ferious Posted January 21, 2015 Posted January 21, 2015 Hey there, LOVE your work. I do have a question though, I tried downloading the high-def vids from the links, but they dont download. The megasync page goes through its little download animation, but then when it finishes, and pops a thing on chrome, it just sports and error and says there's no file : / Do i need a megasync account or something?
dryuya Posted January 21, 2015 Author Posted January 21, 2015 Hey there, LOVE your work. I do have a question though, I tried downloading the high-def vids from the links, but they dont download. The megasync page goes through its little download animation, but then when it finishes, and pops a thing on chrome, it just sports and error and says there's no file : / Do i need a megasync account or something? Literally the first time I've heard of this issue...and Mega had been working so smoothly until now I'm not sure and get off iphone and to my PC will check links again. Edit: did it real quick...continues to work as it always has...so not sure
Av093 Posted February 1, 2015 Posted February 1, 2015 I'll get Milnas profile out tonight. And yes series is still on a prolonged hiatus for now. There's the computer issues but also just had another kid and the oil business is tanking right now...so I'm in stress mode and job hunting...there's just no time for movie making for the next few months. I'd check out the black flag/legacy stuff for the time being to get any kind of a fix. So I guess that didn't happen.
dryuya Posted April 7, 2015 Author Posted April 7, 2015 I'm filming stuff again...that's all I can really promise at this point. Thinking about the two unfinished storylines out there makes me realize I probably need to follow through at least once no matter how hard it is to keep doing this. So no still not giving this up but yes still on a hiatus due to life events and computer issues. Honestly though I got to thinking today...I really do need to wrap up both "Potema Chronicles" storylines even if the endings are forced and not what I really intended originally. Better than leaving them hanging out there. But the problem I have now when I want to jump back in is the modding community moves to fast for me to keep up with. I spend who knows how long deciding body meshes and textures and looks for characters in ECE then come to find out its Racemenu that has the really awesome features. I spend who knows how long filming a sex scene with all the aspects nearly perfect then find out I can now use HDT Vaginas. I use a certain ENB because getting a good response for the question "what's the best looking ENB?" Doesn't happen without the responders attaching "performance friendly" to the response, at least for a few months until I finally learn about K-ENB...and by then I've already filmed many episodes in the inferior ENB ...it's not as interesting or fun to me anymore that there's 1000 different body meshes, animations, or mods in general out there that somehow make all the work done before only 80% as good as it could have been or make it downright laughable or obsolete. I marveled at the community before but now I'm starting to find it frustrating and chaotic. Probably because I'm making machinima and not playing like everyone else but also I think it really IS just frustrating and chaotic. It will surely settle down when the next game comes along with a strong mod community (maybe GTA V?) but also at that point nobodies going to care anymore...so making machinima will become pointless. I dunno it's just frustrating and time consuming with little to no reward Right now I'm filming some other stuff (really just one standalone film this time....truly)...but once again it's all new stuff because I literally couldn't keep up with mods enough to continue with existing characters. I'll get back to both series somehow but it'll take time to figure out how I can do that and to fill in the time I'll run some films with my new setup.
Swiftstep Posted April 7, 2015 Posted April 7, 2015 Maybe you should consider that people still refer to the kamasutra even though there are more scientific approaches, more detailled drawings and more elaborated story-books all circling around the subject of making love. Meaning in short: you shouldn't focus on the quality of the tools you use, or the possibilities you could have used. The quality of your work is in the story and the implementation in the Skyrim world we all like. And that is of such a special quality that people will focus on those aspects - even if here and there people might do something different. What you describe is typical for someone with a creative personallity - how could I get the perfect result. Don't let it hinder yourself.
dryuya Posted April 7, 2015 Author Posted April 7, 2015 I do get what your saying from the perspective of normal...and perhaps even many abnormal forms of art. But considering this in a different way (a way that was mostly my fault to begin I admit) this is a movie series that ideally I wanted to pre-build my Skyrim world around so that it'd be tailor made for the movie. It was supposed to theoretically look about the same for years. With Skyrim modding being like it is though all that amounts to is poor planning. True that (i think) it looked good when I first made the episodes but what about one or two years later when people have released many mods almost built for making Skyrim Machinima that make old stuff look terrible by comparison. Many mods that...like it or not...may force me to rebuild my whole Skyrim setup. Even MO only helps halfway. Like the before mentioned ENBs, new physics and character creation tools... Even though I can use MO to get these new things in my game now what sense will some if them make by changing in a world I've already drawn out? Consider how I used Project ENB in its infancy in "Red Thief" and didn't utilize ECE (or at least not the functions it probably has now...which again I feel Racemenu is making obsolete). Mindu also had the ADEC body...and if you don't think ADEC hasn't been beaten into the ground by other body mods or body slide tools in every way possible since then you haven't been paying attention to the mods that are out there now. If I'd kept the series going as it was it'd have become a case of the original art direction really managing to be "obsolete" Sure these things were all within my power to "update" but at some point with enough of these updates it alters the game world and characters so much that whatever art direction it may have had needs to be replaced entirely. So my conclusion...it will work for real standalone films if I can do those...and as a courtesy I'll make it work somehow for PC series 1 and 2 to round them out (perhaps standalone films for both as well) but God was I dumb trying to do a series...twice.
dryuya Posted April 7, 2015 Author Posted April 7, 2015 I think this is the plan right now (until it changes) 1. Standalone movie with my current Skyrim setup 2. Finish one of the two PC stories with a standalone movie but make some technical improvements where possible 3. More standalone movie(s)? 4. Maybe finish the PC story I didn't finish before. 5. The end? Don't know. End may also come sooner if a new game comes out or something that makes Skyrim modding old news.
