Devious Devices - Captured Dreams Shop v4.15 - files removed

10 hours ago, Veladarius said:

V4.15 has all of its custom devices stored in array's, it is much faster using them as I can have all the info needed to equip a device instantly instead of using DD's commands to look up the parts. If you have seen that then it should be running properly. If the MCM menu still won't come up even after doing everything and trying the mod I told you about then I am out of ideas other than the other mods I mentioned are overloading papyrus and not letting it initialize. Everyone who I have helped before was usually able to get it to start using the clean save, some resorted to Jaxonz mod which worked for them. I run about 240 mods and have no issues with any MCM menu's starting but I don't use the two mods I said were taking up resources, mainly for that reason (I have dumped a number of mods for being disruptive and could not be adjusted). I have 2 mods that I am using that update fairly often while playing but they have not been an issue as of yet (Milk Mod Economy and Be a Cow, Be a Cow updates constantly). Try disabling those mods and see if CD's menu will start then, that is the only thing I can suggest at this point.

i tried to uninstall DFW and a clean save but nothing changed

Hi Vel, hope you are well. Have been tinkering with new versions of Zaz (8.0) and the new DDX and DDI. What can I say- I somehow broke your mod :-). I went back on ZaZ to version 7 but for the life of me I cannot trigger any punishment scenes for failed deliveries: Master says- I am very disappointed -> punishment starting and then I am frozen and nothing happens. I have attached the papyrus log, and do see a few CDX framework errors among others. Also attached my mod load order in case I am doing something wrong. Any feedback would be very much appreciated- maybe its the fault of the new DDI version....

load order part 2.png

load order part 1.png

Papyrus.0.log

2 hours ago, pnutz78 said:

Hi Vel, hope you are well. Have been tinkering with new versions of Zaz (8.0) and the new DDX and DDI. What can I say- I somehow broke your mod :-). I went back on ZaZ to version 7 but for the life of me I cannot trigger any punishment scenes for failed deliveries: Master says- I am very disappointed -> punishment starting and then I am frozen and nothing happens. I have attached the papyrus log, and do see a few CDX framework errors among others. Also attached my mod load order in case I am doing something wrong. Any feedback would be very much appreciated- maybe its the fault of the new DDI version....

load order part 2.png

load order part 1.png

Papyrus.0.log

Did you update to DD v4 mid game? If so that breaks DD as there are major differences between them and are not compatible with each other. I ask because there are a lot of DD property errors in this.

CD errors I am seeing are for:

- missing ZAP animation on the belt properties

- Getting your location for the CD courier

- errors looking up the location of the Delivery Quest target (normal as it can return invalid locations and has to choose again)

- errors trying to look up info for the armbinder via DD generic commands (expected with v4 of DD since the armbinder keyword is no longer used to identify the device)

Also, if you did update DD mid game it would break the equip script so devices would have issues being equipped. I did not see any specific errors relating to the punishment quest other than possibly the equipping of the armbinder. Some people have had issues with the handover between the delivery and punishment quest, I don't know if I changed that on v4.15 or v4.16 to one of the different ways the Punishment quest can be started (there are about 6 of them).

41 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

Did you update to DD v4 mid game? If so that breaks DD as there are major differences between them and are not compatible with each other. I ask because there are a lot of DD property errors in this.

CD errors I am seeing are for:

- missing ZAP animation on the belt properties

- Getting your location for the CD courier

- errors looking up the location of the Delivery Quest target (normal as it can return invalid locations and has to choose again)

- errors trying to look up info for the armbinder via DD generic commands (expected with v4 of DD since the armbinder keyword is no longer used to identify the device)

Also, if you did update DD mid game it would break the equip script so devices would have issues being equipped. I did not see any specific errors relating to the punishment quest other than possibly the equipping of the armbinder. Some people have had issues with the handover between the delivery and punishment quest, I don't know if I changed that on v4.15 or v4.16 to one of the different ways the Punishment quest can be started (there are about 6 of them).

