I can't get this mod to work.  Every time I cast Calm on a creature, I crash to desktop.  It looks like the animation is about to start.  I see my character exit combat mode, but then the game crashes.

I've tried uninstalling, updating FINIS animations, then reinstalling. Also tried unloading every mod I have installed except this one and SexLab.  Same results.  CTD every single time.

I can't get this mod to work.  Every time I cast Calm on a creature, I crash to desktop.  It looks like the animation is about to start.  I see my character exit combat mode, but then the game crashes.

I've tried uninstalling, updating FINIS animations, then reinstalling. Also tried unloading every mod I have installed except this one and SexLab.  Same results.  CTD every single time.

Are you using SexLab 1.24? Did you mark 'allow creature animations' in the SexLab MCM? Did you check all the creature animations are toggled on in the creature animations tab in MCM? Are you crashing with this SexLab mod only or with other SexLab mods as well (MatchMaker for example)? Are you using any mods that modify the vanilla creatures? Which creatures specifically cause you to crash?

Are you using SexLab 1.24?

Yep

Did you mark 'allow creature animations' in the SexLab MCM?

Yep

Did you check all the creature animations are toggled on in the creature animations tab in MCM?

Yep

Are you crashing with this SexLab mod only or with other SexLab mods as well (MatchMaker for example)?

Only this mod, but this the first mod that I have attempted to use creature animations with.  The other SexLab mods I have installed are Submit and Solutions.

Are you using any mods that modify the vanilla creatures?

Creatures?  No.  I did just install Ethereal Elven Overhaul, and my character is an elf, but I tried uninstalling that mod and still CTD with this one.

Which creatures specifically cause you to crash?

I've only tried three so far.  Wolf, spider, and Falmer.  CTD on each.

Did you install both FNIS 4.0.2 and FNIS 4.0.4 creature pack? When running GenerateFNISforUsers, do you have all the boxes unmarked, with the exception of the SKELETON Arm Fix which should be marked? Are you running GenerateFNISforUsers in administrator mode?

Did you install both FNIS 4.0.2 and FNIS 4.0.4 creature pack?

Yes

When running GenerateFNISforUsers, do you have all the boxes unmarked, with the exception of the SKELETON Arm Fix which should be marked?

Yes

Are you running GenerateFNISforUsers in administrator mode?

I didn't originally, but I just tried that and it made no difference.

I just re-checked the scripts and I'm not sure why you'd get a CTD before the sex starts. All the scripts do at that stage is pop a fluff text message at the top left of the screen and then tell SexLab to start an animation with your target.

To hunt your issue down, I recommend getting MatchMaker from here (can remove it afterwords): http://www.loverslab.com/topic/17343-sexlab-matchmaker/ , travelling to Riverwood and attempting to use it on the dog that usually hangs there. This would narrow the issue to either this mod or SexLab itself.

Also if you could post your papyrus log in spoiler tags or an attachment it might help. I'm not a very good scripter but might still realize something from it.

I had trouble getting it to write logs.  You really have to do everything just so in that text file. I thought I followed the instructions and got nothing, and kept playing with the spacing between lines and such until it worked. I have no idea why.  Did not report it as I thought it was an IO error for the most part, but if it helps you there you go.

• 2 weeks later...

CGi created an NMM / MO installer file for the mods and linked it to me, so I've changed the download page to use it instead. There is only a single downloadable file now. You either open it with NMM / MO which will prompt you to use either Beast Tamer or Enchantress, or you manually copy the files from only one of their folders.

Otherwise the mods are unchanged, this is not a new version. Just to make it easier on NMM / MO users.

Big thanks to CGi for creating the installer. :)

New version 0.95. I removed the invisible quest component of the mod and fixed it's script thanks to jbezorg's advice. This just means the mod would leave less of a footprint on saved games it was removed from, so no major changes.

