Took a look at a diff, the only thing noteworthy I could find was the addition of an alpha argument to simple_add_tattoo.

from (version 1.1.1)

bool function simple_add_tattoo(Actor target, string section, string name, int color = 0, bool last = true, bool silent = false) global
to (version 1.2)

bool function simple_add_tattoo(Actor target, string section, string name, int color = 0, bool last = true, bool silent = false, float alpha = 1.0) global
And the alpha thingy is applied that way:

JMap.setFlt(tattoo, "invertedAlpha", 1.0 - alpha)
Which "nullify" the argument by default.

Edit:

In the `apply_overlay` function, there are changes around that very argument. Some parameters passed along NiOverride changed from `1.0` to `alpha`, which in this case send `0.0`. Try to put alpha to 2.0 in your simple_add_tattoo see if it changes anything?

I only too a very succinct look, I may very be wrong. (Edit2: I was wrong, changing alpha would change nothing because 1.0 should still be the end result. I have to learn to properly analyze before putting fingers to key.)

Took a look at a diff, the only thing noteworthy I could find was the addition of an alpha argument to simple_add_tattoo.

Not sure if that's the cause, but I might as well check it out. Since I'm not passing any arguments, it should just use the default case, whatever that is.

So this:

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(Game.GetPlayer(), "ccas", "Grine Woad", 76153)

Would become this:

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(Game.GetPlayer(), "ccas", "Grine Woad", 76153, true, false, 1.0)

Which seems unnecessary, but I'm not an expert or anything. :)

EDIT: Sure enough. Apparently the new modevent requires all arguments to be passed. I guess it doesn't have any default cases?

Fixed for v12.

I'm wondering if it's not the color argument I passed that is now the problem. I'm trying for a blue, because that's how the cows are painted, but black is okay too.

I'll try both options when I get a minute.

Not sure if that's the cause, but I might as well check it out. Since I'm not passing any arguments, it should just use the default case, whatever that is.

So this:

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(Game.GetPlayer(), "ccas", "Grine Woad", 76153)

Would become this:

SlaveTats.simple_add_tattoo(Game.GetPlayer(), "ccas", "Grine Woad", 76153, true, false, 1.0)

Which seems unnecessary, but I'm not an expert or anything. smile.png

EDIT: Sure enough. Apparently the new modevent requires all arguments to be passed. I guess it doesn't have any default cases?

Fixed for v12.

I'm wondering if it's not the color argument I passed that is now the problem. I'm trying for a blue, because that's how the cows are painted, but black is okay too.

I'll try both options when I get a minute.

It does have defaults, but it's possible some saved state was messing things up for you.

murfk:  I just created a new character (new save, etc) updating to the current SlaveTats and using your Dibellan Defender mod for this character.  But DD doesn't seem to register the DD Slave Tats assigned.  If I take the same new character (same mods, order, etc) but use the previous SlaveTats (1.1.1), DD works recognizes the DDTats assigned.  I'll post the in the DD thread as well.

murfk:  I just created a new character (new save, etc) updating to the current SlaveTats and using your Dibellan Defender mod for this character.  But DD doesn't seem to register the DD Slave Tats assigned.  If I take the same new character (same mods, order, etc) but use the previous SlaveTats (1.1.1), DD works recognizes the DDTats assigned.  I'll post the in the DD thread as well.

I haven't recompiled DD for SlaveTats 1.2 yet.

Hey Murfk, just a "Thank you" for the ModEvents in the last update (and for the update in general wink.png )

You're welcome. Yeah, it was a long gap between releases.

I haven't recompiled DD for SlaveTats 1.2 yet.

Figured it was something like that.  Just to note, the tats DO appear, it's just the spell effects that never get applied.

Probably a very basic question here.

The tattoo packs. After I've installed SlaveTats, do I simply add them in with NMM like everything else, or do they need adding to a folder manually?

Not having used NMM I cannot say exactly, but they do have folder structure within the zip / rar file so you should be able to install them like Slavetats.

Nothing about them requires that you install them otherwise, but you may need to adjust the top level.. there is no "data" folder in the couple I double checked, just a textures folder and everything down from there.

The tattoo packs. After I've installed SlaveTats, do I simply add them in with NMM like everything else, or do they need adding to a folder manually?

Not having used NMM I cannot say exactly, but they do have folder structure within the zip / rar file so you should be able to install them like Slavetats.

Nothing about them requires that you install them otherwise, but you may need to adjust the top level.. there is no "data" folder in the couple I double checked, just a textures folder and everything down from there.

They're formatted for installation with NMM or ModOrganizer. Just install them like any other mod. They don't contain ESP or ESM files, so you don't need to worry about taking up load order slots, either.

They're formatted for installation with NMM or ModOrganizer. Just install them like any other mod. They don't contain ESP or ESM files, so you don't need to worry about taking up load order slots, either.

Brilliant, thank you very much. I thought it would be that simple, but wanted to make sure.

I've recently ran into an issue, I'm unable to apply any face tattoos whatsoever. That specific section of the mod just no options whatsoever, just the heading for the  "Face tattoos" and colors appears with nothing underneath. I've recently installed some skin texture mods and the Skyrim HD textures mod and the most recent racemenu, so I'm not sure if that's related.

