[Unofficial] Bodyslide 2/Outfit Studio Tutorials

I'm probably forgetting something incredibly obvious here; but I added a few Zap sliders to CT77's Dragonscale conversion (using the Shapedata .nif, instead of the sliders, as a reference file) - It created the Sliderset and the shapedata folders, but the outfit doesn't show up as a choice anywhere in Bodyslide for some reason.

I'm probably forgetting something incredibly obvious here; but I added a few Zap sliders to CT77's Dragonscale conversion (using the Shapedata .nif, instead of the sliders, as a reference file) - It created the Sliderset and the shapedata folders, but the outfit doesn't show up as a choice anywhere in Bodyslide for some reason.

Try the refresh Outfits Button in BodySlide?

Or re-open/close BodySlide, it should be their. If not post the conversion files if you can, it could just be a bad link inside the slidersets.xml file.

I tried closing and re-opening it; but no dice there.

I've attached what I'm working with!

Works fine for me, saw no errors, textures are blank for me because I probably do not have original mod.

Zaps work after toggling on/off once on each side (low and high weight), this may be some new bug I never encountered before.

Bodyslide Preview Window:

test1.png

edit: If using MO, I may know why it's not showing up for you...

Is there some trick to getting the program to edit an area the first time? I keep having to change angles and go over the area I want to edit over and over again, only to have the are become deformed beyond belief. 

I'm afraid I do not understand the question :(

Maybe try posting a pic/video to help me better understand the problem?

I don't suppose someone with a better weight painting hand than I would be willing to do so? I've been messing around with it for hours and I can't seem to get it to match! If someone could put on the finishing touch of the weight paint, I'd be forever grateful :P

I highly suggest you use gerra6's mesh rigger to copy over some better weight paints:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24797-mesh-rigger-skyrim-fallout-oblivion-beta353-3-2014/

If your trying to get better HDT weight paints, you can try the HDT body Weight Paints and use gerra6's mesh rigger to copy them over more accurately than OS.

One last question! I think... :blush:

I tried asking this in the MeshRigger thread but there isn't any response. Is there particular settings for copying weights from one mesh to another? I've been messing with it with a bunch of different settings but it never wants to turn out right. I chose the template as being the body mesh, and the target as being the converted clothing mesh and at best, I get clothing that stretches upwards in a strange fashion.

One last question! I think... :blush:

I tried asking this in the MeshRigger thread but there isn't any response. Is there particular settings for copying weights from one mesh to another? I've been messing with it with a bunch of different settings but it never wants to turn out right. I chose the template as being the body mesh, and the target as being the converted clothing mesh and at best, I get clothing that stretches upwards in a strange fashion.

Can't say I've experienced that issue yet.

Make sure you select the 'overwrite' weights button (should be in a pressed down state on the right hand side)

Other than that I think the default settings should work? Not sure as I do not have the latest current version of mesh rigger installed yet...

Your best bet is to try pming gerra6 (the creator) and see if you can get assistance as last I checked mesh rigger was still a beta program.

Though it's main feature (copying weights) worked marvelously better than OS for me.

edit: try selecting a reference skeleton as well! (make sure it's your currently installed skeleton)

I seem to end up with some sort of memory error when I try to use the default settings, could you screen shot your settings? I'm pretty sure I have the correct files picked, just want to confirm I'm pressing all the right buttons.

Sorry for delay, kept getting sidetracked by the chat and updating my guide threads (including this one)

here's my settings that *should* work cannot say I've tested yet:

test1.png

[update]

Added a new Guide 0 so now you can check your meshes to make sure they are compatible with Outfit Studio!

This guide also makes converting older meshes and Alan's BBP Pack Possible!

Updated the FAQ section of the guides for helping out People who who have messed up textures showing up after OS conversion!

Updated & Fixed some guide Images and all the guides have new Note colors and some improved spacings

To-Do:

Find a way to make a guide/FAQ about in-game animation clipping issues.

P.S. I'm also starting a similar guide for how-to's over on the HDT forum: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28435-unofficial-hdt-physics-extension-tutorials-under-construction/

When it's done, any tips/feedback about it would be most helpful!

