Can someone explain why people like UNP and 7base over CBBE?

Sabres

I am aware of how to install mods xP  Convenient would be actually having the file structure in, so mod managers can install them.  As it is, I had to create the folders myself.  Sure it's not a BIG deal, but it gives the impression that whoever packed it couldn't care less.  Plus, I seriously doubt most people know where these files go xP  And this is as offtopic as it can possibly be xP

Really bro? They're loose files because she can't read your damn mind (and neither can your mod manager) and a lot of people use custom races. That's really all there is to it.

There's UNPC (curvy) and there UNPCM (curvy, modest=nice ass and smaller boobs). I have the UNPCM body type here in a zip, but haven't used it yet. It doesn't have much in the way of clothing or armor yet.

I guess unless you know they exists you won't find them: http://mod.dysintropi.me/

It seems that only UNPC has (some) armor conversions, though.

More like this?

2014_01_25_00021.jpg

2014_01_25_00016.jpg

2014_01_25_00017.jpg

Yeah, something like that.

I wish someone could copy the weighting of DG to UNP and it's variants because that's one of the things that bugs me about UNP and one of the really superior features of Dream Girl. The legs and arms just bend way better and don't look like your character is missing some bones in his body.

I'd like to see a male character using UNP or Dream Girl :lol:

I guess unless you know they exists you won't find them: http://mod.dysintropi.me/

Well, since everyone and their mother is using Pinup Poser, and that's where it's officially hosted these days, I always thought more people would know this. But maybe not.

I have always liked CBBE. It has the best breasts and shapes overall but is a bit simple. UNPB is more detailed but has unnatural legs imo. I understand the modder's intention of trying to make them more realistic but they are overdone instead. The thigh is very well developed at the top and narrows down too drastically to become even thinner than the knees. The legs would look much better with smoother curvy shapes. I'm probably a leg fetishist though, because most people doesn't seem bothered about it. Whenever my character is wearing an UNP outfit, I always try to wear thigh high boots with it. It makes it look much better. :)

Then we have SevenBase which could have been an improvement if the legs weren't built like a bodybuilder. The thing is that muscles on women aren't sexy to me. Muscles is a male attribute.

The best body would be a mix between CBBE and UNPB, but I doubt we will ever see something like that.

This Thread LOL. Simply said the proof was mention in the beginning of this thread. the very first post might I add. There is just a bigger following for the UNP based bodies for many various reasons.

I use all body types though I dropped my use of CBBE bodies due to lack of armors. my game is heavily customized in the area of a armors and texture varieties so I needed base skin textures to fit all body varieties for all races including custom ones and would look good in all armor conversions I choose. UNP won by a land slide. Granted I could've set it up with custom textures for each race, which I already have some what done it still was easier and less work to go UNP.

I needed my RedGuards to have big butts, so I began to miss CBBE (but I hate the boobs and hips, to lazy to use body slide, though with body slide does make the boobs look nice, but still not enough armor conversions or texture compatibility) so I tried 7B (I hated the boobs, but in the armors the Boobs are awesome to me so I use them. 7B natural boobs are nice so I do use that body for my lady Dremora). So then some one made UNPK which had a Big ass, WINNER!!! a UNP based body that is compatible with my game still keeping all varieties and quality of my armors and textures in check. so I managed to use a arsenal of UNP based bodies give all races different body types and armor meshes to match using a single skin texture. but that wasn't enough I needed variety in skin textures and UNP had that too, because of it larger following.

Earlier in the post some one mentioned the CBBE wins in all polls posted in threads much like this. But that is incorrect.

UNP .vs. CBBE

UNP/B/C/K/O/BO/Petite with or without BBP/TBBP/HDT (or whatever) 7B/Bombshell/Natural/Cleavage, DreamGirl, Topmodel, and a few others not mentioned here are always in the poll separately but yet they are all UNP based bodies.

CBBE/2/3/Petite/++/ with or without BBP/TBBP/HDT Bodyslide 1 or 2 normally has two or three spots in the poll.

-- Now if you total all the UNP based bodies (and there are a lot) .VS. all the CBBE bodies (which don't need many variation due to body slide) UNP wins by a land slide.

So yes, facts do show which is the most preferred body.

As, stated by this threads originator, in the first post. Not just in the polls, but most mod authors prefer the UNP body base, thus the reason most armors are made to UNP based specs.

I go on to say that The Preferred doesn't mean The Best and The Best doesn't mean the Preferred. Choose to look in the dictionary for specific definitions. Preference is subject to opinion while being best is subject to fact.

Here are a Few Choice Facts

UNP Based Bodies...

+ Larger Variety of Armor

+ Larger Variety of Skin Textures (they even share most CBBE textures)

+ Higher Quality build in both visual and modeling terms

+ Many Different Body Builds To choose from

- NO versatile body Slide customization

+ Variety of bodies to choose from

- Work for Mod Author

Has less competition because most bodies are based from it (excluding LadyBody, CHSBHC, ADEC Manga Body, ZGGB I'm sure I missed a few)

CBBE Based Bodies...

