Devious Devices - Captured Dreams Shop v4.15 - files removed

4 hours ago, shaddranat said:

Yes, I did complete the expansion early (unintentionally with a misclick). No other mods that modify the area at all.

As for the errors, yeah, I noticed that too. I saw a lot of them coming from the PlayerSuccubusQuest mod (which I'm not even using, so I plan to get rid of it) and a few from Skooma Whore (which I'd like to keep, but...well, if it's broken, it's broken). Also, if I remember correctly, DD4 doesn't let you change the effect type on the blindfold anymore, otherwise I'd do that and hopefully clean some of those errors up. Not sure what to do about SD though...that's another mods that has been giving me trouble (nothing game-breaking though).

Honestly, I think I'm just going to have to call this game a wash (AGAIN!) and restart with a few of the offending mods removed (such as PSQ). Anywho, thanks for the help.1

SD and DD are fighting over FNIS, not sure why it is happening but all I know is it involves DD's bound combat so it is likely animation conflicts between the two.

If DD dropped the different blindfold effects it is pretty stupid, there was no reason to do that. Of course there was no reason to do everything else they did with the escape options. Seems as if they didn't just drop the ball when it came to making decisions on DDv4 they tried slamming it to the core of the planet.

9 hours ago, shaddranat said:

Also, if I remember correctly, DD4 doesn't let you change the effect type on the blindfold anymore, otherwise I'd do that and hopefully clean some of those errors up.

4 hours ago, Veladarius said:

If DD dropped the different blindfold effects it is pretty stupid, there was no reason to do that. Of course there was no reason to do everything else they did with the escape options. Seems as if they didn't just drop the ball when it came to making decisions on DDv4 they tried slamming it to the core of the planet.

I'm not sure where this idea that the blindfold option is removed came from, I took this screenshot just now from DD4, and it clearly shows blindfold settings still there. On the first page of the menu even.

Capture.JPG.dcaa3d2189cdb01c8006170ba002540a.JPG

What they did do in DD4, if I recall correctly, is change what the default setting for blindfolds is though.

If the blindfold setting is missing in your game, I think that would be an indicator of something else wrong that should be looked at.

13 hours ago, shaddranat said:

I'm having a bit of...difficulty with this mod. (honestly, this one has fought me from day 1 - likely something on my end because plenty others seem to have no problems with it.)

I've started a new game, everything was working well. I had a build-up of devices in my inventory (and due to another mod that makes me occasionally decided to try some of them on) I decided to stop by Master's shop and sell them.

1. Port to Falkreath - no problem.

2. Run north - no problem.

3. Mill and shop show up on compass - still no problem.

4. Get anywhere even close to the shop (as in where it would become visible) and *poof* CTD.

I quick-saved on the road a little way from the mill, ran a save-clean then loaded in again.  Run toward the shop and am, again, deposited on my desktop. (this process repeated - with much use of profanity - a number of times with no variation; I get close to the shop, I CTD.  I coc myself to HalfmoonMillExterior. Same thing.)

All the devices seem to be showing up and working as intended (damned traps >_>) but I just can't seem to get to the shop proper. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated in this.

Papyrus.0.log

a load order would be helpful for seeing if you have any conflicting mods running. hmmm quick question do you have any vampire replacers running??

12 hours ago, shaddranat said:

Yes, I did complete the expansion early (unintentionally with a misclick). No other mods that modify the area at all.

Since the log didn't contain any device equip data for the exterior slaves (unless you have DD logging turned off) then the area was never loaded long enough for anything to happen.

12 hours ago, Veladarius said:

SD and DD are fighting over FNIS, not sure why it is happening but all I know is it involves DD's bound combat so it is likely animation conflicts between the two.

No idea why they are fighting in the logs, the Bound Combat worked fine in that game.

7 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

I'm not sure where this idea that the blindfold option is removed came from, I took this screenshot just now from DD4, and it clearly shows blindfold settings still there. On the first page of the menu even.

Capture.JPG.dcaa3d2189cdb01c8006170ba002540a.JPG

What they did do in DD4, if I recall correctly, is change what the default setting for blindfolds is though.

If the blindfold setting is missing in your game, I think that would be an indicator of something else wrong that should be looked at.

