Devious Devices - Captured Dreams Shop v4.15 - files removed

18 minutes ago, Chroom22 said:

So Part 3 can be ignored completely then? Alright that helps plenty since I've been installing it last thinking the esp in it was required over the one in CD part 1. So basically I just have to merge CD file 1 and 2 together and throw File 5 into it as well if I want to enable the changes.

I don't know what made me think "Captured_Dreams_V4-05.7Z" was a necessary file at first. Likely the filesize. In any case thanks for the break down. I wasn't aware CD file 3 wasn't required if you already had DDx. I was overwriting so many files it's no wonder I was getting so many issues.

Just make sure to unzip file 5 and just use the portions you want as each of them is individually zipped within that zip file.

You may want to clean your save or, if it was a new game start again as v4.05 and v4.15 are incompatible as a number of properties and aliases have been changed.

On 9/27/2018 at 8:28 AM, ceber said:

I've tried to run CD on SSE, and so far so good. I did have to run the meshes through the nifoptimizer, and upscaled 1 texture that wasn't a "multiple of 4" resolution, to get things working but that is a small effort.

Hey, so what versions of the dependencies are you using, ceber?  Also, I assume from the mention of upscaling that you're using CD Part 2 - Meshes and Textures - Orig V4.09.7z, not CD Part 2 - Meshes and Textures - 2048k V4.09.7z or one of the others?

I'm consistently running into the same crash HytekDragon mentioned, when I enter any of the CD indoor cells via door or coc, as well as when I teleport any CD NPC to me, and try to talk to them.  It doesn't seem to be logging any errors in the Papyrus log when it happens, so I suspect that it's either a texture that the game doesn't like for some reason, or some animation which is missing from some ported mod.

On 9/30/2018 at 3:16 AM, Chroom22 said:

I might be stupid for asking this but I've installed this mod about a 6 times now. I've read the description about a dozen times but I just can't seem to understand what to do apparently. What order do I need to install this? And which files should I install in what order?

I installed File 1 then File 2, then 3. I then installed the master file titled Captured Dreams. When that didn't work (lots of errors) I just installed 1 2 and 3 but got errors with the dialog "Outlook Failed" or whatever and the clothing was invisible despite me running the body slide tool through MO. I then just said screw it and merged 1 2 and 3 into 1 pack, threw in the "captured Dreams" for good measure , made sure that pack 1's ESP was the only CD ESP and now Master won't take off certain toys after delivering the package. Namely the Harness and Collar. I could spend another 6 or so attempts trying to install this but I figure I should just ask since I've spent a good couple of hours on this.

Basically I just want the install order spelled out for me. What order am I supposed to install these files in?

For me 1 2 3 4 5 (just the order they are named).

If you're using MO you can try a bare bones run (just CD and requirements) to see if you maybe have another mod interfering. Also the device removal is a bit weird after DD4 Val put up a file somewhere in this forum a couple pages back which, at least for me, fixes 90% of those issues.

@Veladarius

I noticed that, even with the script fix for dd4, setting device preference to harness the delivery quest (not sure if other areas as well) seem unable to equip the harness and master just gives a "Hey!", Any ideas? I am using dd4 and am aware you are working on that, so if it's that, I'll patiently await the next update of cd ?

9 hours ago, coyoteseattle said:

Hey, so what versions of the dependencies are you using, ceber?  Also, I assume from the mention of upscaling that you're using CD Part 2 - Meshes and Textures - Orig V4.09.7z, not CD Part 2 - Meshes and Textures - 2048k V4.09.7z or one of the others?

I'm consistently running into the same crash HytekDragon mentioned, when I enter any of the CD indoor cells via door or coc, as well as when I teleport any CD NPC to me, and try to talk to them.  It doesn't seem to be logging any errors in the Papyrus log when it happens, so I suspect that it's either a texture that the game doesn't like for some reason, or some animation which is missing from some ported mod.

If you are using the mesh sets I had (part 4) the CBBE meshes, specifically the ebonite corset w/ belt will cause a ctd all of the time due to an issue with the bodyslide files used to make it. If you are using them I suggest using the v4 bodyslide file and rebuilding them.

Try going to the original mesh set instead. While it does not look like much there are 2 layers to the walls as there is a panel placed over the normal wood walls so the game renders the invisible one first then the visible one.

