Can someone explain why people like UNP and 7base over CBBE?

Sabres

I'm loving the fitness body with sevenbase. Perfect little jiggle with a feminine figure, and the beautiful muscles and arm veins I love in a woman  :blush:

I used Barbarian textures with Seven Base Bombshell to make a She-Hulk character. Looked pretty good actually, and I'm not even into muscular women! :lol:

The problem with CBBE is... the butt is TOO DAMN BIG!!! While you can adjust CBBE using bodyslide, NOBODY but a modder is going to. They want it already done, not to do it themselves. And in that case, UNP is better. If you like regular boobs, UNP; if you like big knockers, UNPB; if you like them small, UNPSlim.

Ahh, no.  

I'm not a modder.

Bodyslide is sooo easy to use - it makes it easier to set up the body of your character than the face or name.

Don't like the booty - change it!

Want bigger/smaller/different shape boobs, do that.

What i want is for all armor mods to be bodyslide compatable.

If it could also be used for a high poly mesh - that would be sublime.

This is the important part. While you may be able to get all kinds of different shapes with bodyslide it's still the rather low poly CBBE at it's core and whenever I look at a CBBE-based body it just doesn't look good to me. Certain features are completely unpronounced, the thighs for example look like these plump...marshmallow...things and the breasts, no matter how much I tweak them, look... weird. Even Bombshell's breasts, while obviously fake, somehow just look better.

There's just something about the base mesh that bothers me, I can't clearly tell what it is but it can't be changed with just tweaking a bunch of sliders.

The problem with CBBE is... the butt is TOO DAMN BIG!!! While you can adjust CBBE using bodyslide, NOBODY but a modder is going to. They want it already done, not to do it themselves. And in that case, UNP is better. If you like regular boobs, UNP; if you like big knockers, UNPB; if you like them small, UNPSlim.

Ahh, no.  

I'm not a modder.

Bodyslide is sooo easy to use - it makes it easier to set up the body of your character than the face or name.

This is the important part. While you may be able to get all kinds of different shapes with bodyslide it's still the rather low poly CBBE at it's core and whenever I look at a CBBE-based body it just doesn't look good to me. Certain features are completely unpronounced, the thighs for example look like these plump...marshmallow...things and the breasts, no matter how much I tweak them, look... weird. Even Bombshell's breasts, while obviously fake, somehow just look better.

There's just something about the base mesh that bothers me, I can't clearly tell what it is but it can't be changed with just tweaking a bunch of sliders.

I don't know if this answers anything, but my view from an artist's approach: The body is exaggerated. thinking about further CBBE is very customizable, but who's to say that UNP and 7-base aren't the same. the truth in lies that Unp and 7-base are more complete and look more realistic. They have better features. CBBE is a raw skeleton, good for testing but not long term playing.

UNP fan myself, by the way.

Guest corespore

Oh, lord. Honestly, i loved CBBE.................still do. My reason for switching to UNP was Calientes use of a nexus fo-mod installer to get her mod to work. Yes, you can get CBBE to work without NMM but for MO users or manual installers it requires either a bunch of file moving or a file that requires the nexus fo-mod installer into being fooled into thinking NMM is installed. As a mod author and mod user i find this forced requirement inexcusable. It just doesn't make sense that anyone would assume that the end user is always going to use NMM. If Caliente made it so that the fo-mod installer didn't require any nexus support I'd switch back in a heart beat. UNP is good but as a personal preference CBBE has always looked better to me. I have managed to mash together a few UNP mods to get somewhat close to CBBE, but it's still a little heartbreaking i had to give it up in the first place. 

Oh, lord. Honestly, i loved CBBE.................still do. My reason for switching to UNP was Calientes use of a nexus fo-mod installer to get her mod to work. Yes, you can get CBBE to work without NMM but for MO users or manual installers it requires either a bunch of file moving or a file that requires the nexus fo-mod installer into being fooled into thinking NMM is installed. As a mod author and mod user i find this forced requirement inexcusable. It just doesn't make sense that anyone would assume that the end user is always going to use NMM. If Caliente made it so that the fo-mod installer didn't require any nexus support I'd switch back in a heart beat. UNP is good but as a personal preference CBBE has always looked better to me. I have managed to mash together a few UNP mods to get somewhat close to CBBE, but it's still a little heartbreaking i had to give it up in the first place.

