[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

I am retarded and I would like some help learning how to use these applications. I came here because 'dummies guide' sounded right up my alley. but I got stuck on guide 0 step 2 so I have some questions if any can help me.

what is a .nif file? Simple terms please, I'm retarded remember :)

Where can I find mine?

If there are several, which one should I use?

Thanks to anyone who answers.

EDIT:

Another question: Basically I just want to know how to use Bodyslide to create my own body shape. Do I NEED to use outfit studio or is that optional?

General note: This is so confusing.

I am retarded and I would like some help learning how to use these applications. I came here because 'dummies guide' sounded right up my alley. but I got stuck on guide 0 step 2 so I have some questions if any can help me.

what is a .nif file? Simple terms please, I'm retarded remember :)

Where can I find mine?

If there are several, which one should I use?

Thanks to anyone who answers.

EDIT:

Another question: Basically I just want to know how to use Bodyslide to create my own body shape. Do I NEED to use outfit studio or is that optional?

General note: This is so confusing.

Lol even though I say 'For Dummies' I guess your right in that I don't go ALL the way in terms of baby steps.

The hard part is balancing this between new users and some more advanced users.

I unfortunately do not think I will want to go to such lengths for the new beginners, it's probably best to lookup on Google for some more general 'Beginning to Mod' guides.

But as for your questions:

1. .nif file = Mesh file or what contians the 3-d Objects you see in Skyrim

2.  Yes, you can just use BodySlide to create the custom Body (I still have yet to make Bodyslide Tutorials, but the readme on BodySlide's page shoulkd cover the basics)

Thank you for your time blabba. I went with my own workaround for now and I have one last issue(it's not really BS2 related so I hope you don't me asking). The armor now dims into near black near certain light sources.  Any ideas as to why?

If I remember correctly, for this particular issue you could try opening the nif in Nifscope, open the

BSLightingShaderProperty of the shape, open Shade Flags 2 attribute, uncheck Assume_Shadowmask.

Could be totally wrong about this, been a long time...

So i've been sifting through these tutorials for a day or two now and I'm still lost.   Too many terms that sound the same but mean completely different things.

Basically all i want to do is convert some old armors (namely some coversions I did of 2pacs armor) to the body I made in bodyslide using the HDT body slider sets.

I've found all kinds of conversions from this to that, or that to this.  But none of them seem to be for just converting some random outfit/body (like 2pacs for instance) to the body ive made myself.

From what I understand I need to convert the armor to a standard shape (like cbbe advanced)  then convert it from THAT to the HDT custom body that I made.  Is this correct?  THere are so just many guides I'm not sure which is the right one to follow.

@joosy

that is correct. you just need to follow guide 1 really...

Unless you don't want to make the armor bodyslideable you should follow guide 1 completely.

@dje as soon as I figure out how to make pdf's sure :P

@joosy

that is correct. you just need to follow guide 1 really...

Unless you don't want to make the armor bodyslideable you should follow guide 1 completely.

@dje as soon as I figure out how to make pdf's sure :P

I might be able to help with the whole PDF thing...give me a day or two. :)

On the subject of HDT, I'm pretty confused. I'm trying to build it into an outfit that came with BodySlide support but hasn't had a conversion yet, and added the node to the .nif file (tried it 3 times on a fresh copy of the file), then reran them through BodySlide with the HDT presets you provided in another thread, but HDT doesn't actually work (body is completely static). Is there something else that needs to be done to get it working?

On the subject of HDT, I'm pretty confused. I'm trying to build it into an outfit that came with BodySlide support but hasn't had a conversion yet, and added the node to the .nif file (tried it 3 times on a fresh copy of the file), then reran them through BodySlide with the HDT presets you provided in another thread, but HDT doesn't actually work (body is completely static). Is there something else that needs to be done to get it working?