Av093 Posted April 8, 2015 Posted April 8, 2015 If that's the case I would finish the Story with Pilar Bolera cause she is the hottest. Plus I was hoping she and the Dark Elf lady hook up for a scene.
Swiftstep Posted April 8, 2015 Posted April 8, 2015 Hm, I don't get your point. You seem to be like a kid in a candy-store. Sure, there will always be releases that would have improved your work - but what does it matter? "The Lord of the Rings" is still better than the "Hobbit" movies. Technical advantages don't improve the quality of a movie in that degree a good story can. Since you always had good stories (and I wouldn't call your latest movies out-dated), I don't see much use in putting too much effort in a more modern approach. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to stop you from starting your project. It just seems you might go in too fast; you made break for a couple of months, and now you are willing to be at 120 % output? While the situation of sharing work with the community did not change - at all, I guess. So, in short: if you continue to make movies with the great story and balanced characters, don't you think, that would be enough? It is all that one user / consumer could ask for, that's for sure.
vitaminwaterxxx Posted April 12, 2015 Posted April 12, 2015 Good to see you're back into making videos, there's not a lot Skyrim movies these days.
dryuya Posted April 12, 2015 Author Posted April 12, 2015 Hm, I don't get your point. You seem to be like a kid in a candy-store. Sure, there will always be releases that would have improved your work - but what does it matter? "The Lord of the Rings" is still better than the "Hobbit" movies. Technical advantages don't improve the quality of a movie in that degree a good story can. Since you always had good stories (and I wouldn't call your latest movies out-dated), I don't see much use in putting too much effort in a more modern approach. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to stop you from starting your project. It just seems you might go in too fast; you made break for a couple of months, and now you are willing to be at 120 % output? While the situation of sharing work with the community did not change - at all, I guess. So, in short: if you continue to make movies with the great story and balanced characters, don't you think, that would be enough? It is all that one user / consumer could ask for, that's for sure. Well for me these have always been about 80/20 in ratio concerned the importance and subsequent work I place on just making good looking sex scenes vs making a story. So I haven't disregarded inserting some kind of plot into every episode but it's never been the main point...just a way to get sex scenes In that light...I'm always going to worry about technical improvements. A prettier character, ENB or HDT vagina probably doesn't change the plot (much) but it can make a sex scene significantly better and that matters to me. So like I was thinking (and thought before but didn't follow through)...series just aren't the way to go. Sure I just said I didn't care as much about story but I do care enough that I don't like throwing entirely different characters or bodies (replacing existing ones) or ENBs with different styles out there mid-tale...which I'm figuring is what will happen if I do want to keep up with the aspects that matter to me. Not a big deal...still going finish every story just needed to learn what sort of foresight I was supposed to have.
Swiftstep Posted April 12, 2015 Posted April 12, 2015 Thanks for the feedback - I misunderstood your earlier posts. Now I tend to agree with you: shorter stories might hold more spice, since it is easier to change the look per episode than per season. Of course, I'm happy to hear that you still have interest in finishing your great story line. Good luck.
Rattlesnark Posted April 15, 2015 Posted April 15, 2015 I of course cannot and will not blame you as the film maker's frustrations on the technicalities that go into producing the content. But if it's any reassurance (hopefully), your work has always been exceptional, and I've been hard pressed in finding film content for Skyrim of the same caliber - regardless of whether or not the newest and "greatest" mods have been implemented in their making (be it ENB or sex stuff). Your old work from a couple years ago are still very entertaining.That aside, whatever format of content you may wish to produce in the future (serial or single piece 'shorts'), I'm sure they'll be a blast to watch either way. If it comes to making radical changes to an on-going series (Potema Chronicles), I'm sure the viewer will be too occupied to be put off by such "trivial" stuff.
pehjones Posted April 28, 2015 Posted April 28, 2015 This is truly an amazing series! Really bravo to how it looks and how it was put together. I'm hoping you still working on it and we can expect a new episode soon
dryuya Posted April 30, 2015 Author Posted April 30, 2015 This is truly an amazing series! Really bravo to how it looks and how it was put together. I'm hoping you still working on it and we can expect a new episode soon Thanks. But it may not be too soon. Sorry I am working on it but it's slow going.
pehjones Posted May 17, 2015 Posted May 17, 2015 I love this series! seriously its amazing. I really hope you finish the story first if you are going to move on to other projects. Really, I have to see how this ends. Pure epicness. Oh and I'm not worried about how long it takes you to finish it. Its worth the wait.
Skynight1 Posted June 12, 2015 Posted June 12, 2015 Hi; where can I find all of the episodes of the New Potema Chronicles?
pehjones Posted June 20, 2015 Posted June 20, 2015 Hi; where can I find all of the episodes of the New Potema Chronicles? xvideos.com. Just search for it on there. The old and new episodes are there. 7 of them in total
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.