Devious Devices - Captured Dreams Shop v4.15 - files removed

3 minutes ago, Stuker said:

They are directly opposite to the shop on the other side of the road (Night Mistress Mansion) and an edit to the Half Moon Mill (Devious Manual). The later just messes with the texture geometry in front of the CD shop door, but nothing serious. It's just a visual thing. Night Mistress Mansion was a buggy mess when I tried it month ago. CTD's around the whole area as long as it was installed.

One of the cells the road goes half way through it so half of the cell I modified is part of the woods so anything just across the road is likely to cause issues. Skyrim does not handle 2 mods altering the same piece of nav mesh and one overwrites the other. This causes the losing mod's doors to not be connected and any npc exiting the building can cause a crash, has no effect on the pc unless they are under AI control as they are effectively an npc as far as limitations with nav mesh go. Once the expansion is done the Guard Captain has a routine of going from building to building checking on things.

23 hours ago, Veladarius said:

Use   help   CDxSlavePropQ1Done

The value should be -1 or -2 for the dialogue, I believe that the script sets the incorrect value if you are to return.

I will give it a try when I’m done with work this week. Hopefully I won’t have to bother you again ?

7 hours ago, Veladarius said:

The only reason I can think of is if you are using a mod like we have been discussing that adds another building to the area and has reset the nav meshes of the shop area and the doors are no longer connected to it. Beyond that there is nothing running, I use very few scripts that constantly run and they generally only update once per day.

Nope, I don't have any mods that change that area at all. Also, everything worked fine up until I was made a relationship slave (I went in and out of the manor many times fetching wood and water), so I have no idea what the issue is.  At least I can get there via the shop, so I'm not gonna complain too much at this point.  This IS Skyrim, after all...bugs are just a way of life, lol.

One of the cells the road goes half way through it so half of the cell I modified is part of the woods so anything just across the road is likely to cause issues. Skyrim does not handle 2 mods altering the same piece of nav mesh and one overwrites the other. This causes the losing mod's doors to not be connected and any npc exiting the building can cause a crash, has no effect on the pc unless they are under AI control as they are effectively an npc as far as limitations with nav mesh go. Once the expansion is done the Guard Captain has a routine of going from building to building checking on things.

I made some tests with the current versions of both mods installed and couldn't produce any problems. There were no visual glitches and when I made some NPCs (Herran of CD and Alice of NMM) walk from inside one place into the other, I couldn't produce any CTDs. The NPCs also found their way from place to place, except the usual glitch that the Night Mistress Mansion has even without CD. The NPCs often seem to stuck into the railing near the door, but some small pushing always helps. I'm using the Mod Organizer and in my test setup CD was loaded after the NMM (both the esp and the mod in the "left window"). This looks quite promising and I might have both of these mods installed for my next setup.

Also the vanilla navmesh can destroy a new quest which is set to the game. Followers don´t follow continuously and maybe a force-greet is not working correctly.

Most bad thing which happens is a quest, which simply stops to work (NPC´s look boring around and the player can´t exit this scene any more without the console).

It´s a good descission, to check specially the borders of a navmesh, where your mod´s questing runns "over" such borders (those green teritory-borders, and (also if those borders look fine from their distance !!!), you may want to put the dedicated navmesh-verticles onto each other and put them as congruent as possible and store this together with the mod....only some thoughts about some nonsence-effects, which could be harming a quest-mod.

The game tester(s) tested the game related to the bethesda quests and nothing else. New quests can lead to recover new additional errors of the navmesh simply, which can depend on the personal player´s position on the open-world-map.

(One example: on the way from the whiterun stables up to the whiterun city, there are 3 navmesh-error-gaps, which hinder the game to work error-free inside of that region)

[sorry: most of my "writing errors" are a result of an auto text correction]

9 hours ago, t.ara said:

Also the vanilla navmesh can destroy a new quest which is set to the game. Followers don´t follow continuously and maybe a force-greet is not working correctly.

Most bad thing which happens is a quest, which simply stops to work (NPC´s look boring around and the player can´t exit this scene any more without the console).