Edit: Updated the Cell Conversion References to point to a newer updated Pack off of the BodySlide Nexus page!

Hey blabba I'm in need of some assistance if you or anyone reading can help.

I got this weird issue that results in Bodyside 2 crashing, always when I try to convert an outfit with a zap slider I added (a cloth zap).

I've had no issue converting and adding zap sliders before with other outfits, and the suspect outfit loads just fine in Outfit Studio. So I can't help but scratch my head this time.

EDIT: I decided to use a workaround.

hi blabla, how to add bone in proper way? i want to add skirt bone but there's too many of them.. i've tried adding few of them one by one but sme doesn't work and some gv me ctd..

Pic

Try copying the weights off a vanilla mesh (I think they have skirt bones, not sure) or another outfit mesh that uses those bones (you can load outfit meshes as references, just make sure you select the right shape inside the mesh)

If that suggestion doesn't work, you'll have to wait 'till I get off of work today to load up the skelly and find out how the skirt works (I've never done a skirt conversion yet :blush: )

Try copying the weights off a vanilla mesh (I think they have skirt bones, not sure) or another outfit mesh that uses those bones (you can load outfit meshes as references, just make sure you select the right shape inside the mesh)

If that suggestion doesn't work, you'll have to wait 'till I get off of work today to load up the skelly and find out how the skirt works (I've never done a skirt conversion yet :blush: )

hmm, doesn't work i'll try experiment again later..

question, is this skirt bone? or thigh bone?

this outfit is different file/mesh, and original..

no. 1 don't have skirt bone, and its looks good when moving, (no TBBP)

no. 2 do have skirt bone and its looks weird on the skirt when moving. (TBBP) is this because TBBP effect?

wWJ9kuY.jpg

Great guide just 1 question. Converting an armor from UNP to CBBE I managed to remove all visible clipping with OS, when i equip the armor to my player there is no visible clipping however when i start walking or running or generally moving i get slight clipping in different places. How can i stop this from happening? Is there a way that i can be sure that there will be no clipping when moving in game? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Edit: Just read Blabba's previous port about making a tutorial about this issue.

Edited by Ginge620

Great guide just 1 question. Converting an armor from UNP to CBBE I managed to remove all visible clipping with bodyslide 2, when i equip the armor to my player there is no visible clipping however when i start walking or running or generally moving i get slight clipping in different places. How can i stop this from happening? Is there a way that i can be sure that there will be no clipping when moving in game? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks 

*Sighs heavily*

Your only like the 5th person to ask me this question...

Which just reinforces how badly I need to integrate this answer into the OP!

Probably gonna go do that now.., Make it an FAQ for now until I get time to write detail guides on possible fixes and such.

Anyway, here's the three ways I know of to fix your issue (Which I will now dub as Animation clipping)

Reference Post

Edit: Retracts Sigh, is glad and happy that users are now catching on :)

Great guide just 1 question. Converting an armor from UNP to CBBE I managed to remove all visible clipping with bodyslide 2, when i equip the armor to my player there is no visible clipping however when i start walking or running or generally moving i get slight clipping in different places. How can i stop this from happening? Is there a way that i can be sure that there will be no clipping when moving in game? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks 

*Sighs heavily*

Your only like the 5th person to ask me this question...

Which just reinforces how badly I need to integrate this answer into the OP!

Probably gonna go do that now.., Make it an FAQ for now until I get time to write detail guides on possible fixes and such.

Anyway, here's the three ways I know of to fix your issue (Which I will now dub as Animation clipping)

Reference Post

Edit: Retracts Sigh, is glad and happy that users are now catching on :)

Thanks for the quick response. I look forward to the guide you write on solving this issue. :D I have been going back into OS to re adjust and increase the gap between the armor and body, it's just abit tedious and long winded so i wondered if there was a quicker way of fixing it in OS.

Edited by Ginge620

Question! I've not run into any instances where I've had to do any editing with Nifskope before working with something in Outfit Studio - but because I'm bound to; what do the NiTri branches you mention in the new Guide 0 do; why are they bad for OS; and what would happen if I tried loading a .nif into Bodyslide with those branches?