Looks like you're still using the scripted package.
i hope you edited the version informations in meta.ini and fomod\info.xml, so MO and NMM display the correct version.

Anyhow: Downloading now.

if you don't mind, i'm going to re-write the script and send it to you.
it contains some new functionality that you may like ... or not. We'll see. ^^

i have a problem in here whenever i load my magic tab i always crash 

Not sure why that would happen since this mod doesn't add any spells to the player. Are you using Enchantress or Beast Tamer? Does the problem still happen if you disable the mod? Do you use any other spell related mods? Has your character learned the Calm spell yet?

i have a problem in here whenever i load my magic tab i always crash 

Not sure why that would happen since this mod doesn't add any spells to the player. Are you using Enchantress or Beast Tamer? Does the problem still happen if you disable the mod? Do you use any other spell related mods? Has your character learned the Calm spell yet?

i only happens when i enable the beast tamer  for the spell related mods im only using Skyre   and yes my char has already learn the calm spell but i cant use it beacause of that prob

I was about to install SkyRe to see if it is the cause but then I saw what a mess it would be to uninstall it afterwords so changed my mind.

It is most probably SkyRe conflicting with Beast Tamer/Enchantress. Reading through the mod description, it heavily edits spells, especially the Illusion tree. Since both SkyRe and Beast Tamer/Enchantress have a modified version of Calm, the game crashes. Adding it to possible conflicting mods in first page description.

I was about to install SkyRe to see if it is the cause but then I saw what a mess it would be to uninstall it afterwords so changed my mind.

It is most probably SkyRe conflicting with Beast Tamer/Enchantress. Reading through the mod description, it heavily edits spells, especially the Illusion tree. Since both SkyRe and Beast Tamer/Enchantress have a modified version of Calm, the game crashes. Adding it to possible conflicting mods in first page description.

ok thanks

Uploaded a new version - 0.99 BETA:

Certain creatures will now give the caster special rested buffs,

Fixed the text notification sometimes disappearing prematurely,

Changed post coitous Calm duration to 45 secs,

Script changed to act more reliably.

Also I remembered to update the version number in the MO installer this time around. XD

I call it a beta because I could use some feedback. I shortened the post coitous calm duration from 66 seconds to 45 seconds after realizing there's no such thing as 'extended Calm duration from dual casting'.

I'm not sure if the new 45 seconds duration will be what I'll keep using, considering switching to 60 seconds and maybe 90. I'd like some people's opinions after they've had time to try out the new duration while clearing a dungeon and travelling around the map, occasionally using the calm spell.

Also could use input about the new buffs. Do you like them or find them an annoyance? And let me know if you run into any bugs with their implementations.

Much longer duration will be very nice feature and also if u can implement some kind of necro calm spell which will raise dead creatures will be also very nice. Also want to thank you for this mod, its just what I needed :)

There's SexLab Necrophilia that does just that, I wouldn't want to add features which already exist in another SexLab mod. :) Calm will affect Draugrs though if you have the Animage perk.

I think a configurable time through MCM would be the best :)

What would you think the options in the MCM should be?

Well:

- a configurable time for the effect.

- the possibility to tweak the necessary level to have the spell working?

- a configurable basic buff level effect?

- maybe something to disable the sex initiation animation (ie work like there is no animation for the creature/npc) temporarily?

- maybe merge the two mods in one and give the choice to choose additional npc effect through MCM?

- something to reset or stop the scripts for debug/upgrade purposes?

I don't know if it's possible, but more customization to adapt to different playthroughs is always welcome :)

Much longer duration will be very nice feature and also if u can implement some kind of necro calm spell which will raise dead creatures will be also very nice. Also want to thank you for this mod, its just what I needed :)

There's SexLab Necrophilia that does just that, I wouldn't want to add features which already exist in another SexLab mod. :) Calm will affect Draugrs though if you have the Animage perk.

Sorry, didnt know that necrophila do that for creatures, my bad. And agree with post above.