Can someone explain why people like UNP and 7base over CBBE?

Sabres

I don't understand the 7B craze either. It's a nice community and the modders behind it have done solid stuff otherwise, but yeah the boobs. Not even the cheapest plastic surgeon would call the 7B breasts a good job. Too high, too spherical and too close together; and if I recall, the nipples are misplaced as well. I can understand the UNP interest though, although for some it seems to be for the higher poly count, as if you can tell. CBBE's main problem is actually bodyslide and its lack of adoption by armor modders. Not perfectly happy with CBBE's groin and hips area mesh either, but there you go. With UNP you know exactly what you get, all armor will fit as it was intended.

It's not all about Original  or Bombshell's round, high tits. Natural has a rack similar to UNP-BBP but retains those wonderful thighs, calves and shoulders. From what I recall the objective was to create a Sports Ilustrated style athletic, hard bodied, well endowed figure. That's a sweet spot for many of us and they nailed it. 

Aren't the delicious thighs better on Bombshell's version though?  I seem to recall something like that.  That and most armor conversions being for the Bombshell (and some for Cleavage) means I couldn't use the Natural version when I wanted to, and the boobs on Bombshell are as artificial as they come.  And I didn't really like the fact that the weight slider wasn't doing that much besides changing the breast size a bit.  I prefer more variety, which is the reason I didn't like UNP either, too small boobs throughout the weight spectrum.  UNPB is overall the better UNP based body for me so far, acceptable weight slider differences, wider breast size selection, but I find the legs lacking.  So I have bodyslide ^ω^.  And I just added a ThighsPlus slider from Venus body, which makes the thighs almost like the 7base ones, so yay ^o^ Not if only there was a better calfs slider...

Aren't the delicious thighs better on Bombshell's version though?  I seem to recall something like that.  That and most armor conversions being for the Bombshell (and some for Cleavage) means I couldn't use the Natural version when I wanted to, and the boobs on Bombshell are as artificial as they come.

Yeah they are, no doubt - I meant the general 7b blueprint. Was it you or someone else who said they'd like Bombshell's thighs and Natural's tits? That'd be 7B perfection for me too.

Wearing armor though, the cleavage or bombshell variant wins. I've noticed that the author of I Love Cleavage (originally cbbe I believe) is making a lot of positive noise about 7B and our own Stevie's conversions. The push up effect is better with 7B imo. Those legs come into their own with conversions  like FuriousReason's Lich armor or any of the stuff that Shocky obviously went out of his way to select. 

Aren't the delicious thighs better on Bombshell's version though?  I seem to recall something like that.  That and most armor conversions being for the Bombshell (and some for Cleavage) means I couldn't use the Natural version when I wanted to, and the boobs on Bombshell are as artificial as they come.

Yeah they are, no doubt. Was it you or someone else who said they'd like Bombshell's thighs and Natural's tits? That'd be 7B perfection for me too.

Wearing armor though, the cleavage or bombshell variant wins. I've noticed that the author of I Love Cleavage (originally cbbe I believe) is making a lot of positive noise about 7B and our own Stevie's conversions. The push up effect is better with 7B imo. Those legs come into their own with conversions  like FuriousReason's Lich armor or any of the stuff that Shocky obviously went out of his way to select. 

Not sure about the Natural, but I think I've said I like 7b thighs at least twice on this thread :P  My issue with them is that when I used it, there wasn't too much of a variety with weight slider.  Thighs were basically the same across all weight settings and the breast size selection wasn't that large for my liking anyway.  Not sure why they don't go for more variety, I'm pretty sure textures can accommodate more variation.

Not sure about the Natural, but I think I've said I like 7b thighs at least twice on this thread :P  My issue with them is that when I used it, there wasn't too much of a variety with weight slider.  Thighs were basically the same across all weight settings and the breast size selection wasn't that large for my liking anyway.  Not sure why they don't go for more variety, I'm pretty sure textures can accommodate more variation.

You're spot on bob. There's little variation between low and high weight as I found out when doing my own OS conversions (none of my toons are less than 75). I'm sure there's definite room to  retain impressive thighs. All it takes is a low calorie (as compared to us) high protein and high impact lifestyle and you've got yourself a very lean but quite muscular low weight warrior. Be nice to see greater variation between the weights.

Well, it all depends on the situation. You can get away with a lot of things when playing at, say, 1080p, but when playing at 4k resolution, things that would otherwise look decent suddenly look terrible.

Same distance from the body as the daedric armor above:

cl5uklgmp8nprytoj.jpg

Even closer shot, w/o any noticeable blockiness/aliasing (except for jpeg compression artifacts):

cl5uklh34gpw0qx1f.jpg

Again, it's just a matter of personal choice. Do I need 8k skin textures instead of 4k? Definitely not. But do I want it? Of course.

