Compatibliity

• Frostfall - There is a workaround however, if you play with FF settings
I asume the workaround fixes Frostfall not seeing which armor is worn, can someone explain this workaround in detail?

I'm not sure if this is the fix mentioned in the OP: Nexus forums

I've updated SOS schlong for females - UNP and SOS - Equipable Schlong - and more

They can be used with SOS versions here. The new file versions should have fixed the female penis position issue

Chiming in with another big THANK YOU for continuing support on this mod. It's really appreciated!

I wish I could help with development somehow; it's frustrating because I'm a programmer and I have a bit of a business with CGI on the side, but I'm not familiar with Papyrus at all and I find a lot of the NIF stuff absolutely mysterious. :P Bulk text processing in perl I can do... if that's any help :P

Since this is being handed to you, and you've made some schlong addons, you probably know: is there a tutorial somewhere on how to set up a new schlong addon (assuming you have static mesh and a texture already)?

EDIT: Found the tutorial on your download section. Ta much!

But while bending it, the schlong's length would becom  smaller than not bending it. :blush:

Yes, this is quite noticable. The schlong shrinks considerably when using the new bend events. This was not the case with the old events (SOSBendUpxx and SOSBendDownxx). For example, send SOSFastErect and then SOSBend0, and watch the difference. Now that the upcoming SexLab v1.30 uses the new events, we're gonna see this quite a lot. Is there any way you can fix this, or tell Vector about it?

But while bending it, the schlong's length would becom  smaller than not bending it. :blush:

Yes, this is quite noticable. The schlong shrinks considerably when using the new bend events. This was not the case with the old events (SOSBendUpxx and SOSBendDownxx). For example, send SOSFastErect and then SOSBend0, and watch the difference. Now that the upcoming SexLab v1.30 uses the new events, we're gonna see this quite a lot. Is there any way you can fix this, or tell Vector about it?

Mmph. Any way I can get my hands on the old event source and the new event source? This is the kind of problem I might be able to untangle.

Possibly.

Worth taking a look at anyways.

EDIT: To be clear - I had a look in the download for 2.010b and 2.013, and they just have the compiled scripts, not the original source. If there's a papyrus decompiler someone can point me to, I can take it from there - but without a decompiler I'll need the original sources to even try to figure out.

So how do we upgrade from 2.03.011 to 2.03.013? Simply overwrite? Clean save?

Uninstall the version you are using and install the new version. Or just overwrite and say yes to all.

Mmph. Any way I can get my hands on the old event source and the new event source? This is the kind of problem I might be able to untangle.

Possibly.

EDIT: To be clear - I had a look in the download for 2.010b and 2.013, and they just have the compiled scripts, not the original source. If there's a papyrus decompiler someone can point me to, I can take it from there - but without a decompiler I'll need the original sources to even try to figure out.

The responsible of this new behaviour is not in the script files, but in the meshes\auxbones\SOS folder. The issue can be reproduced with SOS light that doesn't use papyrus.

This is what I know:

Penis meshes point to the file Meshes\auxbones\SOS\SOSMale.hkx, this file uses other files from the Meshes\auxbones\SOS subfolders

Originally (in 2.03.010b and previous versions) that folder was a bit different. The problem with the original release is that it can't be used with other actors than human male. Actually it can be used, but the penis doesn't show in the right position. This was causing the "female position issue" we had in the female addons

The planned schlong addons for Vampire Lord and Werewolf beast would suffer also this problem. VectorPlexus made an "offset solution", where different files would be used by each race or gender. That's the auxbones folder in this release

I've tested an old build I had of these files and it was the same as now. It also affects the female animations.

I have the sources of these hkx files, a bunch of XML files. Animation stuff that I don't know how or want to use. 3ds max 2011 and havok tools are needed to be able to deal with them. If anybody want to take a look at them just send me a message.

Chances are the "bending issue" is not an error. Maybe the bending looks really like VectorPlexus wanted, or maybe he did his best to find a valid solution for all races/genders. It is not a big issue for me.

I'll tell him about this.

The "female position issue" isn't just a female problem, but happens with any mesh with a groin positioned differently from the default male.

And I've been trying to solve it for a long, long time with my custom meshes.  The new female hkx files get close, but there is still a gap; I'd like to try to make a custom set of hkx files to get the fit perfect.

