Devious Devices - Captured Dreams Shop v4.15 - files removed

On 9/7/2018 at 10:25 PM, Shaddranat said:

Ok, so I picked up a set of the chastity rings because I find them more aesthetically appealing than the belts, as well as the lock bar with the shield and bell. Everything is working fine with them except for one minor hiccup...there's no textures for them (not for the rings or the shield/bell piece)

Also, the chastity rings and locking pin look misaligned compared to the one from Zaria's restraints. I don't know if it's because the one from Zaria's restraints (image on the left) is in 1 item and the one from CD is in 2 items (the rings and the locking part)(image on the right), but it's annoying for me.

img_chastity_piercing_lock_from_zaria.pnimg_chastity_piercing_lock_with_zaria.pn

14 hours ago, Lady Victoria said:

Thank you for this because I would of never figured this out on my own lol.

Well I did everything I was supposed to do. And the female slave said she will have it done by the morning. But when I went back to tell Markus both jobs were done. He didn’t say anything to me. So I waited till the end of the day and he said I’m late but my jobs are done so go to bed. So I do. Then I wake up the next morning and he says the same thing to me that he told me the night before and to go back to bed? So um yeah I’m kind of stuck... again. I’m starting to think your Mod don’t like me or I really am horrible at this. I’m thinking it’s my second guess ☹️  But I really like it so I refuse to quit 

5 hours ago, Lady Victoria said:

Well I did everything I was supposed to do. And the female slave said she will have it done by the morning. But when I went back to tell Markus both jobs were done. He didn’t say anything to me. So I waited till the end of the day and he said I’m late but my jobs are done so go to bed. So I do. Then I wake up the next morning and he says the same thing to me that he told me the night before and to go back to bed? So um yeah I’m kind of stuck... again. I’m starting to think your Mod don’t like me or I really am horrible at this. I’m thinking it’s my second guess ☹️  But I really like it so I refuse to quit 

Sounds like the start of day did not run or a variable was not reset.

Use     sqv  CDxSlavery_prop_manor    in the console and look for the variable 'DutiesAssigned'

If it isn't, use   setpqv cdxslavery_prop_manor dutiesassigned 0

This may not take effect until the end of the day.

If this does not work let me know and I will look and see if there is another way to force the start of day to run.

17 hours ago, Veladarius said:

Sounds like the start of day did not run or a variable was not reset.

Use     sqv  CDxSlavery_prop_manor    in the console and look for the variable 'DutiesAssigned'

If it isn't, use   setpqv cdxslavery_prop_manor dutiesassigned 0

This may not take effect until the end of the day.

If this does not work let me know and I will look and see if there is another way to force the start of day to run.

Yes that took care of that problem.  ?

On 9/11/2018 at 9:49 PM, Veladarius said:

Use the resets for her in the MCM menu, likely the quest that controls her AI when she is your slave is not running.

On 9/11/2018 at 11:05 PM, Prime66 said:

Ohh sorry, I forgot to write that I tried that already. 

Sorry, Vel I meant I tried The MCM reset and it didn't help, she still makes the Force greet and stays in the VIP House. 

Hope you can help.  

20 hours ago, Prime66 said:

Sorry, Vel I meant I tried The MCM reset and it didn't help, she still makes the Force greet and stays in the VIP House. 

Hope you can help.  

OK, let's check some things and make sure that it transitioned the control properly and something is not hung up someplace or that the force greet scene is stuck running.

sqv CDxExpQuest04

--- if it is sitting at stage 500 then the force greet dialogue where she says to take her to your home did not end properly. If it is at 500 then do the following:

------ setstage cdxexpquest04 900

------ stopscene xx07643d

------ this should end the quest and force end the scene with the force greet in it.

--- the 'follow me' command under 'Yes, Master?' can be quirky at times. You can make her a follower using whatever follower management mod you use and have her follow you that way. Just make sure that if you tell her to follow you using her commands that you tell her to start her work once assigned and not to follow you or she may show up at some point (likely when transitioning between cells with a load screen).

sqv CDxDiaErani

--- should be at stage 10

------ if not then use   setstage cdxdiaerani 10

--- Make sure that the Aliases for Erani and PlayerX are filled. Player is preset so it should be filled no matter what. Resetting in the MCM should have filled them.