Yeah, I must have been thinking of something else, because I distinctly remember that there were some definite differences in the MCM menu from ddv3.x to ddv4. Shortly after writing the post, I loaded in and checked and saw that it was there. Kinda made me feel like a dumbass, too.

4 hours ago, valcon767 said:

a load order would be helpful for seeing if you have any conflicting mods running. hmmm quick question do you have any vampire replacers running??

Can't give a load order, unfortunately. I've already scratched the game and removed about 12 mods that were just sitting there doing notihing. I CAN, however, say that the load order I was using was set by LOOT, so there shouldn't have been much of an issue there. Also, no, I did not have any vampire replacers running.

4 hours ago, Veladarius said:

Since the log didn't contain any device equip data for the exterior slaves (unless you have DD logging turned off) then the area was never loaded long enough for anything to happen.

Again, I have no idea, but I DO know that DD logging is turned on, so there should have been something had it started to load anything.  The crash must have occured before any of them loaded like you were saying.

What I CAN say is that, in the new game I have started, I can get to the shop without any CTDs...but, the log is still a little disturbing.

Papyrus.0.log 

On 1/7/2018 at 3:56 PM, Shaddranat said:

Can't give a load order, unfortunately. I've already scratched the game and removed about 12 mods that were just sitting there doing notihing. I CAN, however, say that the load order I was using was set by LOOT, so there shouldn't have been much of an issue there. Also, no, I did not have any vampire replacers running.

Again, I have no idea, but I DO know that DD logging is turned on, so there should have been something had it started to load anything.  The crash must have occured before any of them loaded like you were saying.

What I CAN say is that, in the new game I have started, I can get to the shop without any CTDs...but, the log is still a little disturbing.

Papyrus.0.log 

1 - I tried LOOT a few times, messed up some of my load order so I went back to managing it myself with Wrye Bash. Many of my mods don't change so adding new ones isn't difficult to figure out where to place them. Won't ever use LOOT again.

2 - Few things in the log:

- Property Errors like this are from mods not updated to v4 and are due to the animation property removal and change when ZAP was removed:

[01/07/2018 - 03:19:11PM] warning: Property ZazAPCAO104 on script CDxMastersBelt attached to Item 2 in container  (4B0A992D) cannot be initialized because the script no longer contains that property

Not much can be done about this until all the mods are updated.

- There are a number of missing file errors, possibly script files. Some have ID numbers (look at the first 2 digits of the ID in the error to see what mod it is) so you can check them.

- This is due to an issue with an MCM menu

[01/07/2018 - 03:19:43PM] Error: Cannot call OnGameReload() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [alias PlayerAlias on quest TUFPMenuControl (100302B5)].SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias.OnPlayerLoadGame() - "SKI_PlayerLoadGameAlias.psc" Line 6

- This shows that Consoleutil is not installed, some mods have made it a requirement

[01/07/2018 - 03:19:44PM] Cannot open store for class "consoleutil", missing file?

- There are a few DD errors still, none like before though. The Device Hider script is one of the scripts showing errors.

Hey Vel,

I've noticed one small issue, during confiscation, if I have rubber latex socks (and no other DD footwear), they don't get equipped on me.  The new latex gloves and catsuit do though.

Also, I've been seeing issues with confiscation:

1. Confiscation is turned off when CD starts with a new game.  Is there an "in game" way to enable the quest, like there is with the free trial (by asking Master about the ad), or do I have to enable it in the MCM if I want it to happen at all?
  2. Confiscation always happens the first time I talk to Master (if I ask to buy stuff).  I suspect this is because all the PC attributes have not been properly set yet (the ledger shows crazy values like Master hates me until I first talk to her), and possibly because I am manually enabling the quest in MCM whenever I first create a new character, but I'm not completely sure.
  3. I've been having troubles getting confiscation to fire off again after the first time.  I tried using the potion and essence of submission to make my char a sub, but I'm not sure if the potions work fully or not.  How can I check if confiscation is stuck/broken?

Finally, a suggestion if you go back and add features.  I would like to see the free trial expanded to include the new CD stuff like the latex suits/gloves/socks.  Perhaps even if you go back for more trials you get different items as well.

Thanks for this great mod!