Thx for the quick response. It actually was a brand new game, I reinstalled CD, DDI, DDX, ZaZ and XP32 max skeleton (as I previously saw errors related to the combat animations) and the new version of Kimi's cursed loot. I did this in a couple of different permutations always with a new game and deleted all previous saves, meshes and FNIS assets. I wonder if this could have to do with the way the DD meshes were created- originally, I used "bodyslide" to create them for the old DD mods. Even though I regenerated them, I wonder if they somehow still use pre DDI 4.0 designations and that somehow interferes with CD and DDI correctly recognizing the extra devices put on me by the bandits........but at this point I am out of ideas on how to resolve this. Maybe I should wait for your next version and then delete every single mod and start from scratch.....Are there any other potential mod conflicts or issues with what you saw in my load order?

I don't see anything that would cause the issues. After you start a new game are you saving, quitting and reloading the game? DD uis set up so it doesn't fully initialize until the second time a game is loaded.

As for the punishment quest, use  sqv  cdxpunishmentset01   and see if the aliases have been filled or not. If they have been then use  startscene xx12ed7a  with xx being the load position of CD (hexadecimal value, help cdx and it will be the first 2 digits of anything that comes up). If the properties did not fill then the delivery quest dialogue did not properly complete and start the punishment quest (I have done all I can to prevent this).

39 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

I don't see anything that would cause the issues. After you start a new game are you saving, quitting and reloading the game? DD uis set up so it doesn't fully initialize until the second time a game is loaded.

As for the punishment quest, use  sqv  cdxpunishmentset01   and see if the aliases have been filled or not. If they have been then use  startscene xx12ed7a  with xx being the load position of CD (hexadecimal value, help cdx and it will be the first 2 digits of anything that comes up). If the properties did not fill then the delivery quest dialogue did not properly complete and start the punishment quest (I have done all I can to prevent this).

Thx Vel, will try this and let you know. One more observation: I think the problem actually starts much earlier when the bandits intercept me and start their dialogue. The initial part of the conversation is correct until I tell them that they will have to take the delivery from me. After the fight, there appears to be some part of the conversation missing when they used to say something like "so you won't follow us we are going to tie you up". In the past they usually applied an armbinder or a yoke which no longer happens. Also the other devices they apply take about 40 seconds to actually show on my char, much longer than before.....so I think the process actually breaks there and when I get back to the master with this incomplete script progression it leads to the observed issue with punishment scene not starting. Just a theory, unfortunately I can't prove it. Will probably at some point go ahead and start fresh when your next version for CD comes out.

6 minutes ago, pnutz78 said:

Thx Vel, will try this and let you know. One more observation: I think the problem actually starts much earlier when the bandits intercept me and start their dialogue. The initial part of the conversation is correct until I tell them that they will have to take the delivery from me. After the fight, there appears to be some part of the conversation missing when they used to say something like "so you won't follow us we are going to tie you up". In the past they usually applied an armbinder or a yoke which no longer happens. Also the other devices they apply take about 40 seconds to actually show on my char, much longer than before.....so I think the process actually breaks there and when I get back to the master with this incomplete script progression it leads to the observed issue with punishment scene not starting. Just a theory, unfortunately I can't prove it. Will probably at some point go ahead and start fresh when your next version for CD comes out.

The issue is v4 and the armbinder. If you didn't kill any of them it tries to use a standard armbinder (judging from the errors I am seeing from CD about the armbinder this is likely) and this error repeats a number of times and is likely the cause of the delay. This should not be connected to the issue with punishments not starting as one of my testers had this issue quite often, I am guessing that the change to how it starts was done in v4.16 which is currently in production. If the aliases were set then the above process of using the startscene should start the punishment as that is the scene that should be started by the dialogue.