It´s a good descission, to check specially the borders of a navmesh, where your mod´s questing runns "over" such borders (those green teritory-borders, and (also if those borders look fine from their distance !!!), you may want to put the dedicated navmesh-verticles onto each other and put them as congruent as possible and store this together with the mod....only some thoughts about some nonsence-effects, which could be harming a quest-mod.

The game tester(s) tested the game related to the bethesda quests and nothing else. New quests can lead to recover new additional errors of the navmesh simply, which can depend on the personal player´s position on the open-world-map.

(One example: on the way from the whiterun stables up to the whiterun city, there are 3 navmesh-error-gaps, which hinder the game to work error-free inside of that region)

[sorry: most of my "writing errors" are a result of an auto text correction]

You are correct, if the nav mesh borders between cells are not aligned correctly (especially if there is a gap) then npc's won't be able to cross it. I spent a lot of time going over them and making adjustments, usually small ones but enough to interfere with npc's.

As for npc's getting stuck on the corners of objects it is due to the navmesh being too close to the object so the npc and item's collision boxes overlap and it stops the npc as it believes it is hung up on them. I had a lot of areas that I had to adjust in CD to keep this from happening.

On 9/5/2018 at 11:58 AM, Veladarius said:

The value should be -1 or -2 for the dialogue, I believe that the script sets the incorrect value if you are to return.

I have been meaning to request help on this for some time. I just didn't want to pony up the effort of getting papyrus logs and my load order.

So I just want to say thank you and if someone would tell me how to quite a whole post I would greatly appreciate it.

5 hours ago, Joshmel said:

I have been meaning to request help on this for some time. I just didn't want to pony up the effort of getting papyrus logs and my load order.

So I just want to say thank you and if someone would tell me how to quite a whole post I would greatly appreciate it.

Leave it there, if someone has the same issue they can read it and the response further down and hopefully it helps others and I don't have to repeat it (though this has come up before but search sucks just like every other forum out there).

Hi guys, i'm newbie to this mod and have several questions about it:

1. I got to stage 03 in property slave way and stucked, is it possible to check which progress i have, or skip it? Cause it took pretty much time without any visible change

2. Which is most optimized way to play this mod as sub, to see more interesting content in short time?

Thanks in advance :)

upd. actually found description of bad ending and decided that don't need it :), still need some advices in which way better to start playing.

Ok, so I picked up a set of the chastity rings because I find them more aesthetically appealing than the belts, as well as the lock bar with the shield and bell. Everything is working fine with them except for one minor hiccup...there's no textures for them (not for the rings or the shield/bell piece). At first I thought it was just a texture load issue, but the texture was never loading no matter what I did. So, I then decided to see if the textures existed - can't find anything - so I checked the .nif to see what textures it was linked to.  The directory where the textures are supposed to be doesn't even exist. I also went into the .7z for the "meshes and textures" to see if maybe it just failed to get installed properly.  Nope, it's not there either.

Anyone know where I can get the appropriate textures for this item?

On 9/5/2018 at 12:58 PM, Veladarius said:

I tryed it and it seems it was correct. Am I doing something wrong perhaps?

6 hours ago, Lady Victoria said:

I tryed it and it seems it was correct. Am I doing something wrong perhaps?

Use   Set  CDxSlavePropQ1Done to <x>   with x being 1 or 2 instead, this will use the original visit's dialogue and such though I am not sure why it won't pick up with the other values.

14 hours ago, Anni-kat said:

Hi guys, i'm newbie to this mod and have several questions about it:

1. I got to stage 03 in property slave way and stucked, is it possible to check which progress i have, or skip it? Cause it took pretty much time without any visible change

2. Which is most optimized way to play this mod as sub, to see more interesting content in short time?

Thanks in advance :)

upd. actually found description of bad ending and decided that don't need it :), still need some advices in which way better to start playing.

If you are not looking to be a slave (at least not straight off from the start) then do the various delivery related quests and raise your 'Rank' with Master as the major quests require a 12 or 15 to do them (you start at 10 and each successful job increases it by 0.5). The quests are then active but randomly given but your character level is a modifier to getting them (easier at higher level). Fail too much and she may make you a slave. 