Beyond that, upload a log with 5-10 minutes of play BEFORE trying to enter so I can see what all is going on in your game. Make sure logging is turned on for any mods you have.

18 hours ago, Veladarius said:

If you are using the mesh sets I had (part 4) the CBBE meshes, specifically the ebonite corset w/ belt will cause a ctd all of the time due to an issue with the bodyslide files used to make it. If you are using them I suggest using the v4 bodyslide file and rebuilding them.

Try going to the original mesh set instead. While it does not look like much there are 2 layers to the walls as there is a panel placed over the normal wood walls so the game renders the invisible one first then the visible one.

Beyond that, upload a log with 5-10 minutes of play BEFORE trying to enter so I can see what all is going on in your game. Make sure logging is turned on for any mods you have.

Yep, I was building them myself, and saw the same thing when using the original mesh set.  So here's a log of me loading a save immediately outside of the Helgen cave, and walking over to the Captured Dreams shop.  For the sake of eliminating variables and making logs less messy, I've removed all mods except the SSE versions of the requirements for CD, as well as Live Another Life SE and the Unofficial SSE patch.

Papyrus.0.log

4 hours ago, coyoteseattle said:

Yep, I was building them myself, and saw the same thing when using the original mesh set.  So here's a log of me loading a save immediately outside of the Helgen cave, and walking over to the Captured Dreams shop.  For the sake of eliminating variables and making logs less messy, I've removed all mods except the SSE versions of the requirements for CD, as well as Live Another Life SE and the Unofficial SSE patch.

Papyrus.0.log

The only error with CD is the property errors on the devices within the merchant containers which is typical since v3 and v4 belt scripts are different and use different animations. These showed up at the start of the log (which is generally the only time you see them in the original version of Skyrim) and then again it looks like when entering the shop (not sure why SSE load it again but that is typical of what I have seen of it). Because of this additional papyrus work when loading the shop interior I would suggest increasing this value in the ini file: 

'Load screen budget: 500.000000ms'   as this limits how much time papyrus has to run scripts when going between areas with a load screen.

I don't know much about SSE since I never used it but my original Skyrim papyrus entries are as follows:

fUpdateBudgetMS=1.2
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=2.0
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=1000.0
iMinMemoryPageSize=128
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=76800

The top three have been increased by a good amount to allow scripts time to run during the transition. I do have increased load times between areas but then I also run at a UGrids of 9 so there is more for the game to load but load times between interiors is not affected much.

Just for comparison this is my Fallout 4 ini papyrus settings running a Ugrids of 7:

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
fUpdateBudgetMS=2.4
fExtraTaskletBudgetMS=2.4
iMinMemoryPageSize=128
iMaxMemoryPageSize=512
iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=307200

As a note, FO4 has a number of quests that start when an area is loaded where Skyrim has few (if any as I have not noticed any) so running any higher in FO4 is a hassle.

I have a problem of  Captured Dreams Shop v4.15.

When I was completing the quest (Quest – Go pick up a package: Travel to the lighthouse near Solitude and pick up a package. It turns out there is more to this package than you or Master knew and there are people looking for it and it is something you can’t hide. Can you evade the people looking for it? Note: Fast travel is disabled once the item is picked up.)

I had a bug in the cell that the master could not do anything to the slave.And i couldn't be freed from the animation.

Can you tell me why it happened and how to solve it?

Thank you very much.

8 hours ago, dayangvvv said:

I have a problem of  Captured Dreams Shop v4.15.

When I was completing the quest (Quest – Go pick up a package: Travel to the lighthouse near Solitude and pick up a package. It turns out there is more to this package than you or Master knew and there are people looking for it and it is something you can’t hide. Can you evade the people looking for it? Note: Fast travel is disabled once the item is picked up.)

I had a bug in the cell that the master could not do anything to the slave.And i couldn't be freed from the animation.

Can you tell me why it happened and how to solve it?

Thank you very much.

Dunno about the second question but you CAN evade them without an bug occurring. I just got back on my horse and ran away and came back when they couldn't catch up.

you dont even need to get on your horse, you can swim across the channel with the package following you., and seeing as how you will be taveling through the woods and forests of skyrim, the hunters will have a very hard time finding you. that is how i avoided the hunters myself, and never visited the tower. just had to kill spiders, wolves and the such.