10 hours ago, pnutz78 said:

load order part 2.png

load order part 1.png

Papyrus.0.log

if this load order is accurate (in the screenshots) you have some other issues as well that should be checked:

the unmanaged stuff (base skyrim game) are loading in the wrong order they should load (left pane of MO)

0 - Dawnguard

1 - Hearthfires

2 - Dragonbron

3 - Highrestexturepack01

4 - Highrestexturepack02

5 - Highrestexturepack03

no USLEEP ??? USLEEP is very useful in fixing a lot of the base game's bugs

you have SKSE scripts above everything else (including SKSE Plugins) ..check it positioning  (if they load first everything else overwrites them whether they should or not)

check the positioning of FNIS Sexy Move (not sure if it works right if it is above FNIS itself)

while those are not (probably) the cause of your issue with CD they can cause other issues and need to be checked to be sure that they do not cause other problems.

3 hours ago, valcon767 said:

if this load order is accurate (in the screenshots) you have some other issues as well that should be checked:

the unmanaged stuff (base skyrim game) are loading in the wrong order they should load (left pane of MO)

0 - Dawnguard

1 - Hearthfires

2 - Dragonbron

3 - Highrestexturepack01

4 - Highrestexturepack02

5 - Highrestexturepack03

no USLEEP ??? USLEEP is very useful in fixing a lot of the base game's bugs

you have SKSE scripts above everything else (including SKSE Plugins) ..check it positioning  (if they load first everything else overwrites them whether they should or not)

check the positioning of FNIS Sexy Move (not sure if it works right if it is above FNIS itself)

while those are not (probably) the cause of your issue with CD they can cause other issues and need to be checked to be sure that they do not cause other problems.

Hi Valcon, thx for these general tips- I had this load order forever and was always looking for some general commentary on it. One question though: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch (USLEEP) (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71316) seems to be for the legendary edition of skyrim only. Is this correct? Since I am running the regular version of Skyrim...

10 hours ago, Veladarius said:

Running sqv cdxpunishmentset01 before talking to the master after I failed the delivery did the trick- thank you very much :-)

2 hours ago, pnutz78 said:

Hi Valcon, thx for these general tips- I had this load order forever and was always looking for some general commentary on it. One question though: Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch (USLEEP) (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/71316) seems to be for the legendary edition of skyrim only. Is this correct? Since I am running the regular version of Skyrim...

Legendary Edition isn't the same as Special Edition.

Legendary Edition refers to having all DLCs for the 2011 release (or 'regular version') installed. That is Hearthfire, Dawnguard and Dragonborn, all of which you have installed, meaning you can install USLEEP.

17 minutes ago, Skullered said:

Legendary Edition isn't the same as Special Edition.

Legendary Edition refers to having all DLCs for the 2011 release (or 'regular version') installed. That is Hearthfire, Dawnguard and Dragonborn, all of which you have installed, meaning you can install USLEEP.

I still use the separate Unofficial Patches from 2014 with no issues.

Edit: 1/3 of my load order is pre November 2014 as that was the last time I reinstalled everything due to a HDD crash so those patches may be older than that. Another 1/3 is from 2015 and the rest 2016 and later.

On 1/10/2018 at 2:39 PM, crudo said:

Have two minor problems with CD and one larger one that I can't identify to a specific mod.  First for CD I ran into an issue after failing a delivery that the Master would not punish the PC.  The message came up that punishment was about to start and then nothing.  It was further complicated by the fact that the mod would not remove the collar and belt.  You could see it trying to as the both would disappear and the reappear with the sound associated wearing and removing an item.  I tried the debug in MCM to cancel the quest from an earlier save and while the quest cancelled the devices would not be removed, doing the same off then on again process.  I also had an issue with one of the soulgem plugs, both the Fighter version and Orgasmo, after a time they would not stop until removed.  It seemed to happen after a period of waiting or sleeping.

The larger issue where I can't identify the source is both the yoke and armbinder do not lock the players arms.  First noted when wearing the Yoke in CD's slavery start and later when the Master put an armbinder on my character.

All of this started after I updated to DDi and DDx 4.0.  The exception was the Master not punishing after the failed delivery.  The punishment for being unable to retrieve delivery works just fine.

Sorry for the wall of text, just wanted to be thorough.  Maybe others are having similar issues and know of solutions.

Thanks.

EDIT - I just learned that Sexlab Inflation Framework overwrites a script in DDi that interferes with the yoke and armbinder, possibly other things as well.  I went back NMM and reloaded DDi over SLIF to see if I can correct the problem.