5 hours ago, cetuximab said:

Hey Vel,

I've noticed one small issue, during confiscation, if I have rubber latex socks (and no other DD footwear), they don't get equipped on me.  The new latex gloves and catsuit do though.

I would have to check the keywords on them, they may not be getting picked up properly

Also, I've been seeing issues with confiscation:

1. Confiscation is turned off when CD starts with a new game.  Is there an "in game" way to enable the quest, like there is with the free trial (by asking Master about the ad), or do I have to enable it in the MCM if I want it to happen at all?

No, the only reason the Free Trial works with the ad is you have to ask for it but after it is done it does not enable the Free Trial to happen again (or at least it shouldn't).

1. Confiscation always happens the first time I talk to Master (if I ask to buy stuff).  I suspect this is because all the PC attributes have not been properly set yet (the ledger shows crazy values like Master hates me until I first talk to her), and possibly because I am manually enabling the quest in MCM whenever I first create a new character, but I'm not completely sure.

When you first speak to her it sets everything up at that point. The Task Manager (which controls the availability of quests and when to trigger things like Confiscation) are set so they should not be counting down before that point but looking at the script some timers are allowed to run early. I would suggest not enabling it until after you speak to Master the first time.

1. I've been having troubles getting confiscation to fire off again after the first time.  I tried using the potion and essence of submission to make my char a sub, but I'm not sure if the potions work fully or not.  How can I check if confiscation is stuck/broken?

Check the following:

sqv cdxtaskmanager     see what Timer_Conf or any other values starting with Timer_ and see if they go down the next day (6 am is the time it runs). If it didn't then the timer stopped and can be restarted in the MCM menu. It has a 1-2 day timer and if it is at 0 it checks to see if it should run, if not then it resets the timer.

sqv cdxconfiscation       see what the Check_TimerGo value is, a 1 means it is a go next time you go to buy/sell, 0 is a no go.

Finally, a suggestion if you go back and add features.  I would like to see the free trial expanded to include the new CD stuff like the latex suits/gloves/socks.  Perhaps even if you go back for more trials you get different items as well.

Free Trial will likely be rebuilt at some point to include new items, possibly different 'levels' and as you do it the next time it increases in level with different devices or variations.

Yup...It's me again.

This time, I seem to be getting hung up at the beginning of the Elisif quest. I got the quest from Master, went straight to Solitude and talked to Elisif. In game, it's around 7pm. I tell her I've got something to show her, yadda yadda, she says go back to her room and we'll talk there.  I get to her room, show her the letter and she asks me to set the items on the table (yes, I have the items on me)...and then I lose control of my character who then decided to walk out. And it's not just the room, but the palace and, if I had let it go long enough, probably the city as well. She just keeps walking. No idea where she is going.

I've been pouring over this thread for almost two hours now trying to find something so I wouldn't have to post about this, and while I've found a number of things that have cropped up for this quest, they have all been AFTER the part I can't seem to get past.

-----------------

Ok, what I've found so far: 

CDxExpQuest03 -> stage 75 -> Elisif standing in her room waiting for me

CDxExpQuest03 -> stage 100 -> Me losing control of my character and walking TF outta Dodge...er...Solitude.

There didn't appear to be anything in between these two stages (that I found) so I'm lost.

1 hour ago, Shaddranat said:

Yup...It's me again.

i doubt it is the same problem i had (my PC walked all the way out of Solitude and then gave me control back), but mine was a minor mod conflict.

i had to progress a different mod's quest that involved Elisif (the mod that lets you take Elisif as a companion/follower).  in my case i had to talk to a 

guard (a Solitude guard outside the city) and progress the other mod's Elisif quest so that CD worked again.

I don't know why but there is no mcm menu for this mod as well as that, i cant start any kind of quest because when i talk to master when i go to talk to her she says her 2 welcoming sentences then dialogue ends and she just hums can any1 tell why this is.

P.s. Im new to modding so plz keep it simple

Thnx

3 hours ago, Shaddranat said:

Yup...It's me again.

This time, I seem to be getting hung up at the beginning of the Elisif quest. I got the quest from Master, went straight to Solitude and talked to Elisif. In game, it's around 7pm. I tell her I've got something to show her, yadda yadda, she says go back to her room and we'll talk there.  I get to her room, show her the letter and she asks me to set the items on the table (yes, I have the items on me)...and then I lose control of my character who then decided to walk out. And it's not just the room, but the palace and, if I had let it go long enough, probably the city as well. She just keeps walking. No idea where she is going.