On 9/29/2018 at 11:15 AM, Veladarius said:

The problem is that there are some scenes that have scripts at various phases that have to be run and can't be skipped. Not having other mods running that can disrupt the scenes by doing something with an npc or the player (most all have a way to temporarily disable those features in their MCM menu) has been a rule from the start. Besides, Skyrim considers a scene with a force greet that moves into dialogue to still be running until that dialogue ends (which is why they end up repeating if the dialogue is interrupted or ends improperly) so setting a timer for it is not feasible.

If people are not willing to follow my simple rule then they can deal with the consequences and if modders don't make a way to disable whatever their mod does then I would consider it incompatible.

I have several hundred scenes in CD, I know what areas are problem areas and am working on making sure they work but Skyrim can be damn picky at times with scenes, especially so with ones with force greets and not end them properly (I just found one that should be ending as the ending script runs but it does not technically end and has no force greet).

The simplest fallback I can think of might be called "get a room":

Teleport the player and the conversation target to a dedicated small room, leave the screen black, wait until the conversation completes (have the end handler check for being in that room). Then teleport them back out.

A pain, for sure (you don't know if a room is garbaged by another npc when things are broken, so each such conversation needs its own place). I keep hoping that Elminster will give us something that can serialize a plugin to text and then deserialize it back to mod format, so rebuilding lots of conversations can be tackled... but ...

10 hours ago, Azurahawk said:

So... when I try equipping my slave with one of the devices I bought from Captured Dreams, they do not activate; such as cuffs, chasity, plugs, etc. Is my save file bugged or is it something to do with my load order? 

Attached is my load order. 

LoadOrder.txt

All of the device scripts were changed quite a bit between v3 and v4 so any of the CD generic items likely do not work. The CD quest devices link to the equip script or one of the other scripts but the interface was replaced by the custom scripts so they generally still work. CGi was doing a test conversion on one of my other mods that uses a script in TESVEdit to migrate the device from v3 to v4 scripts but I have not heard if it has been successful or not, I have a feeling it is more difficult than first thought.

10 hours ago, sen4mi said:

The simplest fallback I can think of might be called "get a room":

Teleport the player and the conversation target to a dedicated small room, leave the screen black, wait until the conversation completes (have the end handler check for being in that room). Then teleport them back out.

A pain, for sure (you don't know if a room is garbaged by another npc when things are broken, so each such conversation needs its own place). I keep hoping that Elminster will give us something that can serialize a plugin to text and then deserialize it back to mod format, so rebuilding lots of conversations can be tackled... but ...

Moving to another room would not help as mods that can take over the player or npc can still do it no matter where they are. These scripted events will stop scenes and dialogue and if only the npc and player were in the room it would likely happen between the two of them. The fix is for this issue is for mod makers to check to see if the player or npc they are looking to take over are already doing something and then select someone else. I have no way of stopping these scripted events and have done what I can to make it so scenes can recover from them but this is not always possible. Also it would break immersion and require rewriting most of the scenes as this happens in just about every scene where the npc either speaks to another npc or the player and npc move to another spot whether it is another cell or in the same room.

Localization puts all of the dialogue into a file that the mod reads from already. The issues are with Skyrim's engine and how it handles dialogue. Player to npc dialogue is handled by the dialogue system while npc to npc dialogue is handled by scenes. Player dialogue, even if there are no options, can not be put into a scene unless you do something like I did with Customer Assist 02 when the player meets the customer and I use an invisible npc called 'player voice' in the scenes. This is a bit of a pain, adds another npc that can be interfered with and does not let the player choose options in dialogue. FO4's dialogue is handled within the scenes so you can have player/npc conversations along side npc/npc conversations without having to go back and forth though the limitation of only 4 choices is a pain (likely due to console control simplification) and would require careful planning to build dialogue that would normally have quite a few more options and require more levels of dialogue. I'm not even sure how one would go about making a complex dialogue tree where you can move forward and backward within the tree but that system would still be vulnerable to takeover by scripted events.

In summary I have no plans on rebuilding the scenes or dialogue based on your suggestions as they would 1- break immersion, 2- not stop other mods from interrupting scenes as they can still take over those in the room, 3- require a lot more load screens as it would happen every time you were moved to the other room and returned and 4- be far too much work as I have hundreds of scenes and close to 10,000 lines of dialogue.