Now that I know for certain that it is those damn havok files, it is time for me to learn the havok tools.  If you would be so kind as to add those source files to the download, I'm certain more people than just myself could benefit from them. (Just tag the file with [developer] at the start of the file name--that tends to ward off the casual users who download everything and don't know what to do with it.)

Its a shame Smurf and VP stopped working on SOS. I was one of the original coat-tail crew developing SOS related add-ons, VP told me to pause working on one of my projects because his plans would have broken compatibility and wait for the next release; I paused working, then the whole SOS team fell off the map, and now its been so long I can't even remember what it was I was working on (AD/HD problems).

*ponder*

...My 1st person skeleton edits for SOS got rolled into XPMS

...My idea for SOS racemenu controls got taken up by yourself.

...Cubic Body hair?  that was deep on my list, but I don't think I ever got it started.

/ponder

Bleh, I can't remember right now, but anyways,

Thank You b3lisario for taking up the torch.

Another guy giving thumbs up here.  I have to say, the nexus did seem to have mixed views of SOS at best, but like it or hate it, you had to admit it's still an impressive piece of modding, and like was mentioned before, there's gotta be at least a few hundred different female bodies, almost all of which are naked.  Come one, nexus, are you really surprised that some players will want the same thing from their dongs that they get from all the tits?  A couple guys sat down one day, seeing skyrim guys either perpetually in underwear or sporting the most amazingly rock solid, yet still flaccid, dicks in the universe and thought "We can probably improve on this a bit."

Props to the guys who made this, and those who continue it.

Compatibliity

• Frostfall - There is a workaround however, if you play with FF settings
I asume the workaround fixes Frostfall not seeing which armor is worn, can someone explain this workaround in detail?

I'm not sure if this is the fix mentioned in the OP: Nexus forums

I've updated SOS schlong for females - UNP and SOS - Equipable Schlong - and more

They can be used with SOS versions here. The new file versions should have fixed the female penis position issue

I suddenly remembered this issue; it is was caused by an entry on the ARMA/ARMO files for the armors that both Frostfall and SOS edit.  Each of the mods adds an identifier to the keywords sub-entry; SOS adds the 'revealing' tag allowing the schlong to load beneath the armor, and Frostfall adds a coverage amount keyword.  If SOS is placed after Frostfall, the ARMA entry with the revealing tag overwrites the coverage tagged one, making it so that Frostfall doesn't recognize the armor's coverage.

The solution is to make a patch for the ARMA/ARMO entries that has both keywords that loads after both mods; the Frostfall keyword must appear first in the list.

EDIT: My info is vastly out of date (and possibly the old SOS description's warning about incompatibility with Frostfall, too), with almost a year being away from skyrim modding and all.  I just took a moment to download Frostfall (v2.5), and it looks like Ff is now using a script heavy armor swapper/detector for the coverage instead of the keywords that I remember.  I'm not certain, but I believe if Frostfall were placed after the SOS esp, the Ff script should allow the SOS changes to pass through without conflict. I don't have the ability to test this at the moment, so if anyone with both SOS and Frostfall could let us know if there is still a compatibility issue or not, it would be much appreciated.

Wrye Bash indicates that the Dawnguard and Dragonborn Armor DLC patches are mergeable with the Bashed Patch.  Is it OK to do this, or will it cause problems?

As far I as I know, it should be OK to merge. The DLC armor patch doesn't have any mods dependent on it. As with all modding, you do so at your own risk, so be sure to leave a backup of the patch esp.'s and your saves.

HALP!

I could have help in the scripting area. Sources are released. All suggestions will be welcomed.

Now that SexLab 1.30 is done, I need a break from it for short while, so I'll take a look through SOS's scripting and do what I can.

First of all, I am so glad to see this continued here. It really was disgusting to see the rants on the nexus and realizing that the support almost vanished. It was like a christmas gift when I saw the download :D

Are you planning to do more addons? I really would like to see someone do spiked and barbed schlongs for argonian and khajiit.

Thank you so much to work on this superb mod!

Possibly.

The responsible of this new behaviour is not in the script files, but in the meshes\auxbones\SOS folder. The issue can be reproduced with SOS light that doesn't use papyrus.