Wrong thread:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28507-how-to-install-hdt-step-1-click-this-an-overly-descriptive-tutorial/

if still having problems feel free to post up there or in my WIP tutorial HDT thread:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28435-unofficial-hdt-physics-extension-tutorials-under-construction/

Wrong thread:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28507-how-to-install-hdt-step-1-click-this-an-overly-descriptive-tutorial/

if still having problems feel free to post up there or in my WIP tutorial HDT thread:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28435-unofficial-hdt-physics-extension-tutorials-under-construction/

Maybe I wasn't clear, but HDT works overall for me, it's just on this specific outfit that includes BodySlide support but does not include HDT support. That's why I thought it's more appropriate to post on here, than on either of the "installing HDT" threads. This isn't a problem with HDT, it's a problem with a specific outfit generated with BodySlide.

Maybe I wasn't clear, but HDT works overall for me, it's just on this specific outfit that includes BodySlide support but does not include HDT support. That's why I thought it's more appropriate to post on here, than on either of the "installing HDT" threads. This isn't a problem with HDT, it's a problem with a specific outfit generated with BodySlide.

Ahh, my bad.

Well in order for HDT to work you need at least BBP weights on the outfit, TBBP recommended.

The guides here show you already on how to add the weights already.

Unless by HDT for clothes, you mean ACTUAL cloth physics, in which case, nope this thread is still the wrong thread for that :P

Ahh, my bad.

Well in order for HDT to work you need at least BBP weights on the outfit, TBBP recommended.

The guides here show you already on how to add the weights already.

Unless by HDT for clothes, you mean ACTUAL cloth physics, in which case, nope this thread is still the wrong thread for that :P

Alright, I'm one step closer then - I didn't realize that BBP/TBBP weights needed to be added to the body.

I think I only have one more question to be able to finish these up (and share). This outfit comes with 2 different sets of files. DS_X.nif, and DSBody_X.nif. In the same step where you have instructions for adding BBP/TBBP weighting, you also have steps to replace the body. The DSBody_X.nif look like body files, so I'm guessing those won't be necessary after the conversion is complete if I also use those steps? DSBody_X.nif has its own folders in ShapeData and SliderSets, and is bundled with DS in the SliderGroups XML. In Outfit Studio, it is not listed as having a body, although I would guess there's references to it somewhere (or it was just redundantly included in the first place).

Edit: Did all 4 in OS, didn't get HDT working. Also noticed in your FAQ that you mention crashes with bones/weights - this is also an issue with Mod Organizer. You can get around it by opening up BodySlide outside of MO when you want to use OS.

Edit2: Opened up some other working outfits in NifSkope. The ones that work have NiNodes under NiTriShape/BSDismemberSkinInstance for breast/butt/belly, but only after being processed through BodySlide, while the two I've worked on do not. Could that be the problem?

Alright, I'm one step closer then - I didn't realize that BBP/TBBP weights needed to be added to the body.

I think I only have one more question to be able to finish these up (and share). This outfit comes with 2 different sets of files. DS_X.nif, and DSBody_X.nif. In the same step where you have instructions for adding BBP/TBBP weighting, you also have steps to replace the body. The DSBody_X.nif look like body files, so I'm guessing those won't be necessary after the conversion is complete if I also use those steps? DSBody_X.nif has its own folders in ShapeData and SliderSets, and is bundled with DS in the SliderGroups XML. In Outfit Studio, it is not listed as having a body, although I would guess there's references to it somewhere (or it was just redundantly included in the first place).

Edit: Did all 4 in OS, didn't get HDT working. Also noticed in your FAQ that you mention crashes with bones/weights - this is also an issue with Mod Organizer. You can get around it by opening up BodySlide outside of MO when you want to use OS.

Edit2: Opened up some other working outfits in NifSkope. The ones that work have NiNodes under NiTriShape/BSDismemberSkinInstance for breast/butt/belly, but only after being processed through BodySlide, while the two I've worked on do not. Could that be the problem?

I'm so confused...

If you installed Bodyslide through MO and run it correctly you should have no problems with it weight copy wise, if you do it has nothing to do with MO but it's another problem with your graphics card and OpenGL stuff. I know cuz I run bodyslide through MO and can't say I've ever witnessed a bug for the weight copy.

I do not understand your overall question/problem though sorry :(

My problem is that titties don't bounce on a single armor which has BodySlide support, but not BBP or HDT support, as packaged by the mod author. I've laid out, in detail, a bunch of things I've tried to modify them myself to add BBP/HDT, and things I've noticed about the output files from BodySlide for both this specific outfit and the others that work correctly. Edit2 from above is what I suspect the problem to be after spending far too much time bouncing tits on this outfit - there are no breast, butt or belly nodes on this outfit in specific locations as seen in NifSkope, but on working outfits, those nodes are present.

