Outfit Studio/Bodyslide 2 CBBE Conversions

13 hours ago, Sorceress99 said:

You have to convert the pieces to .OBJ  then export the files in Nifskope. Then import the obj files into OS, scale them down to fit your reference body and convert as needed. The main problem is not having a program to convert the poses between games. Each game has a basic body stance that make it difficult to fit each other without a pose converter. There isn't one for FO4 so it can be hard to do. You have to be quite creative in masking and moving pieces to fit. Tops without sleeves usually easy, add attached sleevse and it gets much harder since the poses are different. Short skirts, stocking, shoes, shorts ( separate pieces) usually easy but anything in one piece lower than the thighs is hard because of the pose.  I am working on the denim suit above but the jeans are invisible in OS. The name is there but not the mesh.  There is no easy way to convert items between the games for the most part but with patience and creativity, you can do it,

maaannn... i JUST started to learn how to make bodyslide files and convert unp to cbbe (with a 50/50 success rate)... and i have no idea what this all meant... XD

by the time i will learn, skyrim 2 will be here :P dang it!!!

9 hours ago, Sorceress99 said:

This outfit is meant for small breasts and does not look good with anything larger that a C cup and certainly not HDT. Probably why no one wants to waste the time converting it. I'll pass on it.

Ah, OK.   I hadn't realised that.  So much for modding Battle Royale between different Hold's Guards etc... LOL

And thanks vm for replying.  Much appreciated

5 hours ago, johntrine said:

maaannn... i JUST started to learn how to make bodyslide files and convert unp to cbbe (with a 50/50 success rate)... and i have no idea what this all meant... XD

by the time i will learn, skyrim 2 will be here :P dang it!!!

As you can see, the body poses make it hard to convert from one game to another. The sleeves are FO4 mostly straight, and angled higher where as the Skyrim arms are angled lower and bent at the elbow. You have to mask one arm and use the 'move' commands to place the other arm into the best position.Be sure to 'unmirror' the arms. Then invert the mask (it moves to the other arm) and you do the same for the first arm. Once you have them positioned good, clear the mask, check 'mirror' so that any changes are done to both side for uniformity. Then add/subtract the meshes for best fit. Easy peasy!

FO4 to Sky pose.jpg

4 hours ago, Sorceress99 said:

As you can see, the body poses make it hard to convert from one game to another. The sleeves are FO4 mostly straight, and angled higher where as the Skyrim arms are angled lower and bent at the elbow. You have to mask one arm and use the 'move' commands to place the other arm into the best position.Be sure to 'unmirror' the arms. Then invert the mask (it moves to the other arm) and you do the same for the first arm. Once you have them positioned good, clear the mask, check 'mirror' so that any changes are done to both side for uniformity. Then add/subtract the meshes for best fit. Easy peasy!

FO4 to Sky pose.jpg

So good too see the Master Of Outfit Studio back in action...nothing holding this Gal down :)

20 hours ago, varfolomey said:

Sorceress99

Posted yesterday at 01:37 AM

Notify Moderator / Report Content

1923liwu CBBE BodySlide

1923liwu CBBE BodySlide.7z 35.59 MB · 12 downloads

As usual, your videos are superb, @varfolomey. I watch everyone of them . And thank you for the link. Had to redo the sleeves as they were clipping badly but saves me from trying to convert the FO4 outfit.  

12 hours ago, RedMonika said:

Why would changing the type from Environmental Map to Default cause a CTD?

If you change Skyrim Shader Type from Environment Map to Default you must also remove Environment_Mapping option from Shader Flag 1 or else as you say you will get CTD, suspect option is invalid for Default Shader.

18 hours ago, Sorceress99 said:

FO4 to Sky pose.jpg

18 hours ago, Sorceress99 said:

Easy peasy!

hahah... yeah... (internal confusion and panic intensifies.)

4 hours ago, Vortec said:

Good question I do not know, but i figure if Outfit studio can read/write LE, SE and FO4 nif's I'd guess it wouldn't matter.

So you haven't converted any FO4 files to Skyrim? Rats. I have no idea how to do that. There is no FO4 CBBE to Skyrim CBBE that I see.  

2 hours ago, Vortec said:

I don't know what version you have or maybe its an Bodyslide LE thing, but since I am using SKyrim SE I use it's corresponding Outfit studio and yes its listed for me. Mind you it converts to Skyrim SE CBBE but there's another step you can take to convert it to LE.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/201

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/4089

Thanks. I am running the lastest niskope 2.0 Dev7 and 4.7.4 OS. I will have to find the time to work with them to see how to make conversions. The easiest for me it to convert the file to obj then load it back in OS and work it over at this point.  We will see. FO4 isnt at the top of my list of conversions as a lot of it looks out of place in Skyrim.  

17 hours ago, Imperfection said:

If you change Skyrim Shader Type from Environment Map to Default you must also remove Environment_Mapping option from Shader Flag 1 or else as you say you will get CTD, suspect option is invalid for Default Shader.

Ah, okay.. Is that different then removing the path under for Environment Map under the properties?

7 hours ago, Sorceress99 said:

So you haven't converted any FO4 files to Skyrim? Rats. I have no idea how to do that. There is no FO4 CBBE to Skyrim CBBE that I see.  

I converted an FO4 file to Skyrim LE.  I opened the FO nif in nifskope, and saved it as an obj, then opened that with OS.  Had to do some scaling, but it wasn't very hard, it's pretty skimpy.  This outfit:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15907

The problem I had is that the FO4 nif had some odd emissive and specular settings.  I had trouble making the color look right.

2 hours ago, varfolomey said:

Sorceress99

Posted 21 hours ago

Thanks for the praise.From You, its to hear in doubly pleased.And here is Your conversion - Rodeo Set.

Aww man, Shania can't sing. Sheesh! Now Miranda Lambert, Mirah Carey or Carrie Underwood, oh yeah. Outfit looks great, White or red would blow it up. Thank you!

5 hours ago, RedMonika said:

Ah, okay.. Is that different then removing the path under for Environment Map under the properties?

Can you show screen shot of what you mean because I don't understand what you mean when you say "the path under for Environment Map under the properties". Do you mean the path to the environment map texture?

Image below of the options I was describing, if shader is changed to "default" in nifskope it does not automatically remove environment_mapping option from shader flag 1 so it must be done manually, I stumbled across this when I had a couple meshes that would CTD and this was cause.

image.png.f81460f0b0553162a8fcd1378b1eac2c.png

Edited: add info and screen shot