Aegis, please share this. I don't ask for much in life and would love this outfit :( You have private messages turned off. Would be great if you can send me a message, thanks for any help.

I'm just your average gamer running on a slightly better than average rig, I can run 4k textures but its a massive hit in game... my characters are usually the no armor (or light), dagger toting spellslinger so using a heavily muscled amazon is not my play style... that being said, I'm a UNP user, but I did use cbbe skinny before that, back then, we didn't have much choice it was either cbbe or vanilla...  truth be told, I would never switch from a UNP base body. I currently use UNPB BBP and with the Race Menu sliders I can almost duplicate the UNPetite (my favorite body mod) or I can make my character as fat as I want, toss some heavy armor on her, give her a two handed sword and she still looks good doing it... its the most versatile body out there... It's UNP, there is no debate needed.  

Aren't the delicious thighs better on Bombshell's version though?  I seem to recall something like that.  That and most armor conversions being for the Bombshell (and some for Cleavage) means I couldn't use the Natural version when I wanted to, and the boobs on Bombshell are as artificial as they come.  And I didn't really like the fact that the weight slider wasn't doing that much besides changing the breast size a bit.  I prefer more variety, which is the reason I didn't like UNP either, too small boobs throughout the weight spectrum.  UNPB is overall the better UNP based body for me so far, acceptable weight slider differences, wider breast size selection, but I find the legs lacking.  So I have bodyslide ^ω^.  And I just added a ThighsPlus slider from Venus body, which makes the thighs almost like the 7base ones, so yay ^o^ Not if only there was a better calfs slider...

All the Sevenbase variants have the same great thighs, but only Bombshell has more defined calves. The only Natural armors that I know of are Bouncy Bodices and Booties and a version of the Nightshade Armor, both on Nexus. With Outfit Studio, it may be easier to create new ones...

All the Sevenbase variants have the same great thighs, but only Bombshell has more defined calves. The only Natural armors that I know of are Bouncy Bodices and Booties and a version of the Nightshade Armor, both on Nexus. With Outfit Studio, it may be easier to create new ones...

Aha! I knew Bombshell had SOME leg difference.  I was pretty sure, I didn't remember it was the calves though.  It's not like bombshell or cleavage are bad for armor due to their pushup effect and such, but you hardly ever see the character naked and using another setting for the armor kinda makes having the specific body underneath pointless.

Guest corespore

I used Calientes CBBE body almost from the start of my Skyrim modding, i kept the body type vanilla and i loved the textures. It wasn't until i switched to mod organizer that i discovered the rather dark fact that it had a fo-mod installer that was nexus dependant. Basically unless you're using NMM it will never install properly.

Okay, I don't want to derail this topic or anything, but I guess I just don't quite understand the various mod install methods for Skyrim.  In New Vegas, there were basically two ways of installing an .esp or .bsa or .fomod: Nexus Mod Manager, or the older but still clearly functional Fallout Mod Manager (FOMM).  I used the latter, because the thought of letting some combination webpage+app control certain aspects of things out of sight didn't sit well with me.  Never had a problem with FOMM.

With Skyrim, I gather the situation has changed?  Every mod I've grabbed from Nexus has had a manual download option and I've always picked it.  I've been assuming that when the time comes, I'll just need to grab the Skyrim equivalent of FOMM and start activating .esps.  But I've read people talk about "Nexus-only mods" before, and now this thing about a mod being "Nexus dependent".  Really?  So like, you literally cannot install the assets of certain mods without it first doing something like asking Nexus for permission?  Are these mods not basically just data that gets shoved into the data folder?

Terrible confusion here. ;p

Not sure what sort of problem he had with the CBBE installer, I use MO and it's installing fine.  Many mods on nexus only come with a nexus installer, they're on nexus, it's to be expected.  Pretty sure you can do a manual installation with these anyway.

i did get CBBE V3 to work eventually using MO, after i installed the fo-mod installer patch. I didn't mean to say it doesn't work at all. My point was i prefer to not use a mod whose fo-mod installer is nexus dependent. Mod Organizer will install the mod but that overwrite tag on the version next to the mods name felt like a punch to the gut every time i saw it. Had i not switched to MO i would have continued to use CBBE unaware of how fo-mods actually function. But once i became aware of the fact i made a choice to change to something else, not because CBBE was bad or didn't work using MO, but i have a rather harsh opinion of nexus site dependent fo-mod installers and made a conscious decision not to use or support any mods that use them. In the end the switch was a matter of personal opinion, both CBBE and UNP are great mods. However, most of the UNP body mods are packaged without fo-mods and therefore are far easier to install using MO, having to manually install a mod in order to get it work is an unacceptable slight against the mod user. As a mod maker myself i consider it our responsibility to make our mods easy to install no matter what mod manager you employ, i may not like NMM but i don't package my mods to be bias against them. Yet some mod authors choose to package their mods to be bias toward only one specific method of installation (NMM), it's their choice and i respect it but i will not use or support the products of such decisions. 