--- value for  isplayerslave   should be 'true'

--- value for  assignedplayer    should be 1

Let me know what you find

2 hours ago, Veladarius said:

OK, let's check some things and make sure that it transitioned the control properly and something is not hung up someplace or that the force greet scene is stuck running.

sqv CDxExpQuest04

--- if it is sitting at stage 500 then the force greet dialogue where she says to take her to your home did not end properly. If it is at 500 then do the following:

------ setstage cdxexpquest04 900

------ stopscene xx07643d

------ this should end the quest and force end the scene with the force greet in it.

--- the 'follow me' command under 'Yes, Master?' can be quirky at times. You can make her a follower using whatever follower management mod you use and have her follow you that way. Just make sure that if you tell her to follow you using her commands that you tell her to start her work once assigned and not to follow you or she may show up at some point (likely when transitioning between cells with a load screen).

sqv CDxDiaErani

--- should be at stage 10

------ if not then use   setstage cdxdiaerani 10

--- Make sure that the Aliases for Erani and PlayerX are filled. Player is preset so it should be filled no matter what. Resetting in the MCM should have filled them.

--- value for  isplayerslave   should be 'true'

--- value for  assignedplayer    should be 1

Let me know what you find

Thanks Vel, you're awesome after setting the Quest stage for cdxdaierani to 10 and Resetting the Slavery system it works flawlessly.  

Just been looking at the CD front page.

I was confused by the ambiguous use of the word "Done" in the tag-line:

Development is done as of 8/19/2018

"Done" could also simply mean, completed, as in, a new version is ready to be released. I actually hoped it might mean this.

I had to search through all the small-print detail in the change lists to figure out that this actually meant "Development has ceased, as of 2018-8-19. No new versions of Captured Dreams Shop will be released."

It would be a benefit to readers coming to the page, months, or years in the future, if this ambiguity were cleared up.

Veladarius ... if you have ceased development of CD, then you should write that in a nice big sticky on the front page so we have total clarity.

If you have, in fact, retired from modding completely, then it would make sense to say something like:

"I have retired from modding, and while I will continue to answer questions on CD as much as I am able. I will not be making any updates or new mods."

Even now, a reader has to wade back through over ten pages of forum to find the "end of development" announcement, the ensuing argument, and some kind of sense of why development has stopped ... if it is still stopped ... and TBH I'm still not 100% sure whether that is the case or not. I was reading the forum at the time, and I'm still not sure what the outcome was, other than T.ara saying he'd fix some duplicate keywords, which is nice. A few months from now it will be near impossible to find that stuff and figure out what's happened.

OK, the permissions ARE there, nice and clear, but on the point where you say no third party may "alter" it... That's like saying I'm not allowed to use a hilighter pen on my copy of Fight Club. Copyright doesn't work that way. And from a practical perspective, basically, you just said I'm not allowed to merge or bash patch it.

But you could say, "It is not permitted to publish derivative works, based on the Captured Dreams Shop."

While this leaves some room for debate about what constitutes a derivative work, I believe it would do what you intend, more completely and more reliably than the current restriction ... which (I imagine) is intended  to stop someone from making a CD Redux that requires you to first install CD and then patches it wholesale. Even if they found some weird way (that you don't like) to use CD without modifying it at all, it would still be a derivative work, and would not be legal.

However, wording apart, if somebody wants to make a patch to fix a compatability bug in CD, for absurd example, Captured Dreams Vivid Weather's Patch, would you actually want to stop that? 

No, I'm not trying to trick you into agreeing that a patch is OK ... and thus a patch that completely fixes CD integration with DD4.2+ is ok ... I'm speculating that you want to stop such a patch being made and published. Of course you may not want to stop such a patch? I don't really know. I'm not even 100% sure that CD development is over. I'm just trying to figure out your actual intent.

What is the fate of all the new work that was done up to now?

On the more fundamental topic, it's a great pity that CD development appears to have ended, and that we will not see some dramatically revised or refreshed version of it. There is a certain distinctive "voice" and ethic behind CD that is not present in the wave of newer mods appearing, and it will be a pity to lose that.

Of course, CD is not going away, not exactly. Even if it were deleted from LL today, many would still have their existing copies ... but personally, I have little reason to go back and play a mod I've played a few times already when there are always new things coming out (even if they aren't for Skyrim).

It is the hope of "new content" that keeps up my interest in the modding scene, and I think I am not unique in that.

The potential of Veladarius' work will be missed, but his work remains. I am very thankful he made it for us, for no financial reward, and has supported it so diligently and for so long. He is certainly entitled to retire if he wishes. If the stresses of the online world are not helping his health he has a duty to himself to step away. But it is the "what might have been" that will be missed the most by me, and I mean that, not only with selfish greed, but sadness, and in the most grateful sense.

