- a configurable time for the effect.

- the possibility to tweak the necessary level to have the spell working?

- a configurable basic buff level effect?

- maybe something to disable the sex initiation animation (ie work like there is no animation for the creature/npc) temporarily?

- maybe merge the two mods in one and give the choice to choose additional npc effect through MCM?

- something to reset or stop the scripts for debug/upgrade purposes?

• Hmm I prefer to get a general consensus on this rather, on what duration would feel just 'right'. Lasting long enough to get away from the target, while not lasting too long to the point it completely removes them as a threat.
  • This one is sort of against the idea behind the mod. If you can change the necessary level then you basically modify game balance, and you might as well use something like Matchmaker (which for some people I'm sure it's what they prefer). The necessary level can be tweaked in-game by grabbing perks from the Illusion tree and by dual-casting calm. Makes it more fun that way imho. :)
  • I tried to aim the buffs' effectiveness to be rather miniscule, while still giving enough of a small boost that would incentivize you to start an animation with a creature. I thought about it like this: Entering Riverwood, I could find a bed to rest 1 hour for a small +5% skill advancement buff. Or I could become friendly with the local dog instead...
  • This again gives the player too much of a mechanic control over something that should feel more immersive. I'm considering adding conditions for the sex to trigger though, such as sex only happening if there are no other hostile targets around. But this depends on me being a less terrible scripter.
  • Turning the two mods into one with a toggle for 'affect humans' could be a good idea. It's something I'm thinking about.
  • Currently there is no need for an 'uninstall' button for the mod. The mod's script only runs during the animations that are triggered. Once the calm effect has subsided from the target, it should be perfectly fine to just remove the mod from the data files list to "uninstall" it. Or at least that's how it works, my knowledge of this sort of things is not perfect.

Could do with more thoughts from people about the calm's duration after an animation being too long/too short or such, and if people like the buffs or find them annoying.

I think it'd be cool if a hotkey was added, so while the scene is animating, you can attempt to boost the spell's effect at the cost of magicka and chance of failure based on level of the NPC. When successful, the duration lasts longer, and there's a very slim chance you can turn the npc to be a temporary companion of sorts.

Say a level 30 PC calms a level 20 enemy and initiates a scene with it.

-The player can press a configurable spell button to attempt and increase the calm effect further while the scene plays.

--Each time it's pressed 1.5 x Enemy Level(Or Int) Magicka is consumed. In this case, 30 magicka

---The Magicka cannot regenerate during the scene.

--There's a high maximum chance of failure, chance of success increases with PC Int, decreases with NPC Level (Not int).

--There is a very slim chance, about 2% at most, to convert the NPC into a friendly NPC who will fight for the PC for the extended duration. (This could require a perk)

Additionally: NPCs with high arousal might be more susceptible despite higher int.

I'd prefer that you don't add any buffs - I use sexlab util for sexual buffs and it seems that the two conflict. I haven't done a really good test and could be wrong, but you know scripting better than I and could probably see if they actually do.

Edit: I think I remember this working properly in .95; however, since I've already admitted I haven't really checked things out properly I'll try for a more usable report later tonight :)

- a configurable time for the effect.

- the possibility to tweak the necessary level to have the spell working?

- a configurable basic buff level effect?

- maybe something to disable the sex initiation animation (ie work like there is no animation for the creature/npc) temporarily?

- maybe merge the two mods in one and give the choice to choose additional npc effect through MCM?

- something to reset or stop the scripts for debug/upgrade purposes?

• 1/Hmm I prefer to get a general consensus on this rather, on what duration would feel just 'right'. Lasting long enough to get away from the target, while not lasting too long to the point it completely removes them as a threat.
  • This one is sort of against the idea behind the mod. If you can change the necessary level then you basically modify game balance, and you might as well use something like Matchmaker (which for some people I'm sure it's what they prefer). The necessary level can be tweaked in-game by grabbing perks from the Illusion tree and by dual-casting calm. Makes it more fun that way imho. :)
  • I tried to aim the buffs' effectiveness to be rather miniscule, while still giving enough of a small boost that would incentivize you to start an animation with a creature. I thought about it like this: Entering Riverwood, I could find a bed to rest 1 hour for a small +5% skill advancement buff. Or I could become friendly with the local dog instead...
  • This again gives the player too much of a mechanic control over something that should feel more immersive. I'm considering adding conditions for the sex to trigger though, such as sex only happening if there are no other hostile targets around. But this depends on me being a less terrible scripter.
  • Turning the two mods into one with a toggle for 'affect humans' could be a good idea. It's something I'm thinking about.
  • Currently there is no need for an 'uninstall' button for the mod. The mod's script only runs during the animations that are triggered. Once the calm effect has subsided from the target, it should be perfectly fine to just remove the mod from the data files list to "uninstall" it. Or at least that's how it works, my knowledge of this sort of things is not perfect.