- Smaller Variety of Armors

- Smaller Variety of skin Textures

- Lower Quality build in both visual and modeling terms

++ Body Slide customization

+ Body Slide armor customization

- Work for Mod Author

- Work for Mod user

- Has more competition then UNP (such as UNP and its many flavors, Lady body, CHSBHC, ADEC Manga Body, ZGGB I'm sure I missed a few)

These Are subject to change and change quickly as the Modding community evolves but as it stands these points lack argument currently, and I'm sure there are many more points that could be deemed factual not mentioned here.

While UNP mainly battle against itself, CBBE's competition is heavy due to the concept it is built on "Big Butt Big BOOBs" and there are a few mods that do this well already without the hassle of body slide and stressful armor conversions to very similar specifications.

Though customization is the voice of freedom it comes with work. This work is shared with both Mod Author and Mod Users. As far as the CBBE following there are fewer Banners then UNP which bares many which has it's work cut out more for the mod authors. This issue in itself produces these questions.

*Do you wanna do the work? or Do you want the work done for you?

Truth is most Mod authors enjoy doing the work that they do where as most mod users don't want to do much work at all. All Mod authors are Mod users and want others to enjoy the fruits of their labors and as freely as possible, but not all Mod Users are Mod Authors and where there is freedom difficulties arise. Which is the reason mod sites much like this one has a technical issue forum, because free people who have little knowledge of what they're doing or what's going on blame it on the (ALCOHOL) the Mod author when they don't read the read me, and follow it precisely. So most Authors Avoid that subconsciously by making a choice for themselves (and you the mod user) of what they like and personalizes it to their liking. This actually minimizes Issues and helps identify them much easier, but doesn't cut down the request for conversions. Which takes me to my next point no one wants to do the conversion themselves. Though the benefit of the body slide is personal customization but even freedom has limits and most still don't want to do the work, which is why most just switch body types.

A choice solution

UNP based body users should to unite and make an all-in-one body slide having any UNP body type as starting mesh for personal customization. (though most of them are happy with the body they use, plus they already have the armors they want to go with)

CBBE based users should start doing conversions the UNP way (the hard way) and make them compatible with the CBBE body this will increase it's following and give it a larger variety of armors, which means you'll probably need to improve the quality of the body mesh. (like I said earlier "Freedom comes with work")

Yes, as the saying goes "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" be it CBBE or UNP Based the question is "What do you Prefer?" Because with work anybody has a chance to be the best.

Thank you,

GodKingLaw

P.S: Think I'm gonna Blog This

Here are a Few Choice Facts

UNP Based Bodies...

- Work for Mod Author

Has less competition because most bodies are based from it (excluding LadyBody, CHSBHC, ADEC Manga Body, ZGGB I'm sure I missed a few)

CBBE Based Bodies...

- Smaller Variety of Armors

- Smaller Variety of skin Textures

- Lower Quality build in both visual and modeling terms

++ Body Slide customization

+ Body Slide armor customization

- Work for Mod Author

- Work for Mod user

- Has more competition then UNP (such as UNP and its many flavors, Lady body, CHSBHC, ADEC Manga Body, ZGGB I'm sure I missed a few)

Made this clear already. No need do back to back comparison. Made clear everybody running to UNP just because 75% mods UNP.

Nothing do with character looks or whatever. Outfits control everything. Don't need be mod expert see how one sided this shit is. :dodgy:

UNP Based Bodies...

- Work for Mod Author

Aside from the outdated UNP, I only know of UNPB. What builds did I miss?

If someone makes a bodyslide for UNP, they don't need to care about Sub-bodies like SevenBase and Dreamgirl. They can have a seperate bodyslide. There is no need to make it complicated. I would use UNPB as base if it had a bodyslide but now I'm using BodyChange instead. It's quite easy to use actually.

There is one thing I don't understand. Do modders choose UNP only because it has more vertices? That doesn't make sense to me because more vertices doesn't make it more beautiful. It's the shape of the body that determines how good it looks and several types of overdone textures doesn't make it more attractive. When I look at some mods on the nexus it's like the only thing they care about is how detailed the skin looks and how you can see the pores/beads of sweat from miles away. :D

There is one thing I don't understand. Do modders choose UNP only because it has more vertices? That doesn't make sense to me because more vertices doesn't make it more beautiful. It's the shape of the body that determines how good it looks and several types of overdone textures doesn't make it more attractive.

When it comes to modders I doubt the number of vertices could have anything to do with it. I'd guess it's the unbelievable amount of support and resources available. That would make the most sense to me anyway.

Vertices count when you're making a character and pushing the sliders. Ever see CBBE boobs that are pushed to the limits up close? Yuck, they look horrible. Pushing UNP boobs to the limits doesn't result in something so oddly shaped with textures stretched to hell and back. Then again, I don't dig the floppy broodmother boobs anyway. :D

There is one thing I don't understand. Do modders choose UNP only because it has more vertices? That doesn't make sense to me because more vertices doesn't make it more beautiful. It's the shape of the body that determines how good it looks and several types of overdone textures doesn't make it more attractive. When I look at some mods on the nexus it's like the only thing they care about is how detailed the skin looks and how you can see the pores/beads of sweat from miles away. :D

More vertices means it's easier to modify because it produces smoother results. It's generally more pleasant to work with because it doesn't require as many corrections later. At least, this is in my own experience.

