On 7/1/2019 at 5:29 AM, RitualClarity said:

First off.. CK rarely ever "goes off".

What exactly am I supposed to do with that information again?

Was even a moderator here a long time ago.

That does not amount to anything. Moderators of internet websites aren't always necessarily the best humanity has to offer. Take yourself, for example. You're a great, helpful guy and yet you're not a moderator. The two are not mutually exclusive.

He has been very nice to most everybody I know and will bend over backwards to try to help those that try to help themselves. (notice the last part. )

Well, my experience with him so far has been quite the opposite so you'll forgive me if I beg to differ. And, I noticed the last part. Perhaps you forgot, but I told you very recently that I spent a full day installing and uninstalling your SMMP mod, the process of which seemed to break my game and caused me to repair my game perpetually and restore my local backups over and over again. Eventually, without help from you or anyone else, I figured out that it was FOMM's fault for making a backup of a broken Fallout.ini file and restoring it, and overwriting it in the my documents folder without asking for permission or leaving a trace behind so I could spot it and save myself some sanity. I do not know what "trying to help yourself" means to you, but this is an example that I try to help myself.

If you meant it in the context of this specific mod, well, then I can't do a lot more than to make sure that all of the prerequisites for this mod are working as intended, which I have already stated they are.

Apart from that, in the context of the other guy wanting me to get SexoutSex Lite, I have already explained that I went to the downloads page to get the Lite variant and couldn't find it. At the time, I assumed that the author had removed it for reasons unknown; it's not uncommon for mod authors to hide their mods for troubleshooting purposes or because of getting too many hate mails/copyright notices, etc. And I have already explained that I did not google it to find the separate page for it because the whole concept of having a separate page for a variant of a mod without linking to it in the main mod itself is alien to me. It's entirely beyond me why someone would do something like that. And I've written a post in great detail discussing that above.

• You came and when a member suggested a different mod.. you stated it didn't exist. Didn't check or ask where it was, just made a statement of fact which was wrong.
  • You make statements about how the site is run and modding threads should be. bodies and other facts that have nothing (or limited ) to do with getting your mod working.
  • you state things don't work and something is wrong with the mod.  No request for assistance, instead focusing on how things must be broken on this side (mod) since you installed everything perfectly.
  • you are a new member (active that is) with little post or history. No contributions to the site and so far no attempts to solve your problem other than to point to other issues and problems .. again, which have little to nothing to do with this mod. Even including Sexoutsex lite issues on this thread instead on the support thread designed to take such issues being reported.

• Already discussed above.
  • Conversations are evolutionary in nature. They branch out, much like Fallout New Vegas' in-game conversations and can explore different topics. That's just how things work.
  • I stated things don't work because I made sure to read the instructions and ensure that all requirements for the said mod function as intended. Anything beyond that is out of my control. What's telling is that it is still true, as we speak, as I have zero people here who have figured out what the issue is. And yes, that alone, indeed, gives credence to the point I am making. I still stand by what I said.
  • Already discussed above. reiterating your previous points and mixing them into a new one doesn't mean I'll be repeating myself.

I don't think the moderators of Nexus would accept you posting various issues with the site,

Then they, too, are blinded by ego and just because they do it, doesn't necessarily make it right.

However, what's hilarious about your remark is that they have an entire dedicated page for just that. Besides, I have made it absolutely clear multiple times that it's not mandatory and I fully understand that Loverslab is what it is. Yet, your complaints about these non-issues just do not cease throughout your reply.

or reports of issues with alternate mods (bodies, different versions of the mods) and

I have left over a dozen or such comments there about mods which just do not work, whether because of the patches that rolled out after they released their mod or because their mods are just not compatible with their base requirements' (like NVSE's) updated versions and never had an argument like this break out. Ever.

telling someone that tried to help something wasn't true when it indeed was and you were mistaken.