I just set up a new game and now the Master is wearing the nobles clothing again instead of the catsuit. I haven't had this problem for a loooong time but now it's back. My only suspect overwriting part 1 of CD is your DD4 patch. Could this be the culprit? Or is there an easy fix for it?

3 hours ago, Stuker said:

I just set up a new game and now the Master is wearing the nobles clothing again instead of the catsuit. I haven't had this problem for a loooong time but now it's back. My only suspect overwriting part 1 of CD is your DD4 patch. Could this be the culprit? Or is there an easy fix for it?

I just installed the necessary files and the female Embassy patch and it's working fine outside of a few small problems. Have you tried not installing DD4 patch?

2 hours ago, Chroom22 said:

I just installed the necessary files and the female Embassy patch and it's working fine outside of a few small problems. Have you tried not installing DD4 patch?

Nope. I will do that as soon as I'm at home of course. I had this problem solved long time ago and can't remember the solution. My load order hasn't changed that much since last time but it's the first time I started a complete new game with the patch installed. It was installed on a existing savegame and there weren't any problems with the catsuits then.

18 hours ago, Stuker said:

The DD4 patch only has 3 scripts in it: CDxDeviceRemoval (runs quest to pay to get items removed), CDxExpQuest02 (Embassy quest) and finally CDxFramework (holds the primary removal function for the standard devices).

The outfits are all governed by Outfits with leveled lists in them so the DD4 patch would do nothing to this. You can try resurrecting her and seeing if her outfit changes but the only way for her to end up not using the catsuits is to use the patch that removes them from the outfit lists of her and the Assistants.

19 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

The DD4 patch only has 3 scripts in it: CDxDeviceRemoval (runs quest to pay to get items removed), CDxExpQuest02 (Embassy quest) and finally CDxFramework (holds the primary removal function for the standard devices).

The outfits are all governed by Outfits with leveled lists in them so the DD4 patch would do nothing to this. You can try resurrecting her and seeing if her outfit changes but the only way for her to end up not using the catsuits is to use the patch that removes them from the outfit lists of her and the Assistants.

"(holds the primary removal function for the standard devices)"

Does this answer my question for the arm binders not being removed for the Party Favors quest?

1 hour ago, Veladarius said:

Hmmm... I don't have touched any of the CDS parts in my load order and never had the patch for not using the catsuits installed at all. Is Aradia Devious Expansion known to cause issues with CDS?

Every armbinder in devious devices/expansion/etc works perfectly except for "CD armbinder" specifically - with that one item I get the awkward dismembered arms hanging at the sides thing during everything except the struggle animation where it's working correctly somehow. Anyone know how this could be happening?

Also when I started the CD mine enslavement quest I couldn't actually talk to the orc to pick up the ebony from him on the second iteration of the quest - the dialogue option would appear and then it'd boot me out of his conversation without advancing anything.

2 minutes ago, Demerots said:

Every armbinder in devious devices/expansion/etc works perfectly except for "CD armbinder" specifically - with that one item I get the awkward dismembered arms hanging at the sides thing during everything except the struggle animation where it's working correctly somehow. Anyone know how this could be happening?

Also when I started the CD mine enslavement quest I couldn't actually talk to the orc to pick up the ebony from him on the second iteration of the quest - the dialogue option would appear and then it'd boot me out of his conversation without advancing anything.

I don't know about the CD mine issue.

But the CD armbinder not working correctly is a known issue. The armbinder hasn't been updated to DD4 yet.

On 10/5/2018 at 8:41 AM, Stuker said:

Hmmm... I don't have touched any of the CDS parts in my load order and never had the patch for not using the catsuits installed at all. Is Aradia Devious Expansion known to cause issues with CDS?

Not that I know of. Also, whether or not you are using the bashed patch from Wrye Bash or anything similar should not matter since the catsuits are part of CD and in the base leveled lists. Use either Resurrect or ResetInventory on her a few times to see if it changes her outfit as it will randomly pick another one each time. I don't know of any other mod that changes her outfits

22 hours ago, Demerots said:

There is an issue with the conditions on the repeat visit dialogue. Use the following to get it to work:   set  cdxSlaveTaskLvl to 1   you can also try using the value of 2 there if that does not work right.