It was a pity that Veladarius and Kimy did not get on well together, but they didn't, and that's not likely to change.

However, it doesn't seem entirely fair to lay the blame for Vel's retirement at Kimy's door.

However, I strongly disapprove of DD's decision to remove the 3.X integration and expansion downloads.

It would be a positive move if they were made available again.

It is customary to keep old versions of software available, as a courtesy for users that may have reason to need them.

There are old mods that rely on DD3, and will never be updated to use 4.X; perhaps not cornerstone mods, but they exist, nonetheless.

That this also prevented Veladarius from continuing to develop CD for DD3 (if he wished) may, or may not, have been incidental, but it was certainly unfortunate, and ill-managed.

I can see how people might have feared a similar trick would be pulled with Zaz 7, given the removal of the DD3 download.

However, I don't believe that the DD team are able make that decision for Zaz even if they wanted to.

Also, the incompatibilities between Zaz 8 and DD are overstated.

I use 8 and DD4.1 together, and there are some problems, but most of my woes are with Simple Slavery, which has never ... ever ... worked reliably anyway, regardless entirely of DD.

I use a full FB and Billy SLAL install, with Zaz 8+ AND DD4.1 (not the improved dev version that uses less animations) and it still works under FNIS 7.4.5 and does NOT require the XXL version.

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

"Done" could also simply mean, completed, as in, a new version is ready to be released. I actually hoped it might mean this.

I had to search through all the small-print detail in the change lists to figure out that this actually meant "Development has ceased, as of 2018-8-19. No new versions of Captured Dreams Shop will be released."

It would be a benefit to readers coming to the page, months, or years in the future, if this ambiguity were cleared up.

Veladarius ... if you have ceased development of CD, then you should write that in a nice big sticky on the front page so we have total clarity.

If you have, in fact, retired from modding completely, then it would make sense to say something like:

"I have retired from modding, and while I will continue to answer questions on CD as much as I am able. I will not be making any updates or new mods."

Even now, a reader has to wade back through over ten pages of forum to find the "end of development" announcement, the ensuing argument, and some kind of sense of why development has stopped ... if it is still stopped ... and TBH I'm still not 100% sure whether that is the case or not. I was reading the forum at the time, and I'm still not sure what the outcome was, other than T.ara saying he'd fix some duplicate keywords, which is nice. A few months from now it will be near impossible to find that stuff and figure out what's happened.

OK, the permissions ARE there, nice and clear, but on the point where you say no third party may "alter" it... That's like saying I'm not allowed to use a hilighter pen on my copy of Fight Club. Copyright doesn't work that way. And from a practical perspective, basically, you just said I'm not allowed to merge or bash patch it.

But you could say, "It is not permitted to publish derivative works, based on the Captured Dreams Shop."

While this leaves some room for debate about what constitutes a derivative work, I believe it would do what you intend, more completely and more reliably than the current restriction ... which (I imagine) is intended  to stop someone from making a CD Redux that requires you to first install CD and then patches it wholesale. Even if they found some weird way (that you don't like) to use CD without modifying it at all, it would still be a derivative work, and would not be legal.

However, wording apart, if somebody wants to make a patch to fix a compatability bug in CD, for absurd example, Captured Dreams Vivid Weather's Patch, would you actually want to stop that? 

No, I'm not trying to trick you into agreeing that a patch is OK ... and thus a patch that completely fixes CD integration with DD4.2+ is ok ... I'm speculating that you want to stop such a patch being made and published. Of course you may not want to stop such a patch? I don't really know. I'm not even 100% sure that CD development is over. I'm just trying to figure out your actual intent.

He put "Development is done as of 8/19/2018" because he didn't want to continue at that time. But some of the things that bothered him have been resolved and last I heard from him is that he is planning to work on it again.

18 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I will be continuing development, as for when anything will be released I don't know. I have been near burnout but want to continue and my mental issues don't help so I have to get into the right frame of mind. I had been starting work again on DD before the last 'outburst' caused by misinformation and my bipolar and anxiety and I am trying to put myself back together enough to work on it again.

Yes, my intent was that CD not be updated to comply with DD in any way, shape or form as that was how angered I was by the misinformation. Had that information been correct I would have rather CD died than be updated by someone else. This was not what the person's intent who gave me the information but I have very strong feelings over CD and what happens to it and I believed that they would have done something to bring CD up to v4.