This was a misunderstanding due to the confusing design choices made on the mod author's part and I have no control over that whatsoever. I don't get what the big deal about it is, though. You keep bringing it up as if you're greatly offended by the fact that I couldn't find a variant of the mod, which, for all intents and purposes, should've been on the download page and in fact, is not.

this is a support thread of SexoutSex, not SexoutSex lite not the bodies used, not the way moderators on LL do things, not the way the author decided to separate the mods, not to post comments something doesn't exist when it indeed does, then argue why it should be part of the same mod thread.  You have been dictating the way things should be done not only on this thread but others throughout the site. You have told people with experience that suggested a path to try to help with your issue that a mod doesn't exist. You might not be using profanity or being rude as you define it.. but disrupting a support thread with various issues not related to that thread to many (here) can be considered as being very rude.  Some people are very busy and when they take time (as CK reported did, to test to be sure something didn't change and needed attention) are greeted with a wall of text and post that has to be waded through to find the info that he needs for support. Wasting much of their precious time.

Exactly. "Precious time". That's what the whole point of what I said above about making it obvious to the user by at least leaving a link, a hint or a clue to the Lite version of the mod. Though, are you not doing the same thing of what you accuse me of, dare I ask, by arguing with me about these topics on here, instead of in DMs? Lead by example, my man.

There is a time and place for discussion of site culture and policy and general procedures etc.. on someone's support thread isn't one of them.

I originally did what I was supposed to. That is, reporting that the mod isn't working despite it's requirements working just fine. In response, someone suggested SexoutSex Lite so I informed them that there are no such files on the download page. In the meantime, some folks, including yourself apparently, managed to get offended by that somehow and now we're here. So don't try and make me a scapegoat. It takes two to salsa, four in this case. Now you're trying to shift the whole blame of this entire conversation on me as if I've been talking to myself this whole time and no one else was partaking in the conversation. I do not appreciate that, y'know.

You keep on pointing out Nexus (and some other sites) as the way to do things.... Would they allow you do do what you are doing there? I don't think so. 

I'm gonna have to ask you to go easy on such incorrect claims, as discussed above.

Moving forward, I would not be partaking in this conversation any further because:

• as RitualClarity has stated, this is not the right place for it.
  • I understand that the mod author of this very mod has already publicly declared that he would much rather I never solve these issues I'm having with this mod.
  • I do not wish to take the fall for this whole argument alone.
  • I realize that the people who are arguing here with me have a lot more clout with the administration and can, practically, get my account suspended. The way I see this, it's absolutely not worth the risk. I'd rather uninstall this mod (or all Sexout-related mods, for that matter) and move on with my life instead of wasting my time here arguing over non-issues.
  • 5 weeks later...

I've seen this question posed, but not yet found an answer to my specific situation.  Has anyone found an answer to this?  I've searched through the Sexout Sex discussions, and so far have found no cure.   So, to whomever, Help, please. 

Sexout Sex animations appear to be working correctly.  My animations all work, the characters fall to the ground, then get back up, and finish the conversation. Then, the NPC freezes in place.  Nothing affects me or my interactions.  There is an "E" prompt for the NPC, but when I try to activate it, the NPC's head just barely nods up and down once.  I can then leave the area, and go through an animation sequence with another NPC, but they, too, all end up frozen in place after at the final conversation ends.  I have not been able to find a solution, and have searched for the past two days.  Perhaps I'm searching for the incorrect  words or phrase?  Any suggestions, nicely, please? 

Thank you!!  Allen

Ok im not sure if i can ask this question here, because its about the Mod configuration. Now im trying out the sexout with sexoutsex lite, however my question, why is it when i change position the animations it automaticly goes into blocklist? Everything seems to work fine, some positions i have to reposition. Blocked animations can i make available again (in mcm or during animations with LMB), but how can i block when i decide to (during the animations, not in mcm)? So basically how to turn this auto block off?

My second question, if i re position an animations, is it saved for the next time i see it or do i have to Re position it again? 

Thanks.

PS i noticed a glitch that when i pressed reset postion key, the third person view went straight into the sky. Returned to main menu and loaded an older save and the glitch/bug was still there. Restarting the game solved it. 