All fomod installed mods work fine in my Mod Organizer. Is yours broken? :lol: NCC is the key, my man. You need NCC added to MO for third party installers. Watch this....

Guest corespore

All fomod installed mods work fine in my Mod Organizer. Is yours broken? :lol: NCC is the key, my man. You need NCC added to MO for third party installers. Watch this....

No, no. That WAS my entire point. The very fact it requires that file in the first place is my issue with it. It's only one of two mods i've ran across that need NCC to work. Considering a have atleast a dozen mods running that require fo-mods and none except CBBE require that file to fool the mod into working is the very problem. It has always worked for me using MO but that red exclamation mark was always there like a slap in the face. Like nexus was hovering over my mods list telling me "you can't use this mod that isn't ours on your PC without our permission....MWA HAHAHAHAHAHHA". Nexus fo-mod installers are the equivalent of half-assed attempts from Nexus at DRM, and i refuse to support any mods and\or mod authors that support than crap. 

If you got the red flag it isn't because Nexus is trolling you! :lol: It's because you may have the wrong version of NCC for the version of MO you're running. I have that warning, too, but fomods still install just fine. I also manually download from Nexus and I can still install fomods from archives.

I'm loving the fitness body with sevenbase. Perfect little jiggle with a feminine figure, and the beautiful muscles and arm veins I love in a woman  :blush:

I used Barbarian textures with Seven Base Bombshell to make a She-Hulk character. Looked pretty good actually, and I'm not even into muscular women! :lol:

Sweet, I'll try it out! Barbarian looks nice c:

that why i stick and will for a good damn time with dreamgirl, for me at least its almost perfect ( more boobs size options helps to get perfect lol), ilove the way that moves at game, seeing a killmove with dreamgirl its soberb, but its tastes anyway, some people like onion and some people not.

Ahh, no.  

I'm not a modder.

I don't know if this answers anything, but my view from an artist's approach: The body is exaggerated. thinking about further CBBE is very customizable, but who's to say that UNP and 7-base aren't the same. the truth in lies that Unp and 7-base are more complete and look more realistic. They have better features. CBBE is a raw skeleton, good for testing but not long term playing.

UNP fan myself, by the way.

I could accept that for UNP maybe, but glory-to-silicone boobs 7base looks more realistic? Ooook....

Also Unibody, homebrewed around here, is in Alpha stage now, which is basically a high-poly, Bodyslide compatible body.  One body to rule them all and all that, provided it gets finished.

I could accept that for UNP maybe, but glory-to-silicone boobs 7base looks more realistic? Ooook....

Also Unibody, homebrewed around here, is in Alpha stage now, which is basically a high-poly, Bodyslide compatible body.  One body to rule them all and all that, provided it gets finished.

At weight 0, remymartin's 7Base Oppai has large and natural-looking boobs.

post-86261-0-60906600-1401291537_thumb.jpg

Seven Base Bombshell with Barbarian textures. She looks a lot like the She Hulk from the comics (just a little prettier).

post-243307-0-62871700-1401298544_thumb.jpg

One Bodyslider to rule them all, One Bodyslider to find them,

One Bodysilder to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

All hail Lord Blabba Sauron, his orangeship.

Seven Base Bombshell with Barbarian textures. She looks a lot like the She Hulk from the comics (just a little prettier).

attachicon.gifScreenShot138.jpg

Wow, she looks amazing :D

So far I have this. I love fitness body! Although Barbarian textures look even more promising than base.

post-439135-0-79032300-1401303648_thumb.jpg

So far I have this. I love fitness body! Although Barbarian textures look even more promising than base.

I guess that since you like veins you may not be a huge fan of Barbarian textures since it's lacking those. But I don't see why one could use Barbarian AND fitness body together.

I guess that since you like veins you may not be a huge fan of Barbarian textures since it's lacking those. But I don't see why one could use Barbarian AND fitness body together.

It should. I think it works with most anything although it only mentions UNP or CBBE. The texture blender is amazing ^^

Guest corespore

One Bodyslider to rule them all, One Bodyslider to find them,

One Bodysilder to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

All hail Lord Blabba Sauron, his orangeship.

Archived