Luckily the information given to me was false. Kimy and I have come to a compromise with her adjusting DD enough to accommodate my play style and I understand that the individual options won't be coming back and will work on updating CD to v4. 

It will be finished at some point with v4.16 along with more content (2 quests made, 2+ to make, Manor Slave mechanics left to finish reconstruction of and a number of bug fixes and adjustments to make no to mention updating to v4 of DD). I have Manor Slave ready to finish, it needs the new dialogue for handling the new task system and added tasks. I can build a quest fairly quickly when I am in the right frame of mind, getting there is the issue for me now.

7 hours ago, Veladarius said:

Luckily the information given to me was false. Kimy and I have come to a compromise with her adjusting DD enough to accommodate my play style and I understand that the individual options won't be coming back and will work on updating CD to v4. 

Of course you were not the only person asking for more fine grained control, and DD 4.1 had already gone a long way to resolving things, even if it isn't quite all the way there yet.  Hopefully, we may one day see something like the basic vs advanced settings that were suggested recently in a very well argued post. But as has also been pointed out, those settings are only for standard items. I think that's both good and bad...

I have argued, in the past, that the issue with the old controls in DD were not that there were several options, but that there were two distinct escape systems - each with its own stats - that worked completely differently, and the player had no way of knowing when one or the other would, or was, being used.

The system that exists now is a stealth version of that, because custom items can use any escape mechanic they like, but it's harmless as long as mod authors don't do painful things with it.

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Of course you were not the only person asking for more fine grained control, and DD 4.1 had already gone a long way to resolving things, even if it isn't quite all the way there yet.  Hopefully, we may one day see something like the basic vs advanced settings that were suggested recently in a very well argued post. But as has also been pointed out, those settings are only for standard items. I think that's both good and bad...

I have argued, in the past, that the issue with the old controls in DD were not that there were several options, but that there were two distinct escape systems - each with its own stats - that worked completely differently, and the player had no way of knowing when one or the other would, or was, being used.

The system that exists now is a stealth version of that, because custom items can use any escape mechanic they like, but it's harmless as long as mod authors don't do painful things with it.

Mainly the optional stuff added additional layers to escaping and for the most part it is all still there it is just a matter of how it is handled by the devices and control system. I have gone through the code and am pretty sure I could go and alter the system to use the old menu but keep the ability for modders to set the device parameters on custom items while letting the player set the parameters for the standard items. This would require modifying a number of major DD scripts though and was why I never did it.

I have finally become a relationship slave. But once she fitted me with my new items I couldn’t wear any other boots other then a pair of leather restrictive boots that I don’t even have in my inventory anymore. The only time I can get them off is when they are automatically taken off threw a in game mod quest or animation. Then when that’s over I am bare foot. So I go into inventory and try to put on something else like the pony boots and it automatically puts back on the leather restrictive boots that I don’t even have. Do you have any advice on how I can fix this problem? Any info will truly be appreciated!  I also have devious training, devious followers, S.L.U.T.S, mods installed too if one of those for some reason might be conflicting with one another perhaps?  I also noiticed that I am still noted as a property slave in the quest dialogue? Is that something to be concerned about as well for future play threw?

6 hours ago, Lady Victoria said:

I have finally become a relationship slave. But once she fitted me with my new items I couldn’t wear any other boots other then a pair of leather restrictive boots that I don’t even have in my inventory anymore. The only time I can get them off is when they are automatically taken off threw a in game mod quest or animation. Then when that’s over I am bare foot. So I go into inventory and try to put on something else like the pony boots and it automatically puts back on the leather restrictive boots that I don’t even have. Do you have any advice on how I can fix this problem? Any info will truly be appreciated!  I also have devious training, devious followers, S.L.U.T.S, mods installed too if one of those for some reason might be conflicting with one another perhaps?  I also noiticed that I am still noted as a property slave in the quest dialogue? Is that something to be concerned about as well for future play threw?

That would be a DD issue, it stores what items you have on in a file so removing items via console does not work. You will need to use DD's option to remove everything or once the boots are equipped again remove them via key or pay Master to do it (unless they are broken then the DD option is the only one). If you do use the DD option it will remove the Relationship Slave items so you may have to get them back via console. You can use showinventory on yourself and find the ID's for them in there, note them and then just add them back.