8 hours ago, Shaddranat said:

Ok, so I picked up a set of the chastity rings because I find them more aesthetically appealing than the belts, as well as the lock bar with the shield and bell. Everything is working fine with them except for one minor hiccup...there's no textures for them (not for the rings or the shield/bell piece). At first I thought it was just a texture load issue, but the texture was never loading no matter what I did. So, I then decided to see if the textures existed - can't find anything - so I checked the .nif to see what textures it was linked to.  The directory where the textures are supposed to be doesn't even exist. I also went into the .7z for the "meshes and textures" to see if maybe it just failed to get installed properly.  Nope, it's not there either.

Anyone know where I can get the appropriate textures for this item?

They are from the Zaria's Restraints mod (think I spelled that right)

What set of textures are you using? If not the Original set then check that set to see if they are there. If not and you can't find the mod let me know what folder it was in and I will provide them.

They are from the Zaria's Restraints mod (think I spelled that right)

What set of textures are you using? If not the Original set then check that set to see if they are there. If not and you can't find the mod let me know what folder it was in and I will provide them.

Yeah, that's not a mod I have. I'll take a look a bit later and see if I can track it down. Later, though; my insomniatic ass is about to go to bed.

As for the texture set I have, I've got the one that was provided with your mod, "CD Part 2 Textures and Meshes" (as well as the ones for DDi/e/a) and that's pretty much it. The textures that the chastity rings and lock were looking for, however were:

Directory:  textures\Bronson\PureLust\

File Names: steel_golden1.dds; steel_golden3.dds, steel_grey1.dds, steel_n.dds (all of the different nifs for the rings and locks seem to float back and forth between those four textures.)

Thanks for the info ?

EDIT:  Found Zaria's mod (on the Nexus, which, admittedly was not where I was expecting it to be). Should be good to go now. Thanks again!

So I have been successfully promoted to Relationship slave and I have gotten my shiny new belt and collar.  There is only one problem.  The ring that is supposed to allow me to remove the belt does not work.   It looks like you can unequip it in the inventory but it does not come off the model, nor does it actually come off it just give me the standard menu prompt that all devious devices do.  Is there any way to resolve this?  I'm not certain I can go through the manor again.

4 hours ago, Arcticelf said:

So I have been successfully promoted to Relationship slave and I have gotten my shiny new belt and collar.  There is only one problem.  The ring that is supposed to allow me to remove the belt does not work.   It looks like you can unequip it in the inventory but it does not come off the model, nor does it actually come off it just give me the standard menu prompt that all devious devices do.  Is there any way to resolve this?  I'm not certain I can go through the manor again.

Putting on the ring should unequip the belt and the ring and you should not be doing anything with the belt in the inventory menu except to put it back on. The only thing I can think of is that you may have some script overload and it is affecting the removal script on the ring. The standard Protector devices use the same method of removal and pretty much the same scripts except for some keyword differences.

There have been changes to the belt scripts between v3 and v4 but that should not affect device removal as far as I know.

Well I took care of my last problem thanks to Veladarius. But now I’m having a problem with spasming  of the stomach portion of my npc. Like really bad. And it’s driving me crazy lol. I’m wearing the constricted leather corset. And I’m thinking maybe it’s a mesh issue or enb perhaps? The corset was something I got in console commands. Not in game.  And no matter what I do I can’t get it off ?  I would just like to know how I can fix this issue ? Because it’s so bad I can’t even play like this.  I never had an issue like this before with DD so I’m thinking there must be a conflict between this mod and DD. 

Also another issue is that a lot of the animations don’t play out. They just skip the entire scene? I know it’s probably a issue on my side. But I was just hoping someone would give me some ideas of why it’s happening?  

3 hours ago, Lady Victoria said:

Well I took care of my last problem thanks to Veladarius. But now I’m having a problem with spasming  of the stomach portion of my npc. Like really bad. And it’s driving me crazy lol. I’m wearing the constricted leather corset. And I’m thinking maybe it’s a mesh issue or enb perhaps? The corset was something I got in console commands. Not in game.  And no matter what I do I can’t get it off ?  I would just like to know how I can fix this issue ? Because it’s so bad I can’t even play like this.  I never had an issue like this before with DD so I’m thinking there must be a conflict between this mod and DD. 

Also another issue is that a lot of the animations don’t play out. They just skip the entire scene? I know it’s probably a issue on my side. But I was just hoping someone would give me some ideas of why it’s happening?  