Just so I know what I'm looking for. :)

Edit: And as far as animation clipping goes, I've so far been able to fix any I've run into by playing with weight-painting. The two instances I had trouble with were fixed by removing some of the weights that had gotten copied over from specific areas of a mesh. For example, the Dark Lilith conversion I did. Whenever I was walking or running, the 'thong' would appear to pull apart in the center of the butt. Looking at it in OS, I saw that the weights on the Left Butt had expanded onto the weights of the Right Butt. And vice versa. Removing the spill-over wound up being the cure for that particular outfit.

Question! I've not run into any instances where I've had to do any editing with Nifskope before working with something in Outfit Studio - but because I'm bound to; what do the NiTri branches you mention in the new Guide 0 do; why are they bad for OS; and what would happen if I tried loading a .nif into Bodyslide with those branches?

Just so I know what I'm looking for. :)

NP, Most Outfits should be just fine actually with those NiTriShapes, some soecial 'outfits' like for example: True Bound Armors

Use the Strips instead of shape branches for whatever reason (I have no clue why)

Basically leaving them in Strip form is bad because OS will refuse to load the shapes correctly (this discovery was made by skyrimfloo when he tried to convert the above 'armor' into BodySlideable, I believe he was successful)

More menacing and less aware, are the NiSkinInstance nodes, these things are tricky because OS loads them up fine, edits and saves them alright and even in-game your conversions will look good! But when you Open the meshes in Nifskope, you'll notice a bunch of error warnings pop up. Also, bodyslided outfits like this may work fin in your own game, but if you share with others it will for some reason not work for them. So best to follow the guide and just convert to BSDismemberment nodes (BTW both these nodes are types of bone weights/skin systems for the outfit)

Niskininstance nodes only show up in pretty old outfits like the entire Alan's BBP pack...

I see! I should check that Witch of the Wild conversion to see if that's the reason I was unable to add HDT to it. If I recall correctly, even the base shape had a ton of errors in it when  I tried to load it. (Building the HDT reference into the shapedata itself makes it sooo much easier to play with Bodyslide; because then I don't have to manually add HDT to it each time I build a new body.)

I see! I should check that Witch of the Wild conversion to see if that's the reason I was unable to add HDT to it. If I recall correctly, even the base shape had a ton of errors in it when  I tried to load it. (Building the HDT reference into the shapedata itself makes it sooo much easier to play with Bodyslide; because then I don't have to manually add HDT to it each time I build a new body.)

If you add the HDT link normally to the NiNode into the .nif mesh inside the ShapeData folder it should work just fine and everytime you BodySLide it the HDT stuff carries over :)

Or at least that's how I do it xD

Edit: for a more automated way: Try using Gerra6's Mesh Rigger to copy over the HDT node to all the meshes into your Shapedata folder (Or try CLP's new method of attaching the Havok node to the femalehead.nif so it always sticks :) )

Hey blabba I'm in need of some assistance if you or anyone reading can help.

I got this weird issue that results in Bodyside 2 crashing, always when I try to convert an outfit with a zap slider I added (a cloth zap).

I've had no issue converting and adding zap sliders before with other outfits, and the suspect outfit loads just fine in Outfit Studio. So I can't help but scratch my head this time.

I've attached what I've made so far. I hope someone can shed some light on this, because only this armor crashes on me every time I try to use that zap slider.

There's a problem with zaps currently causing BodySlide to CTD if they were not made with the Outfit's Weights correctly.

My suggestion (and only known workaround currently) is remake the zap sliders in OS and remake from scratch the zap sliders.

I'll take a look into your files more specifically when I get some time though :)

Thank you for your time blabba. I went with my own workaround for now and I have one last issue(it's not really BS2 related so I hope you don't me asking). The armor now dims into near black near certain light sources.  Any ideas as to why?

Thank you for your time blabba. I went with my own workaround for now and I have one last issue(it's not really BS2 related so I hope you don't me asking). The armor now dims into near black near certain light sources.  Any ideas as to why?

Most probably a texture/normals/Nifskope shading issue...

Unfortunately you may be giving me more credit than I deserve as I have almost no experience with textures and so therefore cannot help :(

Maybe try something in the technical forums? Hopefully a texture wizard can help you promptly!