Position offsets aren't saved. The key for changing positions should not be the same for blocking them, I'm unaware this mod or the light version even handles that AFAIK SexoutAnimManagment.esp does that. Pressing the block animation key doesn't abort the current animation so pressing again unblocks it.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, leo291 said:

Quick question : for some reason i can only start sex once , any further attempts trough dialogue seem to not initialize any animation, any cooldown or something like that ?

You are using XNVSE?

i'm having have a problem with dialogue mismatch (i'm playing as a female character so idk if it affect it). example When i click on the BJ option on the dialogue it instead play virginal Penetrate animation and when i click on the virginal Penetrate option it play the BJ animation, and so on. The dialogue does not match the action. 

8 hours ago, nolife6969 said:

i'm having have a problem with dialogue mismatch (i'm playing as a female character so idk if it affect it). example When i click on the BJ option on the dialogue it instead play virginal Penetrate animation and when i click on the virginal Penetrate option it play the BJ animation, and so on. The dialogue does not match the action. 

Same happens to me when using a male character. It doesnt happen all the time for me tho

13 hours ago, leo291 said:

Any idea how to remove the startup message like "spunk's up" and the animation one ?

By that i mean the corner messages we get every time we load, top left ones.

It's disturbing me.

The popup messages are deliberately programmed by each modmaker, and are usually done for feedback to the user 'everything loaded ok' or modmaker 'I just finished the loading procedure without issue'.

My mods have it too, and with all the more pressing issues I have with my mods, I don't have plans to remove the messages right now.

• 4 months later...

Hoping for some help... Everything was working fine with this mod, until just recently the convos for initiating sex simply stopped being available.  Nothing in load order, mod list, etc., changed at all.  I noticed it when I first went to Zion for Honest Hearts... at the time I simply assumed that the mods that were initiating convos hadn't been written with that DLC in mind or perhaps they'd been intentionally left off, and as it started as I was entering, I didn't really think anything of it.  However, upon returning to the Mojave sexoutsex's convos are still missing... which leads me to believe that going to the Zion region may have caused some sort of bug, if that's even possible... I redownloaded the mod and reinstalled it.  No change.  Created a clean save without the mod, then reinstalled it on the clean save, and again, no convos.  PC can have sex with others if some other method of initiating is used (say via SexoutSexkey, or via convos w/Willow for example that initiate.  Sex scenes play out normally, and aside from issues with xNVSE 6.0.9 not playing nice w/spunk & preg due to their reliance on arrays (nvse having changed the array functions), everything in game appears perfectly normal... other than the two lines I had before for initiating sex w/random npc's and companions are goin.  Kaput... thoughts?

2 hours ago, Carradon said:

Hoping for some help... Everything was working fine with this mod, until just recently the convos for initiating sex simply stopped being available.  Nothing in load order, mod list, etc., changed at all.  I noticed it when I first went to Zion for Honest Hearts... at the time I simply assumed that the mods that were initiating convos hadn't been written with that DLC in mind or perhaps they'd been intentionally left off, and as it started as I was entering, I didn't really think anything of it.  However, upon returning to the Mojave sexoutsex's convos are still missing... which leads me to believe that going to the Zion region may have caused some sort of bug, if that's even possible... I redownloaded the mod and reinstalled it.  No change.  Created a clean save without the mod, then reinstalled it on the clean save, and again, no convos.  PC can have sex with others if some other method of initiating is used (say via SexoutSexkey, or via convos w/Willow for example that initiate.  Sex scenes play out normally, and aside from issues with xNVSE 6.0.9 not playing nice w/spunk & preg due to their reliance on arrays (nvse having changed the array functions), everything in game appears perfectly normal... other than the two lines I had before for initiating sex w/random npc's and companions are goin.  Kaput... thoughts?

I can try and test this later today.

When you say "redownloaded the mod and reinstalled it - no change" do you mean from the same save? Did you try a new game and seeing if the dialogue worked/showed up before Zion, and then not post-Zion?