I've been pouring over this thread for almost two hours now trying to find something so I wouldn't have to post about this, and while I've found a number of things that have cropped up for this quest, they have all been AFTER the part I can't seem to get past.

-----------------

Ok, what I've found so far: 

CDxExpQuest03 -> stage 75 -> Elisif standing in her room waiting for me

CDxExpQuest03 -> stage 100 -> Me losing control of my character and walking TF outta Dodge...er...Solitude.

There didn't appear to be anything in between these two stages (that I found) so I'm lost.

There is a force greet that did not end properly and is still active and is trying to finish (Skyrim gives those priority). What was the last quest that you did in CD? I can likely give you a few scene ID's to check to see if they are playing and if found we can end it and you can continue with Elisif.

Generally this happens because the dialogue did not register as completed by the scene and will restart it to complete it. Why it tries to restart it is that I have scenes set to pause if interrupted so if another mod's animation event goes off the scene can continue when it is done and not just end. Why it doesn't end can be a number of things but there is one particular instance that has plagued players for some time and that is the move to the barracks in Property Slave. There is a scene that happens in the Barracks (which lets me transfer your belongings there) and then the scene ends and you are moved to the Smithy and for many people the barracks dialogue starts again and that dialogue and De'Zra's dialogue just loop. I found that at the end of the scene in the barracks if the player still has dialogue options showing on the screen (is considered not said thus unfinished) then it will loop, if it is not there then it will work as normal. I tested this numerous times and the results were the same every time. This is one reason for it to go into a loop while the other is that the dialogue is cut short either by trying to push through it or something else interrupts it. Many of these problem spots have 'endscene' commands for the scenes that repeat but they don't seem to be effective in the quest scripts but do work in the console.

43 minutes ago, LabelDegree said:

I don't know why but there is no mcm menu for this mod as well as that, i cant start any kind of quest because when i talk to master when i go to talk to her she says her 2 welcoming sentences then dialogue ends and she just hums can any1 tell why this is.

P.s. Im new to modding so plz keep it simple

Thnx

1 - Check that the MCM menu's for ZAZ Animation Pack, Devious Devices and Sexlab are all working, if not do the steps in #2 with those as well as Captured Dreams (CD)

2 - Do a clean save. Move to Falkreath (preferably within a building) and save the game. Disable CD (and any other mods not working), load the game, save it and exit. Enable the mods you disabled then load the game and let them initialize again. Hopefully the MCM will start up.

3 - if #2 didn't work then get a mod from the nexus called Jaxonz MCM Kicker, it should start any MCM menus not running. Once you use it disable it or it will go through your MCM menu's every time you load the game.

4 - if that did not work then give me a papyrus log (upload the log file here, don't copy and paste the contents of it here as I will just ask you for the log itself) of starting up the game and let it run a few minutes to let things settle so I can see what is happening. How to enable log and where it is at.

1 hour ago, Veladarius said:

1 - Check that the MCM menu's for ZAZ Animation Pack, Devious Devices and Sexlab are all working, if not do the steps in #2 with those as well as Captured Dreams (CD)

2 - Do a clean save. Move to Falkreath (preferably within a building) and save the game. Disable CD (and any other mods not working), load the game, save it and exit. Enable the mods you disabled then load the game and let them initialize again. Hopefully the MCM will start up.

3 - if #2 didn't work then get a mod from the nexus called Jaxonz MCM Kicker, it should start any MCM menus not running. Once you use it disable it or it will go through your MCM menu's every time you load the game.

4 - if that did not work then give me a papyrus log (upload the log file here, don't copy and paste the contents of it here as I will just ask you for the log itself) of starting up the game and let it run a few minutes to let things settle so I can see what is happening. How to enable log and where it is at.

here you go

Papyrus Logs.rar

6 minutes ago, LabelDegree said:

3here you go

Papyrus Logs.rar

Looking at Log 2, mods with script prefixes of CRDE (load position of 6D) has some errors in monitoring the player. Mod with script prefix of DFW (Devious Framework? Not sure and there are no ID's with the entries) is making multiple scans every second and monitoring every item equipped and unequipped which uses quite a bit of resources. Even Creature Framework is getting drowned out in this.