Here's what I've tried so far with no luck(all with a new character):

Uninstalled and reinstalled slave tats (multiple versions) and several tat plugins

uninstalled the texture mods I've installed

ran the game with no mods active except skyui and slavetats

change the nioverride limit for the face (3/6/10)

reinstalled just the CBBE body

Any advice would be appreciated before I end up verifying the cache and having to re-install everything :(

thanks!

I've recently ran into an issue, I'm unable to apply any face tattoos whatsoever. That specific section of the mod just no options whatsoever, just the heading for the  "Face tattoos" and colors appears with nothing underneath. I've recently installed some skin texture mods and the Skyrim HD textures mod and the most recent racemenu, so I'm not sure if that's related.

Here's what I've tried so far with no luck(all with a new character):

Uninstalled and reinstalled slave tats (multiple versions) and several tat plugins

uninstalled the texture mods I've installed

ran the game with no mods active except skyui and slavetats

change the nioverride limit for the face (3/6/10)

reinstalled just the CBBE body

Any advice would be appreciated before I end up verifying the cache and having to re-install everything :(

thanks!

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/25398-slavetats/?p=1612621

Face tats do not appear in the MCM menu, is there something I'm missing or any ideas?

The NIOverride.ini included in RaceMenu (or NIOverride if using the separate mod) has them disabled by default.  This is because there is a known bug where if a character (PC or NPC) is decapitated while have face overlays, the game will CTD.  This is described on the RaceMenu page (or NIOverride) somewhere (may have to dig a bit).  You have to manually turn it on in the NIOverride.ini.  Don't have access to mine right now, but if you are using ModOrganizer, double-click the mod (RM or NIO) and you should see an ini tab.  Look through the ini for something called bFaceOverlays (or something similar).  It is probably set to 0.  Set it to 1 and you should get the face overlays again.  BUT REMEMBER:  With face overlays on, you WILL CTD if your character is decapitated.  I believe killmove mods (Violens?) can remove decaps as an option.

Console command: "set DecapitationChance to 0"

Tattoo Pack Idea: Bodypaint

There are some tattoos that border on this with panythose, etc.  I was thinking it would be cool to have some armor "tattoos" that would essentially be bodypaint.  I know I could do this myself, but most armors are broken into individual textures for each piece and my photoshop skills are weak.  If a pack like this already exists, feel free point me in the right direction.

Examples:

elf.jpg

body+paiant+cosplay+6.jpg

There are some tattoos that border on this with panythose, etc.  I was thinking it would be cool to have some armor "tattoos" that would essentially be bodypaint.  I know I could do this myself, but most armors are broken into individual textures for each piece and my photoshop skills are weak.  If a pack like this already exists, feel free point me in the right direction.

There is a dibella mod that implemented that idea. If I understood correctly, you get tattoos that provide you with armor and the like and you go around naked for the glory of dibella.

Check out Divines Guide You and Dibellan Defender - Naked Heroines of Skyrim.

There were some requests in the Dibellan Defender mod thread I think asking about some new / alternate tattoos. I mentioned I'd thought about changing the config files to use some of the other already-in-game (my attempts at making new tattoos or editing existing ones have failed).

Armor mod or not, new tattoos like you sampled would be quite nice.

Face tats do not appear in the MCM menu, is there something I'm missing or any ideas?

The NIOverride.ini included in RaceMenu (or NIOverride if using the separate mod) has them disabled by default.  This is because there is a known bug where if a character (PC or NPC) is decapitated while have face overlays, the game will CTD.  This is described on the RaceMenu page (or NIOverride) somewhere (may have to dig a bit).  You have to manually turn it on in the NIOverride.ini.  Don't have access to mine right now, but if you are using ModOrganizer, double-click the mod (RM or NIO) and you should see an ini tab.  Look through the ini for something called bFaceOverlays (or something similar).  It is probably set to 0.  Set it to 1 and you should get the face overlays again.  BUT REMEMBER:  With face overlays on, you WILL CTD if your character is decapitated.  I believe killmove mods (Violens?) can remove decaps as an option.

Console command: "set DecapitationChance to 0"

I got it, thank you very much for the help!

Right, I know about the mods for being naked, bonuses and what not.  I'm talking about purely cosmetic bodypaint tatoos like the sample images.  I've tried it out with some rudimentary replacements of other tattoos with textures for bodysuits, etc. and they kind of work.  So I know it conceptually can be done, but I lack the skills to make it look good.  I could probably make some basic bikini patterns with flat colors, but I'd like it to look more detailed.

There is a dibella mod that implemented that idea. If I understood correctly, you get tattoos that provide you with armor and the like and you go around naked for the glory of dibella.

Check out Divines Guide You and Dibellan Defender - Naked Heroines of Skyrim.

There were some requests in the Dibellan Defender mod thread I think asking about some new / alternate tattoos. I mentioned I'd thought about changing the config files to use some of the other already-in-game (my attempts at making new tattoos or editing existing ones have failed).

Armor mod or not, new tattoos like you sampled would be quite nice.

It appears that the latest Slavetats update has broken spell effects. Script-applied tattoos (such as those used in Dibellan Defender) don't seem to be correctly applying their associated magic effects. The tattoo applies, but the linked spell does not.

EDIT: This also seems to affect tattoos applied manually too, not just via script. I can apply all of the Dibellan Defender tattoos (or the Grine Woad from CCAS) and although the tattoos work, the spell effects do not get applied.