Can someone explain why people like UNP and 7base over CBBE?

Sabres

Well... you've got CBBE what I've never managed to generate a model to my liking, CBBE-armours mostly of the ridiculous breast-implant-type and/or barely hiding the nipple and/or pubic hair showing. UNP-B(reastimplant) I've tried but didn't like. UNP normal & skinny looking ridiculous arms and so on in SexLab-animations. UNP has atleast some nice lore-friendly and semi-skimpy alongside some ridiculous-skimpy armous/clothes. Dream Girl is better-looking nude than either CBBE or UNP but is severely lacking in armous/clothes-department...

Frankly for the 90%+ of the time I've not got SexLab installed, I'm mostly using the default Skyrim-model since all models has their weaknesses. Without SexLab I'm not normally pausing playing the game to start stripping, so having ugly underwear or not doesn't really matter.

Arguing about the default CBBE textures is a bit weird too (which are pretty good if you like those super clean skins).

But hey, it's not that there aren't a shitload of  different CBBE compatible textures to choose from, young or mature, clean or moles and scars, shaved or hairy like a bear, hence with texblend you can even combine all that (another tool which doesn't get enough attention imo).

I suggest everyone to play around with Calientes tools a bit, maybe read one of the many tutorials and documentations provided by them and other people. It's really really powerful and easy to handle (and like blabba said, if you have a little bit of experience you can expand it's usability even more). I'm really happy we have modders like her who work on such fantastic things.

I like the super clean skin and one reason i won't even touch UNP is that u can't get that kind of skin for it. It wouldn't even have to be super clean, just clean would be nice. All the UNP skins looks like they spend too much time under the sun and it's covered by some kind of dirt and crap. Super clean is more realistic imo. Take a look at your own skin it's pretty smooth at least mine is.

have you looked for a clean skin for UNP Bodies? SG is one... Also, most of the CBBE textures usually have a compatibility patch for UNP, 7B, and ADEC... So your argument is invalid .-.

Point me towards a clean skin textures and prove me wrong. SG female textures renewal is clean? The skin looked like she was 100 years old.

You can use an option without scars or muscles, it's in the optional SG files.  Not sure what you mean by clean other than that.

Arguing about the default CBBE textures is a bit weird too (which are pretty good if you like those super clean skins).

But hey, it's not that there aren't a shitload of  different CBBE compatible textures to choose from, young or mature, clean or moles and scars, shaved or hairy like a bear, hence with texblend you can even combine all that (another tool which doesn't get enough attention imo).

I suggest everyone to play around with Calientes tools a bit, maybe read one of the many tutorials and documentations provided by them and other people. It's really really powerful and easy to handle (and like blabba said, if you have a little bit of experience you can expand it's usability even more). I'm really happy we have modders like her who work on such fantastic things.

I like the super clean skin and one reason i won't even touch UNP is that u can't get that kind of skin for it. It wouldn't even have to be super clean, just clean would be nice. All the UNP skins looks like they spend too much time under the sun and it's covered by some kind of dirt and crap. Super clean is more realistic imo. Take a look at your own skin it's pretty smooth at least mine is.

have you looked for a clean skin for UNP Bodies? SG is one... Also, most of the CBBE textures usually have a compatibility patch for UNP, 7B, and ADEC... So your argument is invalid .-.

Point me towards a clean skin textures and prove me wrong. SG female textures renewal is clean? The skin looked like she was 100 years old.

You can use an option without scars or muscles, it's in the optional SG files.  Not sure what you mean by clean other than that.

No that's not what i mean, that's SMOOTH like it's described in the optional downloads. Clean means the skin is not covered by crap lol.

Funny to see how no one is talking about cnhf or DreamGirl really.  They are better constructed than any of the above mentioned body mods (imo anyhow), only too young in content and in DreamGirls case, imperfections such as seams still need fixing.

I did early in the thread. I agree with you about DG, especially now that it has a slightly weightier version thanks to Newmiller. But yeah, it does suffer from poor texture support currently, those SG textures got pulled from Nexus as the author got fed up with complaints, but I think they were somewhat justified as they don't do the body a lot of justice.

And upping DG's bulk even mildly does have a downside, the breast curve gains some noticeable corners, extremely incongruous for an otherwise supremely well sculpted body. I did flirt with it for a while but I'm back in happy happy  joy joy 7B land. 

Yeah totally agree with this. I myself just converted the khmera body textures from nexus to it, they do look good too, but the trouble with converting textures to DG is the butt seam, which can only be gotten rid of if you do manipulation of the DG original _MSN, mainly the butt area, so you can just use the default DG _MSN's but it defeats the purpose of the converted textures in a way, I hope Petrovich gets back on the horse and gets the new UV's done. I too went back to 7B. CNHF is pretty damn good looking too, the textures unlike DG are spot on, nearly perfect, but it's lack of armor and content just makes it sit here on the corner of my screen awaiting new content some day... and then it will be another waiting game for it since I do not like the boobless female armor scheme Calyps is doing with CNHF armors. I like my female armors to look like female armors, not like a woman wearing a mans gear.

No that's not what i mean, that's SMOOTH like it's described in the optional downloads. Clean means the skin is not covered by crap lol.

I'm using clean UNP textures myself. Try this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34976/?

The textures are slightly lighter, but probably as clean as you can get for UNP. Also, their resolution is pretty high.