Also looks like CD is not enabled as there are a lot of missing property errors for it as well as some other mods. All of the logs have missing property errors for CD so if it was enabled during one of these logs there was a definite issue. Was this a new game or was DD updated from an older version such a v3 as v4 should not have these issues?

36 minutes ago, LabelDegree said:

This was a new game yes and i have no idea about DD. Could you link me to the latest version of DD? just so i can make sure.

Also, the items and the shop and stuff like is there its just that the masters dialogue is broken 

Latest version should have the links in DD Assets, Integration and Expansion. I have downloaded them but not installed them and links should be on their pages (only version they have currently). I don't think your installation of DD is bad though, no errors from it just the other mods I pointed out causing some difficulties in hogging resources.

I suggest doing a clean save with CD uninstalled, use a save cleaner to clean out the CD related things and reinstall. Only Part 1 and any optional esp's from part 5 needs uninstalled as it has the esp and scripts, everything else can stay and will not have any impact on the save game. If the MCM menu does not come up try the Jaxonz MCM Kicker mod from the nexus, I have used it and it works just don't keep it active after you used it, only activate it when you need it.

39 minutes ago, Veladarius said:

Latest version should have the links in DD Assets, Integration and Expansion. I have downloaded them but not installed them and links should be on their pages (only version they have currently). I don't think your installation of DD is bad though, no errors from it just the other mods I pointed out causing some difficulties in hogging resources.

I suggest doing a clean save with CD uninstalled, use a save cleaner to clean out the CD related things and reinstall. Only Part 1 and any optional esp's from part 5 needs uninstalled as it has the esp and scripts, everything else can stay and will not have any impact on the save game. If the MCM menu does not come up try the Jaxonz MCM Kicker mod from the nexus, I have used it and it works just don't keep it active after you used it, only activate it when you need it.

Tried both but the only difference was that it showed something about cd device arrays being ready (whatever that means)

1 hour ago, LabelDegree said:

Tried both but the only difference was that it showed something about cd device arrays being ready (whatever that means)

V4.15 has all of its custom devices stored in array's, it is much faster using them as I can have all the info needed to equip a device instantly instead of using DD's commands to look up the parts. If you have seen that then it should be running properly. If the MCM menu still won't come up even after doing everything and trying the mod I told you about then I am out of ideas other than the other mods I mentioned are overloading papyrus and not letting it initialize. Everyone who I have helped before was usually able to get it to start using the clean save, some resorted to Jaxonz mod which worked for them. I run about 240 mods and have no issues with any MCM menu's starting but I don't use the two mods I said were taking up resources, mainly for that reason (I have dumped a number of mods for being disruptive and could not be adjusted). I have 2 mods that I am using that update fairly often while playing but they have not been an issue as of yet (Milk Mod Economy and Be a Cow, Be a Cow updates constantly). Try disabling those mods and see if CD's menu will start then, that is the only thing I can suggest at this point.

Have two minor problems with CD and one larger one that I can't identify to a specific mod.  First for CD I ran into an issue after failing a delivery that the Master would not punish the PC.  The message came up that punishment was about to start and then nothing.  It was further complicated by the fact that the mod would not remove the collar and belt.  You could see it trying to as the both would disappear and the reappear with the sound associated wearing and removing an item.  I tried the debug in MCM to cancel the quest from an earlier save and while the quest cancelled the devices would not be removed, doing the same off then on again process.  I also had an issue with one of the soulgem plugs, both the Fighter version and Orgasmo, after a time they would not stop until removed.  It seemed to happen after a period of waiting or sleeping.

The larger issue where I can't identify the source is both the yoke and armbinder do not lock the players arms.  First noted when wearing the Yoke in CD's slavery start and later when the Master put an armbinder on my character.

All of this started after I updated to DDi and DDx 4.0.  The exception was the Master not punishing after the failed delivery.  The punishment for being unable to retrieve delivery works just fine.

Sorry for the wall of text, just wanted to be thorough.  Maybe others are having similar issues and know of solutions.

Thanks.