When you say you created a clean save and then reinstalled it, and it still doesn't work - you mean the dialogue doesn't work even if you don't go to Zion? Because if that's the case, then something else is up.

On 6/1/2021 at 8:39 AM, Carradon said:

Unfortunately, I was unable to replicate your issue. There is nothing in the base SexoutSex code that differentiates where you are in the map, what DLCs you have installed, etc. I actually went to Zion, used SexoutSex there, returned to Goodsprings with CoC, and everything was still working.

In tandem, both of these facts lead me to believe the issue lies elsewhere for you. Can you answer the two previous questions so maybe we can narrow it down? I vaguely recall having a very similar issue when I played The Frontier. I am not sure why, but its possible some mods can mess up the standard GREETING most mods like SmallerTalk and SexoutSex use to function. One trick is to get somewhat close to an NPC, but not close enough that they will insta-start conversation. Press and hold E - if they immediately reply, you did it wrong. They should take a second or two, and then start moving towards you to talk. If this is what happens, it's worked.

What this does is basically force them to use the top level GREETING which initiates the SmallerTalk/SexoutSex topics. Sometimes you will get a weird zoom approach into the character, which basically means that character is not eligible for this kind of conversation. But most times, they will reply with SmallerTalk's default Hey what's up and you can take it from there.

But I don't think it's related to Zion at all. Try earlier saves, or disabling/enabling mods and testing inbetween to narrow it down. Let me know if any of this works.

6 hours ago, ChancellorKremlin said:

Unfortunately, I was unable to replicate your issue. There is nothing in the base SexoutSex code that differentiates where you are in the map, what DLCs you have installed, etc. I actually went to Zion, used SexoutSex there, returned to Goodsprings with CoC, and everything was still working.

In tandem, both of these facts lead me to believe the issue lies elsewhere for you. Can you answer the two previous questions so maybe we can narrow it down? I vaguely recall having a very similar issue when I played The Frontier. I am not sure why, but its possible some mods can mess up the standard GREETING most mods like SmallerTalk and SexoutSex use to function. One trick is to get somewhat close to an NPC, but not close enough that they will insta-start conversation. Press and hold E - if they immediately reply, you did it wrong. They should take a second or two, and then start moving towards you to talk. If this is what happens, it's worked.

What this does is basically force them to use the top level GREETING which initiates the SmallerTalk/SexoutSex topics. Sometimes you will get a weird zoom approach into the character, which basically means that character is not eligible for this kind of conversation. But most times, they will reply with SmallerTalk's default Hey what's up and you can take it from there.

But I don't think it's related to Zion at all. Try earlier saves, or disabling/enabling mods and testing inbetween to narrow it down. Let me know if any of this works.

Well, in this case I tried both re: the solutions.  I reinstalled the first time just to ensure the mod's files were still complete, just like a steam verification we get to do so often ;)

I then uninstalled the mod, created a clean save, and reinstalled... again, without success.
Strangely, in an attempt to get things rolling again, I found another dialogue based initiating mod, SexoutBang.  Installing that lead to both the bang convos appearing and the older (for me in my game at least) sexoutsex convos re-appearing.  I've no idea why installing another mod would have impacted the SOSex convos to reappear, but that is what happened.  I'll take it as a win.  

That said, I use the smaller talk mod and was having no luck with either standard or normally non-conversational npcs.  As noted, I first noticed the lack of options in HH, in large part because I chose not to bring willow into the dlc, and that left my PCs lust level going up.  As noted, I assumed it was related to the DLC, but perhaps it was something that occurred a bit earlier to my arrival, though what might have initiated the problem I can't say for sure.  I may not have noticed much because I've been travelling with Willow extensively, and she has her own convos for starting sexual encounters.  I can say for sure that not too long before departing for Zion that SOSex's convos were up and running, as I saw them in Willow's convo tree prior to departing... (as a side bar, I've noticed that using them has interesting impacts for me with both Willow and Vanessa...  For Willow, they work perfectly unless you use them to start a threesome.  In this case, while they remain after the encounter most of her standard convo tree options tend to disappear, making them less than useful.  On the otherhand, for Vanessa, using them is practically a must, as her standard lines completely screw up her inventory management.  The author on that mod seems to have half baked his inventory management process and initiating sex w/Vanessa using his own lines blows up her inventory... whereas using SOSex's initiating lines leaves her inventory untouched :)  I did experience an instance with Vanessa and SOSex's lines with a threesome that made any conversation with Vanessa impossible afterwards... the camera just moved in on her face and then backed off immediately without conversation starting.  Naturally, the issues w/threesomes aren't terribly important and may be related to the SO mods that allow on screen sex with Willow and Vanessa anyway, so tracking down the issues would be complicated just to get threesome sex to work.... end sidebar!)