EDIT: There's also the fair skin texture set, which was originally made for UNP :).

Hm, that does look interesting.  I'll try it later.  Pity it's compressed with no folders whatsoever... Got to wonder what are these people thinking sometimes.

Nothing a good old fashioned drag n' drop couldn't fix! What the creators had in mind is making the packaging more convenient for users.

Hm, that does look interesting.  I'll try it later.  Pity it's compressed with no folders whatsoever... Got to wonder what are these people thinking sometimes.

Nothing a good old fashioned drag n' drop couldn't fix! What the creators had in mind is making the packaging more convenient for users.

I am aware of how to install mods xP  Convenient would be actually having the file structure in, so mod managers can install them.  As it is, I had to create the folders myself.  Sure it's not a BIG deal, but it gives the impression that whoever packed it couldn't care less.  Plus, I seriously doubt most people know where these files go xP  And this is as offtopic as it can possibly be xP

What is thi...I don't even.

I don't get it either. Anything "cleaner" than SG will just look like plastic Barbie Doll "skin". :lol:

I'm using clean UNP textures myself. Try this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34976/?

The textures are slightly lighter, but probably as clean as you can get for UNP. Also, their resolution is pretty high.

EDIT: There's also the fair skin texture set, which was originally made for UNP :).

I've used the fair skin set, too. The best I've ever used was a mashup of layers from Milkdrinker, fair skin and SG. Seamless and attractive.

Since we have a concourse of UNP/7base lovers here can someone of those point me in the direction of a UNP/7base body mod with a well-shaped lower body but no oversized/fake-looking boobs?

I like the lower body of 7base but as it has already been mentioned the 7base boobs look disgusting compared to CBBE, and while the screenshots of the 7base B-cup body look nice in-game the boobs are still (close to) oversized (maybe the installer is bugged and copies the wrong files?). Every "slim" body mod with "small"/realistically sized boobs has no curves and look more like a supermodel/child than a woman.

Since we have a concourse of UNP/7base lovers here can someone of those point me in the direction of a UNP/7base body mod with a well-shaped lower body but no oversized/fake-looking boobs?

I like the lower body of 7base but as it has already been mentioned the 7base boobs look disgusting compared to CBBE, and while the screenshots of the 7base B-cup body look nice in-game the boobs are still (close to) oversized (maybe the installer is bugged and copies the wrong files?). Every "slim" body mod with "small"/realistically sized boobs has no curves and look more like a supermodel/child than a woman.

You could try the natural version.  Personally, I prefer the b-cup version mainly because of the weight slider variation.  The weight 100 boobs are still an issue but at least the rest of the weight slider is mostly ok, and the HDT physics make it bounce enough to lessen the breast implant impression.  I think only the bombshell versions have that fake boobs look, the rest seem mostly ok, although every other body still has more naturally looking boobs, or at least less unnatural.

You might want to try UNPC.  If I recall correctly, that has modest boobs but with a curvier lower bottom, although I haven't personally tried it.

More like this? 

2014_01_25_00021.jpg

2014_01_25_00016.jpg

2014_01_25_00017.jpg

I wish someone could copy the weighting of DG to UNP and it's variants because that's one of the things that bugs me about UNP and one of the really superior features of Dream Girl. The legs and arms just bend way better and don't look like your character is missing some bones in his body.

Dream Girl is better-looking nude than either CBBE or UNP but is severely lacking in armous/clothes-department...

I think it's the same with LadyBody. Both Replacers go for a nice, realistic shape and not for big boobs, so most people are simply not interested in it ...

CBBE/7base have (compared with UNB) huge, unnatural (as though are not affected by the force of attraction) disgusting boobs. 

Oh yeah, skinning is made as though for the pipe (arms and legs break down 

Disgusting...

Nothing you can't fix with Bodyslide ...

I use a modified skinny to big preset (from the old CB++ ones) with very natural looking breasts.

The slim version isn't very huge either though ...

You could try the natural version.  Personally, I prefer the b-cup version mainly because of the weight slider variation.  The weight 100 boobs are still an issue but at least the rest of the weight slider is mostly ok, and the HDT physics make it bounce enough to lessen the breast implant impression.  I think only the bombshell versions have that fake boobs look, the rest seem mostly ok, although every other body still has more naturally looking boobs, or at least less unnatural.

You might want to try UNPC.  If I recall correctly, that has modest boobs but with a curvier lower bottom, although I haven't personally tried it.

There's UNPC (curvy) and there UNPCM (curvy, modest=nice ass and smaller boobs). I have the UNPCM body type here in a zip, but haven't used it yet. It doesn't have much in the way of clothing or armor yet.

There's UNPC (curvy) and there UNPCM (curvy, modest=nice ass and smaller boobs). I have the UNPCM body type here in a zip, but haven't used it yet. It doesn't have much in the way of clothing or armor yet.

Main reason why I didn't try it, not much to wear with it.   That, and the modder kinda puts me off.

CBBE/7base have (compared with UNB) huge, unnatural (as though are not affected by the force of attraction) disgusting boobs. 

Oh yeah, skinning is made as though for the pipe (arms and legs break down 

Disgusting...

Nothing you can't fix with Bodyslide ...

I use a modified skinny to big preset (from the old CB++ ones) with very natural looking breasts.

The slim version isn't very huge either though ...

Why do I need this? Suffering with some Bodyslide.

You just do not try animate CBbody - it's a nightmare.

Archived