My opinion, as one of those "filthy casuals" you keep hearing about:

I use CBBE, but that's not for any kind of sentimental reason. It's just because when I first started, my char was an orc, so I wanted something bulkier (like, muscular, but work muscle, not gym muscle, if you know what I mean). CBBE wasn't perfect (waist too narrow, boobs too fake) but it was better for that than UNP, which looks very Kiera Knightly sort of skinny/wirey (not that that's bad, it just wasn't right for an orc. For an elf it'd be perfect). Once I discovered bodyslide, I was happy. Even with bodyslide there are a lot of adjustments I'd like to make but can't though, and the UV mapping on UNP def seems better for texture modding from what I've seen.

People say UNP has more verticies and that's better for making varients. That's grand (and true), but it's all for naught as long as it's not being capitalized on. The moment UNP has a bodyslide tool at least comperable to CBBE I'll jump ship to it. I'm not a brand loyalty type of guy, it's all about what I can actualy use.

I probably spend too much time on faffing with mods as it is, so I'm not really wanting to spend an hour in Blender everytime I want to try a new body shape. Tools are our friends, and no amount of "real modders do it by hand" pretension can overcome it's own laughabilty. Skyrim's cool and all, but there's a lot more to life. A lot. Spend too much time making boobs in blender, and I start thinking I could be making arty stuff to print and sell instead of arty stuff to entrench my face deeper into a game. And there's real boobs to think about as well (If I were sober I'd be able to wittily capitalize on writing that back to back with "entrench my face", but I'm not).

Gah, I suppose that comes off as a diss towards the modders who's work I benefit from. Not my intention. Everybody has their own sense of what is worthwhile to themselves, and that difference is a good thing, otherwise our species would still be in caves trying to repeatedy skin the same racoon for the past 10,000 years. I'm a little drunk right now, can you tell? ...Wait, I just mentioned not being sober, of course you can tell.

I will say though, I can't quite wrap my head around some of these posts where someone says "can't be bothered with bodyslide", then talks about doing gobs and oodles of swap testing trying to find the right base body varient and texture combo to get around not being arsed to spend 5 minutes in bodyslide. Doesn't that seem contradictory? It seems contradictory to me.

Anyway, those are my unwashed feelings.

Yup, it's UNPC and if you google "halofarm" you'll find it quite easily. I believe I saw a version of it on the Nexus, too.

http://mod.dysintropi.me/?s=unpc

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/searchresults/?

Thanks, it looks promising. Do you know if there is a TBBP version? Couldn't find it anywhere.

Not that I've seen anywhere. I did look, too. Between the lack of jiggle and very little armor/clothing I haven't even tried it out yet. I have UNPCM saved here right now, but haven't installed it for those reasons. I really like a healthy butt and realistic, modest breasts. Mmmmmm, such a nice combination. :D If someone could hook that body mesh up with the animations I'd be all over it, even with a limited choice in armors.

You can still use all UNP armors with it, since they have the same texture. The only problem is that your character's body suddenly gets another, but not too different, shape. In most cases you won't notice it though.

You can still use all UNP armors with it, since they have the same texture. The only problem is that your character's body suddenly gets another, but not too different, shape. In most cases you won't notice it though.

Yeah, any UNP-variant armor will work on any UNP-variant body, but "work" is being used kind of loosely here. :lol: I've experimented with it myself and it gives your character all new proportions. So I end up just using a base UNP with TBBP, I turn the weight up then use the sliders to make the breasts smaller. And I can still use UNP BBP/TBBP armors then (like this vanilla replacer http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34160/?).

I will say though, I can't quite wrap my head around some of these posts where someone says "can't be bothered with bodyslide", then talks about doing gobs and oodles of swap testing trying to find the right base body varient and texture combo to get around not being arsed to spend 5 minutes in bodyslide. Doesn't that seem contradictory? It seems contradictory to me.

Exactly what i was thinking :D

Anyway, i tryed UNP for one day and then i upgraded back to CBBE.

Tried UNPC and UNPCM, problem is they have almost zero clothing support; looks like if you don't use the default version of the UNP/7base body you have almost no clothing variation.

Is there even a simple armor/clothing conversion to UNP/7base? I've only managed to find this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34160/?

I use that and LSAR combined (and just use the clothing from LSAR). That pretties up (or sluttifies :D) the NPCs and gives me a wide array of armors to use. But there are other replacers on the Nexus. I was looking through the adult all time top mods and found more than one UNP replacer, even one that had a pile of clothing and armor options (but was like 400mb, too).

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20884/? <---- helps if you want BBP with the UNP body, but I don't use it myself to get it (I use a different body).

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/5564/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/9546/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21271/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20227/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4686/? <---- I use this for the beast races

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/19772/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22933/? (Newmiller has tons of piercings and such, too!)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34102/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/16050/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28099/?

None of those just simply fits the vanilla armors to the body or, if feminized, are still practical.

Looks like UNP/7base is for pinup girls but not fighters.

Archived