I use SILF and just don't let it overwrite the DD script, both still work fine.

On 1/14/2018 at 9:01 AM, Veladarius said:

I use SILF and just don't let it overwrite the DD script, both still work fine.

That's what I did as well and all is working just fine.  So far!

In regards to my other problems with CD and the Master not removing items, that's on me.  I recently realized the CD is not DDi/x 4.0 friendly.  I was just installing lots of updated and new mods too quickly after a long session running older mods and didn't read the front page carefully enough.  Sorry about troubling you with that question.

Still, I did have the issue when I was using older DDi and x in regards to the Master not punishing my character after failing a delivery.

Anyway, thanks for replying.  I know there are too many variables to sort through every permutation of mods that work well together.

Hello, again.

No problems this time, just a question. I got a courier with an available quest message. I went and talked to Master about it and, when I would normally have accepted, the only option I had was "Um, maybe later."

I've already done the Thalmor trip, the Solitude trip and the Erani questline. I figured it was probably a VIP or maybe the Falkreath quest, but I can't seem to accept it. Is it possibly something that my current "dispossition" doesn't allow?

Currently, my character is submissive, has an excellent job success rate and relationship with Master and no money is owed. The expansion is also complete. Have I missed something that is preventing me from accepting the mission?

1 hour ago, Shaddranat said:

Hello, again.

No problems this time, just a question. I got a courier with an available quest message. I went and talked to Master about it and, when I would normally have accepted, the only option I had was "Um, maybe later."

I've already done the Thalmor trip, the Solitude trip and the Erani questline. I figured it was probably a VIP or maybe the Falkreath quest, but I can't seem to accept it. Is it possibly something that my current "dispossition" doesn't allow?

Currently, my character is submissive, has an excellent job success rate and relationship with Master and no money is owed. The expansion is also complete. Have I missed something that is preventing me from accepting the mission?

if it is the Falkreath "mission" your character may be to submissive for it to be accepted. you must have a 9 or higher Dom/Sub score to be able to do this one.

(if you look at the "ledger" by the door in the shop and it says you are submissive you Dom/Sub score is to low for this task)

to check you can use (in console) "help CDxPlayerDisposition" and if the score it returns is below 9 the Falkreath task cannot be done (until you raise you Dom/Sub level)

3 hours ago, valcon767 said:

if it is the Falkreath "mission" your character may be to submissive for it to be accepted. you must have a 9 or higher Dom/Sub score to be able to do this one.

(if you look at the "ledger" by the door in the shop and it says you are submissive you Dom/Sub score is to low for this task)

to check you can use (in console) "help CDxPlayerDisposition" and if the score it returns is below 9 the Falkreath task cannot be done (until you raise you Dom/Sub level)

Yeah, I was thinking that was going to be what it was. I know for a fact that my character is about as far in the sub direction that you can go, so there's no real surprise that there would be some stuff that would be locked to her. Thanks for the response.

34 minutes ago, Shaddranat said:

Yeah, I was thinking that was going to be what it was. I know for a fact that my character is about as far in the sub direction that you can go, so there's no real surprise that there would be some stuff that would be locked to her. Thanks for the response.

This is the text of the different letter quests:

Falkreath:

I have some business that I need handled in Falkreath and I think you are the right person to handle it for me. Time on this is limited so your immediate arrival is requested. If you can't make it the opportunity may present itself again later.

Embassy: (same for first and repeat visits)

I have a job for you that I think you may find enjoyable and it would be of great help to me as well. Time on this is limited so your immediate arrival is requested. If you can't make it the opportunity may present itself again later.

Solitude:

I have some delicate business that I need handled in Solitude and I think you are the right person to handle it for me. Timing on this is key so time is limited at this point.

Windhelm/Erani:

I have some delicate business that I need handled in Windhelm and I think you are the right person to handle it for me. Timing on this is key so time is limited at this point.