Could do with more thoughts from people about the calm's duration after an animation being too long/too short or such, and if people like the buffs or find them annoying.

1/Well, all skyrim play styles are different, that's why I was suggesting that! Skyrim is a lot about creating your own adventure after all ;).

2/I agree with you on that one.

3/Well I'd  really like to disable any buff in one of my playthrough, and to use it in another one: again it's simply being "lore friendly" with the character story ;)

4/ok

5/That would be simpler I think!

6/ok

If there are conflicts with mods that alter the calm spell (such as SkyRe), would it be possible to release a version that utilizes the Animal Allegiance or Kyne's Peace shout instead?

This would be beneficial for magical and non magical characters since:
i) You wouldnt have to use a weaponhand for the spell
ii) Shouts bypass resistance limitations and perk restrictions
iii) No conflict with the vanilla calm spell or mods that alters it

Also, Kyne's Peace and Animal allegiance both render the other pretty much useless (except for very specific situations) so the loss of one is no big deal.

Apologies in advance if this is something the plugin already does.

I've decided how to deal with the Calm effect's duration. The Calm effect will last 30 seconds if you hurried through the sex animation (by pressing space to skip stages for example), 60 seconds if it lasted for at least half a minute, or 120 seconds if it lasted a minute or more (SexLab default duration runs for more than a minute).

EDIT:

Re-uploaded the file with another change - the buffs will only take effect if the sex animation lasted at least 30 seconds now.

The new version updated with this change is up.

Also since someone mentioned SexLabUtil above, I highly doubt the specific creature buffs from this mod would conflict with SexLabUtil's buffs. Most likely buffs from both mods would be applied.

Also since someone mentioned SexLabUtil above, I highly doubt the specific creature buffs from this mod would conflict with SexLabUtil's buffs. Most likely buffs from both mods would be applied.

raises hand - that would be me, regarding sexlab util. Said I'd do some testing but ... time, time time. 

New version is up with optional german translation and an important bug fix.

CGi surprised me with a german translated version of the mod so those who prefer to play Skyrim in german can thank him for it. :)

1.1 changes:

• German translation option added.
  • Buffs renamed to Beast Lover's Comfort, Insect Lover's Comfort, Monster Lover's Comfort and Necrophile's Comfort.
  • NMM/MO Installer will now check you have the latest version of SexLab.
  • Missing buff cleanup script added.

If your current savegame has a bug where one of the comfort buffs is permanent, install the new version and find a creature that would give you that buff, Calm the creature and the buff will be reapplied as the normal 8 hour version.

first off just want to say thanks for the good mod.  if any where is a relevant place to drop this idea it would most likely be this mod. wood elves have a command animal that allows the player too use a wild animal as an ally. it would be cool if the player seduced the animal (having sex with the animal to gain its aligence) for this spell to work. also since i dont play as a wood elf it would be cool if this power or spell was usable by any race. 

So you actually want your pet/any animal to use the player, instead of looking for NPCs to train/have sex with, right?

i actually had an idea like this, so when casting Calm on your follower dog, he'll straight jump onto the players toon.
Whereby non-follower animals or humaniods have a random chance, to choose to mount the player.

i meant the player is given spell similar to command animal.  so the player cast spell on wild creature (seduces creature and sex is initiated). and then the creature becomes players pet follower. that's how the command animal works in vanilla but without the sex obviously. 

I just want to say I really like this mod....for me it has replaced matchmaker, and the zzspells to increase immersion.

Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing this mod grow.

Thanks. :)

i meant the player is given spell similar to command animal.  so the player cast spell on wild creature (seduces creature and sex is initiated). and then the creature becomes players pet follower. that's how the command animal works in vanilla but without the sex obviously. 

Hmm it shouldn't be too balance breaking to do since it's a once per day power. I'll give this a look and might implement it, no promises, though if I do I'd probably implement it in a way where having sex with the creature multiplies the normal power duration or such. The shouts someone mentioned earlier in the thread I probably won't change since they affect almost anyone on a low cooldown.

shane4244 is planning a mod with an actual beast follower from what I gathered, keep your eyes open for progress on it. http://www.loverslab.com/topic/23043-is-there-any-mods-out-there-like-lovers-bitch/?p=575765

I am using a Requiem. If you can give me I make it compatible?

If I give you what? My mod should be easy to modify by people who know how to, I've included the source scripts on purpose.

EDIT: Well nevermind, after a bit of tinkering the next version of the mod should be compatible with other spell mods.

