright I just have to break my promise, but the outrageous comments being flung around here about BodySlide/Outfit Studio is too much for me to handle and has prompted me to write this equally absurd response back:

9207562ef22f3501def67ada5f63753d6565e7b3

If you have never used BodySlide/Outfit Studio or read any of the documentation that comes along with it, then please do not make assumptions.

If some users could jump back a few pages to my other posts they will notice that I took a 7Base shape that Caliente made and posted a 'humorous' attempt at trying to make a '7Base' BodySlide.

While this was in fact not a real '7Base' bodyslide (The vertex count is different)

If you have used or know anyone who used Outfit Studio to convert an armor from CBBE, UNP or any other shape to 7Base then (gasp) what they have really done is implanted a morphed CBBE shape that looks like 7Base shape.

Proof? Download BodySlide 2 and navigate to ShapeData/CalConvert folder and open up CBBE 7B shape.nif and match it's vertex count to real 7Base, then match it to CBBE.

Too lazy? fine here's a .obj AND the original .nif attached below for you to download and check

So what?

This means that with a 3-D modelling program + BodySlide you can CREATE ANY SHAPE YOU WANT

Why did I write this?

Because there were/are a lot of erroneous statements made about BodySlide 2/Outfit Studio from BOTH SIDES of the argument.

BodySlide by itself is currently limited in scope. You CANNOT remake exact 7Base shape with only current CBBE Advanced Sliders.

HOWEVER, coupled with some 3-D editor YOU CAN MAKE ANY SHAPE/SLIDERS YOU WANT!

In fact, in terms of the major BodyTypes out there you don't even need an actual 3-D editing SKILL, you just need to convert CALIENTE'S HARD WORKED ALREADY PREMADE CBBE CONVERSION MESHES to .obj files and then proceed to extracting specific sliders from it inside Outfit Studio.

Hell with the obj file I attached it's even possible for any Outfit Studio savvy people to go ahead and make 7B Calf and 7bThigh sliders to mimic the shape.

Bottom Line, Do not speak about capabilties and/or limitations of a program until you KNOW it or have used it for awhile. If you aren't sure be sure to mention that you aren't sure.

Alright I've spoken my piece about that topic and again kinda off-tracked the main OP post. I am beyond redemption at this point and will be visiting forum hell but at least my conscience is clear.

Regarding OP's question, I defer to the wise words of the other wiser, humbler posters on this thread that decided to actually post a meaningful answer/insight instead of being sucked into this sad debate/argument over which Body Type is better.

You are all strong minded individuals that fared much better than me by not getting sucked into this trap.

I hope that someday, I will develop the same amount of wisdom and tolerance as you do.

CalienteBody7BShape.nif

CBBE 7Base Shape OBJ FILE.rar

Arguing about the default CBBE textures is a bit weird too (which are pretty good if you like those super clean skins).

But hey, it's not that there aren't a shitload of  different CBBE compatible textures to choose from, young or mature, clean or moles and scars, shaved or hairy like a bear, hence with texblend you can even combine all that (another tool which doesn't get enough attention imo).

I suggest everyone to play around with Calientes tools a bit, maybe read one of the many tutorials and documentations provided by them and other people. It's really really powerful and easy to handle (and like blabba said, if you have a little bit of experience you can expand it's usability even more). I'm really happy we have modders like her who work on such fantastic things.

Arguing about the default CBBE textures is a bit weird too (which are pretty good if you like those super clean skins).

But hey, it's not that there aren't a shitload of  different CBBE compatible textures to choose from, young or mature, clean or moles and scars, shaved or hairy like a bear, hence with texblend you can even combine all that (another tool which doesn't get enough attention imo).

I suggest everyone to play around with Calientes tools a bit, maybe read one of the many tutorials and documentations provided by them and other people. It's really really powerful and easy to handle (and like blabba said, if you have a little bit of experience you can expand it's usability even more). I'm really happy we have modders like her who work on such fantastic things.

I like the super clean skin and one reason i won't even touch UNP is that u can't get that kind of skin for it. It wouldn't even have to be super clean, just clean would be nice. All the UNP skins looks like they spend too much time under the sun and it's covered by some kind of dirt and crap. Super clean is more realistic imo. Take a look at your own skin it's pretty smooth at least mine is.

Funny to see how no one is talking about cnhf or DreamGirl really.  They are better constructed than any of the above mentioned body mods (imo anyhow), only too young in content and in DreamGirls case, imperfections such as seams still need fixing.

I did early in the thread. I agree with you about DG, especially now that it has a slightly weightier version thanks to Newmiller. But yeah, it does suffer from poor texture support currently, those SG textures got pulled from Nexus as the author got fed up with complaints, but I think they were somewhat justified as they don't do the body a lot of justice.

And upping DG's bulk even mildly does have a downside, the breast curve gains some noticeable corners, extremely incongruous for an otherwise supremely well sculpted body. I did flirt with it for a while but I'm back in happy happy  joy joy 7B land. 

7B, UNP, UNPB, UNPBB, UNPBO, UNP Topmodel, UNPetite, UNP Slim and all the variations all are semi-compatible, and they look realistic to a degree. Thats why people like it. Also, all because Outfit Studio is out, you now can use whatever outfit with whatever body, although I still use 3DS Max to do all my work. Just think with 3DS Max they turn out better :D

I like the super clean skin and one reason i won't even touch UNP is that u can't get that kind of skin for it. It wouldn't even have to be super clean, just clean would be nice. All the UNP skins looks like they spend too much time under the sun and it's covered by some kind of dirt and crap. Super clean is more realistic imo. Take a look at your own skin it's pretty smooth at least mine is.

have you looked for a clean skin for UNP Bodies? SG is one... Also, most of the CBBE textures usually have a compatibility patch for UNP, 7B, and ADEC... So your argument is invalid .-.

have you looked for a clean skin for UNP Bodies? SG is one... Also, most of the CBBE textures usually have a compatibility patch for UNP, 7B, and ADEC... So your argument is invalid .-.

Point me towards a clean skin textures and prove me wrong. SG female textures renewal is clean? The skin looked like she was 100 years old.

Archived