That's why I use Natural Bob, for those few moments that my toon's naked I want to see  gravity  having at least a bit of an effect. The rest of the time Bombshell suits most of the really skimpy armors because of it's legs, and 7b cleavage stuff is the best push-up effect in the game imo.  

Sevenbase bombshell VS CBBE

Ok these are just the base body's from this follower, I could make cbbe's legs and butt mimic the sevenbase but other than that the cbbe has much better boobs. The butt could also be replicated in CBBE. I just don't feel like going through all that. Was hard enough getting her to stand in the same spot lol. I don't see huge vertice issue making cbbe ugly...

post-136801-0-36700600-1390543740_thumb.jpg

post-136801-0-12474200-1390543749_thumb.jpg

I don't really see how the thighs and butt on that CBBE body look anything like Sevenbase's (although I do agree that the boobs look way better...still can't compare with UNPB though ;)).

I dunno. I can't remember just exactly how they looked, but they have the light patch under the breasts same as UNP, just more pronounced. But the major problem with UNPB boobs is the fact that alot of armors made for it, the armor author didn't bother flattening the breasts at all, so you end up with very bizarre looking torpedo tit armor. See Shredded Triss UNPB version for an example.

I don't really see how the thighs and butt on that CBBE body look anything like Sevenbase's (although I do agree that the boobs look way better...still can't compare with UNPB though ;)).

I dunno. I can't remember just exactly how they looked, but they have the light patch under the breasts same as UNP, just more pronounced. But the major problem with UNPB boobs is the fact that alot of armors made for it, the armor author didn't bother flattening the breasts at all, so you end up with very bizarre looking torpedo tit armor. See Shredded Triss UNPB version for an example.

That's probably because the armor was never intended to work with huge breasts which is also why most vanilla plate armors look weird when converted to a body with big breasts. Flattening them however would render the whole point of using UNPB, the big boobies, kinda pointless.

Well, I guess you could flatten them but still keep them bigger than UNP, which should be flattened as well if you want to go for somewhat more realistic armor. I guess circ's issue is more with the pointy boobs many UNPB armors have and not size alone. If so, I'd agree with him; my original comment was more with respect to the naked body itself.

Ok these are just the base body's from this follower, I could make cbbe's legs and butt mimic the sevenbase but other than that the cbbe has much better boobs. The butt could also be replicated in CBBE. I just don't feel like going through all that. Was hard enough getting her to stand in the same spot lol. I don't see huge vertice issue making cbbe ugly...

You can add the ThighsPlus slider from Venus body into the SliderSet xml file you're using and try again, that would bring the thighs more up to the task xP  That's what I did anyway

Obviously the CBBE would have better boobs anyway,  you can make them look like they're not pumped with silicone xP Or you can make them do just that, but why do that? xP

Well, I guess you could flatten them but still keep them bigger than UNP, which should be flattened as well if you want to go for somewhat more realistic armor. I guess circ's issue is more with the pointy boobs many UNPB armors have and not size alone. If so, I'd agree with him; my original comment was more with respect to the naked body itself.

I guess it depends on how you convert them. If you for example take a UNP armor and just make the breast area bigger it'll indeed end up with "torpedo boobs".

A chestplate I converted to UNPBO for personal use. UNPBO is already flatter than UNPB but the UNPB version doesn't look much different. I didn't just drag out the vertices around the breasts and be done with it (I do that sometimes) but tried to keep the original look of the armor to a certain degree. It's in no way supposed to look like a "realistic" breastplate but I'd say it also doesn't just look like I slapped huge jugs on it either.

post-27790-0-51227100-1390556030_thumb.png

post-27790-0-50053500-1390556053_thumb.png

I really want to use CBBE instead of 7Base but Most of my armor and cloth is 7Base so . . . yeah

The issue with Bodyslide is this. People don't want to use it because there's not enough outfits for it. The problem is that modelers don't want to make outfits for it since people don't want to use it. 

MAYDAY, ERROR SYSTEM

I really want to use CBBE instead of 7Base but Most of my armor and cloth is 7Base so . . . yeah

The issue with Bodyslide is this. People don't want to use it because there's not enough outfits for it. The problem is that modelers don't want to make outfits for it since people don't want to use it. 

MAYDAY, ERROR SYSTEM

Chicken and egg question.  Modelers don't make bodyslide outfits because people don't use it, or people don't use it because modelers don't make enough outfits for it?