In other news, since I'm posting anyway... A new version of Beast Tamer/Enchantress will be coming out sometime in the next couple of days, including pretty big improvements and six more spells/powers modified. If you've ever seen one of those videos on youtube of someone casting Mayhem in the middle of Whiterun and imagined how that would look if it got more naked... Well...

New version of the mod is up with MAJOR CHANGES! Seven new spells/powers were added, both mods were merged into one with an MCM menu to toggle between what their difference was, Calm was recreated to not put you in a bad spot mid combat, and compatibility with other spell mods was added. And did I mention the orgies with 9 participants? I probably did. :s And once again huge thanks to CGi for doing the german translation version!

Full list of changes:

• MCM menu added, Enchantress and Beast Tamer are now the same mod, the differance between them changed to an MCM toggle.
  • Added compatibility with all other Spell mods.
  • Calm will now only trigger sex while there is no combat participants near you. If you calm three targets, thus taking them out of combat, sex will trigger with the last target.
  • Five new spells modified: Pacify, Harmony, Call to Arms, Frenzy, Fear.
  • The third word of Animal Allegiance shout modified.
  • Wood Elf's racial ability Command Animal modified.
  • Threesomes and gangbangs can be triggered with the Pacify spell.
  • Orgies supporting up to nine participants can be triggered with Harmony.
  • If travelling with a follower, Frenzy will cause NPCs to ravage them.
  • Call to Arms cast on a target after enchanted sex will make them temporary enchanted followers for up to 10 minutes.
  • Animal Allegiance and Command Animal racial ability will grant you the animal as a temporary follower if you have sex with it.
  • Fear dismisses enchanted followers.
  • Auto gender sorting for gangbangs and orgies which can be turned off in the MCM.
  • While having enchanted sex, other calmed targets nearby will patiently wait for you to finish, with the durations of their calm effects refreshed once sex is done.

This mod seems great and with a lot of fun and immersion but I noticed some problems.

I don't know if they are strictly related to this mod. I think so, because the problems don't happen with all other sexlab mods I have.

The problem is:

Casting the Harmony spell and so then launching an orgy, my char is involved into a threesome. That's ok. It's not ok that the actors are always misaligned and a lot far away one to each other. Sometimes it happens that only one actor is nearby and aligned to my char, while the third one is far several meters.

Second (a little question): it seems that this mod uses aggressive animations only with the Calm spell, even with humanoids. Am I right?

Ehm ...

By my own choice, I refuse to use mod managers of any sort (Boss, WB, NNM and so on), and I had about one day to sort out manually my "perfect" load order.

Start a new game with only some mods active, means to mess up totally this personalized list and waste, again, a lot of time. I'm really not in the mood for this.

Unless you have a better solution.

Anyhow, I repeat that this strange misalignement happens only with sex animations started by this mod. I have a lot of other SexLab based mods, like Matchmaker, Submit, Defeat, TDF pimping prostitution, SL WorkingGirl, HornyFollowers and so on.

No one of those give me this problem.

This mod seems great and with a lot of fun and immersion but I noticed some problems.

I don't know if they are strictly related to this mod. I think so, because the problems don't happen with all other sexlab mods I have.

The problem is:

Casting the Harmony spell and so then launching an orgy, my char is involved into a threesome. That's ok. It's not ok that the actors are always misaligned and a lot far away one to each other. Sometimes it happens that only one actor is nearby and aligned to my char, while the third one is far several meters.

I tested Harmony quite rigorously for five days straight while trying to get it to work right, and only noticed misalignment issues on a couple of occasions. They seemed to happen if I opened up the MCM (or maybe it was just the options menu in general) while SexLab was doing the stripping phase. Can you give me more info on this bug: How often does it happen to you? Are you using the SexLab GIT version (I built version 2.0 with SexLab 1.24 and haven't tested how the GIT version affects it yet)? Are you standing still for a few seconds waiting for the orgy to start or entering menus meanwhile? Are you using the stripping down pre-sex animations or foreplay animations (haven't tested those either yet)?

CGi's suggestion might also help if he encountered this issue with another mod. I'm wondering what would happen if you start a new game, use the console to level up your character quickly just to test Harmony out. But of course that takes some time so just a suggestion.

Second (a little question): it seems that this mod uses aggressive animations only with the Calm spell, even with humanoids. Am I right?

The Calm calls for aggressive animations, but makes sure SexLab doesn't tag the sex as rape/aggressive or how it's called in the Journal/Diary. This is a leftover from when I just started learning how to mod Skyrim a month back and had no clue what I'm doing, and was concerned from seeing other mods never triggering any aggressive animations with the 'restrict aggressive animations' option turned on, or consider all animations to be both aggressive and non-aggressive.

I got better at understanding how SexLab works since, I'll try to see if I can make Calm trigger both aggressive and non-aggressive animations.