Mod Organizer and OS don't play well together. Specifically, installing the way listed on the Nexus BodySlide 2 page doesn't work with copying weights after selecting them as described in your guide, it just crashes. There's other issues too, like BodySlide 2 itself not recognizing the virtual directory structure MO creates if you run it using those instructions.

My problem is that titties don't bounce on a single armor which has BodySlide support, but not BBP or HDT support, as packaged by the mod author. I've laid out, in detail, a bunch of things I've tried to modify them myself to add BBP/HDT, and things I've noticed about the output files from BodySlide for both this specific outfit and the others that work correctly. Edit2 from above is what I suspect the problem to be after spending far too much time bouncing tits on this outfit - there are no breast, butt or belly nodes on this outfit in specific locations as seen in NifSkope, but on working outfits, those nodes are present.

Mod Organizer and OS don't play well together. Specifically, installing the way listed on the Nexus BodySlide 2 page doesn't work with copying weights after selecting them as described in your guide, it just crashes. There's other issues too, like BodySlide 2 itself not recognizing the virtual directory structure MO creates if you run it using those instructions.

I install and run bodyslide 2 through MO, using the MO instructions on the BodySlide page, and everything works correctly. The info on the bodyslide page is only slightly outdated, but the overall install instructions work 100%. Even the virtual data directories are consistent and working.

If you would like I can try making a quick slightly updated guide on how to install and use BodySlide with MO.

And yes, if you do not see the belly/butt/breast nodes in nifskope it means you HAVE NOT COPIED THE WEIGHTS OVER. And the instructions for copying weights is already stated, so again I do not understand the problem your having :(

Lost me on step 8 of guide 1.

No information at all on how to use the brush. Tried every option. 0 effects came from using it.

Strange, did you have the mesh part that you wanted to adjust highlighted on the right hand side?

Usiing a brush is pretty straightforward, it's basically point and click for changes, might require you to 'scrub'/move back and forth over the area.

Lost me on step 8 of guide 1.

No information at all on how to use the brush. Tried every option. 0 effects came from using it.

Strange, did you have the mesh part that you wanted to adjust highlighted on the right hand side?

Usiing a brush is pretty straightforward, it's basically point and click for changes, might require you to 'scrub'/move back and forth over the area.

Yeah. The only thing using the brush over it did was darken it, but it didn't seem to effect any clipping x.x

Yeah. The only thing using the brush over it did was darken it, but it didn't seem to effect any clipping x.x

Wrong brush :P , that's called the mask brush. It just prevents edits being made to the darkened areas.

Try clicking the brush button and look for 'inflate' or something similar.

It's also the first button on the top left hand side of the brushes.

I guess I should add-in a 'Brush Guide' as well lol.

Alright, my first issue was caused by I don't know what. There's 2 versions of the item in the game, and one set of .nif files, but apparently the one I was using doesn't use those .nifs. I have no idea where it's pulling the second set from, but at least I have one working - good enough for now, since I can always figure that out at some point.

I'm running into another problem now, massive clipping. The armor looks like it's completely disconnected from the body, and doesn't move with everything else.

Alright, my first issue was caused by I don't know what. There's 2 versions of the item in the game, and one set of .nif files, but apparently the one I was using doesn't use those .nifs. I have no idea where it's pulling the second set from, but at least I have one working - good enough for now, since I can always figure that out at some point.

I'm running into another problem now, massive clipping. The armor looks like it's completely disconnected from the body, and doesn't move with everything else.

If it's a body armor and when it gets imported into BodySlide, it matches the bodies position, then it will export just fine.

Use guide 0 to check and make sure your nifs are in a proper state before you import/export.

And make sure your exported .nif file has a body shape in it.

Im sure im missing something simple here. I have been editing different CBBE armors to add TBBP HDT to them by adding weights. When i equip them in game they work fine until i go in 1st person. The arms dont line up to the wrists/hands. What am i doing wrong?