Unfortunately I know nothing about Havok rigging and behaviour files so I'm zero help here. I'm trying to learn so I can do things like smash together my own SOS compatible skeletons when I want them but it's very mysterious.

Are you planning to do more addons? I really would like to see someone do spiked and barbed schlongs for argonian and khajiit.

I'm actually trying to tackle this. I was thinking a barbed-headed one for the Khajiit. I'd really like a forked one for Argonians, but that would need custom rigging to hang and move properly, and that means custom animations and behaviour to erect properly and that's just blah. Big project.

Currently my problem is that I can do sculpting and UV mapping and produce static files from Blender (or rigged for Poser/Daz Studio :P) but I can't do the weight mapping/rigging for Skyrim yet.

Eek, a Penis! Somehow I always thought of that South Park episode when I saw the reactions on the Nexus ^^

I remember the good old day when my first account there got banned after I commented on a mod.. went something like this "While I don't see the point of the mod, it's obvious that you're passionate about the subject matter". It was a penis for a demon in DA... granted, my post was accompanied by several other less friendly posts by other people, but those were the good old days when the nexus team was even less friendly to their peons. 2 minutes of my life were wasted by creating a new account ; )

Anyway good to see there's still someone working on the mod, so much brainpower went into it and it would be a shame to abandon this technically impressive mod.

Possibly.

Unfortunately I know nothing about Havok rigging and behaviour files so I'm zero help here. I'm trying to learn so I can do things like smash together my own SOS compatible skeletons when I want them but it's very mysterious.

I'm actually trying to tackle this. I was thinking a barbed-headed one for the Khajiit. I'd really like a forked one for Argonians, but that would need custom rigging to hang and move properly, and that means custom animations and behaviour to erect properly and that's just blah. Big project.

Currently my problem is that I can do sculpting and UV mapping and produce static files from Blender (or rigged for Poser/Daz Studio :P) but I can't do the weight mapping/rigging for Skyrim yet.

Skeletons are easy once you get to know them; easier than meshing, even--no weights or normals to worry about.

I don't suppose there is a way to make a "sheathed" addon for Khajiit is there?

The issue with everything SOS related and custom models lies in the havok files.  From my limited understanding of the raw havok xml files, everything gets aligned and arrayed according to the bones, and even those can get moved around by the havok script.  For a 'sheathed' penis like you would see on a large cat, we would have to change the behavior of the flaccid state.  Even for something seemingly as simple as adding foreskin might require changes to the havok behaviours (or exceptionally skillful meshing--I have an idea of how this might work, but I lack the raw meshing skill to do it).

For the future of SOS, I'd like to see a few things done:

1- The core code needs to be changed so that individual races/genders can have unique flaccid/erect states with the accompanying animations. Right now there is only one set, used by everything. While the one set is practical for SL integration, it is unrealistic for the larger use SOS.

2- A bone needs to be added to the skeleton for controlling foreskin, sheaths, barbs, etc. Having one would allow the havok to reveal the glans or unsheathe the penis in the erect state while covering in the flaccid state.

3- Core changes to allow for more than one flaccid state.  Limp and dangly all the time is not realistic in the cold climates of Skyrim.

4- Greater MCM and/or Racemenu controls.  Among other things, I'd like to be able to have one size when flaccid, then via MCM config, a much larger size while erect.

5- Tighter script control for schlongification. Right now the script scans everything and tries to put a schlong on it, including birds.  Long term, this might have been intended for animals in addition to humanoids, but for the time being is too heavy.  Possibly split the script into two, one targeting the humanoids, and a second for animals (if the project advances that far).

These are lofty aspirations, but I'm hoping we can form a team to tackle the pressing issues.  It would also be nice if we could contact VectorPlexus, Smurfette, and others to get what remaining assets they have. I know working VampLord and werewolf models/textures were around and someone else was working on male spriggan and male flame atronach

Well, a "normal" one would be enough for starters. Also i actually doubt that a lot of people like a forked one (also it is a bit implausible for various reasons). Of course i dont stand in your way if you want to do this because you like it yourself. I'am just mentioning it.