EDIT - I just learned that Sexlab Inflation Framework overwrites a script in DDi that interferes with the yoke and armbinder, possibly other things as well.  I went back NMM and reloaded DDi over SLIF to see if I can correct the problem.

8 hours ago, Veladarius said:

There is a force greet that did not end properly and is still active and is trying to finish (Skyrim gives those priority). What was the last quest that you did in CD? I can likely give you a few scene ID's to check to see if they are playing and if found we can end it and you can continue with Elisif.

Generally this happens because the dialogue did not register as completed by the scene and will restart it to complete it. Why it tries to restart it is that I have scenes set to pause if interrupted so if another mod's animation event goes off the scene can continue when it is done and not just end. Why it doesn't end can be a number of things but there is one particular instance that has plagued players for some time and that is the move to the barracks in Property Slave. There is a scene that happens in the Barracks (which lets me transfer your belongings there) and then the scene ends and you are moved to the Smithy and for many people the barracks dialogue starts again and that dialogue and De'Zra's dialogue just loop. I found that at the end of the scene in the barracks if the player still has dialogue options showing on the screen (is considered not said thus unfinished) then it will loop, if it is not there then it will work as normal. I tested this numerous times and the results were the same every time. This is one reason for it to go into a loop while the other is that the dialogue is cut short either by trying to push through it or something else interrupts it. Many of these problem spots have 'endscene' commands for the scenes that repeat but they don't seem to be effective in the quest scripts but do work in the console.

The last one I did before getting the mission for Elisif was a normal delivery. Before that was a retrieval.  If those don't count, then it was the Sub session in the VIP house. All of those seemed to work fine thought.  *shrug*

10 hours ago, valcon767 said:

i doubt it is the same problem i had (my PC walked all the way out of Solitude and then gave me control back), but mine was a minor mod conflict.

i had to progress a different mod's quest that involved Elisif (the mod that lets you take Elisif as a companion/follower).  in my case i had to talk to a 

guard (a Solitude guard outside the city) and progress the other mod's Elisif quest so that CD worked again.

Alas, I don't have any mods that effect Elisif at all...excepting, of course, for Captured Dreams and the very quest I'm trying to do, lol.

51 minutes ago, Shaddranat said:

The last one I did before getting the mission for Elisif was a normal delivery. Before that was a retrieval.  If those don't count, then it was the Sub session in the VIP house. All of those seemed to work fine thought.  *shrug*

Alas, I don't have any mods that effect Elisif at all...excepting, of course, for Captured Dreams and the very quest I'm trying to do, lol.

Do you have a save from just after the session in the vip house? If so, load it and disable your controls? If so load it and disable your controls and see if you start moving on your own.

1 hour ago, Veladarius said:

Do you have a save from just after the session in the vip house? If so, load it and disable your controls? If so load it and disable your controls and see if you start moving on your own.

Ok, THAT was weird. I didn't have the save from after the VIP, but I did have one from before I talked to elisif, so I loaded that, went back to the VIP house and disabled player controls. Lo and behold I started walking... Right out of the VIP house and into the shop. I went and stood oh on the rug in the back and master started devicing me up. Then POOF... We're at the thalmor embassy, only master is there this time and a different sequence is playing. This is almost getting funny now.....

Oh! I also don't seem to have a quest for this second thalmor trip. No idea what's wrong this time

32 minutes ago, Shaddranat said:

Ok, THAT was weird. I didn't have the save from after the VIP, but I did have one from before I talked to elisif, so I loaded that, went back to the VIP house and disabled player controls. Lo and behold I started walking... Right out of the VIP house and into the shop. I went and stood oh on the rug in the back and master started devicing me up. Then POOF... We're at the thalmor embassy, only master is there this time and a different sequence is playing. This is almost getting funny now.....

Oh! I also don't seem to have a quest for this second thalmor trip. No idea what's wrong this time

The startup for the Embassy trip likely didn't finish out properly and the quest didn't start from the point that the initial quest objectives were set. Was the first trip done voluntarily or as a punishment?

2 hours ago, Veladarius said:

The startup for the Embassy trip likely didn't finish out properly and the quest didn't start from the point that the initial quest objectives were set. Was the first trip done voluntarily or as a punishment?

Voluntarily. I got a courier with a request, I showed up, she asked me to go and I did.