Try turning off the belly control within DD as it may be fighting with other mods (should be off by default). I generally turn off DD's controls for the body (belly and breasts) and leave it to other mods to handle. If that does not stop it then it is likely an issue with hdt physics and that mesh set. If you used the ones I posted then rebuild them using the current DD bodyslide set (I use those currently).

Make sure that ZAP is installed, either v7 or v8 as it works with both (built using v7, have been using v8 for a while with no issues). I call on the animations directly myself so as long as they are installed and set up in FNIS then they should work.

6 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

Try turning off the belly control within DD as it may be fighting with other mods (should be off by default). I generally turn off DD's controls for the body (belly and breasts) and leave it to other mods to handle. If that does not stop it then it is likely an issue with hdt physics and that mesh set. If you used the ones I posted then rebuild them using the current DD bodyslide set (I use those currently).

Make sure that ZAP is installed, either v7 or v8 as it works with both (built using v7, have been using v8 for a while with no issues). I call on the animations directly myself so as long as they are installed and set up in FNIS then they should work.

Once again thank you for your advice. I will take a look tonight and try your suggestions  ?  I also have devious training installed as well. Is there a chance they are conflicting ?

8 hours ago, Lady Victoria said:

Once again thank you for your advice. I will take a look tonight and try your suggestions  ?  I also have devious training installed as well. Is there a chance they are conflicting ?

Problem solved. I uninstalled hdt physics  and reinstalled it making sure everything ran under hdt and it seemed to solve the issue. Thank you again!  Now here is another question. I’m sorry for being a pest ☹️ but how do I do gardening around the manor?  

8 hours ago, Lady Victoria said:

Problem solved. I uninstalled hdt physics  and reinstalled it making sure everything ran under hdt and it seemed to solve the issue. Thank you again!  Now here is another question. I’m sorry for being a pest ☹️ but how do I do gardening around the manor?  

Gardening is probably the easiest task there is but there are several phases to it:

1st time - talk to the female slave (I don't remember her name) who works outside, she can be a number of places but usually by the smelter. Tell her what you are looking to do and she will tell you to talk to the mine foreman to get some stone and have it placed by the VIP house.

2nd time - talk to the female slave again and tell her the stone is there and she will tell you she will go ahead and build the planters

After that you don't really have to do anything but you can plant some plants if you have something to plant. I wouldn't try to go looking for anything but you can get something if you get the trip to the general store task after that. I am looking to put in a timer so you have to spend at least a half hour on the task even if you just go and stand somewhere.

5 hours ago, Veladarius said:

Gardening is probably the easiest task there is but there are several phases to it:

1st time - talk to the female slave (I don't remember her name) who works outside, she can be a number of places but usually by the smelter. Tell her what you are looking to do and she will tell you to talk to the mine foreman to get some stone and have it placed by the VIP house.

2nd time - talk to the female slave again and tell her the stone is there and she will tell you she will go ahead and build the planters

After that you don't really have to do anything but you can plant some plants if you have something to plant. I wouldn't try to go looking for anything but you can get something if you get the trip to the general store task after that. I am looking to put in a timer so you have to spend at least a half hour on the task even if you just go and stand somewhere.

Thank you for this because I would of never figured this out on my own lol.

I have a little problem with Erani hope someone can help me. 

If I tell her to Follow me she just stays in the VIP house. When I teleport her with either console or MCM she also always walks back. I tried resetting the NPC slavery Framework with also didn't help. I've also tried to teleport her to my house to talk to her to set the Home marker but when I move her to her Home marker she just teleports back to the VIP house. Also when I walk back to the VIP house she always makes her First Forcegreet after you get her. 

2 hours ago, Prime66 said:

I have a little problem with Erani hope someone can help me. 

If I tell her to Follow me she just stays in the VIP house. When I teleport her with either console or MCM she also always walks back. I tried resetting the NPC slavery Framework with also didn't help. I've also tried to teleport her to my house to talk to her to set the Home marker but when I move her to her Home marker she just teleports back to the VIP house. Also when I walk back to the VIP house she always makes her First Forcegreet after you get her. 

Use the resets for her in the MCM menu, likely the quest that controls her AI when she is your slave is not running.