Why not do that then? It might be hard but that way,you, the OP, could prove that CBBE / bodyslide can do a 7B replica'. I've seen a lot of users claim that Bodyslide can do a 7B version, yet no one posted any pictures with a 7B preset that really looks like 7B and not some fat ass with other imperfections. Threads like this are uselss,everyone will defend their prefered body, however you asked why people like UNP over CBBE, do you understand from all the replies here why?

IF someone manages to do a 7B preset, that really looks like a sevenbase body, thats it, I'll resign. But that ain't gonna make me switch to CBBE simply because someone did that, I like my amazonian / silicone body because its perfect for me, I don't want to change it in any way, I like it how it is, thats why I don't use CBBE or other tools to modify it, because I already like what Sevennity & the team did with the body, here is my explanation to your question why I like this over that.

Why not do that then? It might be hard but that way,you, the OP, could prove that CBBE / bodyslide can do a 7B replica'. I've seen a lot of users claim that Bodyslide can do a 7B version, yet no one posted any pictures with a 7B preset that really looks like 7B and not some fat ass with other imperfections. Threads like this are uselss,everyone will defend their prefered body, however you asked why people like UNP over CBBE, do you understand from all the replies here why?

IF someone manages to do a 7B preset, that really looks like a sevenbase body, thats it, I'll resign. But that ain't gonna make me switch to CBBE simply because someone did that, I like my amazonian / silicone body because its perfect for me, I don't want to change it in any way, I like it how it is, thats why I don't use CBBE or other tools to modify it, because I already like what Sevennity & the team did with the body, here is my explanation to your question why I like this over that.

Here, I'm sure it's pretty close and I wasn't using a reference either (I mean the thighs, I didn't try the calves, and the boobs I didn't want to turn into unyielding plastic :P) Both are using vampire textures.  It's easy tor recognize which is which since you've done lots of conversions with 7base.  Pretty sure with a bit of tweaking, I can reach the same proportions.  In case you're wondering, I'm using a ThighsPlus slider from Venus body to tweak the thighs, I didn't raise it too far cause in bodyslide, the shape tends to look slightly different than the actual body and I worried it'll make the thighs a bit too fat.  With the standard thigh sliders, you generally can't get that close to a 7base leg shape.  It's not going to be perfect.  As you can see, the extra slider's effect is more spread out while the 7base body leaves space around the knee unaltered.

post-202237-0-04571400-1390567382_thumb.jpgpost-202237-0-29623300-1390567386_thumb.jpgpost-202237-0-75274500-1390567389_thumb.jpgpost-202237-0-38490900-1390567393_thumb.jpg

The case of course is that it's a matter of sliders.  If you have more sliders, you have more options.  To a good extent, the good part of 7base can be replicated.  Sure, my initial tweak is not identical, and normally I doubt it'll be, unless I tweak the other thing and legs sliders, too, but it's already close enough without using a reference for it.

And tomorrow morning, I might want a base UNP shape, 5 minutes to convert my body and all compatible outfits to that instead of mod-hunting for conversions.

Here, I'm sure it's pretty close and I wasn't using a reference either (I mean the thighs, I didn't try the calves, and the boobs I didn't want to turn into unyielding plastic :P) Both are using vampire textures.  It's easy tor recognize which is which since you've done lots of conversions with 7base.  Pretty sure with a bit of tweaking, I can reach the same proportions.  In case you're wondering, I'm using a ThighsPlus slider from Venus body to tweak the thighs, I didn't raise it too far cause in bodyslide, the shape tends to look slightly different than the actual body and I worried it'll make the thighs a bit too fat.  With the standard thigh sliders, you generally can't get that close to a 7base leg shape.  It's not going to be perfect.  As you can see, the extra slider's effect is more spread out while the 7base body leaves space around the knee unaltered.

attachicon.gif2014-01-24_00001.jpgattachicon.gif2014-01-24_00002.jpgattachicon.gif2014-01-24_00003.jpgattachicon.gif2014-01-24_00004.jpg

The case of course is that it's a matter of sliders.  If you have more sliders, you have more options.  To a good extent, the good part of 7base can be replicated.  Sure, my initial tweak is not identical, and normally I doubt it'll be, unless I tweak the other thing and legs sliders, too, but it's already close enough without using a reference for it.

And tomorrow morning, I might want a base UNP shape, 5 minutes to convert my body and all compatible outfits to that instead of mod-hunting for conversions.

im no expert but you might want to get your eyes checked

attachicon.gif2014-01-24_00001.jpgattachicon.gif2014-01-24_00002.jpgattachicon.gif2014-01-24_00003.jpgattachicon.gif2014-01-24_00004.jpg

im no expert but you might want to get your eyes checked

I'm afraid my eyes are 20/20, so said medical science so that's kinda indisputable, which makes that argument busted.

Archived