In any case, I thank you for taking the time to look into the issue for me.  And, perhaps, adding the other mod and seeing both mods convos appear may give you some clue as to what might have caused the problem in the first place :)  I know for example that Cass's convo tree is extremely problematic and no mod's initiating convos ever appear for her, thanks to the way her convo tree was built, apparently independently from other NPCs... so clearly FNV has some issues with how convo trees are implemented so seeing something drop off and then reappear isn't super surprising to me ;)

v/r C

@Carradon if you were having issues with SmallerTalk as it was, that is probably what it was. I can't say for sure what caused it, but I'm glad you managed to find a way around it.

And yes, Cass' dialogue is notoriously buggy, for similar reasons.

In any case, happy you managed to "fix" it, hope it stays stable for you in the future :)

7 hours ago, TheAwesomeTRex said:

I've noticed that you've recently updated the Lite version, so now you know I gotta ask! Are there any similar plans for this one?

Honestly, that update was mostly to fix the gamebreaking bug people had been reporting for a while. It didn't add anything, content wise.

That being the case, I think it's unlikely I'll update SexoutSex, as as far as I know, it doesn't have similar bugs. I'm also not sure what I could even add content-wise at this point, as its pretty complete. Things that come to mind would be merging aghjaxs's simple prostitution mod with it (I'd always planned on including a simple exchange of services mechanic to it but never got around to it) and maybe adding Sexout's inbuilt "if near bed, move players to bed" script, but I mostly just use the "Let's go somewhere else" topic and then go to a bed, and use the animation keys to move us to a bed. Besides that there are one or two topics that display the animations they are supposed to play rather than dialogue, and maybe 1-2 topics where the animations are incorrectly assigned, but I can't think of much else.

So yeah, I'm doubtful unfortunately. Right now my attentions are focused elsewhere, and unless there is a major need or amazing idea I'm unlikely to work on this.

10 hours ago, ChancellorKremlin said:

Honestly, that update was mostly to fix the gamebreaking bug people had been reporting for a while. It didn't add anything, content wise.

That being the case, I think it's unlikely I'll update SexoutSex, as as far as I know, it doesn't have similar bugs. I'm also not sure what I could even add content-wise at this point, as its pretty complete. Things that come to mind would be merging aghjaxs's simple prostitution mod with it (I'd always planned on including a simple exchange of services mechanic to it but never got around to it) and maybe adding Sexout's inbuilt "if near bed, move players to bed" script, but I mostly just use the "Let's go somewhere else" topic and then go to a bed, and use the animation keys to move us to a bed. Besides that there are one or two topics that display the animations they are supposed to play rather than dialogue, and maybe 1-2 topics where the animations are incorrectly assigned, but I can't think of much else.

So yeah, I'm doubtful unfortunately. Right now my attentions are focused elsewhere, and unless there is a major need or amazing idea I'm unlikely to work on this.

Well that is sad to hear!

But you are right, this is the most complete Sexout mod on this site by far. The only problems I've ever encountered with it is the fact that sometimes there are instances where  the threesome topics tend to break it, also the aforementioned few incorrectly assigned animations on some topics that seem to plague these older Sexout mods!

As for an new addition maybe a toggle option for the dialogues activated via MCM or otherwise would be practical, just for the non-intrusiveness factor if anything else.

In any case thanks for responding, have a good one!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...