As for the dialogue it is normal, there is very little done on Relationship Slave. v4.16 will add a bit (though what it adds will be available at other times). Yet another thing in development that keeps getting pushed back.

5 hours ago, Veladarius said:

That would be a DD issue, it stores what items you have on in a file so removing items via console does not work. You will need to use DD's option to remove everything or once the boots are equipped again remove them via key or pay Master to do it (unless they are broken then the DD option is the only one). If you do use the DD option it will remove the Relationship Slave items so you may have to get them back via console. You can use showinventory on yourself and find the ID's for them in there, note them and then just add them back.

As for the dialogue it is normal, there is very little done on Relationship Slave. v4.16 will add a bit (though what it adds will be available at other times). Yet another thing in development that keeps getting pushed back.

Ok. It’s does seem there are definitely broken. Along with some other items now. The Master don’t even remove them as well. As for the Mod progress.  Although is something I definitely look forward too. But what is more important is yourself. We can wait on further development. Besides you already done so much on this wonderful Mod.  We have plenty to do to keep us occupied ?

Uhm. So Hunter won´t let me do a Job for her because im not wearing one of her belts. But i am. Its more weird though. It doesn´t look like one from her. Only the Inventory Object looks like a Captures Dreams one. Also i am getting a ton of LOOK UP FAILED!. 1 When the Slaver comes into the Ship and asks me what slave i want to be and 2 when i look into my Quest Log. The Description of the Quest is the Name of the Quest and the where the description should actually be it says LOOK UP FAILED!

34 minutes ago, AkiKay said:

Uhm. So Hunter won´t let me do a Job for her because im not wearing one of her belts. But i am. Its more weird though. It doesn´t look like one from her. Only the Inventory Object looks like a Captures Dreams one. Also i am getting a ton of LOOK UP FAILED!. 1 When the Slaver comes into the Ship and asks me what slave i want to be and 2 when i look into my Quest Log. The Description of the Quest is the Name of the Quest and the where the description should actually be it says LOOK UP FAILED!

If you are using v4.05 you need to also use the v4.051 patch which will fix the names and dialogue as there is an issue with the translation file. v4.05 is generally only for German speaking people that need it and not the English version of v4.15 but switching will likely require cleaning the save between uninstalling the old version and installing the new one or a new game.

4 hours ago, Seph1r0th said:

I just got skyrim a few weeks ago and was looking for a new challenge and found captured dreams I have everything it needs to run and have compiled all the files step by step and while it loads the game and runs the moment I enter the shop and it loads it ctds

1 - if you are using the premade CBBE bodyslide files get rid of them and build the items using DD v4's files as there is a bug in the v3 ebonite corset/belt combo that will cause a ctd whenever it is attempted to be displayed.

2 - if you are using a lot of mods that run constantly it can overload papyrus. I went over this same thing starting with this user in this post: 

3 - upload a copy of the papyrus log file, if you don't know what it is, where it is or how to turn it on google it as it is very simple. Just look for Skyrim Papyrus Log

Hi veladarius,

I'm not sure if you still develop cd? From the forums I understand you do, but on the main page you say you quit.

Anyways, if you still do work on it, I had a fun idea, not sure if already implemented. With chaste life, wouldn't it make sense that master won't allow you to relief to often (as in to keep you from getting overly obsessed with sexual activity)? I was thinking maybe a timer on how often your allowed to relieve? Say... 3 days or something, maybe configurable in the mcm?

If you try again within that timeframe a tasteful comment would be nice as well (maybe tied into the sub/Dom mechanic?)

I seem to be having a problem with the quest Part Favors. The animation with the two thalmor guards doesn’t play threw. It just gets stuck in a never ending anime and I’m frozen there. I tried a few times with no luck. Is their a way I can perhaps end it with a console command?

23 hours ago, jujoco said:

Hi veladarius,

I'm not sure if you still develop cd? From the forums I understand you do, but on the main page you say you quit.

Anyways, if you still do work on it, I had a fun idea, not sure if already implemented. With chaste life, wouldn't it make sense that master won't allow you to relief to often (as in to keep you from getting overly obsessed with sexual activity)? I was thinking maybe a timer on how often your allowed to relieve? Say... 3 days or something, maybe configurable in the mcm?

If you try again within that timeframe a tasteful comment would be nice as well (maybe tied into the sub/Dom mechanic?)

I still plan on working on it but there is no time frame for updates.

Adding an option for setting a minimum time for the chaste life belt relief would not be difficult. I can add appropriate remarks to it as well.