Btw, the only thing missing for a working SoS Werewolf/Vampire Lord are the models, right? Anyone working on some? :x

Btw, the only thing missing for a working SoS Werewolf/Vampire Lord are the models, right? Anyone working on some? :x

The textures actually are the key missing component. The models for the schlongs are approximately the same, and the nude VampLord just needs the loincloth removed.  But I know that VectorPlexus (the original mod author) had working textures and models (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/3874-creating-an-animated-penis/?p=444048) that were never released. I know he contracted models and textures out while he worked on the scripts and havok files.  I'll see if I can look-up and contact the modeler (I think it was the guy that did the Mighty Beasts mod...) and see if they still have the assets we're looking for.

Skeletons are easy once you get to know them; easier than meshing, even--no weights or normals to worry about.

I've done skeletons in Studio and Poser for the innane poser capsule system, and in Studio for weight mapping. The problem is that I've been spoiled by the point-click-click-click toolset :) I got a quick "It's easy, just copy the bones over in NifScope" but I seem to be stuck at the "... but where is the copy button/menu item/keycombo?" stage. That, and "how do I get it from one instance to another?"

I'll find a tutorial yet!

I don't suppose there is a way to make a "sheathed" addon for Khajiit is there?

The issue with everything SOS related and custom models lies in the havok files.  From my limited understanding of the raw havok xml files, everything gets aligned and arrayed according to the bones, and even those can get moved around by the havok script.  For a 'sheathed' penis like you would see on a large cat, we would have to change the behavior of the flaccid state.  Even for something seemingly as simple as adding foreskin might require changes to the havok behaviours (or exceptionally skillful meshing--I have an idea of how this might work, but I lack the raw meshing skill to do it).

Animateable, retractable foreskins are flat-out obnoxious if you don't have a shapekey/morph system and you don't have mesh that can handle self-collision. With a shapekey/morph system that you can drive with your rig, they're just... annoying.

Sheathing is basically the same problem, although slightly less fiddly because you can hide a lot of stuff "inside" the model". I initially wanted to do a sheathing model but abandoned the idea really quickly once I thought it through.

1- The core code needs to be changed so that individual races/genders can have unique flaccid/erect states with the accompanying animations. Right now there is only one set, used by everything. While the one set is practical for SL integration, it is unrealistic for the larger use SOS.

From reading the documentation, schlong addons can add the appropriate behaviour themselves - the problem is that it's at the scary advanced end only covered briefly at the end of the PDF, with the havok behavior files and whatnot.

3- Core changes to allow for more than one flaccid state.  Limp and dangly all the time is not realistic in the cold climates of Skyrim.

Basically a variation on better support for alternate behaviour, like sheathing. I mean, essentially humans do have a sheathable schlong, it's just we're not set up to make much use of the feature under comfortable conditions :)

4- Greater MCM and/or Racemenu controls.  Among other things, I'd like to be able to have one size when flaccid, then via MCM config, a much larger size while erect.

I'd personally like to have a separate slider for global schlong scaling and global scrotum scaling.

Well, a "normal" one would be enough for starters. Also i actually doubt that a lot of people like a forked one (also it is a bit implausible for various reasons). Of course i dont stand in your way if you want to do this because you like it yourself. I'am just mentioning it.

's about as implausible as elves, and there are enough forked lizards (and marsupials) that it works for me just for variety's sake :)

It's all academic as I'm starting at the simpler end. No point in getting myself launched into a project that's way out of my league when I haven't even got proof-of-concept armour working yet. I'd definitely tackle sheathing for either (both) races before I'd really try the forked project - that's semi-plausibly doable with bone scaling and translating, if I can get the animation system cracked open.

From reading the documentation, schlong addons can add the appropriate behaviour themselves - the problem is that it's at the scary advanced end only covered briefly at the end of the PDF, with the havok behavior files and whatnot.

The schlong addons do call their own behavior assets but only for the placement/alignment and the idle animations.  The flaccid and erect animation are handled by the larger system which calls a generic set of assets (as far as I can tell from reading the XML files. But it may be that I overlooked in the specific behavior files the calls for the state animations).

And I'll see if I can find the skeleton tutorial I learned from when I made the Joy of perspective compatible SOS skeleton (which is now part of the XPMS).  It was really hard to find, attached to a an obscure accessory mod or something.