The Task Manager checks that you meet the criteria for the job before offering it (at least it should be) but these offers are only good for a few days from the time they were sent. If you were moving around a lot or out in the wilderness for a while it may take too long for the messenger to find you and may have expired before she got to you or just before you made it there. It will be offered again sometime soon.

28 minutes ago, Punga said:

Update eta? 

Slow going but it is advancing. I nearly have the Special Delivery quest done, the ending is somewhat complex as there are like 5 end results for both Manor Slave and as a standard job so the final part is a bit complicated (that and I have not finished Manor Slave's end of day).

German translation is coming along well as is the installer (thank you CGi for those) and we will have versions for both v3 and v4 of DD. The 'Special Project' is being moved up and work will start on it once v4.16 is complete and being prepared for release. Don't ask what the project is, all who know have been sworn to secrecy under threat of torture and death.

7 hours ago, Veladarius said:

This is the text of the different letter quests:

Falkreath:

I have some business that I need handled in Falkreath and I think you are the right person to handle it for me. Time on this is limited so your immediate arrival is requested. If you can't make it the opportunity may present itself again later.

Embassy: (same for first and repeat visits)

I have a job for you that I think you may find enjoyable and it would be of great help to me as well. Time on this is limited so your immediate arrival is requested. If you can't make it the opportunity may present itself again later.

Solitude:

I have some delicate business that I need handled in Solitude and I think you are the right person to handle it for me. Timing on this is key so time is limited at this point.

Windhelm/Erani:

I have some delicate business that I need handled in Windhelm and I think you are the right person to handle it for me. Timing on this is key so time is limited at this point.

The Task Manager checks that you meet the criteria for the job before offering it (at least it should be) but these offers are only good for a few days from the time they were sent. If you were moving around a lot or out in the wilderness for a while it may take too long for the messenger to find you and may have expired before she got to you or just before you made it there. It will be offered again sometime soon.

Hmm...based on that info, it was for a return to the embassy. Ironically, I was at the shop planning to pick up a delivery/retrieval mission and caught the courier in the shop so I don't know about time. *shrug* Or maybe it just bugged when I greeted the courier instead of her greeting me. Oh well, either way it's no big deal.  Thanks for the response.

it may have bugged, but i have gotten the letter to go to the embassy after getting back from there. the only reason i got it when i got back is i showed up at the shop and took the quest, before the courier was sent out . as others have said, for the falkreath quest if your disposition is under 9 or 10 you wont get the letter for it. it is IMO the easiest and least time consuming of the 4, where solitude, IMO, is the longest of the 4, since it takes 3 in game days where you have to wait for long scenes to play out. Vel might know the length of time for the scenes in both the solitude and the embassy quests.

1 hour ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

it may have bugged, but i have gotten the letter to go to the embassy after getting back from there. the only reason i got it when i got back is i showed up at the shop and took the quest, before the courier was sent out . as others have said, for the falkreath quest if your disposition is under 9 or 10 you wont get the letter for it. it is IMO the easiest and least time consuming of the 4, where solitude, IMO, is the longest of the 4, since it takes 3 in game days where you have to wait for long scenes to play out. Vel might know the length of time for the scenes in both the solitude and the embassy quests.

Falkreath is a matter of a few hours

Solitude can be 3 - 7 days depending on how long it takes you to figure out Elisif's wants.

Embassy quest is 4 days (3 nights) for first run and generally takes a little over an hour to play through. Otherwise it is 2 days for the repeat visits (one night stay)

Windhelm is generally done within a day for the first part then the second part is several days later.

2 hours ago, Shaddranat said:

Hmm...based on that info, it was for a return to the embassy. Ironically, I was at the shop planning to pick up a delivery/retrieval mission and caught the courier in the shop so I don't know about time. *shrug* Or maybe it just bugged when I greeted the courier instead of her greeting me. Oh well, either way it's no big deal.  Thanks for the response.

It depends on where you were the previous 2 days. She does not appear until you enter a location that has keywords showing it to be a habitable area (town, village, homestead or other place where people live) so if you were in the wilderness when it triggered she would not have shown up. Generally she uses the same algorithm the normal courier uses to determine where to appear.